PDA

View Full Version : old skool ice cream

max power
22/04/2004, 11:34 AM
you can have all your fancy magnums and new looki cornetos and all that mars ice cream rubbish...but you can't beat the good old ice burger or brunch...or a plain and simple 99, without all this toppings and flavours stuff..

its time to get back to basics with ols skool ice cream

max power
22/04/2004, 11:37 AM
i must say sorry for that, here at work they all agree....we have also added the tubs of ice cream with the little wodden spoon and the classic, loop the loop and wait for it................wibbley wobbley wonder, oh yeah !!! :cool:

pete
22/04/2004, 11:45 AM
How could you forget the Choc Ice, the staple diet of anyone on a beach in the 70s and 80s...

Anyone what the original Choc Ice was as seems like a lot of versions....?

wws
22/04/2004, 11:51 AM
and fat frogs meant a green ice pop in more innocent times

also feet shaped ice creams are back in HBs new retro release of old ice creams

it was pink foot on a stick - bit wierd

feasts as well

choc ices were the ultimate luxury in summer but each year the chocalate content became less and less and was than replaced by some artificial spray on thin substitute "i cant believe its not chocolate"

the 12 th man
22/04/2004, 11:57 AM
l

choc ices were the ultimate luxury in summer but each year the chocalate content became less and less and was than replaced by some artificial spray on thin substitute "i cant believe its not chocolate"

bang on there,i found myself in chocolate withdrawl at the time and was wondering what was going on.it was reduced to a micofilm at one stage.still dont think you get your full whack even up to today.

Macy
22/04/2004, 12:03 PM
also feet shaped ice creams are back in HBs new retro release of old ice creams

it was pink foot on a stick - bit wierd

Funny foot, but it used to be all the one colour - none of these swirls and chocolate big toe...

HB Choc Ices were the biz, although the 99's out of the machine were/are still my favourite...

shedite
22/04/2004, 12:07 PM
Those 10p Sparkles were the job if you were broke like me.

Dricky
22/04/2004, 12:17 PM
Golly Bars they were the biz

the 12 th man
22/04/2004, 12:50 PM
the humble old fashioned wafer takes some beating.the shopkeeper would cut one off the block depending on what size you wanted.you were made up if there was raspberry or strawberry sauce in the ice cream

ice cream= mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

tiktok
22/04/2004, 3:28 PM
icebergers for me, choc ice's when i was flush.

the 12 th man
22/04/2004, 4:00 PM
99 with 2 flakes and raspberry sauce.mmmmmmmmmm.

followed by ice cold can of coke.brain freeze.excellent behaviour :D

brendy_éire
22/04/2004, 4:02 PM
Twisters and Fat Frogs for me. Hard to beat on a roastin summer's day. Quality stuff hi.

pete
22/04/2004, 5:06 PM
I went thru a phase of eating those loop the loop multipacks (not at once) last year.

Plastic Paddy
23/04/2004, 6:43 AM
icebergers for me

Seconded. The main reason I'd look forward to six weeks in Ireland every summer wasn't seeing the family, it was the good old Iceberger. Loved them.

:) PP

GavinZac
23/04/2004, 11:02 AM
a brunch was like a delicacy. my mammy would give me money for an icecream everyday and i'd save up and buy a brunch every second ;)

then cornettos and magnums came out and ruined it all. over-priced, over-hyped, over fancy.