PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Eric
26/10/2011, 8:27 PM
2-0 final score. AUL dominated possession and hit the post twice. MSL scored twice with 2 good breakaway goals. Kristian Dennehy was awful in the 1st half and did a complete u-turn in the 2nd, created the 1st and scored the 2nd

AvondaleNutter
26/10/2011, 8:36 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Forgot to say you can play 2 seniors but you can't play anyone who has played in the Munster senior cup

AvondaleNutter
26/10/2011, 9:09 PM
2-0 final score. AUL dominated possession and hit the post twice. MSL scored twice with 2 good breakaway goals. Kristian Dennehy was awful in the 1st half and did a complete u-turn in the 2nd, created the 1st and scored the 2nd

Great win. Do you know what the team was?

Eric
26/10/2011, 9:18 PM
1. Dean Winters,
2. Gavin Henchy,
3. Sean McTaggert,
4. Trevor Dunlea (c)
5. Terry McSweeney
6. Aidan Murray,
7. Colin Harte,
8. Dave O'Keeffe,
9. Shane Hennessey,
10. Kristian Dennehy,
11. Killian Murphy

Subs Used:
12. Gordon O'Sullivan
19. Alan ??????
20. Willie Ahern

AvondaleNutter
26/10/2011, 9:41 PM
1. Dean Winters,
2. Gavin Henchy,
3. Sean McTaggert,
4. Trevor Dunlea (c)
5. Terry McSweeney
6. Aidan Murray,
7. Colin Harte,
8. Dave O'Keeffe,
9. Shane Hennessey,
10. Kristian Dennehy,
11. Killian Murphy

Subs Used:
12. Gordon O'Sullivan
19. Alan ??????
20. Willie Ahern

Cheers

nononsense
26/10/2011, 10:41 PM
MSL now out of the Oscar Traynor competition. One game left to be played in the group, Tipperary Southern league versus Cork AUL at Tipperary. Cork AUL must win by three goals to deprive TSDL winning the group.

underpressure
27/10/2011, 5:13 PM
4 or 5? We used 1........as a sub!!!

For the record the MSL v AUL game is 0-0 at half-time

I never said that it was fermoy, i'm just sayin in general!

douglas local
27/10/2011, 7:45 PM
1. Dean Winters,
2. Gavin Henchy,
3. Sean McTaggert,
4. Trevor Dunlea (c)
5. Terry McSweeney
6. Aidan Murray,
7. Colin Harte,
8. Dave O'Keeffe,
9. Shane Hennessey,
10. Kristian Dennehy,
11. Killian Murphy

Subs Used:
12. Gordon O'Sullivan
19. Alan ??????
20. Willie Ahern

quick question are u allowed to play oscar traynor if u have played intermediate cup the week before

AvondaleNutter
27/10/2011, 8:02 PM
1. Dean Winters,
2. Gavin Henchy,
3. Sean McTaggert,
4. Trevor Dunlea (c)
5. Terry McSweeney
6. Aidan Murray,
7. Colin Harte,
8. Dave O'Keeffe,
9. Shane Hennessey,
10. Kristian Dennehy,
11. Killian Murphy

Subs Used:
12. Gordon O'Sullivan
19. Alan ??????
20. Willie Ahern

quick question are u allowed to play oscar traynor if u have played intermediate cup the week before

Good question. I would doubt it.

Gobias
27/10/2011, 9:22 PM

Just comes down to what form you signed. If you are signed to a junior form your able to play oscar traynor regardless of the matches you played senior

AvondaleNutter
27/10/2011, 9:32 PM
Just comes down to what form you signed. If you are signed to a junior form your able to play oscar traynor regardless of the matches you played senior

Think because he played intermediate cup he's not able to play for the msl junior team

freddieflinston
29/10/2011, 1:48 PM
Rule 2f - Any player who plays in the Senior Cup or Intermediate Cup is not eligible to play in the competition.

ringmahon4ever
29/10/2011, 5:04 PM
beat ucc today 2 nil.heard there was draws in both rockmount and douglas hall games

Eric
30/10/2011, 9:19 AM
Won 4-2 at home to Carrigaline B yesterday. 4 goals for Alan McCormack.

They've lost a lot of players from that team from last season. Very young side but they put in a serious shift.

greengrass
31/10/2011, 7:16 AM
beat ucc today 2 nil.heard there was draws in both rockmount and douglas hall games

great start out in mahon this season
confidence must be well up
its great to see other teams up there this year

six-yard-box
02/11/2011, 5:58 PM
Anybody hear anything about an appeal from the aul with the fai over the recent Oscar traynor game?

greengrass
02/11/2011, 6:39 PM
Anybody hear anything about an appeal from the aul with the fai over the recent Oscar traynor game?

havent heard a thing anyway
about an ilegible player i assume

six-yard-box
02/11/2011, 9:08 PM
havent heard a thing anyway
about an ilegible player i assume ya player played intermediate cup. Today was last day to appeal wondering anyone hear anything.

freddieflinston
03/11/2011, 8:11 AM
Ah six yard box - i alluded to that illegal player a few days ago but no one picked up on it :-D . I think the MSL will be thrown out of the competition so it wont be a 3-0 win awarded - both MSL results will be irrelevant

greengrass
03/11/2011, 5:40 PM
who is the player in question lads?
surely they wouldnt be foolish enough to this

douglas local
03/11/2011, 7:05 PM
appeal gone through cillian murphy played intermediate cup for douglas hall v ringmahon
definitely illegal

skippy7
03/11/2011, 11:14 PM
i was at the msl v aul game the other night and i could hear clearly from the msl bench the name alan being shouted at one of there players but when i looked on the echo there was no alan on there teamsheet,did anybody else at the game hear this?can anyone clarify?

mayfieldman
04/11/2011, 10:53 AM
Alan moniher for mayfield was on team.

skippy7
04/11/2011, 5:21 PM
thanks was wondering alright his name wasnt on the echo the following night

villaman10
04/11/2011, 5:36 PM
feel sorry for the msl lads to have their hard earned and deserved win done away with, but wish the aul all the best at least now that its a clean slate between the aul and tipp league their should be no excuse's for the aul, maybe the lesson they got up at turners cross 2 weeks ago might stand to them and hopefully they get through for local soccer!

Clifford
05/11/2011, 12:41 PM
Fermoy v CIT called off cos CIT only had six players so didn't travel or something like that.

underpressure
06/11/2011, 3:50 PM
Cobh 2-1 Bandon...a game we deserved to win, went 1 down in first half, fell asleep at the back and bandon player scored with nice lob over keeper, controlled rest of first half other than that, came out in second half and lifted tempo, scored two good goals, under pressure for last 5 or 10 mins but well deserved the win, ringmahon away next week, tough place ta go!!

ringmahon4ever
10/11/2011, 8:32 PM
beat rockmount tonight 4-1. Were three up at half time. Very comfortable. Things are looking good

greengrass
11/11/2011, 11:06 AM
beat rockmount tonight 4-1. Were three up at half time. Very comfortable. Things are looking good

thats a huge win for mahon and will do there confidence a world of good
rockmount look off the pace this year for some reason,as do douglas,im yet to see corinthians play but i hear that there the team to beat,
mahon are off to the perfect start though,lookin forward to cors and mahon playing now

greengrass
11/11/2011, 2:13 PM
key difference will be corentians seniors are priority in their club but in mahon all there best players are playing junior..will the club be happy to go along with this? the longer the season the goes the more ud have to fancy mahon to keep it going...thats where my money is at.....whats gone wrong at mount? only won one of 6 in league and beaten last week by west cork team?trouble or just bad run?

is there some reason for this?
you would think with all clubs the seniors would have priority but same seems to be the same case with midleton this season

ringmahon4ever
11/11/2011, 3:17 PM
http://foot.ie/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by redandwhite http://foot.ie/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=1551612#post1551612)
key difference will be corentians seniors are priority in their club but in mahon all there best players are playing junior..will the club be happy to go along with this? the longer the season the goes the more ud have to fancy mahon to keep it going...thats where my money is at.....whats gone wrong at mount? only won one of 6 in league and beaten last week by west cork team?trouble or just bad run?
just to clarify that seems to be doing the rounds at the moment , just cos a clubs jnr team is doing well which is fantastic for a club it does not mean that all the good players are not playing senior, true there are alot of players that have played senior in the past few seasons that are now playing jnr which is fine with the club it saves them moving on and keeps them from leaving , the seniors have not had a great start due to player inj and hols not down to players not wanting to play , for example in 1 away game there were 5 1st teamers missing , and 2 went off inj before halftime , which adds to 7 which is a massive loss to any team , we have 2 jnr teams in the club and if any member of those teams are asked to play senior they are first at the game whether it is to play are be part of the 16 on the day, last week was the first week that the full senior squad was back and there was a 5 2 win over a strong ballincollig outfit , so heres hoping for the remainder of the season and that the jnrs win the league !!! which everyone in the club will be delighted to congratulate them

greengrass
11/11/2011, 5:07 PM
wells said,its good to nip theses things in the bud as they seem to grow legs in the rumour mill

ringmahon4ever
12/11/2011, 4:01 PM
our second junior team beat cobh today 2-0.great win for them

Clifford
12/11/2011, 8:32 PM
Fermoy juniors beat ucc 1-0 today at the Farm

Fermoy A's lost to an early goal at passage. Maybe deserved something from the game.

Mighty almighty
14/11/2011, 8:27 PM
Think greengrass you have been given false info,i no a few in d midleton set up,only 1 player playing for midleton juniors from there senior panel last year,also I saw there juniors play this year and I also saw some of this junior panel tog out and play for there senior team also,strange rumour to me....also ringmahon have been making steady progress over the last number of years in the junior league,no surprise to see them up there,only a matter of time before Douglas/rockmount dominance ended!

fifa
21/11/2011, 7:38 PM
Heard bandon beat midleton last week any match reports

ringmahon4ever
27/11/2011, 12:19 PM
junior a team beat blarney this morn three one. Things are looking very good for them

ringmahon4ever
27/11/2011, 2:46 PM
another interesting fact from game. Blarney had no subs. Player had a eye brow pierced but had it covered up by tape. Dunno how far into game but the tape kept coming off.ref said you cant play on if its not covered. So he wouldn take it out so blarney had to play on with ten men. Bit stupid really

greengrass
27/11/2011, 7:33 PM
talking to a few lads out that way.....
blarney look to be in trouble
managerless since last week and lack of numbers turning up
the player in question today was brought down from seniors for the game,,
he had eyebrow pierced yesterday and refuses to take it out because it would close up even though blarney only had 11 players??
that was at half time
score was 1 all at the time and all to play for,,
not exactly showing much commitment to the cause there

AvondaleNutter
28/11/2011, 12:33 PM
Junior League Cup Final

Everton 2 - 0 Douglas Hall

Mighty almighty
29/11/2011, 4:36 PM
talking to a few lads out that way.....
blarney look to be in trouble
managerless since last week and lack of numbers turning up
the player in question today was brought down from seniors for the game,,
he had eyebrow pierced yesterday and refuses to take it out because it would close up even though blarney only had 11 players??
that was at half time
score was 1 all at the time and all to play for,,
not exactly showing much commitment to the cause there

To b honest green grass.....were they not relegated last year and put in a crazy objection to some game played weeks earlier of there last game of the season....outcome was carrigaline played illegal player.which should mean carrigaline thrown out of league.were was d example the league were going to set at the start of the year..outcome was blarney won the 3pts.....and midleton suffered d relegation blow!!very fishy antics in Msl committee!!

greengrass
30/11/2011, 5:29 PM
To b honest green grass.....were they not relegated last year and put in acrazy objection to some game played weeks earlier of there last game of the season....outcome was carrigaline played illegal player.which should mean carrigaline thrown out of league.were was d example the league were going to set at the start of the year..outcome was blarney won the 3pts.....and midleton suffered d relegation blow!!very fishy antics in Msl committee!!

you only have 4 days after a game with which to lodge an appeal mighty.
Blarney played Carrigaline a few weeks before the season ended and Blarney put in an objection after that game
they were succesful with appeal so far from crazy objection ??
it was the MSL who were late with there decision, through admin or what im not sure,
blarney were well within there rights to object as any club in the league is after a game,
that was carrigalines second time getting caught that season and second time being fined 3 points so the template was already set for the decision,
if i was head of committee it would have been carrig getting relegated

personally i dont feel 3 points deduction is a big enough deterrent for clubs at all as if a team is stuck for players and only have say 9,
more than likely they will lose anyway so whats the harm in grabbing 2 fella's and chancing there arm??
maybe they have looked at the rule a bit harder after last season but they should consider changing it asap

villaman10
30/11/2011, 6:03 PM
To b honest green grass.....were they not relegated last year and put in a crazy objection to some game played weeks earlier of there last game of the season....outcome was carrigaline played illegal player.which should mean carrigaline thrown out of league.were was d example the league were going to set at the start of the year..outcome was blarney won the 3pts.....and midleton suffered d relegation blow!!very fishy antics in Msl committee!!

best thing that could have happened to ye mighty, ye have rallied well this season, and bar an almighty collapse after x-mass ye should walk that division!

Mighty almighty
30/11/2011, 7:49 PM
Didn't know that blarney objected straight after that game,only heard that midleton were given a very raw deal by the league....only a man on the fence to be honest....def agree with you...bout your opinion on the league not setting an example bout teams CHEATING,which what it really is...and if that was carrigalines 2nd time caught....shud be relegated for 2yrs atleast....alot of teams honest in the league...and also agree with you every team has the right to appeal!!

Mighty almighty
30/11/2011, 7:53 PM
Ya I see midleton have started well this year villa man.....but I'm only a man on the fence.....work with quiet a few from midleton....I follow junior soccer in east cork in general!!

greengrass
30/11/2011, 8:07 PM
best thing that could have happened to ye mighty, ye have rallied well this season, and bar an almighty collapse after x-mass ye should walk that division!

agreed
they will be coming back up with real momentum aswell so in hindsight it worked out very well for midleton in the long run

ringmahon4ever
03/12/2011, 10:19 PM
game off tomorrow against mallow. Heard there pitch is like a lake again. They have no luck when tht happens down there

fifa
10/12/2011, 4:54 PM
ringmahon 3 glasheen 1

Eric
11/12/2011, 7:48 AM
Suffered our first league loss of the season yesterday away to Tramore. We were terrible all over and credit to Tramore they made us pay. Got off to the worst possible start and were one down after about 7 seconds, and 2 down after 7 minutes!! We pulled one back quickly after but went chasing the game in the second half and they caught us twice on the break.

Finished up 4-1 to Tramore.

Eric
12/12/2011, 9:36 PM
ThatTeam Of The Month award is a curse!!!

Midleton juniors got it for October then went and lost their first league game of the season!

We got it for November and lost our first league game of the season at the weekend!!!

Can the powers that be continue to concentrate on the city clubs and forget about us again please!!!:p