PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

AvondaleNutter
12/08/2010, 9:15 AM
Lets get this going again guys.

Any news on players?

I'd expect Rockmount as hot favourites for the premier league.

Did i hear that the Junior 1st divison League is split into 2 divisons, each team playing each other 3 times and then there's a playoff come season end?

zohan
12/08/2010, 5:20 PM
have to fancy rockmount again, with the hall pushing! carrigaline and maybe everton as outsiders! any news on players dropping down or stepping up up senior? be intresting to see over the next few weeks! any update on league cup yet? nothing on the website!!

ringmahon4ever
19/08/2010, 7:44 PM
back ringmahon each way in premier ha ha.looking very good in pre season.new players and management

FairBall
20/08/2010, 11:17 AM
Hi lads, i was wondering if anyone can tell me something. Im coming down to cork in mid september for college again and wanted to play ball down there this year...i was hoping to play for a team near enough to the city centre, maybe Everton or Glasheen cos i hear there both around Togher. What im wondering is whats the story with training and do ye think its possible to come down that late to a team cos i know the league cup games start this weekend alright.

AvondaleNutter
20/08/2010, 2:05 PM
Hi lads, i was wondering if anyone can tell me something. Im coming down to cork in mid september for college again and wanted to play ball down there this year...i was hoping to play for a team near enough to the city centre, maybe Everton or Glasheen cos i hear there both around Togher. What im wondering is whats the story with training and do ye think its possible to come down that late to a team cos i know the league cup games start this weekend alright.

Hi Fairball,

There should be no problem signing for a team and possibly everton is a better bet than glasheen as everton have two junior teams. The only issue you will have is that clubs are only allowed sign 23 players which is a problem for a lot of teams in the league.

AvondaleNutter
20/08/2010, 2:06 PM
back ringmahon each way in premier ha ha.looking very good in pre season.new players and management

They had a good side last year but were poor up front. Who have they signed?

Who did they play in pre-season?

ringmahon4ever
29/08/2010, 3:09 PM
ringmahon A 7-1 win against avondale/blown up 15 mins into second half :) :) :)

mayfieldman
02/09/2010, 9:14 PM
looks like ye have improved up front so :D

AvondaleNutter
03/09/2010, 12:00 PM
ringmahon A 7-1 win against avondale/blown up 15 mins into second half :) :) :)

Heard they could only field 9 players. things are not good down in Avondale Park at the moment

mayfieldman
04/09/2010, 8:42 AM
mayfield 1- rockmount 2. good enough game.rockmount scored jammy first goal. keeper had shot covered but it hit a bump in pitch and changed direction and went past him. second goal was error by centre back but was finished brilliantly by forward in off post. mayfield got late goal but couldn't get another one. mount were very organised and defended well and their 2 front men were a handful

Sparky
06/09/2010, 12:42 PM
Douglas Hall beat Ringmahon on Fri night. D.Hall went 0-1 down but Hall produced 2 quick goals from Free kick and penalty to go 2-1 up. They then went 3-1 up with about 10 mins left and Ringhmahon pullled one back with few mins left. 3-2. Good win for the Hall.

Bufc2010
28/09/2010, 11:27 PM
have to say that hall look like there gona win it this year,
was very impressed by them

Ace Forward
30/09/2010, 9:37 AM
Douglas Hall are very strong this year, both Senior and Junior. I predict a double. They added some good players to their squad and didn't really lose anyone. Rockmount and Carrigaline will be up there. Corinthians have started well but haven't had a major challenge yet but they look organised this season.

Bufc2010
30/09/2010, 10:47 AM
is danny kelly still playing for the juniors at carragaline?
d man oozes class
another month or so the table will start takin shape
i imagined everton would do well but they seem to be having an awful time so far
we are jus lookin for a mid table finish n a decent cup run,a very young team but learning all the time(the hard way in some cases)

http://foot.ie/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_txtcaps

mayfieldman
02/10/2010, 7:34 PM
mayfield beat mahon 7-1 away today. great results.everything just fell into place today. game was even enough but mayfield attacking play was very good and took all their chances. 0-2 at half time and ran away with it in second half.
we lost manager and a lot of experienced players before season started but have signed a few very good young players so need a few games to gel. hopefully after this result we'll kick on now for rest of the season

ringmahon4ever
02/10/2010, 10:05 PM
mayfield beat mahon 7-1 away today. great results.everything just fell into place today. game was even enough but mayfield attacking play was very good and took all their chances. 0-2 at half time and ran away with it in second half.
we lost manager and a lot of experienced players before season started but have signed a few very good young players so need a few games to gel. hopefully after this result we'll kick on now for rest of the season

good win all right.we fell apart at the back line..there was gaps and spaces in it.shockin display but fair play.good yong team

Bufc2010
05/10/2010, 12:15 PM
Blarney Utd. 0-1 Glasheen
close game between 2 teams who have started poorly
glasheen are a big physical team and we couldnt cope with it,they will cause trouble for other teams in division,
that being said a poor showing from us didnt help things
playing cobh sunday morning so a chance to put things right
also well done mayfield,great win.

rushy12
07/10/2010, 10:59 AM
thats a great win for mayfield...heard you lost a few players alright but pulled the aul team which might work to your favour.still tho that was a great result for yee..any predictions this weekend?and did any body leave any team yet.

ringmahon4ever
09/10/2010, 5:09 PM
ringmahon a beat coriantians 2-1 today

johhny g
09/10/2010, 8:11 PM
thats a good win for ye ringmahon,corianthians have had a good start,hopefully we can kick on from last week now and pick up another win in blarney in the morning

Bufc2010
09/10/2010, 10:23 PM
good win for ringmahon after last week,
everybody seems to be taking points off everybody,
dats good for the league neway
looking forward to the morning johnny g
may the best team win:D

mayfieldman
09/10/2010, 11:25 PM
was a joke pulling the AUL team-they came second in 1B last year and were pulled.all but 2 players still with club-rest left.think reason behind it was that senior team struggled with numbers and wanted some of the MJL players to play senior- a few of them more than capable but don't want to play senior.then any MJL players who went up to play senior could be back filled by AUL players but this never happened.
playing carrigaline tomorrow- will be tough game-they are always hard to beat.if wind tomorrow is anything like it was today then it'll ruin game because pitch is up so it'll be like playin in a hurricane!

Bufc2010
10/10/2010, 2:13 PM
Blarney 4-0 cobh Wanderers
good result for blarney team starting to click

mayfieldman
10/10/2010, 6:20 PM
mayfield beat carrigaline 2-1 today.missed a few good chances and went 1-0 up.mayfield keeper made unreal save to keep it 1-0 but carrig scored on stroke of half time.in second half carrigs left wing was sent off for stupidly raising his hands-cost them a point i think. changed game.they sat back and tried to catch us on break. looked like it was heading for draw but great run by centre mid before setting up striker.also missed a peno late on- great save by keeper but a win is a win

johhny g
10/10/2010, 10:30 PM
Blarney 4-0 cobh Wanderers
good result for blarney team starting to click

dont know what happened us today,we were brilliant last week and just didnt show up today.That no 6 was fairly handy couldnt seem to get anywhere near him and most things seemed to go through him.

Bufc2010
11/10/2010, 8:15 AM
dont know what happened us today,we were brilliant last week and just didnt show up today.That no 6 was fairly handy couldnt seem to get anywhere near him and most things seemed to go through him.

ye were poor in fairness but every team has there off days,
weve upped the ante in training the last 2 weeks n are starting to really let rip at anyone who makes a mistake on the pitch and i think it payed off yesterday
was no 6 the baldy guy?
im nearly sure it was,that was danny corkery.tidy player in fairness.
and had a great game yesterday as most of our team did tho

Bufc2010
11/10/2010, 10:21 AM
cobh against ucc this weekend again only 2 weeks after playing them
is it not an unfair advantage to be playin ucc twice this early in the season considering they are only back training a couple of weeks??

rushy12
11/10/2010, 12:37 PM
Just looked at the table there, Douglas Hall look strong and are getting good results.Corinthians and Rockmount will be there abouts too..league getting interesting now, with Mayfield picking up a few wins too..:confused:

Sparky
11/10/2010, 3:56 PM
I have seen Mayfield, Ringmahon, Rockmount, Douglas Hall & Midleton and I think Douglas Hall should take the league this year (only based on what I saw so far). Good football team and good squad. Mayfield will take points but prob not win it and Rockmount will always be knocking. I was impressed with Midleton but not enough up front I think. Didnt see Corinthians though. Decent league this year and it will be close. Rockmount Senior and D. Hall Junior is my prediction for the season. Only time will tell I suppose.

Bufc2010
12/10/2010, 5:47 PM
would have to agree with you sparky
iv seen everton,cobh,glasheen,corinthians,mayfield,ringmah on,carragaline and douglas hall
without a shadow of a doubt douglas are head n shoulders above every1 else,great footballing side
rockmount are always gna be up there challenging them and although i havent played them yet this year what i hear is its not as strong as last seasons squad

johhny g
12/10/2010, 11:56 PM
cobh against ucc this weekend again only 2 weeks after playing them
is it not an unfair advantage to be playin ucc twice this early in the season considering they are only back training a couple of weeks??

not if we play like we did last sunday

mayfieldman
23/10/2010, 7:59 PM
mayfield beat everfton away today in MJ cup.2-2 after full time and extra time.won on spotters.everton will be kicking themselves-wasted numerous chances to kill game but they didn;t.could have been at least 8-2 to them but i'm not complaining. we were missing 3 players today and it showed. and we had to make a change early on but happy with win and in the next round away to Everton United. we have played more games in everton park this season than out own pitch!!

johhny g
29/10/2010, 11:10 PM
got beaten 4-1 by the hall tonight,same story went one up and playin very well untill bout 60mins and gave away 2 very soft goals from corners.then the ref kicked in and disallowed our equaliser for "offside" when even douglas player admitted he was on.then he gave a pen against us for imagiary holding in the box,a joke.he seemed to loose control of the game for bout 10 mins after that as the tackles started to fly and as we pushed on got caught out with a sucker punch but in fairness to douglas they finished there chances well.goin to be a long season i think.

archie
13/11/2010, 9:21 PM
Oscar Traynor Trophy : TSDL 1 - 0 MSL

Bufc2010
15/11/2010, 6:56 PM
Blarney 4 Ringmahon 2
2 goals each from ryan corbett and damien ronan finished this game
sloppy defending left ringmahon in for there first and a peno for there second
from 3rd spot to 11th there is only 6 points of a difference
certainly a very mixed bag of results in the league this year
still lots of games to play though
surprising to see carrigaline down the bottom

mayfieldman
21/11/2010, 3:52 PM
mayfield beat cobh 4-0 away this morning.0-0 at half time but converted our chances in second half.unreal first goal-chris scored from about 40 yards in off post-keeper had no chance.penalty and 2 tap ins later on. good to get clean sheet but due to injuries and players away have to change the back 4 each week is unsettling.hopefully we'll have the same back 4 for awhile so they get used to playing with each other.
can't see past hall for league

johhny g
21/11/2010, 8:12 PM
would have to agree with you there we should of put away at least 1 wen we were ontop in the first half but ye came out and up it in the second and we just couldnt match it.ye could of had a few more aswell.douglas are def the strongest we have played so far but they were in this position last year for most of the season and threw it away with 2 or 3 games to go.

Sparky
22/11/2010, 5:15 PM
I was talking to the old manager of Mayfield Juniors recently. He said that ye are not the force ye once were. I know ye lost a few good players over last year or so. Do ye have realistic hopes of challenging for the league?

Bufc2010
22/11/2010, 7:52 PM
has anyone played midleton??
we have them friday night
they have only 4 games played in league,very strange

mayfieldman
23/11/2010, 11:23 PM
we did lose some very good players and loads of experience- 5 first teamers- right back (captain),centre back and 3 centre midfielders.won't agree with old manager- we did lose very good players but signed some good young ones too.last year we played well at start but then had few poor results and interest dropped and we finished up season with barely 11 players at games- old manager even played right back against everton away and he's about 50!!!when we had full team we beat hall at home , unlucky to lose away to them- our keeper was sent off after 10 min for handling outside box and they score with about 10 min left and we had a few chances.against rockmount we drew 0-0 at their place and they beat us 2-1 at our place in practically a hurricane-we missed peno in first 2 min and they scored a deflected free kick -i think we deserved to draw if not win but have to hand to them-thats how u win leagues by winning games that u don't really deserve to.
not sure about the league though- might be a step too far.our first 11 would be a match for anyone.we have a good squad but if we miss 1 or 2 players in key positions then we'll struggle.have had loads of injuries this year and only played full strenght team in 2 away games- won 7-1 in mahon and 4-0 in cobh.if we win next few games the interest keeps up hopefully we'll be in with a shout but with the results the hall are gettin looks like it could be done and dusted already

mayfieldman
27/11/2010, 9:06 AM
beat everton 3-2 on friday.score just before half time and just after half time. sat back then and they put pressure on and scored from a corner.we scored about 10 mins later. they score then we keeper lost sight of ball due to flood lights and hit left back and flew into net. they had a lot of ball but they took some wrong options up front but we created better chances. we should have scored more but played really well.very good game.can't understand why everton aren't higher up table-they played very well but struggled up front.

flyr
07/12/2010, 6:42 PM
Was dow watching that game and it is not the same cobh team i seen playing last year.i was at the everton game last season cobh went in halftime 2 down came back out battled and won the game 4-2.this season they domanated first half but when mayfield scored cobh looked beaton straight.Mayfield took there chances very well though i must say.

flyr
08/12/2010, 8:45 AM
i am new to this site but just have to add to that.i was down at the game at that is not the same cobh team i seen play last season by a long shout
would have to agree with you there we should of put away at least 1 wen we were ontop in the first half but ye came out and up it in the second and we just couldnt match it.ye could of had a few more aswell.douglas are def the strongest we have played so far but they were in this position last year for most of the season and threw it away with 2 or 3 games to go.

flyr
08/12/2010, 8:47 AM
do we think games will do ahead this weekend???

Sparky
08/12/2010, 7:13 PM
do we think games will do ahead this weekend???

I personally dont see Sat games going ahead. It would take 3-4 solid days of thawing in my opinion. Hope I am wrong. Frost again tonight and then thaw supposedly. H also hear the last week or more is meant to repeat itself in a weeks time! There is a good chance of no football until January for some clubs. Only time will tell I suppose.

flyr
09/12/2010, 4:27 PM
Hope to get at least 1 more game in be4 the new year it will be hard for all teams to get back into the mode after a long time out as there is not much training going on eitherx

Bufc2010
10/12/2010, 12:46 PM
BLARNEY V ROCKMOUNT TONIGHT OFF

It would be nice to get one more game in before xmas alright
it will be like pre season all over again in january

limited fixtures next weekend so its looking like thats all for 2010 folks

Billynomates
10/12/2010, 1:38 PM
BLARNEY V ROCKMOUNT TONIGHT OFF

It would be nice to get one more game in before xmas alright
it will be like pre season all over again in january

limited fixtures next weekend so its looking like thats all for 2010 folks

I thought ye have an all weather pitch?

flyr
10/12/2010, 1:54 PM
Playing glasheen sunday morning fingers crossed it goes ahead.any of tomorrows games off..

Bufc2010
10/12/2010, 4:57 PM
[QUOTE=Billynomates;1433110]I thought ye have an all weather pitch?[/QUOTE
all weather(except extreme cold)im afraid
should stick to calling them astroturf as it makes more sense if you ask me!
its frozen over,to dangerous to play on