PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Im_not_stirring
22/11/2013, 5:18 PM
Munster junior league super 6 type game. lets see who knows there teams. Predict the scores.

Ucc A V midelton
Mallow V Everton
Ringmahon A V Ringmahon B
Carrigaline V Douglas Hall

I'm only asking about junior prem but add junior league teams to it if people up for it. If enough interest we can have little league.

littleman
22/11/2013, 9:33 PM
Fai 4th round

Mayfield 6 Leeview (Aul) 0

Sparks
23/11/2013, 12:23 AM
Fai 4th round

Mayfield 6 Leeview (Aul) 0

A side that have bate Coachford (A) the AUL Premier Champs ,ye smash 6-0???

Surley ye are MSL Premier Champs in the making! After the fiasco with Sully and Douglas Hall in the cup and them haven players packing up over it. I'm sure yer in better shape then them! And unlike douglas and ring mahon ye have only one junior side too pick from so ye must be monster favorites!!

Im_not_stirring
23/11/2013, 8:38 AM
1-2 midelton
2-1 mallow
1-1 ring
1-3 hall
4-2 mayfield

littleman
23/11/2013, 12:29 PM
I could tell ya where ya could stick that spoon of yours . Know one cares what you post . Its like reading a post written by YODA .

ringmahon4ever
26/11/2013, 5:37 PM
some big games again this weekend jnr premier , any news on league cup yet does anyone know ? prob around xmas now maybe /

littleman
27/11/2013, 3:14 PM
There's only 2 weekends left till the Xmas break after this weekend Ringmahon an still no sign of Wilton/Everton B playing each other ,,,, so I wouldn't be to confident that anything might happen in the next 2 weeks,,,,,,,,, look on the bright side 2 Ringmahon sides in the semis, how bad.

ringmahon4ever
27/11/2013, 4:34 PM
ya i suppose it gives the club better chance to win something and club behind both teams so both semis should be good , tough games for both our sides this weekend midleton flying and ucc very strong at the moment

Sparks
27/11/2013, 5:57 PM
As littleman said with so short time between now and the Christmas break I can't see any more league cup games. Also there's still fixtures in the Munster Junior Cup too be played this side of Christmas I belive.

littleman
27/11/2013, 8:03 PM
Ur bang on Sparks, the 5 th round of the Fai is the last game before the break up if I'm correct, that would mean MJC games the week before for those still in it, I cant see anything happening until January in the league cup ,,,,,,,, in a way it's not a bad thing the Xmas break, personally buy the time we r back after Xmas we may or may not be out of the Fai an at least we have a quater final to look forward to against the winners of Wilton / Everton B which is a great bonus . The league is way to early to call but it's good both Ringmahon sides are there or there abouts, it's better for the league that they both feel they are in with a shout. I think the league games played up till Xmas could be very important , ground could be made up quickly by a lot of sides if they can string 2 or 3 wins together from this weekend till the Xmas break . The break will see sides sign a few no doubt so after the break could see a lot of sides give it another big push .

Glasheen this weekend, know very little of um an have heard less , any info lads

ringmahon4ever
27/11/2013, 8:37 PM
didnt see them yet this season but they are always a strong outfit , drew with ucc and beat mallow which are good results ! league cup after xmas summat to look forward to, some teams need a good few games pre xmas alrite to catch up on the rest

Im_not_stirring
28/11/2013, 6:27 PM
I could tell ya where ya could stick that spoon of yours . Know one cares what you post . Its like reading a post written by YODA .
Didn't take you for a Star Wars fan little man. Good result again for ye last weekend. Hope ye can keep it up , could be 3 or 4 horse race yet.

Im_not_stirring
28/11/2013, 6:45 PM
Any transfer news lads. Lots of rumours on south side with players dropping down from senior out there.

littleman
28/11/2013, 10:15 PM
Come on so who's goin where,,,,,,,

littleman
29/11/2013, 6:30 AM
Didn't take you for a Star Wars fan little man. Good result again for ye last weekend. Hope ye can keep it up , could be 3 or 4 horse race yet.

least ya have a sense of humor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sparks
29/11/2013, 7:56 PM
Any transfer news lads. Lots of rumours on south side with players dropping down from senior out there.
Dropping down from senior too where?

Sparks
29/11/2013, 9:43 PM
Douglas Hall 1 Everton 3. FT. Murder in The Hall camp. Tommy changed system ,players & formation at the last minute causing the assistant manager too quit before kick off and then after the game The Halls captain and a few others had too be restrained from Tommy with a full blown shouting match taken place and several players proclaiming its "him or me" as they were leaven the dressing room.should be interesting what happens up there this week.

Im_not_stirring
29/11/2013, 11:07 PM
Dropping down from senior too where?
Sssh I promised I wouldn't tell. Everton beat hall & Ringmahon beat midelton. Could be a few surprises soon , me thinks )

Mighty almighty
30/11/2013, 11:10 AM
Watched the Midleton Mahon game last night,only saw about 4 of there games,but I must say it's the best football I have seen midleton play this year,done everything but the all important SCORE,Mahon had 4 chances in the hole game but took 3 of them,Midleton had a few cleared off the line,hit d bar plus had a perfectly good goal not given,Midleton young centre midfielder was excellent,and Mahon veteran up top played well.hard to believe it was 3-0 watching the game,Midleton keeper gave away a shocker when they were well on top,Mahons defence was very good blocked and defended with there lives,good solid attitude from there team.midleton must be wondering how they didn't score!

Bad draws for all of Msl teams in fai cup,all away draws,mayfield looks a bit daunting in Sligo,normally a strong league.

Im_not_stirring
30/11/2013, 12:56 PM
Watched the Midleton Mahon game last night,only saw about 4 of there games,but I must say it's the best football I have seen midleton play this year,done everything but the all important SCORE,Mahon had 4 chances in the hole game but took 3 of them,Midleton had a few cleared off the line,hit d bar plus had a perfectly good goal not given,Midleton young centre midfielder was excellent,and Mahon veteran up top played well.hard to believe it was 3-0 watching the game,Midleton keeper gave away a shocker when they were well on top,Mahons defence was very good blocked and defended with there lives,good solid attitude from there team.midleton must be wondering how they didn't score!

Bad draws for all of Msl teams in fai cup,all away draws,mayfield looks a bit daunting in Sligo,normally a strong league.
You must be joking me if your going to give a match report at least don't be bias. I do like to stir myself but let's be honest. Ringmahon missed a penalty at 1 nil also. They were the better team all the first half bar maybe 5 mins after both there goals. Midelton did have a few good chances that were well blocked but most of there chances came at 3 nil when ring sat back and thought the game was over. ( which it was) fair enough ring didn't come out it 2nd half but they also changed to 442 for some reason. Hit them with good counter attacks & got 1 from it. Maybe a case of sitting back but had at least 2 if not more call backs for offside when clearly on side. ( clean through ). Good counter attacks.
Yes my spoon is truly broken here :)

Mighty almighty
30/11/2013, 5:00 PM
You must be joking me if your going to give a match report at least don't be bias. I do like to stir myself but let's be honest. Ringmahon missed a penalty at 1 nil also. They were the better team all the first half bar maybe 5 mins after both there goals. Midelton did have a few good chances that were well blocked but most of there chances came at 3 nil when ring sat back and thought the game was over. ( which it was) fair enough ring didn't come out it 2nd half but they also changed to 442 for some reason. Hit them with good counter attacks & got 1 from it. Maybe a case of sitting back but had at least 2 if not more call backs for offside when clearly on side. ( clean through ). Good counter attacks.
Yes my spoon is truly broken here :)
Think we may have been at different halves,I was in d stand for first half and think correct me if I'm wrong the only save the the Midleton keeper made was the penalty,,picked ball out if his net other times,went for a cuppa at half time and was talking to d referee,and he said quote" a bit of a smash and grab first half,how corners had Midleton in d first half,hmmmm.we'l agree to disagree,and you can stir again.😃

ringmahon4ever
30/11/2013, 5:14 PM
job done :) midleton be there are there abouts also this season good team

Im_not_stirring
30/11/2013, 5:30 PM
Def would have to agree to dis agree I think as for me only one tem in most of first half. As ring said job done. Big slip up by mayfield today I believe. Thought midelton didn't start playing till it was to late.

Im_not_stirring
30/11/2013, 5:51 PM
Anyone get college carrig score ???

ringmahon4ever
30/11/2013, 5:55 PM
2 nil corinthians

littleman
30/11/2013, 7:37 PM
Beaten 5/1 away to Glasheen today. No excuses, we were terrible, awful. Start to finish. Fair dues to Glasheen.

Mighty almighty
30/11/2013, 7:41 PM
Def would have to agree to dis agree I think as for me only one tem in most of first half. As ring said job done. Big slip up by mayfield today I believe. Thought midelton didn't start playing till it was to late.

yip fairplay they got the result they needed,and took there chances very well,some good players,but at the end of the day its the beauty of the game that everyone has a opinion :p:ball:

ringmahon4ever
30/11/2013, 7:46 PM
no one saw that coming littleman fairplay for being honest, glasheen good record at home beat mallow also and a draw v ucc , long long season yet!!!

littleman
30/11/2013, 8:29 PM
Why bleeding lie,,,,,,, everyone knows with the players we have if we don't make a fist of it then it's a total waste of talent,,,,,,,,, who's kidding who,,,,,,,,,, sxxt happens we lost a game not a league an ya we hurt big time , we move on an expect the northside rebels ta react !

Just my opinion
30/11/2013, 9:01 PM
Ye've been shipping far too many for a while now little man. Scoring plenty but must be a worry. I'm sure ye'll bounce back. Good outfit

Im_not_stirring
01/12/2013, 8:05 AM
yip fairplay they got the result they needed,and took there chances very well,some good players,but at the end of the day its the beauty of the game that everyone has a opinion :p:ball:
Yes thats true. Well said. Also fair play little man for being honest. I think even tho it's a bad result for ye the league this year could be a case of any team beating another on the day.

collcorforever
01/12/2013, 3:19 PM
Corinthians 1 carrigaline 0

good ode even game separated by a great strike from Corinthians forward, game was 50 50 until carrigaline had a man sent off for a rash challenge, last minute the game became a free for all when carrigaline centre back made a go for Corinthians assistant manager Alan, luckily John Ward the manager stepped in to defuse the situation, both men sent off. Poor ending to a good game

littleman
01/12/2013, 9:49 PM
Fair dues to Cors an Ringmahon, tough places to go an a great 3 points apeice .

Cors in fairness will grind out results the way there set up an I'm very impressed with there never say die attitude . You don't have to be the best footballing side to win a league, you have to be the most effective an Cors are that in spades. They never give up an get the ball forward quick an that's a credit to their management . It dosent have to be pretty , just effective. I personally think if anyone wants to win the league it's above them you will have to finish .

Ringmahon were on the Halls shirt tails all last season an I'd expect nothing more than the same this season, we had a right ding dong game 1st game of te season an I'd say they realised that this season may be a bit tougher than last season after the game . I like Ringmahon, good tough solid side, play ball with good experienced players , work very hard for each other too.
I would expect them to be right behind Cors all the way .

We dropped a really poor 3 points on Saturday, 90% of your points are made up outside of the teams ur challangeing with an if u don't take these points then come the end of the season you have knowone to blame . With all due respect to Glasheen it's just not good enough to talk the talk , ya have to walk it as well as Saturday wasn't a good enough for a side who wants to challange, we must learn from this .

I accept the blame becaue all the buzz was about the Fai draw but it's my job a to get the players focused on the task in hand an I didn't ,my inexperience showed . Iv learned another tough lesson . Football can be fickle.

Lesson to all when ur surrounded by experience an your youthful exhuberience denotes( pig headed stubborn head) you ignore it, your an idiot,,,,,,, take the advice,,,,,,,,

pirlo
03/12/2013, 7:29 AM
Beaten 5/1 away to Glasheen today. No excuses, we were terrible, awful. Start to finish. Fair dues to Glasheen.

Pirlo goals win games, not clean sheets.

ringmahon4ever
04/12/2013, 12:16 PM
nearly full fixture list in the prem this weekend great to see this so teams can get games under the belt, good luck to teams traveling in fai cup

Im_not_stirring
04/12/2013, 11:03 PM
Relegation battle heating up an all. Is there a chance the hall could be dragged in with all there fighting. Could be 5 or 6 involved. What's gonna be the safety mark with 3 going?

Glenbuck
05/12/2013, 12:25 PM
Any result from Oscar Traynor game last night

Hot Chilli
05/12/2013, 12:55 PM
Relegation battle heating up an all. Is there a chance the hall could be dragged in with all there fighting. Could be 5 or 6 involved. What's gonna be the safety mark with 3 going?
No chance. The only way hall could get dragged into a battle is if tommy played his Oscar Traynor selection every week

collcorforever
05/12/2013, 3:56 PM
What's everyone's opinion on teams progressing in fai and munster cups? Realistically a junior team in Cork will never win it as they all have a senior team so does it just hinder a teams chance of winning the league?

Im_not_stirring
05/12/2013, 7:57 PM
No chance. The only way hall could get dragged into a battle is if tommy played his Oscar Traynor selection every week
Haha true probably. But big one for them in mallow this weekend so that there not.

Im_not_stirring
05/12/2013, 8:06 PM
What's everyone's opinion on teams progressing in fai and munster cups? Realistically a junior team in Cork will never win it as they all have a senior team so does it just hinder a teams chance of winning the league?
I do tend to agree with you about the cork teams being up against it in these competions but cork football is strong in general and would like / hope to see someone winning it someday. On the other hand I also think it could cost a team the league if it is a close race with injuries & volume of games. I know I'm not directly answering the question but you have to try/ hope a cork team will do it some day.

ringmahon4ever
06/12/2013, 4:48 PM
http://foot.ie/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by collcorforever http://foot.ie/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=1726382#post1726382)

it can be good at stast of season when teams have big squads but going on previous years for our jnr team it can be a bit of a hindrance sometimes as fall behind in the league

Bodie
08/12/2013, 7:45 AM
Heard The hall got back on track yesterday beat mallow 2 -1 but could have been 6 or 7. Still only had 13 players and no goal keeper again but in fairness nothing ever easy in mallow or on their pitch.

I might be from the old school but if its true 3 or 4 left because they had a bad start it says something about players these days. Or is this what happens when you load a team full of guys from outside a club? All about staying up this year for them from what I am hearing. Standard poor this year in the league from what I have seen. But then again I was in Leeds park yesterday and senior standard also dropping over last few years so bound to effect the junior leagues.

ringmahon4ever
08/12/2013, 12:11 PM
Got a walk over this morning against rockmount. They turned up with 6 players.are things that bad up there

Im_not_stirring
08/12/2013, 8:21 PM
Heard The hall got back on track yesterday beat mallow 2 -1 but could have been 6 or 7. Still only had 13 players and no goal keeper again but in fairness nothing ever easy in mallow or on their pitch.

I might be from the old school but if its true 3 or 4 left because they had a bad start it says something about players these days. Or is this what happens when you load a team full of guys from outside a club? All about staying up this year for them from what I am hearing. Standard poor this year in the league from what I have seen. But then again I was in Leeds park yesterday and senior standard also dropping over last few years so bound to effect the junior leagues.

Probably a bit of all your points. They have being trying to get the best players from other teams for a few years ( with success). Also bound to be a drop in standard across the country with the amount of people leaving for work elsewhere. Being to a lot of matches this year and I don't think it's a big drop in standard. A lot of teams both junior & senior I have seen try and do play some good football. Saying that cork kinda dominating the inter med cup now for a long time so where do that leave other counties. We can't be doing to much wrong.

Im_not_stirring
08/12/2013, 8:23 PM
Take the 3 points anyway they come lol. Handy.

littleman
10/12/2013, 3:37 PM
Lost 3/2 away to Sligo on Sunday morning . Football is full of hard luck stories about teams being done by dodgy officials in away games in the Fai . Add ours to the list , disgusted with the call for thier equaliser . We were outstanding in a battle of a game .

Best of luck to Strandhill as well,and thanks for taking good care of us .

ringmahon4ever
12/12/2013, 6:58 PM
few fixtures this weekend again , good chance teams to pick up points while some teams have free weekends , enjoy xmas break lads plenty left in season after the break

littleman
12/12/2013, 8:38 PM
Ya have a happy xmas :very_drunk:

Sparks
14/12/2013, 8:11 AM
Lost 3/2 away to Sligo on Sunday morning . Football is full of hard luck stories about teams being done by dodgy officials in away games in the Fai . Add ours to the list , disgusted with the call for thier equaliser . We were outstanding in a battle of a game .

Best of luck to Strandhill as well,and thanks for taking good care of us .
Thats a bad few results!

What happened up in Sligo?