PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

scaffa7
24/02/2011, 5:42 PM
just my opinion guys ye dont have to agree
i no plenty of fella's playin AUL that go out drinkin the night before games and that are not to bothered
they just want a game of ball and thats that
at the same time i imagine there are a lot of dedicated fella's playin aswell
i havent just picked this out of the sky,this is from my personal experience
everyones entitled to there opinion and thats mine lads

Just as a matter of interest how many fellas do you know "Bufc" that go drinking the night before matches 6/7 players more?? out of nearly 100 teams that have probably avg 16 to 18 players on there panel thats narrow minded opinion about the AUL teams considering most of the teams in yer leagues started there..... and on another note i ve seen a lot of fellas that have played and still play out of there MIND the night before a match and turn up and play a senior game and thats not my opinion thats a fact

skippy7
24/02/2011, 8:05 PM
i think your backtracking now the cork aul team has beaten the munstersenior league junior team a few times in the last few years,i think the top teams in the aul would hold there own in senior premier league
yes bar the top division in the AUL,i believe thats the attitude of players.
IT was there top division that beat effectively the MSL's second team players
and can you really base your argument on a 1 off game?

The 'View
24/02/2011, 9:45 PM
BUFC who is your club anyway? I've played with both the AUL Oscar Traynor and the Michael Ward team, the Senior equivalent. I have to be honest the only reason I played with the Michael Ward team was lots of the superstars of the MSL couldn't be bothered playing. Now BUFC I know that the AUL players would give their left arm to play on the Oscar Traynor, proud to represent the AUL. But a few years back we went to Donegal with the MSL and were lucky to field a team, a complete disgrace, even the hosts, the Ulster Senior league mentioned in their speech afterwards that they were dissapointed with the lack of MSL players.
We had 2 games one Sat & Sun. We had 2 sets of gear. We played Sat but when we opened the gear for Sun it was stinking. Not washed since the year before, can you believe that. No warm up tops or anything.
I played Michael Ward only a few years back but played Oscar Traynor years ago, the AUL way back then were much better set up than the MSL a few years ago.
What do you think of that BUFC? This from a club who have the view point from both leagues and the only club in history to have premier teams in both the AUL and MSL at the same time.

Shilts
25/02/2011, 11:19 AM
He's from Blarney United.
Blarney indeed - he's full of it :)

Ye lot are in from the AUL a wet week and are now looking down yer noses at us
Makes me laugh

Not a lot of medals out Blarney way recently.
Maybe ye'd be better off having that sip pre game.
:)

On a slightly similar note Steve McManamin wrote in his book that the great Zinedine Zidane used to have a glass of white wine with his pre-match meals.
But he probably wasn't in Cubins all night before a sunday morning kickoff haha

Radiostar
25/02/2011, 3:06 PM
BUFC you make yourself look like a clown with a comment like that. Wasn't really an informed opinion. You should read your own posts before you put them up maybe you will see how stupid that comment was.

Bufc2010
25/02/2011, 4:19 PM
i have single handedly created more posts in this thread the last week than there has been all year
i retract my comments so people
relax

villaman10
25/02/2011, 5:06 PM
i have single handedly created more posts in this thread the last week than there has been all year
i retract my comments so people
relax

ha ha!! what are your'e political views!!!
good to see a bit of life in this thread again!!

Bufc2010
25/02/2011, 5:13 PM
ha ha!! what are your'e political views!!!
good to see a bit of life in this thread again!!
mick barry for taoiseach haha
amazing what a controversial comment can start
it is good to see this thread hopping though

The 'View
25/02/2011, 8:32 PM
BUFC you definetily got this thread buzzing kid. Ruffled a few feathers in the AUL.:) Surprised by your comment seeing as Blarney are steeped in AUL history, ye've only gone MSL a few years.:confused:

johhny g
25/02/2011, 10:40 PM
at last the thread has a bit of life to it
good man bufc:cool:

Bufc2010
26/02/2011, 6:00 AM
BUFC you definetily got this thread buzzing kid. Ruffled a few feathers in the AUL.:) Surprised by your comment seeing as Blarney are steeped in AUL history, ye've only gone MSL a few years.:confused:

i dont represent d club man,
i jus hav my own opinion
happy that feathers have been ruffeld though

Glenbuck
26/02/2011, 1:32 PM
and since this is a junior thread should it not be in the junior section??????? or would that be beneath ye!miaow !!!!

Glenbuck
26/02/2011, 1:36 PM
BUFC you've upset a lot of people now HaHa. A bit small minded to tar everyone with the one brush. I've played 9 years Senior and 7 years AUL with Castleview so I've a good feel for both. The set up of teams vary from club to club but also season to season. When teams are doing well they usually have a better set up. I agree some AUL teams may not be set up very well but I could name a few junior & Senior MSL teams who can hardly field teams.
I have been dealing with both League Committees for many years now and if the MSL would only take the 'AUL attitude' it'd run much better. AUL Committee are a much more professional outfit.
Case in point take Central Rovers, some of you probably mightn't have heard of them, old AUL team. They had a good team in the 80's. With their good old 'AUL attitude' they produced one of the most successful MSL managers ever, Billy Cronin. One of the league of Irelands most gifted players, Patsy Freyne. And one of the top referees in the country, Aidan O Reagan. All this with the good old 'AUL attitude'.
I've come accross this attitude alot over the years and I just laugh at it now. Doesn't bother me but you've upset a few on the AUL thread.
Add Bertie Cullinane, Jamsey Corcoran and Decky (Rockmount) and you have people who have given a lifetime to both lges.

The 'View
26/02/2011, 10:52 PM
Add Bertie Cullinane, Jamsey Corcoran and Decky (Rockmount) and you have people who have given a lifetime to both lges.

Ya you're right glenbuck just couldn't name everyone. As you say we've loads and the others you've named. Decky Courtney you're on about. We thought ye're manager well, Billy was a Castleview player in the 80's haha:).

mayfieldman
27/02/2011, 5:18 PM
beat midelton 2-1 away this morning.only had 11 fit players and 1 injured on bench cos had a number away and a few injured. a few of the lads who started weren't 100% fit.started well but ended up going 1 down for poor tackle that lead to a penalty which they scored. went in 1-1 after killian scored a rocket. second half was even enough but killian popped up with a goal in last 2 mins to seal win.great win

Billynomates
27/02/2011, 5:40 PM
Munster Junior Cup 5th round results.

College Corinthians (Cork) 2, Clonmel Town 1.
St. Michaels (Tipperary) 2, Douglas Hall (Cork) 0.

What a great win for Corinthians. Carrick in the next round who beat kinsale

Sparky
27/02/2011, 6:02 PM
i think your backtracking now the cork aul team has beaten the munstersenior league junior team a few times in the last few years,i think the top teams in the aul would hold there own in senior premier league

I played AUL for 3 years and ten years MSL. I respect the AUL but no way would the top teams in the AUL hold their own in the Senior Premier League. Relegation for sure but would not necessarily get hammered but they would be beaten alot. The AUL Premier is equivilant to mid-top of MSL 1st division.

BalagueFC
28/02/2011, 3:18 PM
Munster Junior Cup 5th round results.

College Corinthians (Cork) 2, Clonmel Town 1.
St. Michaels (Tipperary) 2, Douglas Hall (Cork) 0.

What a great win for Corinthians. Carrick in the next round who beat kinsale

I must admit the only team of would of given a slight chance of getting a result in those two games would have been Douglas Hall. Great result for Corinthians and the MSL.

footiefanatic
01/03/2011, 3:29 PM
Couldnt believe they Corinthians result when i saw it, massive shock. Bookies had clonmel town at a very short price for that match apparently. Brilliant result for Corinthians who have a home tie vs Carrick, which i wouldnt be surprised if they caused them a problem or two as well!

BalagueFC
01/03/2011, 5:36 PM
I think that is called giant killing. I played junior in Limerick a good few years back and I assume the same complacency still exists for these big teams when coming down to cork in cup competitions.

greengrass
04/03/2011, 9:35 AM
big top of the table clash between douglas and mayfield tonight.
can only see it going halls way but best of luck to mayfield.
it will make the junior division a bit more interesting at the top if ye claim the 3 points

mayfieldman
05/03/2011, 12:18 PM
lost 5-2 against hall and it should have been worse. was 1-1 at half time and they came out in second half and just destroyed us.some very good goals and our heads dropped.we were missing a few but they were missing more but they have by far the biggest & best squad in league.u wont have known they were missing anyone.we had to play a center forward left back (saying that he played well) but too often this season we have had to change defence- don't think we had same back 4 in 2 games all season. inexperience also showed- gave ball away too easily rather than hold onto it.they played great ball in 2nd half and we were shattered.they should have got a peno too and our keeper should have been sent off but think it was 5-1 at that stage so ref didn't award it.they also hit post twice.cant see anyone stoppin them

Silly Billy G
11/03/2011, 1:49 PM
See Echo, 200k missing from AUL coffers, BUFC was it you ?

http://www.eveningecho.ie/

screenshot on todays paper on the right with heading, 208k was it

greengrass
19/03/2011, 4:29 PM
good win for cobh today
picking points up at the right time
6 points seperating 6th from bottom
anyone can still go down

flyr
20/03/2011, 1:32 PM
cobh were down to 10 men about 5 mins into second half and still looked very dangerous they should have put game out of sight.we have really stept up our game.glasheens goal was there only effort in 90 mins the cobh defence was solid all game.

villaman10
20/03/2011, 3:15 PM
greengrass;good win for cobh today
anyone can still go down

are ye playing senior players now to keep your'e junior team up? shame to see cobh struggling like this hope ye dont go the same way as youghal, should be enough players in cobh to have a very strong junior team, have ye lost alot of players to springfield is that why there sunddenly come to prominence??

flyr
20/03/2011, 4:23 PM
not playing any seniors as we have a big squad who train every week would not be fare to play seniors ahead of them and we have enough quality in our squad to stay up we think . full senior squad from last season went to springfield.

villaman10
20/03/2011, 5:30 PM
fair play flyr, hope ye manage to stay up, would i be right to presume ye got some of springfields old players?? can i ask why every1 swapped clubs??

footiefanatic
29/03/2011, 1:56 PM
good win for cobh today
anyone can still go down

Defeat vs Carrigaline last week has all but sealed cobhs fate. Well beaten by all accounts, with what i hear was basically their senior team! Reckon it will be one of Glasheen/Blarney to join them in the 1st division next year. Douglas to win league this year handly enough, look a fantastic team

AvondaleNutter
29/03/2011, 10:00 PM
well they're only allowed name 2 seniors in their 16. Carrigaline are a good side, just don't seem to be gettin the results. i expected them to be challenging this year

greengrass
30/03/2011, 4:10 PM
Defeat vs Carrigaline last week has all but sealed cobhs fate. Well beaten by all accounts, with what i hear was basically their senior team! Reckon it will be one of Glasheen/Blarney to join them in the 1st division next year. Douglas to win league this year handly enough, look a fantastic team

was at that game and cobh wouldnt have created a chance ina month of sundays
carrig were not much better but capatalised on 2 set pieces with the cobh keeper flappin at the ball both times
there are still plenty games left in this division and a couple of wins/defeats will see the relegation battle change around again
cobh do look doomed but they play glasheen this weekend and with blarney in cup action it could see it all change around at the bottom

greengrass
30/03/2011, 4:13 PM

and i agree,douglas are by far the outstanding team this year in the division

flyr
30/03/2011, 9:29 PM
footiefanatic you dont have a clue what you are on about cobh were will on top untill that first goal they should have been 2 up at that stage blatent penalty not given and a well worked goal ruled to be off side.greengrass if you really were at the game you should agree with that carrigs only chances were those set pieces.And by the different players carrig had from the last time they played cobh id say it was them who had seniors.more than 2.

FairBall
31/03/2011, 12:14 AM
footiefanatic you dont have a clue what you are on about cobh were will on top untill that first goal they should have been 2 up at that stage blatent penalty not given and a well worked goal ruled to be off side.greengrass if you really were at the game you should agree with that carrigs only chances were those set pieces.And by the different players carrig had from the last time they played cobh id say it was them who had seniors.more than 2.

First of all I agree with greegrass' comments. Flyr, I was at that match also and I dont agree ye could ever have won that game (Im presuming by your bias comment that your involved at Cobh because theres no way someone looking from a neutral point of view would have thought that). I dont like to critcize individual players at this level because its unnecessary so I wont pin point anyone in particular, but there was one or two players on the Cobh team that were more a hinderence to ye than anything else. I didnt see Cobh earlyer in the year so I dont no about them fielding a different team to what they had at the begining of the year, however, I did see Carrigaline and they did have a number of changes since I saw them last (thats not to say they were senior players, maybe just signings since January). Carriagaline didnt create much at all and only had one other real chance to score outside of their goals. They would string together some good passes but would always just lump it forward after, which was dissapointing. footiefanatic, I think theres more teams in the relegation battle than just Glasheen and Blarney. UCC, Carrigaline and Midleton are all potential candidates to go down as well.

GK25
31/03/2011, 12:23 AM
First of all I agree with greegrass' comments. Flyr, I was at that match also and I dont agree ye could ever have won that game (Im presuming by your bias comment that your involved at Cobh because theres no way someone looking from a neutral point of view would have thought that). I dont like to critcize individual players at this level because its unnecessary so I wont pin point anyone in particular, but there was one or two players on the Cobh team that were more a hinderence to ye than anything else. I didnt see Cobh earlyer in the year so I dont no about them fielding a different team to what they had at the begining of the year, however, I did see Carrigaline and they did have a number of changes since I saw them last (thats not to say they were senior players, maybe just signings since January). Carriagaline didnt create much at all and only had one other real chance to score outside of their goals. They would string together some good passes but would always just lump it forward after, which was dissapointing. footiefanatic, I think theres more teams in the relegation battle than just Glasheen and Blarney. UCC, Carrigaline and Midleton are all potential candidates to go down as well.

I have to hand it to you FairBall thats a well constructed argument. I was talking to someone who was at the game as well and he basically said what you just said there.

greengrass
31/03/2011, 7:00 AM

thats very true fairball,
clearly flyer is a cobh man which is what his argument is from,
but i am speaking from an unbiased view also
cobh have a bigchance to put pressure on teams with a win at the weekend
the relegation battle looks more exciting than the push for the league
should be interesting to c where teams are at when the games are cought up

flyr
31/03/2011, 5:16 PM
fair play fairball maybe my thoughts are bias as a EX cobh man .But i do agree wit cobh carrying one our two players at the most.cobh lost two of there big names from last year argubly there best players from last season and have not replaced them at all.But i do think when they click they can be dangerous.i was at the cobh v douglas game and even though douglas had most of the ball cobh still looked very dangerous going foward.i dont think they are relegated just yet there is still a long way to go

flyr
03/04/2011, 4:00 PM
Cobh drew 1-1 with glasheen should have taken all 3 points.same ref they had against carrigaline and as it was all his decisions went against cobh even another blatent penalty at the end he waved play on.just not good enough

greengrass
04/04/2011, 6:01 PM
big game sunday morning with mayfield and douglas
a must win for mayfield to hav any real hopes
and douglas can effectively seal the deal with a win for them.

Flyr what do you make of cobhs chances of staying up now?
they seem to be runnin out of games and will realistically need to win all 4of there remaining games
do you know there run in?
could be one of any 6 teams that joins them
glasheen,blarney,midleton,carragaline,ucc and everton (5 points seperate all clubs)
the games are coming thick and fast now
should be interesting

footiefanatic
05/04/2011, 9:35 AM
Looks beyond cobh now....very tight alright. A massive relegation 6 pointer between Blarney and Cobh. blarney will be desperate to pick up the 3 points, think they have enough in their locker, especially after a great win vs corinthians in the junior cup. The games are coming thick and fast now, 2 big games for the Hall away to Mayfield and Midleton. Hopefully mayfield can take points off of Douglas to set up an exciting finish to the season, although Douglas look too strong at the moment.

flyr
06/04/2011, 1:16 PM
Cobhs run in is blarney,corinthians,midleton.everton.I really do think they are all games cobh can take full points from starting with blarney at home on sunday morning.I heard a rumer that glasheen might not be finishing out the season they have no interest

greengrass
06/04/2011, 4:18 PM
considering cobh have only won 2 all season i cant see them picking up up the 4 wins needed but best of luck to them
blarney wont be an easy proposition,i met one of there camp the other day,they had a fantastic win away to corinthians last weekend and with only 1 league game played in 2 months there gunning for the 3 points.it should b a good match.
On glasheen ,was that from a reliable source you heard that rumour flyr as it sounds crazy if its true
how a team who came up last season could turn around after 14 games and throw in the towel would be a mad move on glasheens part

mayfieldman
09/04/2011, 4:34 PM
lost 2-1 at home to hall.we missed a penalty at the end but they prob should have put game beyond us.0-0 at half time but we tired in 2nd half due to having game on thurs. they freshened things up whereas we didn't have any real attacking options on the bench so mad no changes. missed killian burns today- out for rest of season- broke bone in his arm-hugh loss.both of their goals were scrappy and keeper should have saved second one. we got goal from a free kick- someone one didnt pick up casey in box and ball fell to him and he headed in.we then got a penalty which i thought was very harsh but their keeper made a great save. they hit post twice at 2-1 - one of them was a terrible miss. we could have sneaked a draw but think it would have been harsh on them cos they just shaded it.hopefully we'll hand and get second place

ringmahon4ever
10/04/2011, 11:48 AM
beat midleton 3-0 this morn.very comfortable

flyr
10/04/2011, 12:34 PM
cobh beat blarney 1-0 this morning all to play for now.

johhny g
10/04/2011, 4:01 PM
[QUOTE=flyr;1475416]cobh beat blarney 1-0 this morning all to play for now.[/QUO

got down late to the game so only caught last 10 of the first half but appartently didnt miss much.second half cobh seemed to take control and pushed for the opener which they got after blarney fell asleep from a short corner.must say it was probably deserved but blarney did miss 2 sitters towards the end including one from 4yards out centre of the goal and no keeper in sight cobh finally getting a bit of luck

greengrass
10/04/2011, 6:58 PM
cobh were good value for the win
blarney never threatened in the final third
makes the league very interesting now

flyr
11/04/2011, 10:07 AM
the keeper was only a stand in he is our centre back so he did ok and got that bit of luck.This win sets us up nicely for the run in..........1 down 3 to go???????

flyr
11/04/2011, 10:53 AM
Looks beyond cobh now....very tight alright. A massive relegation 6 pointer between Blarney and Cobh. blarney will be desperate to pick up the 3 points, think they have enough in their locker, especially after a great win vs corinthians in the junior cup. The games are coming thick and fast now, 2 big games for the Hall away to Mayfield and Midleton. Hopefully mayfield can take points off of Douglas to set up an exciting finish to the season, although Douglas look too strong at the moment.

cobh beat blarney 1-0 and a well deserved win at that.blarney only had one game plan all day get the ball to the number 12 deno i think his name was not sure why they kept doing that as in my opinion he was a very poor attacking option.cobh did get a bit of luck when blarney missed a 4 yard centre of goal sitter that was there only real chance.cobh should have had to penaltys but the ref was whistle shy again.

greengrass
11/04/2011, 4:40 PM
cobh beat blarney 1-0 and a well deserved win at that.blarney only had one game plan all day get the ball to the number 12 deno i think his name was not sure why they kept doing that as in my opinion he was a very poor attacking option.cobh did get a bit of luck when blarney missed a 4 yard centre of goal sitter that was there only real chance.cobh should have had to penaltys but the ref was whistle shy again.

the no 12 is recently back from 4 months out so i would imagine he would be a bit rusty
he scored a hatrick against ye in the reverse fixture last year if my memory serves me correctly,
that was a serious miss by blarney at the end,
wouldnt like to be that guy after the match.
this sets it up nicely now,,yerselves glasheen and blarney all level on points and ucc and midleton are still in and around the relegation battle,
glasheen play ucc,midleton and rockmount away in the next week so they will need to pick up some points here,2 6 pointers there,it will be vital to get something from those 2/
blarney have corinthians at home friday night having beat them away 2 weeks ago in the cup,its points they need though,
i think it will come down to home form for all teams concerned,
cobh have just made this very exciting indeed.
it would certainly be a great escape flyr,,good luck to all teams concerned,,
the table wont lie at the end of the season