PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

tricksey
01/11/2013, 12:37 PM
The keeper for the Mjl team who had a great game actually called one of his own players by number in the first half ....

1fortheTeam
01/11/2013, 1:11 PM
Was at the game it was like a pro team vs a pub team. Old school guys on here may not agree but the AUL guys had a decent kid all wore the same gear, the MSL team had a mix of about 10 kits, small detail but just a little example of effort thats put in from both leagues. Fail to prepare...

Although AUL were very well organised etc its not the best AUL team you will ever see but Tommy made it very easy for them. Fair enough the league dont support the team either but all people in the stand around me were asking was, what system was Tommy playing. They did train together a number of times but by looks of it team wasnt picked based on who trained and most fellas on the pitch hadnt a clue what they were doing. Surely play a simple 4 4 2 a system every player knows how to play regardless. Think he had some sort of 3 - 3 -1 -3. Anyway l am not on here to slate the management i think its obvious the MSL dont offer any support and the teams in the league nominate the players, the manager of this team needs to know the league and allowed pick the best players. Tommy has proven he is up to it, he is a v good manager backed up by all his recent success with Douglas Hall but is he supposed to put his whole weekend into watchin guys in the league when his superiors in the league dont offer any support?

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next game....great post.big up to the aul after a tough few weeks.

littleman
02/11/2013, 8:01 PM
Fai 3 rd round
Mayfield 7 fox an hounds 2

Any other results lads

I heard Ringmahon lost to UCC shipping league team an the halls 2 nd MSL junior side hammered Killumney ,,,, this all true

Sparks
03/11/2013, 3:10 AM
Fai 3 rd round
Mayfield 7 fox an hounds 2

Any other results lads

I heard Ringmahon lost to UCC shipping league team an the halls 2 nd MSL junior side hammered Killumney ,,,, this all true

Yup 2-0 & 3-0

Thats the halls 4th adult team if you count senior.
Fox's beat mallow 4-2 not so long ago I thought they would be handy

littleman
03/11/2013, 8:39 AM
We were 3 up in side the 1st 30 mins, actually conceeded 2 in I'd say as many mins just before half time to go in 3/2, in fairness to the Fox and Hounds they played ball an kept plugin away , great bunch of lads an not a dirty tackle in the game,we were just well up for it on the night an all the big players played big games so maybe conceding the 2 goals was a wake up call an the 2 nd half we were top class. Jamie got a hat trick when he eventually got to play up front :) an Tommy Kelly got the pick of the nights goals with the last one. Seem to have re discovered our scoring boots just in time for the big games.

ringmahon4ever
03/11/2013, 2:22 PM
Yeah the a team lost two one. Absolutely shocking in first half. Took control in second half but just couldn't score
The b team lost to Douglas hall first team in quarter final of league cup this morning.4-0. Not a great weekend

Sparks
03/11/2013, 2:32 PM
So we know it's
Q-Finals:

1. Ringmahon Rgs B 0 v Douglas Hall 4
2. Wilton Utd / Everton Utd v Mayfield Utd
3. College Cors v Carrigaline Utd B
4. Ringmahon Rgs A 5 v Douglas Hall Ath 3

Semi-Finals:

3 v Douglas Hall A
Ringmahon Rgs A v 2

You must be confident of making the final littleman ?

littleman
03/11/2013, 3:18 PM
Not at all sparks, there's the little matter of a game away to either Everton b or Wilton to get over first . Neither of those sides would be an easy game away in fairness.

Cups will always throw up funny results but for the most part Ringmahon are one of the top 2 or 3 sides in the league along with Corinthians an Douglas. They may lose 1 or 2 games but the will win a lot more. I'd say either Ringmahon side wouldn't be too upset loosing a cup game as opposed to 3 points so I'd expect a big reaction from both next week, unfortunately we will have Ringmahon B up in Mayfield looking to bounce back, the joys another tough game in prospect for us.

Sparks
03/11/2013, 3:33 PM
Not at all sparks, there's the little matter of a game away to either Everton b or Wilton to get over first . Neither of those sides would be an easy game away in fairness.

Cups will always throw up funny results but for the most part Ringmahon are one of the top 2 or 3 sides in the league along with Corinthians an Douglas. They may lose 1 or 2 games but the will win a lot more. I'd say either Ringmahon side wouldn't be too upset loosing a cup game as opposed to 3 points so I'd expect a big reaction from both next week, unfortunately we will have Ringmahon B up in Mayfield looking to bounce back, the joys another tough game in prospect for us.

Ya but a game against either of 2 mid table first division sides is a handy draw considering ye beat the Everton 1st team already?

Well at least a Semi V Ringmahon who ye are more then a match for going by this seasons earlyier result?

Also why did UCC get 3 points taking off them V Rockmount?

littleman
03/11/2013, 5:03 PM
Sparks it would be wrong of me to presume we will beat our opponents in the quaters , either team will put it up to us , that's guarrenteed . Ya get noting easy up in Everton park an I know nothing of Wilton so the prospect of playing either away will be tricky.

Plenty before me have fallen thinking that the next game was a formality . Il not be that stuipid.

With regards to any team being docked points it can be only 1 of 2 reasons, they played an unregistered player or played more than their allowance of 2 seniors, no matter what I'm happy the MSL are keeping an eye on that kind of thing more .

This is the junior league , it's not let's babysit a few seniors league. The idea is we develope young players an teams an they move up to senior , what's the point in playing 2 seniors one week an getting a good result when the next week you play none an u have a poor result, you gain nothing in the long run an in the short term all you develope is a tendency to depend on players that arnt yours.

With regards to the league cup, if the finals on the 29th, the semis I presume week 21/22/23,,,,,,, the outstanding quater between Everton/Wilton v us would have to be the weekend of the 14th,,,,,,,, but Wilton have a league game that weekend ,,,,,,,,,, is anyone seeing a problem here

Sparks
03/11/2013, 5:16 PM
the outstanding quater between Everton/Wilton v us would have to be the weekend of the 14th,,,,,,,, but Wilton have a league game that weekend ,,,,,,,,,, is anyone seeing a problem here
Are the fixtures out that far ahead?

littleman
03/11/2013, 5:51 PM
Fixtures are out for next week the 14th,,,,,, the finals in the cross on the 29,,,,,, that only leaves the weekend of the 22 for the semis an Everton an Wilton havnt even played

Sparks
03/11/2013, 6:58 PM
Fixtures are out for next week the 14th,,,,,, the finals in the cross on the 29,,,,,, that only leaves the weekend of the 22 for the semis an Everton an Wilton havnt even played

I think your getting carried away littleman. There's no fixtures for 15th 16th & 17th

Next week is 8th 9th 10th and Wilton have a game then going by the MSL site.

littleman
03/11/2013, 7:53 PM
My bad sparks , I was looking at the MSL site and it's fixtures 6th to the 14 th an I just thought the 14th was a weekend, I'm trying to not get ahead of myself an I end up gettin ahead of myself anyway haha,,,,,,on a side note dose anyone find it very frustrating that the MSL just don't post all the weekends results combined like the AUL do on Billy Lyons website !

killer"B"
03/11/2013, 8:07 PM
The last round of group games are scheduled for the 16th/17th of November

Group 1

Pos.
Team
Pts
P
W
L
D
F
A
GD

Donegal

Inishowen

Sligo/Leitrim

Roscommon

Group 2

Clare

Galway

Limerick

Desmond

Group 3

Cork AUL

Kerry

Defence Forces

MSL

Group 4

Wexford

Wicklow

AFL

Group 5

Kilkenny

Carlow

UCL

Group 6

Dublin AUL

Garda Metro

Meath

littleman
03/11/2013, 9:48 PM
Bit of a wasted post killer,,,,,,,, there will be no last horrrah from the MSL , there last now an they will finish last.

littleman
09/11/2013, 7:42 PM
Mayfield 5 Ringmahon 1

collcorforever
10/11/2013, 9:05 AM
Midleton 0 Corinthians 3

corinthians down to ten men after 5 minutes after a rash challenge but a yellow was probably the right card to produce, Corinthians soaked up the pressure and played on the break, got 3 great goals but Midleton must be wondering how they did not get something from the game as they dictated the play for long periods.

littleman
10/11/2013, 9:58 AM
Great 3 points for Corinthians, honestly surprised by the scoreline because it's a tough place to get a result because at home with the support they always have the players are always up for it but fair dues to Corinthians for punishing a normally rock solid home Midleton.

Our scoreline was 5/1 but it wasn't a true reflection of the game in all honesty. Ringmahon were crabbit an showed real gile and for long periods they had us working really hard to get the ball back never mind attack . We scored early from a corner, dominated for 15 an then conceeded a terrible goal from a corner an wobbled a bit for the remainder of the 1st half only to score a special individual goal just before half time. In fairness the reaction of tommy Kelly in the box was something to behold after his initial shot was saved, pure genius.

2/1 at the break.

2 nd half was tight enough, we needed another to kill it off,and just before we scored the 3rd Ringmahon missed a real opertuinity to equalise( great save by our keeper) , again I have to give all the credit to the squad an the bench, made 3 changes with 20 to go and at 2/1 in the 83rd minute it paid off , scored 3 goals in as many minutes an all the subs were involved in scoring or set up goals, again credit to the squad, had 17 togged off with 5 missing an the attitude was what you would expect of a team hoping to challange , great 3 points all things considered .

Roll on next week

littleman
10/11/2013, 8:09 PM
Nudge nudge wink wink , if anyone knows anyone is there any chance we can get a straight answer as to what's happening with the junior league cup,,,,,,,

littleman
11/11/2013, 11:49 AM
Fai junior 4th round
Kilreen Celtic or Cobh Wanderers Vs Blarney St Ath
College Corinthians Vs Grattan Utd
Mayfield FC Vs Leeview Ath
Rockmount FC Vs Glen Celtic
Fairview FC Vs UCC Utd
Richmond A FC Vs Douglas Hall B FC
Greenwood FC or Waterloo FC Vs Glenthorne Celtic or Blackstone Rovers

Sparks
11/11/2013, 11:10 PM
Nudge nudge wink wink , if anyone knows anyone is there any chance we can get a straight answer as to what's happening with the junior league cup,,,,,,,

Fixtures are on website still are they not?

littleman
11/11/2013, 11:24 PM
Sparks Everton and Wilton have yet to play. The final is on the 29th. We are playing Rockmount Saturday and Leeview the folowing weekend in the Fai . When would you be expected to get the Everton/Wilton game played,the quater final between one of them and us,then the semi away to Ringmahon all before the 29th.

Sparks
15/11/2013, 7:58 PM
Sparks Everton and Wilton have yet to play. The final is on the 29th. We are playing Rockmount Saturday and Leeview the folowing weekend in the Fai . When would you be expected to get the Everton/Wilton game played,the quater final between one of them and us,then the semi away to Ringmahon all before the 29th.

Both sides have league fixtures the following week too. Looks like they cancelled the tournament and forgot too tell you little man ha ha

littleman
15/11/2013, 9:08 PM
Wouldn't be surprised Sparks . Be better off if those in control just issued some sort of statement clearing the matter up .

To be honest Sparks that previous post was at a different time an this is now an we have a massive game tomorrow against Rockmount an the quarterfinal of the league cup is not even on my mind . Everything is focused on tomorrow night .

Things are going ok for us so we would like to continue our good form , Rockmount will give us a good test , iv no doubt they will use their allowance of senior players an that will give them an added edge .

Should be a good game all welcome for a 6 pm kick off at the Camp Nu Mayfield

Old age pensioners an kids under 12 all free. Adults free too if accompanied by a dog :)

littleman
16/11/2013, 7:24 PM
Mayfield 8 Rockmount 2,,,,, job done

pirlo
17/11/2013, 11:45 AM
Mayfield 8 Rockmount 2,,,,, job done

Still conceding though little man....you won't score 8 against the better teams.

littleman
17/11/2013, 1:09 PM
Pirlo goals win games, not clean sheets.

pirlo
17/11/2013, 2:03 PM
Pirlo goals win games, not clean sheets.

True, but if you can keep clean sheets then you'll never be beaten.

littleman
17/11/2013, 4:52 PM
Pirlo,,,,,,,,," quote",,,,,,,,,True, but if you can keep clean sheets then you'll never be beaten,,,,,,,,,

Na Pirlo all clean sheets guarrentee ya is a draw,,,,, we play to win,,,,,,, we 'l do it or our way. Thanks.

Im_not_stirring
18/11/2013, 3:21 PM
So whose the current favs to win the junior premier & to go down

collcorforever
18/11/2013, 7:25 PM
Midleton 2 Corinthians 4 AET . DIdnt make it myself but heard it was a very even game and a draw was a fair result after 90 mins, Corinthians scored early in extra time and after Midleton did all but score Corinthians caught them with a break away goal with a minute to go. Big win for mayfield against Rockmount, was at it and very impressed with Mayfield, pass the ball very well.

Mighty almighty
18/11/2013, 8:34 PM
Midleton 2 Corinthians 4 AET . DIdnt make it myself but heard it was a very even game and a draw was a fair result after 90 mins, Corinthians scored early in extra time and after Midleton did all but score Corinthians caught them with a break away goal with a minute to go. Big win for mayfield against Rockmount, was at it and very impressed with Mayfield, pass the ball very well.

Was at this one aswell,good tough even game,ya very accurate report,college third goal a worthy match winner ,great strike from edge of box.

Im_not_stirring
18/11/2013, 10:58 PM
Have not heard to much about midelton so far this year. How are they shaping up

Im_not_stirring
18/11/2013, 11:03 PM
My fancy having seen a lot of the teams this year would be college. Good side but get left away with quiet a few wreck less tackles from the refs. In a few different games of there's I've seen. Good mix of ball and psychical toughest.

ringmahon4ever
19/11/2013, 4:11 PM
Douglas hall kicked out of cup for playing an illegal player in quarter final against ringmahon b team. Ringmahon now take there place in semi final against Cors. Do clubs not know the rules in this cup because it seems to be happening all time

littleman
19/11/2013, 8:02 PM
Ringmahon how definate is this post

ringmahon4ever
19/11/2013, 8:23 PM
100 % littleman

littleman
19/11/2013, 8:54 PM
Are clubs that desperate for silverwear that they resort to this type of carry on in what's supposed to be the top junior cup in the MSL junior section . Fielding illegal players seems to be the only thing this cup is known for .

collcorforever
19/11/2013, 8:56 PM
A bit early in the season to say Corinthians get away with reckless tackles, played 3 league games and have had a few bookings and a sending off after a minute against Midleton. Silly comment really.

littleman
19/11/2013, 9:18 PM
He calls himself "I'm not stirring" an you fall for the 1st comment he posts,,,,,,,,,, thought ye Corinthians lads were a bit sharper than that :)

Im_not_stirring
19/11/2013, 10:03 PM
Fair play little man. At least someone is awake. I do think crointhains are strong...... They look the best of the rest at the moment even tho mayfield seem quiet good to. So what happens now with hall out..... Does that make it crointhains cup to lose do you think little man

Im_not_stirring
20/11/2013, 7:15 AM
Are clubs that desperate for silverwear that they resort to this type of carry on in what's supposed to be the top junior cup in the MSL junior section . Fielding illegal players seems to be the only thing this cup is known for .

Obviously little man. Don't think it's there first time doing it either. What about the other clubs they knocked out now as well , that tried to win it fairly. I'll pose the question is there a case for repeat offenders to be docked points. After all cheating is cheating. Make no mistake that's what they done.

Sparks
20/11/2013, 12:35 PM
Douglas hall kicked out of cup for playing an illegal player in quarter final against ringmahon b team. Ringmahon now take there place in semi final against Cors. Do clubs not know the rules in this cup because it seems to be happening all time

An unregistered player or a cup tied player?as at least one player currently playing for Douglas Hall played for another club in earlyier rounds.

littleman
20/11/2013, 2:24 PM
Guess you know more than the rest of us Sparks,,,,,

Sparks
20/11/2013, 5:36 PM
Guess you know more than the rest of us Sparks,,,,,

Other then knowing at least 1 player currently playing for the hall played in the group stages for another side I don't know anymore then any body else hence why I asked littleman

corkey121
21/11/2013, 5:28 AM
Other then knowing at least 1 player currently playing for the hall played in the group stages for another side I don't know anymore then any body else hence why I asked littleman

Name the player lads ???the reason they were thrown out is that they played a player who was suspendid ,he thaught the mjc counted as a game so a mistake by tc, i dont think there goiung to cheat with the amount of players they have at there disposal ,:confused:

Superkeeper
21/11/2013, 8:54 PM
Ha, they've pulled that line before!

Im_not_stirring
21/11/2013, 9:27 PM
Well at least the last 2 years in a row they have. His involved in soccer long enough to know what he was doing. He took a chance and got caught. Love to know how much longer they being at it. Looks like the league are starting to do there job and keep an eye on these type of things.

Im_not_stirring
22/11/2013, 2:43 PM
Name the player lads ???the reason they were thrown out is that they played a player who was suspendid ,he thaught the mjc counted as a game so a mistake by tc, i dont think there goiung to cheat with the amount of players they have at there disposal ,:confused:
Well no matter how many they have at there disposal they can only field 11. Word is out there were scrambling for players to help defend there trophies. Approaching loads of players playing with other clubs. maybe they realised they wouldn't have it all there own way this year with college & mayfield playing so well early days and tried to put one over the league. Any how im just glad they got caught up to there old tricks again