PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

greengrass
13/07/2012, 7:18 PM
junior premier
riverstown/brooklodge,carrigaline,corinthians,douglas hall,everton,fermoy,glasheen,mayfield,midleton,rin gmahon(ucc absent from list but typo maybe?)
junior first
blarney,mallow,everton,cobh,ringmahon b,bandon,passage,ucc academicals,cit,avondale,st marys
junior second
ballincollig,castleview,leeds,leeside,wilton,dougl as hall b,corinthians b,carrigaline b,crosshaven,fermoy a

top 2 go up from 1st division,bottom 2 go down from premier and 1st division
top 2 in second promoted to first

Eric
15/07/2012, 8:01 AM
Is there a 2nd Division this year? MSL site just shows Division 1 and 1A.

greengrass
15/07/2012, 10:40 AM
Is there a 2nd Division this year? MSL site just shows Division 1 and 1A.
according to the echo 1a is the third tier with top 2 being promoted to division 1 hence why i called it 2nd division

Eric
15/07/2012, 10:44 AM
Ah right, didn't see the Echo. Makes more sense to have 3 divisions instead of a split 1st division again.

Eric
17/07/2012, 6:35 AM
I'm gone from the management side of things so don't have the inside info anymore. As far as I know though all of last years squad have said they are going back this season. With the seniors going up premier though it'll be interesting to see whether they take any of last years juniors for their squad.

Eric
17/07/2012, 7:53 PM
Yeah relations have been good the past 2 seasons when new management came in. With new men coming in for both teams this year hopefully they'll stay good.

Last year we benefitted from a few senior quality lads who couldn't fully commit to the senior panel from the year. We accommodated them and they strengthened our side.

These lads are all the wrong side of 30 though so the chance to give Senior Premier a go might be too hard for them to pass up.

Boc 123
24/07/2012, 4:27 PM
2nd divison will be tight this year with the clubs from the AUL coming into it it should be intersting

Eric
25/07/2012, 8:55 AM
Anyone know what format the John Hayes Trophy will take on now that there's a 1st and 2nd Division?

Agree with you about the better structure though. Should make all divisions more competitive.

casilles
27/07/2012, 12:10 PM
Blarney st Ath looking for an away friendly sat 28th. Have a red organised. Know it's very late but just got let down. Contact Eddie at 0863775408

Eric
28/07/2012, 6:26 PM
Fermoy Juniors looking to organise one or two friendlies. If anyone is interested give me a shout and I'll put you in touch with the managers.

schoolboygodno9
28/07/2012, 7:33 PM
Fermoy Juniors looking to organise one or two friendlies. If anyone is interested give me a shout and I'll put you in touch with the managers.
Bweeng Celtic near mallow looking for friendly tue nite coming will travel pm ASAP well sort something

overthehill
29/07/2012, 10:47 AM
Blackstone rovers AUL Prem A looking for away friendlies over the next few weeks, evenings/weekends. contact here or 087 9475627 Derek.

oldlegs
31/07/2012, 3:02 PM
Bandon looking good to get promoted this year ?

Boc 123
03/08/2012, 10:51 AM
what form are the new teams to the MSL pre season ????

corkey121
07/08/2012, 6:36 PM
what form are the new teams to the MSL pre season ????
I.hear ringmahon junior are not a happycamp alot of player gone senior ..pity good side played good ball last year

ringmahon4ever
08/08/2012, 3:46 PM
I.hear ringmahon junior are not a happycamp alot of player gone senior ..pity good side played good ball last year

Where are you gettin this info from.first you said there was hassle in senior camp last year and now your saying the juniors are not a happy camp.and its not alot of players gone seniors.three former senior players who came down junior last year and are now gone back senior.if anything the squad is stronger with new signing.s etc so before you comment anymore get your info right

corkey121
09/08/2012, 7:51 AM

I hear from good sources left back,centre half (basil)last years junior player of year.and few others no need to take offence,we are all hearing rumours about,Last year hasslwe in senior camp must have been through wen at times towards end of season club couldnt fill senior team with 11 seniors players..heard that seniors flying with big numbers

rushy12
14/08/2012, 9:29 AM
Ya id make them favorites too.hall and mayfield are meant to be struggling for players .we will see should be interesting.

corkey121
14/08/2012, 2:17 PM
Ya id make them favorites too.hall and mayfield are meant to be struggling for players .we will see should be interesting.

from my sources within i hear the hall juniors had 16 players last sat spinning taking it very serious this season..beat killreen the other night with 15 players and more to come back all the signs of a team struggling id say ha :)

corkey121
14/08/2012, 2:22 PM
i think the addition of fermoy and midleton will make this a tight league this year. hard to predict challengers and relegation candidates i think

my prediction for the msl junior would be as follows:

1.douglas hall
2.ringmahon Rangers
3.corinthans
4.midleton(provided players dont go bk senior)
5.ucc
6.fermoy
7.rockmount
8.everton(if they have a team with senior having no one )
9.mayfield
10.carrigaline
11.broklodge
12.glasheen

id say i wouldnt be far wrong there

rushy12
14/08/2012, 2:54 PM
you might not be far wrong..but just because 16 fellas go spinning doesn't make them league contenders. we will see how many turns up match day or for training. i will stick with Corinthians.hall have some footballers but a bit soft at times. will be a tough league alright.

corkey121
14/08/2012, 4:34 PM
my prediction for the msl junior would be as follows:

1.douglas hall
2.ringmahon Rangers
3.corinthans
4.midleton(provided players dont go bk senior)
5.ucc
6.fermoy
7.rockmount
8.everton(if they have a team with senior having no one )
9.mayfield
10.carrigaline
11.broklodge
12.glasheen

id say i wouldnt be far wrong there

ok the hall droped points in 5 games last year corinthans twice which one was last min winner,they should have been out of site..mallow blarney rockmount all draws ,decie playing junior few bodies in from mayfield..tommy will hitn ground running this year :D

rushy12
14/08/2012, 5:10 PM
ok the hall droped points in 5 games last year corinthans twice which one was last min winner,they should have been out of site..mallow blarney rockmount all draws ,decie playing junior few bodies in from mayfield..tommy will hitn ground running this year :D
we will see:o

ringmahon4ever
15/08/2012, 8:17 PM
Interesting group in league cup .the two Ringmahon teams playing each other.should be a battle for the home dressing room lol

rushy12
18/08/2012, 10:07 AM
Interesting group in league cup .the two Ringmahon teams playing each other.should be a battle for the home dressing room lol
How are Corinthians this year?and winners of the cup?

rushy12
18/08/2012, 6:37 PM
Ya to win the league.but the cup that's coming up?

Eric
18/08/2012, 10:15 PM
See someone tipping Fermoy to finish mid-table.......optimistic!! Think it'll be a very tough season for the lads. Seniors going up premier has hit last years squad and hasn't been a great pre-season so far to be honest.

Radiostar
19/08/2012, 4:49 PM
What's happening your junior side Red and White?

Clifford
25/08/2012, 3:52 PM
Fermoy jnrs got off to a winning start defeating College Corinthians 2-1 in the League Cup.

Eric
26/08/2012, 4:29 PM
Not a bad game of ball between Fermoy and Corinthians yesterday considering both sides were under strength. League Cup results are nothing to look into too much but it will be a nice bit of a confidence boost for the Fermoy lads heading into the new season.

corkey121
29/08/2012, 1:36 PM
Corinthians not off to best of starts, have they lost players?? Not lookin good for last seasons champs!!

pacman
01/09/2012, 9:35 PM
Has the division 1 structure changed? Now two equal divisions with one from each being promoted?

Eric
02/09/2012, 7:24 AM
Fermoy decided against putting in a 2nd Junior team this year so that might have affected the numbers in each section.

Brad
08/09/2012, 4:36 PM
Fermoy juniors off to good start! 3- 0 away to glasheen!

Mighty almighty
08/09/2012, 6:39 PM
Mayfield 2-2 Midleton
good game I heard,but what baffles me here is why was this game was played on a Allweather pitch,when no game on both of there grass pitches.surely a Allweather facility should be used only when the grass pitches are in trouble?

pacman
08/09/2012, 8:12 PM
Mayfield 2-2 Midleton
good game I heard,but what baffles me here is why was this game was played on a Allweather pitch,when no game on both of there grass pitches.surely a Allweather facility should be used only when the grass pitches are in trouble?
Couldnt agree more. I think Mayfield were probably lookign for an advantage as they are obviously much more used to playing on the all weather pitch. There is a huge difference playing on those all weather pitches.

Mighty almighty
09/09/2012, 9:09 AM
Couldnt agree more. I think Mayfield were probably lookign for an advantage as they are obviously much more used to playing on the all weather pitch. There is a huge difference playing on those all weather pitches.

Ya I suppose,was talking to one of midleton lads,they said they warmed up on grass pitch.never was a lover of them myself,totally different game on them.i remember being in charge before of a team,and you got prior notice to playing on these pitches,weird when pitches in perfect condition at the moment.

ringmahon4ever
09/09/2012, 12:43 PM
beat rockmount this morn 4-1.nice start to the season

rushy12
09/09/2012, 12:46 PM
Ya I suppose,was talking to one of midleton lads,they said they warmed up on grass pitch.never was a lover of them myself,totally different game on them.i remember being in charge before of a team,and you got prior notice to playing on these pitches,weird when pitches in perfect condition at the moment.
If you have anything about ya and can pass a ball 5 yards it should not matter about the surface.good footballers can play anywhere.using the all weather is an easy cop out for players and teams.just get on with games are going ahead because of these pitches, has anyone seen the rain that fell?!hall and fermoy off to a good start.

flyr
09/09/2012, 1:30 PM
Cobh Wanderers beat Blarney 3-0 this morning.cobh controlled the first half with a solid display going in a 3 up at the break.Blarney tried to get back into it in the second half but cobh delt with the pressure after taking there foot of the gas for a while.Good start to the season for cobh though....

Eric
09/09/2012, 2:00 PM
Wasn't at the Fermoy game yesterday but by all accounts it was a fairly comfortable win. Alan McCormack got 2 and Dave Keating with one.

Nice to get 3 points on the board early on and a clean sheet also.

Mighty almighty
09/09/2012, 2:22 PM
If you have anything about ya and can pass a ball 5 yards it should not matter about the surface.good footballers can play anywhere.using the all weather is an easy cop out for players and teams.just get on with games are going ahead because of these pitches, has anyone seen the rain that fell?!hall and fermoy off to a good start.

You have just agreed with me there rushy,games do go ahead because of these pitches,and are in handy in cases,only when grass(natural) surfaces are in trouble,do ya not agree,I don't think I no a footballer out there that prefers astro over natural surface.plus never said they were making excuses,I said I found it strange!!eveypitch is in good nick now.no need for astro until real winter other than the strange 2week wash out summer we had!

rushy12
09/09/2012, 2:51 PM
You have just agreed with me there rushy,games do go ahead because of these pitches,and are in handy in cases,only when grass(natural) surfaces are in trouble,do ya not agree,I don't think I no a footballer out there that prefers astro over natural surface.plus never said they were making excuses,I said I found it strange!!eveypitch is in good nick now.no need for astro until real winter other than the strange 2week wash out summer we had!

I agree with you, grass is preferable.but when some clubs have 3/4/5 mens teams its harder to cater for them all. Coming from an era of hunting livestock off of some fields and shaking a wet branch to shower i would not argue about getting a game anywhere.if a club only has 2 teams i would argue that yes grass is desirable when possible.its junior football so fellas are happy just to play.any one see the everton/hall game?

corkey121
11/09/2012, 9:55 AM
I agree with you, grass is preferable.but when some clubs have 3/4/5 mens teams its harder to cater for them all. Coming from an era of hunting livestock off of some fields and shaking a wet branch to shower i would not argue about getting a game anywhere.if a club only has 2 teams i would argue that yes grass is desirable when possible.its junior football so fellas are happy just to play.any one see the everton/hall game?

Get on with it if ur a decent footballer ur touch should be up to it , its up to mayfield where they want to play ..heard the hall just deserved it..good team with a good manager with a great record surely there the team to beat..corinthans and ringmahon to follow

Eric
16/09/2012, 1:07 PM
Fermoy 0 - 2 College Corinthians yesterday.

Wasn't at it but apparently Corinthians were a lot sharper than the side we faced in the league cup a few weeks ago. First goal came from a penalty and second after Fermoy keeper made 2 great saves but it was forced in at the third attempt.

Apparently ref only played 40 minutes in the first half and when questioned about it said he was in charge and he'll make the decisions!!!

Glenbuck
16/09/2012, 4:16 PM
And if its the ref who was down for it did you expect anything else. A law on to himself.

Eric
16/09/2012, 6:03 PM
Yeah it was him who was ref!

corkey121
26/09/2012, 8:14 AM
Munster junior cup...

Will any cork teams have chance in this for the season ahead, After midleton and fermoys run last year surely the top junior sides will have craic off this cup...im going to say we should expect last years champions corinthans should go far enough in this also id expect ringmahon after there blistering start to the season to have a good go.My tip for the team to do damage in the junior cup would be douglas hall heard from within the club they have added to there squad having already quailfied for the leauge cup QF and winning there opening two games.anyone predict anyone else...

Eric
26/09/2012, 11:19 AM
Hard to know in Cup competitions as it's all on the day. We beat a few premier teams and a good Midleton team during our run last year. Those games could've very easily went the opposite way. All depends on the draw any team gets.

Last years winners, Janesboro, have lost 3 key players from last years team and have had a terrible start to the season.

I'd love to see a Cork side go on and win this.

rushy12
26/09/2012, 3:16 PM
Hard to know in Cup competitions as it's all on the day. We beat a few premier teams and a good Midleton team during our run last year. Those games could've very easily went the opposite way. All depends on the draw any team gets.

Last years winners, Janesboro, have lost 3 key players from last years team and have had a terrible start to the season.

I'd love to see a Cork side go on and win this.

Can't see it happening im afraid.any very good junior player plays senior in cork. Winner of munster junior will come from limerick/tipperary where it always has been.just get a look at the betting they generally not far off!