PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

littleman
05/03/2014, 10:26 PM
No INS in fairness all they can do is beat what's in front of them . They beat Rockmount away tonite. , it was 6 nil with 15 gone in the 2 nd half when I left , only the 2nd game this season I managed ta catch .

All anyone can do is fulfill a fixture.

As iv said I think we are where we deserve to be an we have been here for the majority of the season . So I don't see why me an mine should loose any sleep because other sides are doing well . It is a league after all an there's always more than one contender . We are in a good place in the league an still in the junior an super cups , can't complain really can we .

Im_not_stirring
05/03/2014, 10:37 PM
true true, both ends looking like a battle now. anyone on there they culd take points from anyone. hall sneaking back into it also.

littleman
06/03/2014, 9:36 PM
UCC A 1 Ringmahon A 0 down the Dyke tonite .

Im_not_stirring
06/03/2014, 10:10 PM
I say that put a smile on your face little man with them playing cors as well this week. You might not want to say much but that def has to make you happy. I'd image you'd like to see them beat cors now. You going to try play mourinho games or just say nothing and let others stir for you lol. Not saying I would do something like that now .......

littleman
07/03/2014, 1:11 AM
Well when the 2 favourites meet there's usually sparks flying .

All the expectation an pressure is on those 2 sides . In a way I prefer being in our position because we arnt expected to do well . Guess we will just have to see where the dust settles on Sunday .

Im_not_stirring
07/03/2014, 9:05 AM
Ok I'll take my spoon back now.
Big few weeks at the top tosee were the title is going I think myself. If cors come away with 4 points in next 2 league games they will not be stopped I think & even if they lose both ( which I don't see happening ) there still in a very strong position. It really is there's to throw away after the start they have made.
Very poor result for ring last night and they will need to bounce back against cors and get something anything would do up there. It's nice for ye little man to have the quarter and enjoy looking on at least this week.

littleman
07/03/2014, 4:39 PM
Beamish Cup Quater Final

Wilton V Mayfield Saturday ,Lee Road at 2:30

Now switched to Mayfield Uniteds all weather kick off at 2:30 .

We'l be the ones playing in sunglasses an covered in sun cream cause we ain't used ta playin in sunlight :)

fifa
08/03/2014, 10:44 AM
Or on grass!!!:D

littleman
08/03/2014, 11:55 AM
Good man FIFA :)

FIFA on behalf of Mayfield United iv be authorised to offer you our VIP match day package only offered to the highest of high .

Free parking in our multi level car park .

Complementary match day tickets for you an 200 guests.

Panoramic views of the pitch from our VIP suite .

Pre match , half time an post game teas or coffee with a choice of M&S finger food .

fifa
08/03/2014, 12:44 PM
Ha I'll pass thanks anyway

littleman
08/03/2014, 4:26 PM
League cup quater final result

Mayfield 7 Wilton 0

fifa
08/03/2014, 7:33 PM
Who do ye have in semi final?

littleman
08/03/2014, 8:16 PM
Away to Ringmahon in the semi

littleman
08/03/2014, 9:16 PM
Best of luck to both sides in the morning .

Personally it dosent bother me who wins , either is possible of walking away with the league .

Lot at stake for both sides an the weight of expectation must be weighing heavy on there shoulders.

Cors have to win to justify the hype an Ringmahon need to prove that the UCC result was just a blip .

Something has to give !

littleman
09/03/2014, 11:34 AM
1/1 draw,,,,,, any one catch it

pirlo
09/03/2014, 11:44 AM
1/1 draw,,,,,, any one catch it
League wide open..massive opportunity for mayfield.

Any update from mount and Midleton?

tweety
09/03/2014, 12:07 PM

Good result for the league,rockmount game was called off yesterday,pitch damaged supposedly.

Im_not_stirring
09/03/2014, 12:50 PM
I'm just glad to see games playing again. I'll stir later haha

Mighty almighty
09/03/2014, 1:03 PM

I'm sure the Rockmount game was off,don't see a result on website.

Im_not_stirring
09/03/2014, 1:34 PM
Littleman give me my spoon back. I'm going to start addressing you as mourinho in future for the mind games. Alot of people are staying ye now for the league but it's def a 3 horse race. I think there is a lot of football still to be played. Looking forward to getting a few games in over the next few weeks. Good to see cors drop a few points and give the rest of ye hope. I don't think midelton or hall will be ruling out a comeback just yet. Cors victory over hall might have made it a bridge to far but there def after settling down after there mad few weeks & back doing what there good at. Playing ball.

littleman
09/03/2014, 4:35 PM
INS you can never tell how pressure will effect teams . We have nothing to lose next week because we arnt one of the favourites . I still think it's between Ringmahon an Cors for the league . There the ones with games in hand an the expectation

pirlo
09/03/2014, 4:44 PM
INS you can never tell how pressure will effect teams . We have nothing to lose next week because we arnt one of the favourites . I still think it's between Ringmahon an Cors for the league . There the ones with games in hand an the expectation

You really do think your mourinho because you sound jst like him. Mayfield are favourites. No one believes your rubbish.

Im_not_stirring
09/03/2014, 5:03 PM
its an old and true saying points on the board, ringmahon have to 2 games just to go 2 ahead of ye and wins aren't that easy to come by in this league.ye are def in better psoition at the moment between you 2 but i do think cors have a massive advantage. my only fear for cors is they could have 2 games a week for a few and might pick up a few injuries but at least its opening up. midelton hanging round to they seem to go along nice and quiet.
both top and bottom taking shape but i wouldnt rule out a few of the mid table teams having a big say on this title yet. everton need to be careful not to get dragged into it also but they have a few games to spare.

littleman
09/03/2014, 9:32 PM
Pirlo touch of Mr Wegner in your responce .

"Right now it's for them to lose . We can only make sure we stay close if they slip up"

" they win their games in hand an their remaining league games they win the league , we cannot do that , it's they who are the favourites "

2 bits bit of mourinhoism for you to sleep on :) :)

littleman
09/03/2014, 10:37 PM
Pirlo leave the space after the last letter an before the exclamation mark .

Gets your point across with more conviction .

Rubbish!!!!! makes it look a bit knee jerk or bunny boiler

Christ iv gone from Mourinho
to Shakespare in 2 posts .

Us Northside rebels will continue on as we have . One game at a time .

Sparks
10/03/2014, 7:07 AM
We have nothing to lose next week because we arnt one of the favourites . I still think it's between Ringmahon an Cors for the league . There the ones with games in hand an the expectation

Yer top of the league with a squad made up of a LOI standard player and senior quailty players and yer not favorites? Come off it. Brendan yer senior manager would take half your squad up senior full time no probs instead most weeks he has too rely on the 19s bar yesterday! Yer a senior club all your lads should play at the highest level they can. This is a problem out in Cor's at the moment the first junior team losing its best players too the seniors as they are struggling for body's.

Im_not_stirring
10/03/2014, 8:10 AM
I agree with you sparks but don't see cors losing there best players to the seniors as a problem but probably a sign of a successful club promoting from within. Yes it may effect there junior teams ambition but I think cors would accept that as a price to pay to stay premier. There a club that have always being challenging senior bar maybe last few years. If other good local teams could except this concept senior football in cork would be a lot stronger instead of people dividing clubs. This is not aimed at anyone but a comment at most clubs in cork that have for some reason ( maybe work or other geninue reason ) there better players playing junior. It seems to happen everywhere bar mount, dale, cors and castle view. No coincidence these are the successful senior teams.

tweety
10/03/2014, 9:12 AM
I agree with you sparks but don't see cors losing there best players to the seniors as a problem but probably a sign of a successful club promoting from within. Yes it may effect there junior teams ambition but I think cors would accept that as a price to pay to stay premier. There a club that have always being challenging senior bar maybe last few years. If other good local teams could except this concept senior football in cork would be a lot stronger instead of people dividing clubs. This is not aimed at anyone but a comment at most clubs in cork that have for some reason ( maybe work or other geninue reason ) there better players playing junior. It seems to happen everywhere bar mount, dale, cors and castle view. No coincidence these are the successful senior teams.

Allways a big debate,reason Avondale don't have this problem is because there senior team is like a seperate club in a club,no schoolboys come through the ranks never mind juniors playing senior,they assemble the best 20 players in cork every year to play senior and have great success,are the club happy with this,I believe they are with the success they had in last 6-8 years,but what is the ambition of any club to do,win something with as many players possible locally and bring through a player you've coached for 10/12 years and watch him flourish at adult level,surely that's the biggest achievement any club can do,Billy Cronin also had the same system in his glory days at rockmount,never promoted any junior never mind schoolboy.always looked outside,again club happy with this.yes mayfield is a stand out situation really this year I thought myself and i actually heard the same thing about Corinthians last week,didn't St.marys and Douglas have a bit of this going on over the years,shame really if the players are good enough,watched Avondale v Midleton game Friday night and was refreshing to hear at half time Midleton u-17/19's and junior players in squad every week supporting the senior team since a lot of players abandoned them when going got tough,remember up in the north side a few years back castleview did have the junior/senior divide aswell,so really only rockmount and Avondale out of this bracket because only one team matters.could argue this all year but always different situations at different clubs which lead to divide's,revolts some due to players,some due to managers/dictators,maybe some due to committee's........so on so on

Sparks
10/03/2014, 4:11 PM
I agree with you sparks but don't see cors losing there best players to the seniors as a problem but probably a sign of a successful club promoting from within..

Either way "Flick" now plays senior and more too follow.

pirlo
10/03/2014, 6:15 PM
Pirlo leave the space after the last letter an before the exclamation mark .

Gets your point across with more conviction .

Rubbish!!!!! makes it look a bit knee jerk or bunny boiler

Christ iv gone from Mourinho
to Shakespare in 2 posts .

Us Northside rebels will continue on as we have . One game at a time .

Ye are not northsiders, 'yer country folk'.

pirlo
10/03/2014, 6:19 PM
A very fair point, I could not have said it better myself.

Mayfield red hot favourites. Sorry Littleman, but this is fact. Good luck Sunday.

pirlo
10/03/2014, 6:31 PM
My Previous post was in relation to this Comment left by sparks.

Im_not_stirring
10/03/2014, 7:59 PM
I totally agree with you & what your saying tweet. I was making a point. I think clubs should be trying like castle view done all those years ago and done the double in two years promotion 1st division and win premier the following. But as per all the points you made it don't happen. Saying that I don't blame players for going to good sides either in the pursuit of trophies and national trophies. Good players should be playing in good teams.

littleman
10/03/2014, 10:24 PM
Pirlo thanks an I mean that .

Your right sometimes Mayfield is a million miles away from the proper Northside but it's home an I wouldn't change it . Probably why doing well this season will mean so much .

Never forget where you came from but never ever forget where ya are .

Back to the football boys , anyone see the game yesterday

Fan-tastic
11/03/2014, 11:38 PM
Tweety just on a point of clarification with regards billy Cronin and Rockmount the first year they won the intermediate cup they had Mickey Deasy Paul o Brien Robert Brosnan Deccy foley Alan Falvey all Rockmount schoolboys to name but a few. I think out of the panel there was at least another 4 that played schoolboys or junior with the club before they won it. Admittedly once success came it was easier to attract good players from other teams and the promoting your own lost out. But depending on your view point they did it the right/hard way first.

littleman
13/03/2014, 9:36 PM
Well , any thoughts on Sunday lads . Are we traveling with a chance or is it a formality .

Sparks
13/03/2014, 10:05 PM
Well , any thoughts on Sunday lads . Are we traveling with a chance or is it a formality .
Travelling as favorites IMO

Bodie
14/03/2014, 7:00 AM
Corinthians Will win easy IMO have seen both teams this year. Littleman ye are very much a one man team from the 3 or 4 games I have watched ye play. can see Corinthians winning this league with 5/6 games to spare. Not saying they are greatest team in years or anything but definitely the weakest Junior league in many many years. Corinthians look fitter than most. Watched them in their local derby against the hall few weeks back although hall should have been 2 or 3 up they ground out a 3 0 win themselves. Sign of a decent team.
Corinthians 4-1.

tweety
14/03/2014, 9:07 AM
Corinthians Will win easy IMO have seen both teams this year. Littleman ye are very much a one man team from the 3 or 4 games I have watched ye play. can see Corinthians winning this league with 5/6 games to spare. Not saying they are greatest team in years or anything but definitely the weakest Junior league in many many years. Corinthians look fitter than most. Watched them in their local derby against the hall few weeks back although hall should have been 2 or 3 up they ground out a 3 0 win themselves. Sign of a decent team.
Corinthians 4-1.

Dunno is it gonna be as one sided as you think bodie,Jamie Murphy is the difference in a lot of games for mayfield,but Corinthians are affected by a number of there juniors notching up 5 senior games played,so it will be interesting to see what line up they will have,if Corinthians are weak mayfield might snatch it,but mayfield do concede a lot of goals aswell so could be a high scoring game that's if Jamie Murphy plays :-)

littleman
15/03/2014, 10:53 AM
Here Bodie ,ur havin a laugh . Who the hell on a cold an wet Saturday evening at 6pm watches a junior game . Fellas don't even walk there dog up in mayfield at that time ......... But now you mention it we were wondering who the fella hiding in the bushes was . Least that's cleared that up I suppose haha .

fifa
15/03/2014, 4:49 PM
Ringmahon 1-3 everton

pirlo
15/03/2014, 8:23 PM
Ringmahon 1-3 everton

What's going on down in Mahon? There title hopes are slowly disappearing.
Cors win tomorrow and title could end up in donnybrook sooner than we think.

collcorforever
16/03/2014, 1:01 PM
Corinthians 1 Mayfield 0

good win for Corinthians this morning, mayfield did ok without really threatening Corinthians. Well contested game from 2 committed teams. Don't agree with mayfield being a one man team they had some very good players playing this morning.

tweety
16/03/2014, 1:34 PM
Corinthians 1 Mayfield 0

good win for Corinthians this morning, mayfield did ok without really threatening Corinthians. Well contested game from 2 committed teams. Don't agree with mayfield being a one man team they had some very good players playing this morning.

Don't think anyone is disputing they haven't got good players,but they are a bit reliant on him to get them on the score board,hasn't scored today and they've been beaten,how did other game go this morning?

Sparks
16/03/2014, 4:23 PM
Corinthians 1 Mayfield 0

Any report littleman?

littleman
16/03/2014, 6:38 PM
Sparks not sure what I could say that would not make it seem as an excuse .

Neither side in my opinion did enough to win. A cagey affair decided by a superb wonder strike .

We hit the upright an had in my opinion the better chances . Cors had a header they should of scored from an a volley they did score from. I thought we should of gone in 2 up at half time but we didn't . As the 2 nd half went on I felt the longer it went without us scoring the more chance of them scoring an that's what happened.

On a side note personally the ref destroyed a good game . Very poor display .

pirlo
16/03/2014, 7:24 PM
Sparks not sure what I could say that would not make it seem as an excuse .

Neither side in my opinion did enough to win. A cagey affair decided by a superb wonder strike .

We hit the upright an had in my opinion the better chances . Cors had a header they should of scored from an a volley they did score from. I thought we should of gone in 2 up at half time but we didn't . As the 2 nd half went on I felt the longer it went without us scoring the more chance of them scoring an that's what happened.

On a side note personally the ref destroyed a good game . Very poor display .

There is a lot of ball to be played yet Littleman. I could not see cors going through the rest of the season without being beaten. I have seen them twice in the past 2 wks and I wasn't very impressed. How did the other games go?

littleman
16/03/2014, 7:45 PM
Pirlo I'd agree with ya that it's too early to pin a tag on the winners. We lost today but with both sides havin 10 plus games left it's ridiculous to think it's done .

My own opinion is that the league may have contenders but on any given day any result is possible . I do think today we lost a game but in the whole scheme of things we are still in a stronger position .

Every side will want to be the ones to beat Cors, not just us . That's a massive bonus. The senior thing won't help . So we so have a chance , bit to go yet

pirlo
16/03/2014, 7:51 PM
Pirlo I'd agree with ya that it's too early to pin a tag on the winners. We lost today but with both sides havin 10 plus games left it's ridiculous to think it's done .

My own opinion is that the league may have contenders but on any given day any result is possible . I do think today we lost a game but in the whole scheme of things we are still in a stronger position .

Every side will want to be the ones to beat Cors, not just us . That's a massive bonus. The senior thing won't help . So we so have a chance , bit to go yet
Are r'mahon out of it now? Douglas are starting to string a few results together, could they be in with a shout?

littleman
16/03/2014, 8:32 PM
Pirlo let's be honest here now .

Ringmahon lost one game that's all . We just as easy could of beat Cors today an they still would be in a great position .

How at this stage of the season they have managed to play the hall twice is up for debate . I'd like to think the 2 trips to the Mahon will be difficult . They have so many games to play it's ridiculous .

Sure in this league any game can be awkard .

Ringmahon lost at home , I kno no more than that.