PDA

View Full Version : Sligo game

pineapple stu
13/08/2010, 10:05 AM
Greg and Corry out for this one; Greg starting a two match ban (don't know if it includes the FAI Cup game next week?) and Corry out for a week with concussion as I feared. Shorty may make the bench, and maybe Moore will be involved, but that's purely my speculation. Very hard to see us getting anything out of this one really, even though that's what I thought just last month when we were within a minute or two of a draw.

Schumi
13/08/2010, 11:16 AM
Greg starting a two match ban (don't know if it includes the FAI Cup game next week?)

It does as far as I know. I think it's only the automatic one-match ban that's limited to the same competition.

pineapple stu
13/08/2010, 11:25 AM
And it's irrelevant anyway as we have Fingal at home before the Cup game.

pineapple stu
13/08/2010, 9:20 PM
Hmm. Galway close to within one point after tonight. Our games in hand area away to the two Rovers; about as hard as you could pick really. Fortunately Drogheda are in freefall at this stage (although a resurgent Bray could catch them yet!), but I hope we don't rue throwing away three points against Galway in the Bowl last month. (In fact, we've lost to each of the bottom three in the last six weeks)

Edit - and Galway host Drogheda next week. :eek:

pineapple stu
14/08/2010, 9:25 PM
Jayz, that was a hammering. Badly need players back. Rovers cut through us for fun at times. First goal was quite superb, and the second wasn't bad either; both just before half-time, which really didn't help. Ger'd already made one world class save before that. Third apparently was deflected and the fourth was a basic header from a corner, but 4-0 was deserved alright. But we kept going in fairness and had some good openings in the last few minutes.

Karl Moore made his debut on the left wing. Started very rusty - one awful cross and a couple of cases of letting the ball run out for a throw for no reason. But he improved in fairness and looks like a decent prospect. Could well start soon enough, maybe for Dwayne.

But overall, not much joy at all to take from that one...

John83
16/08/2010, 7:00 PM
Man, we're on a horrible slide since the early fun.

However, some fun from the twitter feed:

Kilduff beats his mam twice and forces Gibson to tip over. 5:34 PM Aug 14th via mobile web
Libellous stuff.

pineapple stu
17/08/2010, 8:51 AM
Could be true.

Reminds me of local radio nonsense. "Some local notices now - a set of car keys has been lost between the car park and the hospital, so if you found a set, please contact us. Now, we might need some more detail there, such as what hospital and what car park, so maybe listener, if you want to get back in touch with us to give us a bit more information on that one. So-and-so writes in saying can you play a song for my nan, who's the best nan in the world because she took us to Westport for the weekend."

The counthry (sic) is great!