PDA

View Full Version : St. Pats game

SupaJon
12/08/2010, 9:53 AM
Team news for visit of St Pats
Along with long term injury victims Richie Baker and David Tyrrell, Bray will have Graham Kelly(hamstring), Danny O'Connor(back), Adam Mitchell(hamstring) and Chris Shields(suspended) all sidelned for the visit of joint League leaders St. Patricks Ath. to the Carlisle Grounds on Friday night.

There are also doubts about striker Shane O'Neill(hamstring) and Dane Massey who picked up a knock in the game against Bohemians, but it is hoped that both will be fit to take their places in the starting line-up, but no decision will be made until the last minute.

Speaking during the week Director of Football with Bray,Pat Devlin said "It was sad to see Eddie resign, he did it for his own reasons.We all appreciate what he did for the Club, but now we have to get on with it".

*********Bray's 2-1 win over St. Paricks Ath. in April of last year is Wanderers only win over Pats. in the last 18 meetings between the sides in all competitions.Paul Byrne now with Pats. got the winner for Bray that night.

******* Pats. have already beaten Bray three time so far this sesaon 4-0 in the League in April at Richmond Park,2-0 in the E.A. Cup also at Richmond and had a third victory at Richmond winning 3-0 in June in the League.

****** St. Pats have five ex Bray players in their squad,Gay Rogers,Derek Pender,Dave Mulcahy, Paul Byrne and Garreth Coughlan.

Sweet Jesus!
No manager...playing the league leaders...not won a home league game so far....and now missing our first choice midfield & Mitch with Massey & O'Neill maybe not 100% fit......

Should be interesting on Friday night. http://www.nlr-online.co.uk/smilies/4q1ixh.gif

Stevo Da Gull
12/08/2010, 10:28 AM
Home win written all over it ;)

SupaJon
12/08/2010, 10:34 AM
I had a dream on Tuesday night that we won 2-0.

The away stand was also higher and we had a bar underneath it though, so I wouldn't rush out and put money on it based on that. :)

Dodge
12/08/2010, 11:25 AM
Home win written all over it ;)

I can't tell you how much I'm dreading this game. I don't like Pats being so heavily favoured...

SupaJon
12/08/2010, 11:42 AM
I can't tell you how much I'm dreading this game. I don't like Pats being so heavily favoured...

Can't tell you how much I'm dreading it too! ;)

peadar1987
12/08/2010, 7:57 PM

How about we call it a draw, and don't bother playing it, so?!

Captain2007
13/08/2010, 9:43 PM
Good result and performance tonight, 3 excellent goals and well done to Devo and the team.
St Pat's were very disappointing for league leaders that's not to take anything away from the way we performed, nice to see we can hold on to a lead.Jake and Mulroy were excellent as was Matt Gregg very assured and commanding.Dempsey did well considering the abuse he took, thought he handled the situation very well. Overall good team performance, gives us some hope for the future.........

naoise kennedy
13/08/2010, 9:51 PM
Good result and performance tonight, 3 excellent goals and well done to Devo and the team.
Jake and Mulroy were excellent as was Matt Gregg very assured and commanding.Dempsey did well considering the abuse he took, thought he handled the situation very well. Overall good team performance, gives us some hope for future.........

A game of two halfs for jake, he lost the ball alot in the first half but made amends in the second, again prendergast played very well as did mulroy, overall it was a very different performance from eddie's time, the players looked more relaxed and looked like a load was taken off there shoulders even before half time,, great start for devo... THE GAFFER IS BACK,

notever
13/08/2010, 10:06 PM
Good battling performance.The man in black looked very relaxed.all through.Lets hope its like that from now on.....good days ahead we hope... come on you boys in green.....

Seagull
14/08/2010, 8:40 AM
St Pat's were very disappointing for league leaders that's not to take anything away from the way we performed, nice to see we can hold on to a lead.Jake and Mulroy were excellent as was Matt Gregg very assured and commanding.Dempsey did well considering the abuse he took, thought he handled the situation very well. Overall good team performance, gives us some hope for the future.........

I thought Dempsey was the difference tonight, he completely bossed the centre, winning the ball and playing simple, always accurate passes. O'Connor beside him thrived. Three outstanding goals, every man stood up to the mark and Drogs lost too. It's been a long season but last night made up for a lot of the misery we've endured so far. We're not down yet...

rocket
14/08/2010, 8:57 AM
i thought dempsey was the difference tonight, he completely bossed the centre, winning the ball and playing simple, always accurate passes. O'connor beside him thrived. Three outstanding goals, every man stood up to the mark and drogs lost too. It's been a long season but last night made up for a lot of the misery we've endured so far. We're not down yet...
totally agree with that seagull, on a night when everybody played their part,dempseys ability to get the ball down and start building from mid instead of hoofing aimless balls anywhere made all the difference. Three real quality goals, exciting run in ahead lads if we can keep playing like this.:)

SupaJon
14/08/2010, 9:33 AM
Cracking game last night! :D

We deserved to win. That was easily the best performance I've seen from the lads all season.

Dempsey & O'Connor really made the difference last night. We played some really good football at times.

And to think I wasn't looking forward to the game.............:)

Roo69
14/08/2010, 11:28 AM
It was a completely fresh start for the lads last night, Devo has even changed what dressing room they are in ! Great preformance and a great result. Although Pats did push on towards the end, i thought we fully deserved the win because of how hard we worked and how we dug deep.

Jake's 2nd goal was quality, couldn't have caught it any sweeter. Pat's 2nd goal looked miles offside, well 2 players looked miles off. Be interesting to see again.

superfrank
14/08/2010, 12:09 PM
Well done to Devo.

The players looked totally different last night. It was a great performance. It was great to see.

I thought the O'Neill, Mulroy and Kelly up front were the key last night. They started our defendeing all the way up the other end by closing down and when they got the ball they weren't anywhere near as wasteful as they have been in previous weeks. It was amazing. Every one of the lads put in a good shift last night.

I couldn't be more happy with them.

nf08
14/08/2010, 2:16 PM
Hopefully thay can kept it up for bohs .Say there will be a big crowed going up to that after that win

dublinwanderer
15/08/2010, 12:16 PM
Hopefully thay can kept it up for bohs .Say there will be a big crowed going up to that after that win

hahaha big crowd!! its bray! lol Lucky if there will be 30-40 bray fans at it!!!

good win though!!! the team looked organised and up for the match for the 1st time this season!!!