PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Eric
01/10/2012, 8:12 PM
I wasn't at it but from what I hear the result didn't reflect the game. Good tough game for 75 mins or so and it was 2-2 at that stage. I don't know did Fermoy switch off then or what happened but Everton got another 3 in the closing minutes.

Always a tough place to go and get something from a game but disappointing to lose it like that.

Eric
06/10/2012, 5:13 PM
Fermoy 2 - 2 Ringmahon today in Fermoy.

Watched the first half of this and it was a fairly even half. Ringmahon took the lead from the spot. Fermoy equalised soon after through Alan McCormack after a good move down the right. Ringmahon took the lead again soon after when a corner was cleared properly and their striker finished from close range. Ringmahon keeper made a good save on the stroke of half-time to keep them in front at the break.

Didn't see the 2nd half so don't know who had the better off it. Fermoy equalised late on to take a point from the game.

ringmahon4ever
06/10/2012, 7:19 PM
Fermoy 2 - 2 Ringmahon today in Fermoy.

Watched the first half of this and it was a fairly even half. Ringmahon took the lead from the spot. Fermoy equalised soon after through Alan McCormack after a good move down the right. Ringmahon took the lead again soon after when a corner was cleared properly and their striker finished from close range. Ringmahon keeper made a good save on the stroke of half-time to keep them in front at the break.

Didn't see the 2nd half so don't know who had the better off it. Fermoy equalised late on to take a point from the game.
Ya heard it was even enough game.fermoy scored with literally the last kick of game i was informed. Lads are gutted not taking the three points seeing as Douglas hall got beat last night.anyone have info on it.were brooklodge
worthy winners

bullet
07/10/2012, 1:01 PM
midleton 3 glasheen 0

roberto1
08/10/2012, 7:08 PM
has the oscar traynor squad been named?

ringmahon4ever
08/10/2012, 8:55 PM
*ringmahon ross healy dave o leary** ucc peter neville john o brien* glasheen colin harte ian lordan*** fermoy liam coleman alan mc cormick** everton garry o brien sean sweeney colin lyons robbie o mahony** ballincollig alan donovan*** mayfield conor sexton alan manaher** douglas hall colin o brien declan o conell gavin henchey** college corinthans canice caffrey josh kra** riverston brooklodge matthew pick**

striker9
09/10/2012, 8:44 AM
Interesting picking a few players from most teams in the league.
No Rockmount players or Midleton players did they say no or what because surely both teams would have at least one or two players that would be good enough !!!

ringmahon4ever
09/10/2012, 12:38 PM
Interesting to see rob o mahoney from everton called up after playing one game junior.i know he great player but did this manager actually look around

bullet
09/10/2012, 5:24 PM
derek deehan and john keane if they were interested from midleton definitely good enough 2 play with oscar traynor team + o sullivan and ring from leeside.But a manager of any of these inter league teams is a thank less job because u can,t please everyone.

greengrass
14/10/2012, 9:50 PM
Killowen fc looking for friendly next saturday.pm for details

Silly Billy G
15/10/2012, 10:12 AM
Carrigaline are celebrating 40 years in the game this week. A.

Apparently they marked the occasion last week by turning up for their game with no goalkeeper, no water, no footballs and[U]no manager[U].

Quite extraordinary! Assuming all the above is true - and I have no reason to doubt it - it is a complete dereliction of duty to their own players and a discourtesy to the MFA and to the opposition. I doubt, therefore, if the lads will be back.

It seems that there has been no organised training for the last fortnight or so and the whole thing is in limbo. I'm told that there were plenty signs visible right through last season but that reasonable results papered over the cracks. Failure to act over the summer. means that an entire season has gone by the wayside.

Great pity to see this happening to such a normally progressive club.

I posted on this some weeks ago and was politely contradicted by Footiefanatic. Maybe now he'll concede that ol' Jim was right after all - though I get no pleasure from this one!

PS. Looks like I might have been right about Everton too!

They beat Blarney on saturday 3-1 (junior team now)

Silly Billy G
15/10/2012, 2:54 PM
how u mean (junior team?)?

Carrig junior team (it may have even been their 3rd team) MSL Junior 1st division

roberto1
23/10/2012, 9:39 AM
anyone know where the oscar traynor team are playing there home games?it was c.i.t. last year against south tipp.is the game on friday night against kerry on grass?

Clifford
26/10/2012, 8:42 PM
Any score from Tralee tonight for the Oscar Traynor side?

Clifford
26/10/2012, 10:23 PM
Oscar Traynor Cup Result .
Kerry 2-1 Munster Senior League

striker9
27/10/2012, 11:46 PM
Carrigaline 3-3 Midleton last night. Carrigaline 2 up early. Midleton piled on the pressure got 3-2 up before late og shared the points.

thebooboys
29/10/2012, 2:09 AM
who scored the midleton goals striker9, i heard johnny barrett back down playing junior when he yere best striker. He should come back where hes wanted!!!!!!!!

striker9
29/10/2012, 12:16 PM
Mickey Ryan 2 and Tucker. No he's still on the bench for the seniors. Played 1 game about 5 weeks ago for match practice...

rebelhead
04/11/2012, 12:09 PM
Killumney utd 4 Douglas hall 0

corkey121
09/11/2012, 10:19 AM
2 big semi finals this weekend in lge cup, have to fancy the 2 home teams in Everton and Ringmahon to win through to the final. Good games in prosper though.

Clifford
11/11/2012, 6:24 PM
Fermoy 1-1 Carrigaline

Fermoy scored on half time, then Carrigaline scored around the time Fermoy went down to 10 men. Wasn't at it so thats all I know.

corkey121
15/11/2012, 2:21 PM
Lads i have just seen the refs for the junior leauge cup final friday week...Refs not to bad but infairness who is appointing these officials..pat and dave is not able to move could spoil a good game ..

ringmahon4ever
15/11/2012, 7:25 PM
who.s down for it

Clifford
15/11/2012, 10:58 PM
who.s down for it

Everton v Ringmahon Rgs Turners Cross
(D. Coleman, D. Daly, P. McAuliffe)

From MSL site.

corkey121
19/11/2012, 10:44 AM
Heard yer juniors were given a football lesson on fri night clifford. A good responce from douglas after 2 cup defeats.

Clifford
20/11/2012, 11:03 PM
Yeah Corkey beaten well on the night, no keeper so reg full back went in and the two lads we have on the Oscar Traynor panel were away. Depleted side but prob would have made no change to the outcome from what I hear. Another cup outing this weekend v Glen B to try to bounce back.

fifa
23/11/2012, 5:13 PM
Big game at the cross tonight any predictions

Eric
29/11/2012, 9:03 AM
MSL 0 - 3 AUL

Disappointing from our lot last night. AUL played more as a team and were deserved winners. Just lucky they didn't win by more in the end.

Eric
29/11/2012, 9:34 AM
Wouldn't say the Junior league is a lot more inferior to the AUL but reckon the squad wasn't as strong as it could've been. Not sure if some players didn't make themselves available for selection or just weren't picked but there's def players out there better than some of who were on show last night.

Think they played 2 friendly games before their first competitive game in Tralee. Not sure how many times they trained.

thebooboys
29/11/2012, 10:56 AM
I know a few players that were in that Junior Panel. One in particular can't even get a game with the U19 team that he's affiliated with. AUL squad had more quality

corkey121
29/11/2012, 11:22 AM
The aul are very much more prepared, way too many good players in MJL not been called up, also the manager of an Oscar Traynor squad should not be attached to a club if you are to be successful in the competition, the last 4 MJL managers have been managing their clubs ( J.Corcoran Rockmount, T.Corcoran Everton/D.Hall,N.Hennessy Rockmount and current manager P.Doyle with Ballincollig. The MSL should really review the manager situation if they want to suceed.

Eric
29/11/2012, 3:45 PM
I could be wrong but I think the AUL's management is made up of people from this clubs which might not be a bad option for the MSL. At least combining a few heads would give a better view on what players across the league are suitable to be called up.

On a side note, I was very impressed with Ross Healy last night at centre back. Read the game well and composed on the ball. He was a joy to watch.

Mighty almighty
29/11/2012, 10:04 PM
It defenitely should be treated as a prestigious competition,was involved in this a number if years back and every player was delighted to be selected,taken very serious with good training sessions held,but don't think this year the top players in the Msl were selected,totally agree with a neutral manager,gives it a fair crack to everyone,plus then might be taken as serious as senior level tournament,some excellent players in Msl aswell as some fine players in aul!has to be promoted more in cork and munster to give it more appeal to people aswell.and players out there to give some feedback here.

Eric
03/12/2012, 7:09 AM
Bad day at the office for our lot the other day going down 4-0 to Midleton. Guess they owed us a beating.

Still haven't had time to get to a game this year so not sure if was just a bad day for them or what. It's 2 bad losses in a row though. Hopefully they'll get back on track in the FAI cup game next week.

Mighty almighty
03/12/2012, 11:36 AM
Bad day at the office for our lot the other day going down 4-0 to Midleton. Guess they owed us a beating.

Still haven't had time to get to a game this year so not sure if was just a bad day for them or what. It's 2 bad losses in a row though. Hopefully they'll get back on track in the FAI cup game next week.

Met a few of the midleton lads Saturday night, said they had only 12 players due to work and injury,but said it was still there best performance of the season,have to play well to win in fermoy, i always remembered it as a tough place to win.

corkey121
03/12/2012, 2:09 PM
Just on red and whites comment there that teams are throwing it at ringmahon and everton, how in gods name can you say this , douglas hall have won there 3 games in past week on conceding one goal against ucc away beat glasheen and carrigaline 1-0 2-0.my money would be on the hall :kissing:

Sparky
03/12/2012, 8:59 PM
Just on red and whites comment there that teams are throwing it at ringmahon and everton, how in gods name can you say this , douglas hall have won there 3 games in past week on conceding one goal against ucc away beat glasheen and carrigaline 1-0 2-0.my money would be on the hall :kissing:

The Hall will win this league by 4-5 pts. FACT. Saw them last week and they are head and shoulders over the rest.
Since Killumney beat them they have bounced back like they know how. Tommy doing great job up there.

corkey121
07/12/2012, 11:49 AM
lets wait and see sparky, my money is on everton. they have already won a trophy and beat mahon which douglas couldnt do. i dont think beating glasheen and carrigaline is a good enough reason to put them as favourites. a few transfers either way though in december could swing it though as i dont see more than a couple of points being between the top 3 before i get more abuse;)

I would agree with red and white but ringmahon beat a Douglas team missing 6 players including dec o O'Connell by miles the best junior player on his day.Tommy done good business in last week of last window singing 4 players, 3 from ringmahon seniors and monhian back from Miami.possible short a good striker there poor in that department. Ringmahon then i would say will fall short having lost a few to many players to senior's at start of season, unless they sign a few..would go with 1. Douglas Hall
2. Ringmahon
3. Everton
4. U C C
5. Corinthians.

Mighty almighty
07/12/2012, 11:48 PM
I would agree with red and white but ringmahon beat a Douglas team missing 6 players including dec o O'Connell by miles the best junior player on his day.Tommy done good business in last week of last window singing 4 players, 3 from ringmahon seniors and monhian back from Miami.possible short a good striker there poor in that department. Ringmahon then i would say will fall short having lost a few to many players to senior's at start of season, unless they sign a few..would go with 1. Douglas Hall
2. Ringmahon
3. Everton
4. U C C
5. Corinthians.

Don't understand why a ringmahon senior player would want to play junior level for a very rival club by the sounds of the last few years (Douglas),ringmahon juniors going to have to play alot if games this year,going to be very hard to win that league.to be very honest it's a disgrace to see a irish junior international playing Msl junior league,the same player is gifted,why hasn't morsey got him back pulling strings?

Eric
08/12/2012, 4:10 PM
Fermoy beaten 4-0 at home by Glen Celtic B today in the FAI Junior Cup!!

My first time watching them properly this season and they were very disappointing! If they don't stop the slide it could be a very brief stay in the Premier Division

Brad
08/12/2012, 7:02 PM
To be fair, I heard they were missing 4 starters, including their top scorer. All the same poor result, they need to beat mayfield next week.

Brad
09/12/2012, 8:25 PM
Fermoy beaten 4-0 at home by Glen Celtic B today in the FAI Junior Cup!!

My first time watching them properly this season and they were very disappointing! If they don't stop the slide it could be a very brief stay in the Premier Division
To be fair, I heard they were missing 4 starters, one of which was their topscorer , still a poor result though. Next weeks game against mayfield is a big one now to get back on track before Xmas break!

1fortheTeam
10/12/2012, 4:05 PM
To be fair, I heard they were missing 4 starters, one of which was their topscorer , still a poor result though. Next weeks game against mayfield is a big one now to get back on track before Xmas break!well if thats not sour i dont know what is look they were well hammerd you dont need to tell us they wer missing players twice.and in their own back yard lets say that should have made a difference as well but it didnt .

Brad
10/12/2012, 4:51 PM
well if thats not sour i dont know what is look they were well hammerd you dont need to tell us they wer missing players twice.and in their own back yard lets say that should have made a difference as well but it didnt .
Only posted second time because I thought the first post didn't go through, I'm not making excuses, but 4 players are a big loss if you haven't got a huge squad, 3 heavy losses in a row, but to be fair what cork team is gonna win the Munster junior cup or fai cup this year? 2 of the defeats were in these cups! Still need to pick up performances though!

Eric
10/12/2012, 7:47 PM
1fortheTeam jog on back over to the Junior section like a good man!

Brad, regardless of who they were missing it was still a very poor performance. They're after losing 3 on the bounce by big scorelines and looked very flat. Hopefully they can get a result on Saturday but I just can't see it happening.

Brad
10/12/2012, 8:01 PM
1fortheTeam jog on back over to the Junior section like a good man!

Brad, regardless of who they were missing it was still a very poor performance. They're after losing 3 on the bounce by big scorelines and looked very flat. Hopefully they can get a result on Saturday but I just can't see it happening. fair point Eric, I was at the midleton game and although midleton played better in the 1st half, I thought Fermoy came out after half time and dominated for 1st 15mins of second half but an unfortunate og followed by a defensive error killed the game. Their heads dropped and were lucky to escape with 4-0 loss after midleton dominated rest of game. I just can't see the run of losses continue and would be confident of a win Saturday.

striker9
16/12/2012, 2:21 PM
Midleton 2-1 UCC ! Midleton went 1 up and deserved just after half time. This spurred UCC to start playing like a team top of the table. They dominated for 15 mins and got a goal that was coming with Midleton sitting back after a mistake from the keeper. Then Midleton got dare centre half sent off with 10 to go and it looked only a matter of time before UCC got the winner. Midleton looked like they were settling for a draw but a rare second half attack with time almost up snatched a late winner.

corkey121
04/01/2013, 10:37 AM
Best of luck to corinthians and Ringmahon in theyre Fai jun cup ties this weekend, 2 tough looking fixtures....Couple of interesting league games this weekend with Fermoy at home to Douglas hall and Everton at home to midleton, 4 of the top 6 in action. Can see the league taking a bit of shape after this weekend and also when ringmahon and cors end theyre cup runs.

striker9
05/01/2013, 4:03 PM
Everton 0 - 3 Midleton ! Midleton 2 up at half time playing with wind and slope. Went 3 up early in second half which killed off the game.

Any update from fermoy ?

Clifford
05/01/2013, 4:31 PM
Douglas Hall won handy in Fermoy 5 or 6 -1. We'll keep fighting the good fight and hopefully things will turn again for us.