PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

greengrass
05/07/2011, 4:43 PM
havent heard anything regarding junior leagues red and white
a better idea will be got when teams get back training i imagine,
not long to go now

Bodie
05/07/2011, 5:40 PM
heard the hall have lost one or two of the good young players, reardon and killian murphy apparently going senior and will be a few going to AULs and a few young AUL lads going the opposite way. other than that havent really heard anything, presume rockmount will need to sign a few to get back competing, mayfield will need to do the same. I had heard the halls manager was considering his future and getting involved in the senior set up but cant confirm

AvondaleNutter
05/07/2011, 9:00 PM
Douglas hall, ringmahon and rockmount would be my 3 picks. All 3 finished quite strongly last season. Our lads will struggle again but at least they're all local lads which hasn't been the case for a long time as we all Know.

Heard Avondale have applied for a pitch in the Blackrock area so fingers crossed it'll happen as traveling to carrigaline is a disaster for the club

greengrass
05/07/2011, 10:58 PM
i would say douglas,mount and corinthians if they can keep there team and add a few
cant see ringmahon competing for the top spot,
hear blarney are getting new managers,
thats about it

Billynomates
06/07/2011, 12:36 PM
It was Avondale who won it previous to these two

ringmahon4ever
06/07/2011, 1:38 PM
Douglas hall, ringmahon and rockmount would be my 3 picks. All 3 finished quite strongly last season. Our lads will struggle again but at least they're all local lads which hasn't been the case for a long time as we all Know.

Heard Avondale have applied for a pitch in the Blackrock area so fingers crossed it'll happen as traveling to carrigaline is a disaster for the club

ringmahon will be stronger from last year.gettin a few seniors back and some of the youth team that won league are stepping up..regarding your new pitch you wanna look at your geography because you know as well as i do where ye want yere pitch to be

greengrass
06/07/2011, 8:06 PM
ringmahon will be stronger from last year.gettin a few seniors back and some of the youth team that won league are stepping up..regarding your new pitch you wanna look at your geography because you know as well as i do where ye want yere pitch to be

do tell ringmahon

ringmahon4ever
09/07/2011, 5:45 PM
do tell ringmahon

my lips are sealed ha ha

ringmahon4ever
09/07/2011, 5:47 PM
i think ringmahon fancy their chances every pre season for this league but it never comes to much...maybe this could be the year!! with the way this league has gone in recent years teams need to get off to a strong start to put pressure on hall/mount...in fairness mayfield did it last year but it was more the fact they played additional games up to march rather than being capable of winning it...when it came to it think mount and hall beat them easily both home and away...
we goota fancy ourselves because no one else does ha ha.we finished strong when we got few new players in.now add them to the seniors and youths that are coming in and hopefully it will be a good season.

villaman10
19/07/2011, 4:50 PM
any news on transfers in this section??

six-yard-box
20/07/2011, 10:56 AM
any news on transfers in this section??

Only one I know is that Darren heaphy is gone to blarney ST from the mount

six-yard-box
20/07/2011, 1:07 PM
what about mayfield? will they be as strong this year?? good young side last year who suprised a few people

Littleman took over up there did he? Be intresting to see if he'll bring any players with him.

greengrass
20/07/2011, 6:33 PM
what about mayfield? will they be as strong this year?? good young side last year who suprised a few people

id imagine the better players of the mayfield team will be called up aswell maybe,
they have a young fella playin for them ,christian dennehy i think who i was very impressed with when i saw them play last year
would it be fair to say anyone could be the dark horse in the junior league year to year?
rockmount and hall will always be the teams to beat but behind them you could pick it out of a hat i feel depending on manager changes and player clearouts

Sparky
21/07/2011, 8:56 PM
which club will littleman be bringing players from? has he come from another club? they could be the real dark horses with a couple of decent additions

Lets be honest here lads, Douglas Hall WALKED the league and will do so again. They wiped the floor with anyone near them. Mayfield looked like they were in the hunt but NEVER WERE as they played loads of games in hand. Ringmahon are not good enough and Rockmount are lacking and will do so this year too. I am prediciting the Hall by about 7-9 points.

mayfieldman
21/07/2011, 9:54 PM
christian is still playing junior next year as is most of team i think but that'll depend on who seniors get ,jnr team have got a few new additions this year and soem loook handy and will play.spent most of last season with about 12 players which is not enough to win league. hall were far and away best team in league- if they fielded 2 teams then they would have come first and second i think . beat us 5-1 away and should have been a double that .and they were missing 5 from team who played week before. can't see past them. defence was our big problem last year- changed every week and conceded way too many goals.

thebooboys
21/07/2011, 10:21 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qrH_-8hl7K4/TifTjcTzBCI/AAAAAAAAQ-E/vrQWTau6lU0/s1600/Poster.jpg

casilles
24/07/2011, 4:19 PM
BRANNIGANS SPORTS QUIZ

Friday 5th August @8.30pm
First Prize E750 voucher for Tom Tully sports
Second Prize E250 for Tom Tully sports
Spot prizes on the night.
Teams of 4 E20 to enter
"A great way to Kick start the new season"

Any queries pm me or ring 021-44552072 after 6pm

zohan
04/08/2011, 8:32 PM
Anyone hear of any signings for carrigaline, because reading previous pages they used a lot of seniors and other juniors last year! Wont be getting away too easy with it this year if clubs are cute enough! Hall to win with rockmount second!

greengrass
05/08/2011, 4:41 PM
dont think carrigaline will try that again this year as they were caught twice last year
then again i didnt think they would do it after the hall game either and they did so who knows.....

ballsac7
12/08/2011, 6:25 AM
Douglas Hall Jnr Prem beaten away last night by Crosshaven Seniors 2-1

AvondaleNutter
12/08/2011, 7:51 PM
Beamish Stout Junior cup

1. Blarney Utd,Carrigaline Utd B,Ringmahon Rgs A,Everton Utd
2. Cobh Wanderers,Douglas Hall,Fermoy Utd, Ringmahon Rgs B
3. Carrigaline Utd, Everton, Fermoy, Mallow Utd
4. Midleton, CIT, Mayfield Utd
5. College Corinthians, Glasheen, Booklodge
6. Bandon, Crosshaven, Tramore Ath
7. Passage, Avondale Utd, Crofton Celtic
8. Rockmount, UCC A, St Marys

AvondaleNutter
13/08/2011, 6:58 AM
Beamish Stout Junior cup

1. Blarney Utd,Carrigaline Utd B,Ringmahon Rgs A,Everton Utd
2. Cobh Wanderers,Douglas Hall,Fermoy Utd, Ringmahon Rgs B
3. Carrigaline Utd, Everton, Fermoy, Mallow Utd
4. Midleton, CIT, Mayfield Utd
5. College Corinthians, Glasheen, Booklodge
6. Bandon, Crosshaven, Tramore Ath
7. Passage, Avondale Utd, Crofton Celtic
8. Rockmount, UCC A, St Marys

I'll go with
Ringmahon
Douglas
Carrigaline
Mayfield
Corinthians
Bandon
Avondale :-P
Rockmount

greengrass
24/08/2011, 2:35 PM
any thing going on here lads regarding transfers and pre season friendlies??
its been very quiet

flyr
31/08/2011, 9:30 PM
Cobh beat ringmahon 2-0 last night.played them of the park in first half went in 2-0 up at the break.Let mahon back in to it in second half were put under a lot of pressure but defended well and should have got 1 or 2 more on the counter attack but final ball let us down.

AvondaleNutter
01/09/2011, 12:31 PM
Cobh beat ringmahon 2-0 last night.played them of the park in first half went in 2-0 up at the break.Let mahon back in to it in second half were put under a lot of pressure but defended well and should have got 1 or 2 more on the counter attack but final ball let us down.

Good win flyr. How ye looking this season? was that their A or B team? we have the B team in our league this year

greengrass
01/09/2011, 2:02 PM
that was ringmahon b cobh played
some good strong teams in division 1 this year
will be a hard league to make it out of

mayfieldman
07/09/2011, 5:46 PM
mayfield V bandon postponed cos bandon couldn't make kick off time of 6.15

six-yard-box
08/09/2011, 2:36 PM
any reports on the cup games played midweek? how did Douglas Rockmount game go?

3-2 Douglas hall.. Rockmount went 2 up should have been more.. Douglas hall got 1 back just before half time. Scored straight away in d 2nd half bossed it really went 3-2 up then n rockmount went down to 10 stupid 2nd yellow. and never really threatened after that. Good game tho.

Glenbuck
08/09/2011, 7:19 PM
3-2 Douglas hall.. Rockmount went 2 up should have been more.. Douglas hall got 1 back just before half time. Scored straight away in d 2nd half bossed it really went 3-2 up then n rockmount went down to 10 stupid 2nd yellow. and never really threatened after that. Good game tho.
Should have been more is correct but fair dues to Hall for hanging in there. Stupid yellow card is right... from the refs point of view. Little or no contact but fair play to the Hall number 3 for applauding like a seal when the red was shown. Just to finish.. why was goal ruled out at the end ?

six-yard-box
08/09/2011, 8:16 PM
Should have been more is correct but fair dues to Hall for hanging in there. Stupid yellow card is right... from the refs point of view. Little or no contact but fair play to the Hall number 3 for applauding like a seal when the red was shown. Just to finish.. why was goal ruled out at the end ?Bad form alrite you can't leave your leg up like that tho he was asking for trouble IMO. Wasn't off from d original free but was from d flick on. We were bang level with it he was a good 3 yards off.

greengrass
09/09/2011, 3:02 PM
so another season beckons,,
any word on any teams strengthening/weakening this year lads?
hopefully another couple of teams can challenge mount and douglas this year

Eric
10/09/2011, 7:22 PM
Carrigaline have brought last season's 1st division side manager in to take over the Premier division side to bring through some of the younger players. He's a straight up guy so doubt he'll tolerate any of last season's messing.

greengrass
25/09/2011, 7:07 PM
so first shock in the junior division with corinthians hammering douglas
anybody see the match??did it reflect the score?

ringmahon have got off to a flyer but very early days yet

BalagueFC
25/09/2011, 8:19 PM
so first shock in the junior division with corinthians hammering douglas
anybody see the match??did it reflect the score?

ringmahon have got off to a flyer but very early days yet

Have Douglas Hall lost some players? I heard they were played off the pitch and it could have been more a lot more

greengrass
26/09/2011, 11:10 AM
i read on another forum that some of there aul team came up so if anything they gained i would imagine
well done to corinthians though,results so far suggest it could be an interesting season at the top of the league for a change

villaman10
27/09/2011, 12:52 PM
any news on the ot team?? surely they must be picking a team soon??

greengrass
27/09/2011, 1:05 PM
any news on the ot team?? surely they must be picking a team soon??

Saw the manager watching the blarney and rockmount game the other day

douglas local
29/09/2011, 9:31 PM
the hall have lost half of last years team mostly to the seniors. i saw the corinthians game and the scoreline was fairly accurate - cors by far the hungrier team

ringmahon4ever
01/10/2011, 10:54 AM
any report on the douglas ringmahon game from last night<br />
<br />
Douglas beat us two one. Game of two half's really. Douglas first half us second half. We went one up against run of play but douglas got one back just before half time. We bombarded there goal in second half but just didnt have the luck to get equaliser.

greengrass
01/10/2011, 1:20 PM
<br />
<br />
Douglas beat us two one. Game of two half's really. Douglas first half us second half. We went one up against run of play but douglas got one back just before half time. We bombarded there goal in second half but just didnt have the luck to get equaliser.

so are douglas looking as strong as last season ringmahon??

ringmahon4ever
01/10/2011, 2:38 PM
so are douglas looking as strong as last season ringmahon??yeah they have very good midfield. Think it might of been just a bad day against coriantians.around 5 or 6 from last year stil player. There keeper is very young and a bit of a weak link but time will tell

Silly Billy G
03/10/2011, 10:02 AM
I went out to UCC v Blarney yesterday
Blarney looked good, lots of new faces, they won 2-0 and missed a good few chances near the end too when UCC were pushing on.
UCC first game of the season i'd say, looked like they had a few handy ball players but were a bit all over the place.
OT Manager there

Eric
03/10/2011, 7:09 PM
Can anyone tell me what the position is with CIT playing their senior players in their junior eam for the first few games of the season?

I know they don't play in the Keane Cup and used the first few juniors games last years as a kinda pre-season for the senior team. Not sure if they're doing it this year but am curious as to whether they are allowed do this by the league or is it just something they chance their arm at and try get away with??

underpressure
04/10/2011, 5:23 PM
they probably are playin a few of their senior team, they normally start later than everyone else, dont know what the position is with that and the msl, if they are chancing their arm then not many other clubs can complain, most clubs play senior players at junior level, happens every week, i dont know what the rule is on how many senior players can play and so on, can anyone clear it up?

greengrass
04/10/2011, 9:16 PM
Can anyone tell me what the position is with CIT playing their senior players in their junior eam for the first few games of the season?

I know they don't play in the Keane Cup and used the first few juniors games last years as a kinda pre-season for the senior team. Not sure if they're doing it this year but am curious as to whether they are allowed do this by the league or is it just something they chance their arm at and try get away with??

Could be just chancing there arms,,too hard to prove anyway i would imagine

Fantasista
04/10/2011, 10:14 PM

They do it every year to try and get their senior team some extra game time I think you would have a hard time trying to prove

Eric
05/10/2011, 9:05 AM
Not trying to catch them out, was just curious as to whether they get leeway to do it.

We're playing them Friday night so will prob be facing most of their senior side. Never like playing them early in the season.

Chiefscout
05/10/2011, 9:12 AM
Not trying to catch them out, was just curious as to whether they get leeway to do it.

We're playing them Friday night so will prob be facing most of their senior side. Never like playing them early in the season.
Ucc do it aswel but a blind eye seems to be turned to it for reasons unknown

Fantasista
05/10/2011, 8:18 PM
is the rule that until u play 5 senior matches u can play with the junior side and in all cases a junior team can play 2 senior players regardless so at this stage of the season basically junior clubs can field an entire senior team if they wish. looks like CIT/UCC know the rules more than people accusing them and the league of doing wrong Think your fairly spot on there coming to think of it ! Also saw them playing earlier in the cup they looked handy enough the senior player manager was playing along with about 3 or 4 others

Chiefscout
05/10/2011, 8:30 PM
I'd imagine Avondale juniors will be sprinkled with 1 or 2 senior players weekly for the season.cotter won't want his squad players not getting any sort of a game.