PDA

View Full Version : How they played

SSS
21/04/2004, 5:20 PM
Obviously a weakened team but it was interesting to see how some fringe players performed with Dolan watching:

Kev Murray at centre back: not a whole lot to do, but he really does not have the pace for EL.
Willie Byrne at leftback:played fine against poor opposition, but remains a bit too ponderous for my liking. Lovely "hand of God" goal for which he was booked.
Kearney: I was excited at prospect of having this sought-after player when he was signed, but he has shown nothing so far. Even last night he didn't get one good cross into the box and rarely did anything of use. He can dance around players a bit alright, but it always seems to be in his own half. Nwanko, SteveO and Woods are surely ahead of him for the left now.
Frahr: Greg said great things about him on the BRB, one for the future, but not yet.
Mucka: Very tidy, keeps it simple and is always facing the ball. Hard to know where to accomodate him though.

BTW, was the game a home tie for City, or a neutral venue semi?

Gary
21/04/2004, 5:39 PM
I thought Mulconroy was excellent last night and defo an option for a starting spot in the first XI in centre mid IMO.

Fraher looked good, but seemes to want to walk it into the net.

Guthrie looked very poor to me. Very slow.

Behan did very well as well. He needs a bit of 'nurturing', and we could see a real gem here.

Thought Jamie Nolan was kinda lost on the right. He did well, but Ive seen him play better.

NorthoftheLee
22/04/2004, 8:15 AM
I thought Mulconroy was excellent last night and defo an option for a starting spot in the first XI in centre mid IMO.

Fraher looked good, but seemes to want to walk it into the net.

Guthrie looked very poor to me. Very slow.

Behan did very well as well. He needs a bit of 'nurturing', and we could see a real gem here.

Thought Jamie Nolan was kinda lost on the right. He did well, but Ive seen him play better.

have to agree with GAry about mucka...thought he palyed very well for the short time he was on...always played the intelligent pass too...

guthrie looked poor to me too and I also expected a lot more from liam against such opposition...maybe he played within himself because of the u21 call next week.

adamcarr
22/04/2004, 3:12 PM
Behan was my definate man of the match, played great football! I thought Jamie Nolan did good getting past the players on the wing but he always pulled it too far wide! I was expecting Kearney to run rings around the DH players but he had a poor performance!

adamcarr
22/04/2004, 3:25 PM
The player marking Kearney was half his size.... Seriously! :confused:

balls
22/04/2004, 8:50 PM
what age is ian fraher. if he s the guy im thinkin of he s only around 16

Gary
22/04/2004, 9:30 PM
Thats the guy alright, though Id say he is 17 at this point. Tonnes of potential in this young fella.