PDA

View Full Version : Favourite season ever?

L.T.F.C.
19/08/2010, 10:05 PM
Well what was it?

For me it was 2007. Although we got relegated, the buzz for the final phase was amazing. Loved every minute of it. One of the highs was Sullivan's goal against Waterford...

What was yours?

Longfordian
19/08/2010, 11:42 PM
2003 was a great one things were really on the up we had good young players starting to really make their mark, the League Cup final was a really passionate game even though we lost. It turned out to be a great motivator for the FAI Cup then. Winning your first ever trophy will always make a season special!

ltfc_2004
20/08/2010, 9:11 AM
I think the first season in the Premier Division expected to be hammered and to get relegated instead winning games and making the Cup Final and into Europe ................ It seems so long ago now

outspoken
20/08/2010, 9:44 AM
Mine would be the same as L.T.F.C'S the07 season was amazing so up and down we looked doomed to relegation then we went on that amazing run and like said above Sullivans goal was unreal. I was standing close to the exit (trying to beat the crowd out imagine we had crowds haha) and then out of no where sullivan hit that pile driver the Waterford fans were signing we were going down and when that goal went in everyone ran in front of them and starting chanting back at them it was amazing.

The last game against Derry was imo the best atmosphere ever in Flancare and Mooney grabbing a hatrick was amazing and there was of course the infamous false alarm we all thought we had made the greatest survival of all time only to be left crippled by the news it was 0-0 in waterfords game.

then the atmosphere of the cup final it was magic a great send off for money , baker and all the Town legends and had we taken our chances early on who knows what could have happened.

Macy
20/08/2010, 9:59 AM
I'll also go with the first Premier Season. Some great atmosphere's home and away, with some great boozing around it. We also had great goodwill from other clubs that first year. And LTFC_2004, it seems like so long ago because it was so long ago!

Rocky77
20/08/2010, 10:04 AM
Got to be 2009 for me. I'll never forget the excitement of having a big-name manager in Alan Gough come in; Christ I felt we could take on the world with him in charge. And he got such a great squad together with true cult heroes like Ray Kenny. Legend. I loved the way after allowing both his keepers to leave he made a balls of the signing of Konopka and had to play himself. Not shambolic in anyway.

God be with the days.

Longfordian
20/08/2010, 10:54 AM
I think everyone has fond memories of the first season up alright. The atmosphere was brilliant especially at away games in places like Richmond and Dalymount. Turtle Travel was at it's height in those days! Looking back on those years with a bit of perspective, it's hard to see the particular combination of the success on the field and the novelty and enjoyment of it off the field ever being repeated. We can try though.

De Town
20/08/2010, 12:17 PM
Got to be 2009 for me. I'll never forget the excitement of having a big-name manager in Alan Gough come in; Christ I felt we could take on the world with him in charge. And he got such a great squad together with true cult heroes like Ray Kenny. Legend. I loved the way after allowing both his keepers to leave he made a balls of the signing of Konopka and had to play himself. Not shambolic in anyway.

God be with the days.

I was in stitches reading that. Brilliantly put.

The relegation season was my favourite. I only missed about 5 games all season, and was at every one from the middle of June or so. The 1-0 last minute win away to Rovers in Tolka, when they had only conceded 4 home goals all season or something like that, was amazing. Mooney scored and ran straight to the Town fans, I don't think I've ever celebrated a goal as much. Obviously the cup final's stand out and the promotion in Cobh as well, but that relegation season was definitely our most dramatic overall I think. What I would give to have drama like that back in the Flansiro...

The Insider
20/08/2010, 12:39 PM
Like a few others my favourite has got to be 2000-2001. We exceeded all expectations in that season. It was our first season in the Premier, we reached our first cup final and also qualified for Europe. A special mention for the season before when we got promoted and also 2002 - that game in Ballybofey, still dont think I've recovered from that.

outspoken
20/08/2010, 4:17 PM
Gives you a really warm feeling reading back about the good old days and whether we reach those hights again is yet to be seen but I believe we will return to the top flight at least

Longfordian
21/08/2010, 12:11 AM
If the question was best buzz off a result that Rovers game in 2007 would be hard to top even compared to the final wins. The League Cup final win in Longford had a great sense of occasion about it. Favourite games is another thread though I guess!

Keen2win
21/08/2010, 11:29 AM
Ah Kieran, stop ruining this thread, could someone delete these two posts? Start a new thread for that!

outspoken
21/08/2010, 6:55 PM
sorry

Pauro 76
22/08/2010, 10:58 AM
First season in the top flight. 2003 was a great year too. Great memories!

Martinho II
22/08/2010, 6:23 PM
it has to be 2000/01 for me.. Thats where the Stewie Byrne specials originated ( drinking wise!)

Cabs88
23/08/2010, 11:22 PM
I was in stitches reading that. Brilliantly put.

The relegation season was my favourite. I only missed about 5 games all season, and was at every one from the middle of June or so. The 1-0 last minute win away to Rovers in Tolka, when they had only conceded 4 home goals all season or something like that, was amazing. Mooney scored and ran straight to the Town fans, I don't think I've ever celebrated a goal as much. Obviously the cup final's stand out and the promotion in Cobh as well, but that relegation season was definitely our most dramatic overall I think. What I would give to have drama like that back in the Flansiro...

I remember that game vividly was a fantastic result, enda muldowney god rest him going mad on crutches when mooney scored.. Fantastic season great comradere among town fans and we had excellent travelling support throughout.. When Deegan scored against UCD on a soaking wet flancare park the great escape began..

2004 was fantastic aswell, trophies aside, Shelbourne the league champions coming down here and we hammered them 4-1..

Acornvilla
28/08/2010, 12:57 AM
what a goal by eric levine :D

Martinho II
28/08/2010, 7:31 PM
what a goal by eric levine :D

did lavine show to the cup match last nite in flancare did he??