PDA

View Full Version : Im Sorry...come March/April and Rovers wont be in top3!

soccerhead
29/10/2001, 11:55 PM
Im Sorry...come March/April and Rovers wont be in top3!

Recent performances against Dundalk and Longford will lead many people to beleive that Rovers are certainly not Championship quality.

These are the teams <no disrespesct to Dundalk or Longford> that top sides like, Shels,Pats,Bohs should take all 3points. Shels defeated Dundalk 4-0 just last week.!!!

Also the situation about The Stadium! what a disgrace! How can local rivals (Rovers,Shels) play in the same ground, know its Pats and Rovers. Is greed prevailing sense?

citylove
30/10/2001, 10:58 AM
I couldn't agree more, Rovers just do not have the team to win the league this season. It is amazing that they are top at all with their inconsistent form.

Citymark
30/10/2001, 11:41 AM
To be honest it is probably easier to pick the winning lotto numbers, than picking the EL Winners! All the top teams have been so inconsistent. Any team that puts together a run of 3-4 matches unbeaten will be clear favourites. If Cork City, can stop loosing goals in the last 5 minutes of a game then they would be my bet!
:D

soccerhead
30/10/2001, 4:19 PM
We just have to look at how Rovers did against Shels,Bohs.

Against Shels it was the strangest match in a long time. Although they thouroughly deserved to win, the luck certainly wasnt with Shels, Steve Williams was down injured which led to the second goal.

Against Bohs, it was a typical Dublin derby. Bohs dominated and Rovers looked like a team fighting to stay up, defending in numbers and trying to keep the ball. They won 1-0.

pete
30/10/2001, 4:43 PM
By all accounts Rovers trashed $hel$ in the 3-0 drubbing & sure didn't they beat them yesterday in the league cup too?

Scully seems to have made a huge difference to srfc & they probably have the best forward options in the league. Dunno about the rest of the team though....

The fact that ccfc beat them doesn't mean too much as apart from the 2 Mountfield games last year were unbeaten against them for years so we just returned to the usual ;)

IMO $hel$ are by far the least popular team in the league now!

Schumi
30/10/2001, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by pete

We've been overtaken!!!!

Macy
30/10/2001, 5:03 PM
Wasn't impressed with rovers at all on Friday night. De Town didn't even play that well, and should've won by a couple of goals at least.

btw Schumi, I hate youse more than $hel$ - it's more the ollie/keely dimension that brings them up to your level. $hel$ may have Sh!te support, but it's still more than 5 student muppets that need to get a life and support a proper team, not one that cheats other teams out of players through the scholarship system.

soccerhead
30/10/2001, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by pete
By all accounts Rovers trashed $hel$ in the 3-0 drubbing & sure didn't they beat them yesterday in the league cup too?

Scully seems to have made a huge difference to srfc & they probably have the best forward options in the league. Dunno about the rest of the team though....

The fact that ccfc beat them doesn't mean too much as apart from the 2 Mountfield games last year were unbeaten against them for years so we just returned to the usual ;)

I totally agree that Scully has made a dramatic improvement by bringing his experience to srfc. Forwards are in good form but i wouldnt class them as the best option in the league.As I said that 3-0 drubbing was due to Williams injury and the stupid sending offs but thats football.Both sides played second string sides Monday Night, few people at that game could disagree that Shels deserved to win.I also agree that "$hel$" are one of the least popular sides in LOI, due to Ollie's antics.