PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

greengrass
15/05/2011, 10:00 PM
nice play by midleton delaying kick off an hour so they could find out the blarney result
stroke of genius????

Silly Billy G
16/05/2011, 8:55 AM
nice play by midleton delaying kick off an hour so they could find out the blarney result
stroke of genius????

Hardly made a difference with Blarney losing, surely Midelton would have been trying to win either way. Blarney and Cobh relegated so down to division 1.

greengrass
16/05/2011, 9:33 AM
thats true..table doesnt lie

Fantasista
16/05/2011, 10:39 AM
Hi guys new to the forum Would like to say was very interested in the final day of the season in the junior league with regards relegation places so I decided to go and watch the Midleton game when I arrived at 10:30 as per MSL website, was told about the delay. It was delayed due to their senior teams game with cork city as they have the first pitch closed in an effort to preserve the pitch and there was a underage game on the second pitch. I think going into the last two games it was really blarneys to lose also congratulations to brooklodge and mallow in their promotions

footiefanatic
16/05/2011, 1:55 PM
Wouldnt be so sure Blarney are down yet. Heard they have put in an objection against Carrigaline after the 4-3 defeat. Clutching at straws comes to mind. Midleton look like they have done enough. Interesting to see is anything made of the objection or will blarney be plying their trade in the 1st division next year

villaman10
16/05/2011, 6:33 PM
Wouldnt be so sure Blarney are down yet. Heard they have put in an objection against Carrigaline after the 4-3 defeat. Clutching at straws comes to mind. Midleton look like they have done enough. Interesting to see is anything made of the objection or will blarney be plying their trade in the 1st division next year

Would you care to enlighten us as to what happened at the carrgaline game dont think I heard anything on the forum with regards a complaint from the match would be interested to know what happened. Also if Blarney dont go down this season they will be the luckiest team in the league having being relagated last year only for a league restructuring of the first division saving them.

Silly Billy G
17/05/2011, 11:28 AM
Would you care to enlighten us as to what happened at the carrgaline game dont think I heard anything on the forum with regards a complaint from the match would be interested to know what happened. Also if Blarney dont go down this season they will be the luckiest team in the league having being relagated last year only for a league restructuring of the first division saving them.

Is that true ? I thought a team pulled out of the league early, Mallow or someone ? Am i dreaming :confused:

villaman10
17/05/2011, 11:45 AM
To my knowledge anyway open to correction here but two teams were to be relegated last year from the junior premier but then there was a restructuring of the first division league at the last minute kinda like the day before the last game or something the two first divisions were split thus only resulting in only one team getting relagated from the premier blarney finished second last last year so they were a bit lucky that the restructuring took place
Dont know about any team pulling out maybe that was the reason for the restructuring, but mallow have being promoted along with brooklodge who are champions they won the play off on saturday.

The Professor
17/05/2011, 11:55 AM
Gutted Glasheen are still up. Murphy's Farm has to be worst pitch in MSL, grass must be cut once a year or something.

Fantasista
17/05/2011, 2:25 PM
Must say I was happy to see Glasheen stay up as they were wrote off half ways through the season but continued to battle on also felt they were a bit unlucky at the start where they put in some good performances but did not get anything out of the games on the note of pitches the league will be losing a fine playing surface in blarney probably the best in cork

Corinthians 365
17/05/2011, 3:36 PM
Down go Blarney with their excellent pitches. Down go Cobh Wanderers with their decent pitch. Up come Mallow to compete with Glasheen for worst pitch in the division. At least Midelton managed to stay up, always a pleasure to play there.

greengrass
17/05/2011, 4:13 PM
To my knowledge anyway open to correction here but two teams were to be relegated last year from the junior premier but then there was a restructuring of the first division league at the last minute kinda like the day before the last game or something the two first divisions were split thus only resulting in only one team getting relagated from the premier blarney finished second last last year so they were a bit lucky that the restructuring took place
Dont know about any team pulling out maybe that was the reason for the restructuring, but mallow have being promoted along with brooklodge who are champions they won the play off on saturday.

last year a team pulled out at the start of the season(to my knowledge i heard it was marys juniors) so all clubs knew that only one team was going down
the restructuring of the first division played no part

on the objection,fighting relegation 2 years running they should take there medicine and go down
try and get confidence going with a few wins and try and come back a better team
i cant see a club that size being down there for long

greengrass
18/05/2011, 8:23 AM
so basically if ur fighting relegation teams should be allowed to break the rules and u should just get on with it is it??? what about everton earlier in the season with douglas hall..should they just have taken their medicine as well?? turns out those 3 points just about kept their heads out of the relegain battle this season...everton definately go down as the biggest failure of the season albeit they won the league cup but were a disaster in the league

your right about the rule breaking red and white,,
it goes on right through the junior leagues though,
iv seen teams this year who were unrecognisable from when seeing them at the first half of the season
very hard to prove though

villaman10
18/05/2011, 12:33 PM
well there is a transfer window around xmas time so teams can change from start of year to end of year without rule breaking. I think to be fair most teams will try to be honest but u will always find the same clubs being the ones who will try anything to win a game...

also the league should highlight in balck and white on the website what the rules are as far as senior players are concerned eligible to play a junior match, i think squads should be posted on the site so clubs know who is signed for which team in a particular club and also ALL suspensions should be listed as well. Is that asking a lot?

ha ha!! it's like some one is tickling my belly!!, you do realise what league we are in?? you have to be realistic red and white!!
as regards senior players i'm pretty sure the rule is you are allowed have 2 players who have played more than 5 senior games that season, and as many as you want who have played under 5 on the starting 11, basically, as far as alot of clubs are concerned the junior team only serves a purpose for senior players coming back from injury, and getting them back to fitness,(not my view before you go off on 1)!! as regards blarney making a complaint why didn't they make it against carrigaline when they were beating other teams down near the bottom, or was that suiting them at the time?? sounds like sour grapes to me!!

greengrass
18/05/2011, 3:53 PM
ha ha!! it's like some one is tickling my belly!!, you do realise what league we are in?? you have to be realistic red and white!!
as regards senior players i'm pretty sure the rule is you are allowed have 2 players who have played more than 5 senior games that season, and as many as you want who have played under 5 on the starting 11, basically, as far as alot of clubs are concerned the junior team only serves a purpose for senior players coming back from injury, and getting them back to fitness,(not my view before you go off on 1)!! as regards blarney making a complaint why didn't they make it against carrigaline when they were beating other teams down near the bottom, or was that suiting them at the time?? sounds like sour grapes to me!!

i imagine there complaint is about there match with carragaline and not others villaman,
sour grapes or not there well entitled to object,
no doubt filling msl coffers at the same time :D

villaman10
18/05/2011, 4:51 PM
.point about blarney complaining: this might be difficult, but stay with me... once carrig's seniors were safely promoted their junior team all of a sudden started getting good results ( i have no idea if this is down to them packing the team or just hard work? fair play to them either way) which propelled them up the table and to safety, while also taking points of teams at the bottom of the league thus actually helping blarney's cause and maybe some other teams!! my point was that blarney were happy to see carrig win then, but all of a sudden when carrig beat them (blarney) they want to complain, all i was trying to put across was you cant have your'e cake and eat it!!

seniors have a panel of 23 players, of course junior teams have a purpose, what did you think i meant ?? that every junior game a team will have 11 senior players on the pitch, 2 that have played 5 games, 9 who have 4 or under,?? are you well in the head??what i was trying to get across was that there are clubs who dont care if there junior team finished 4th from the top/3rd from bottom as they see them as a means to get their injured players back to fitness, and some of their squad players game time, obviously if the junior team is doing well their happy, and of course nobody wants any team in their club relagated!! once again i will say that this is not my view on how junior team should be used but it a fact of life!!

if you took time to read over older posts, you would see that i have no love lost for the msl, but they are doing their best with what they got, where would we be without them?? so i do agree with your'e point about suspensions, i just felt my belly being tickled cause i know that what your'e asking for is a long way off

villaman10
18/05/2011, 4:55 PM
i imagine there complaint is about there match with carragaline and not others villaman,
sour grapes or not there well entitled to object,
no doubt filling msl coffers at the same time :D

money again eh greengrass?? :-) hope my reply to red and white explains it greengrass,

greengrass
18/05/2011, 8:02 PM
always money haha
i understand what your saying about carragaline suddenly getting good results but how were blarney to know that this funny business was the case when they hadn't seen them play,
they could only object when they themselves had been on the wrong side of it and with it being more important to them than maybe other teams that carrig beat they decided to act
you have to realise that villaman

villaman10
19/05/2011, 8:29 AM
oh grengrass i do realise your'e point, but still stand by opinion! thats why this forum is here after all, opinions

villaman10
19/05/2011, 3:09 PM
don't think it takes much to baffle you red and white, between your'e comments here and the aul thread seems you like picking fights!!! you aint going to get 1 hear so good luck with your'e rantings

razor
20/05/2011, 10:11 AM
if they are winning games playing illegal teams so im quite entitled to disagree with you.Thats a very big "IF", be careful

razor
20/05/2011, 10:38 AM
well if the rumours are true its a small if actually;)....Rumours don't cut the mustard on here, we only deal in fachts.
Prove it or don't post it.

Bodie
23/05/2011, 7:50 PM
any news on Blarney appeal? I thought Douglas hall had won their appeal and were awarded the points against carrigaline but not according to league tables on website??

Think Douglas Hall Crofton will get to the super cup final...anyone know where the final gets played?

villaman10
24/05/2011, 7:52 AM
turners cross thursday june 2nd

ball-hop
24/05/2011, 8:40 PM
Semi Final result - Hall 2 Midleton 0

ball-hop
25/05/2011, 9:39 AM
been a great season in fairness for the hall......as good a junior team as has been at this level for a long time...who have they got in final?
I believe it's Passage - they won 1-0 against Crofton in the Semi last night.

villaman10
31/05/2011, 2:24 PM
midleton relagated!! blarney win there appeal!! some twists and turns and the season is finished 2 weeks

greengrass
31/05/2011, 4:23 PM
wow is all i can say
carrig should be the ones thrown down
as you said red and white thats only the 2 times teams have objected
blarney in fairness were well within there rights to object but a lousy outcome on midleton..shouldnt be tolerated..
if theres any justice carragaline should be into the first division

villaman10
31/05/2011, 4:28 PM
Ya its definite midleton gone down think that is disgraceful considering that it was carrig they played in the last game aswell carrig should be relegated instead if there is any justice

greengrass
31/05/2011, 4:46 PM
Ya its definite midleton gone down think that is disgraceful considering that it was carrig they played in the last game aswell carrig should be relegated instead if there is any justice

carrig must go
wonder what the powers that be will do
they will have to make a decision soon

villaman10
31/05/2011, 5:43 PM
carrig must go
wonder what the powers that be will do
they will have to make a decision soon

its in writing, from my source midleton got a letter in the post telling them that they are relagated, think its to late for them to appeal, by all accounts the letter was the first they heard bout any appeal!! shocking stuff, considering blarney made their appeal 2 weeks before end of season and only now has the outcome been decided!!

greengrass
31/05/2011, 6:10 PM
i think it was common knowledge on this forum anyway that blarney had put in an appeal after the carrig match as footie fanatic posted up 2 pages back on the 16th of may
surely someone from midleton would have known it was pending
they certainly took there time though
how is it carrig twice(that we know of)broke the rules and walk away scott free bar 6 points taken off them???

villaman10
31/05/2011, 8:13 PM
i think it was common knowledge on this forum anyway that blarney had put in an appeal

alass greengrass not everybody is wise to the brillance of foot.ie :-)

johhny g
31/05/2011, 9:11 PM
Any chance for cobh:-)but seriously that's a disgrace carrig should be relegated not midleton was talkin to there centre half last week and it was first he had heard of any objection,very harsh on players and management who worked there socks off to survive,msl need to be strong on this and relegate carrig

greengrass
31/05/2011, 9:31 PM
Any chance for cobh:-)but seriously that's a disgrace carrig should be relegated not midleton was talkin to there centre half last week and it was first he had heard of any objection,very harsh on players and management who worked there socks off to survive,msl need to be strong on this and relegate carrig

here here

flyr
31/05/2011, 10:00 PM
when cobh played carrig AWAY it looked like carrig had a very different team to the one they fielded in cobh .personaly i would not know any carrig player so i would not know who is junior our senior BUT it was a very DIFFERENT TEAM???

Silly Billy G
01/06/2011, 10:49 AM
Have Carrigaline got 2 junior teams ?
I was told it was a different junior player whom was playing for the other junior team in div 1 whom played for the premier team as well that caused the problem.
Its a disaster for Midelton in fairness to be relegated due to the behaviour of another team and not Blarneys fault either that Carrig broke the rules. MSL should really make decisions on these issues before the end of the season so that the likes of Midelton know the points needed to survive. Awful to stay up then due to an admin delay be relegated after all the effort.

Fantasista
01/06/2011, 4:54 PM
Disgraceful carry on by both the MSL and carrig do midleton have the right to appeal and surely carrig should go instead playing seniors once cos your stuck maybe you could believe them but constantly have a different team and is a miracle they have had only two complains made

greengrass
01/06/2011, 6:25 PM
i believe you only have a certain few days after a match to object so midleton won't have a leg to stand on but they should definetely be campaigning for carragaline expulsion from the premier,
you would think the MSL would have seen the right thing to do here from the offset
i hope that midleton are going to kick up a fuss

zohan
01/06/2011, 9:15 PM
heard carrig were using illegal players from the junior 2nd team??!!

greengrass
02/06/2011, 12:03 AM
heard carrig were using illegal players from the junior 2nd team??!!

it was one of there junior 2nd team players who they were guilty of against blarney anyway

Mr.Reliable
02/06/2011, 1:33 AM
Just wondering villaman10, what was the outcome from the match between blarney and midleton in o' shea park where the game was abandoned just after half time due to violent conduct? Where Midleton awarded the points or did it have to be replayed?? I think it was before Christmas sometime. And yes i agree with all comments, it is a joke that Midleton be relegated due to the faults of others. Midleton played for the points they believed they needed on the final day and then they are told by a letter in the post. DISGRACE!!

villaman10
02/06/2011, 10:52 AM
Just wondering villaman10, what was the outcome from the match between blarney and midleton in o' shea park where the game was abandoned just after half time due to violent conduct? Where Midleton awarded the points or did it have to be replayed?? I think it was before Christmas sometime. And yes i agree with all comments, it is a joke that Midleton be relegated due to the faults of others. Midleton played for the points they believed they needed on the final day and then they are told by a letter in the post. DISGRACE!!

they gave it as a draw, i know midleton got a fine as well,(dont know what for) razor please dont remove this post as i am only answering a question that was asked!! if memory serves me right an incident like this happened last/year before in the senior first division, and the team who's player got (fouled) got the points!! no, i won't be mentioning their names, just using it as an example!! from the outside looking in it looks like midleton had a tough year of it from the msl bigwigs, shame the season has ended this way for all teams involved in this situation, as we should be talking about douglas hall and their fantastic season, but that's what happens when you relagate a team by letter 2 weeks after the season is over, when every one else can see that there is something wrong with that!! maybe mr blatter took it on as a foxer!!:confused:

red and white you are correct, what in the name of god were they doing down there in the first place???

greengrass
02/06/2011, 4:16 PM
midleton were fined and it was given as a draw for that game in o shea park because midletons sideline ran onto the pitch as soon as the incident happened so it was acknowledged by the msl that they had a part to play in the whole incident getting completely out of hand aswell
normally it would be the instigator would get no points but the league found that it was equal blame(more 70/30)id imagine

greengrass
02/06/2011, 4:25 PM
[QUOTE=villaman10;1493256]they gave it as a draw, i know midleton got a fine as well,(dont know what for) razor please dont remove this post as i am only answering a question that was asked!! if memory serves me right an incident like this happened last/year before in the senior first division, and the team who's player got (fouled) got the points!! no, i won't be mentioning their names, just using it as an example!! from the outside looking in it looks like midleton had a tough year of it from the msl bigwigs, shame the season has ended this way for all teams involved in this situation, as we should be talking about douglas hall and their fantastic season, but that's what happens when you relagate a team by letter 2 weeks after the season is over, when every one else can see that there is something wrong with that!! maybe mr blatter took it on as a foxer!!:confused:

classic :D

villaman10
02/06/2011, 7:17 PM
midleton were fined and it was given as a draw for that game in o shea park because midletons sideline ran onto the pitch as soon as the incident happened so it was acknowledged by the msl that they had a part to play in the whole incident getting completely out of hand aswell
normally it would be the instigator would get no points but the league found that it was equal blame(more 70/30)id imagine

can you blame them?? ya man spent 4 hours in hospital and 8 stitches in his head, i'd find it hard to stay on the line myself!! but think its time to draw the line over that incident!! at least the msl told them bout that decision before it was to late, think what every one here is puzzled by is the relagation 2 weeks after they drew with carrigaline last game of season thinking that's all they needed!! that wouldn't happen in the most backward league in the deepest darkest part of the old soviet union!!

villaman10
02/06/2011, 7:19 PM
[QUOTE=villaman10;1493256]
[/B]
classic :D

took me all week to find something to get good ol' mr. blatter involved:-)

the hawk
02/06/2011, 7:22 PM
Lastest from turners cross Douglas hall 1 - 1 Passage

Del Trotter
02/06/2011, 8:46 PM
Douglas Hall 2 Passage 1

ball-hop
02/06/2011, 9:07 PM
Final Score - Hall 2 (Derek O'Donovan, Mark Reardon) Passage 1