PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Shinguard
19/04/2012, 8:54 PM
its a joke eric, being from a town outside the city, and with such a small choice of players to choose from,you surely understand where im coming from. its very important to give these lads the opportunity to play in these games, but if midleton had known this rule existed they would not have played these young lads, that is the blame of the munster senior league. its not fair on the lads who have put in so much effort through out the year, to have the chance of competing in this comp which they had a good chance of winning withdrawn.

The John Hayes Trophy was started in the 2008/09 season. The rule stating that only players registered in the Junior First Division can play in this competition has been there from the start of the competition in 2008. It has been enforced every year. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse and the only people to blame for getting thrown out of the competition are Midleton.

Eric
19/04/2012, 11:30 PM
I see where you're coming from Magpie, as we've a very small pool to pick from too. We've had to bring some youths along to league games and got clearance from the MSL to play youths in the Super Cup. It is harsh not to allow them play in the John Hayes, but if that's the rule then that's the rule. It'll mean outlet squad will be pretty thin for that competition though without the youths!!

Mighty almighty
20/04/2012, 10:30 AM
To be honest I thinks it's a case for judge judy......because you would want to be a judge to understand all there stupid rules!cheating is to me trying to be sneaky to gain an unfair advantage....I think midleton do not come under this bracket....fielding weaker players in a competition to blood new players for next year to keep the flow of local talent in the adult set up which is extremely hard being a country club.i understand there is a rule there,but why can't we see these rules on a website,why have a fai rule book up,and not there own Msl one......too many clubs being thrown out which hints at a system isn't working....get yer head out of the clouds Msl and start using common sense I think!!!

Eric
20/04/2012, 11:43 AM
I actually just got word that we had been thrown out of the Super Cup and the John Hayes Cup this week also for playing youth players! This after having gotten clearance from one member of the MSL to play such players!!!

I think our chairman argued the case and got us re-instated in both competitions. Think Midleton may have been re-instated in the John Hayes too.

From what I was told I think it's to do with a rule that was brought in at under-age level this year not allowing lads play adult football. A rule which was never publicised and so caught out a number of teams.

Two Touch
20/04/2012, 12:05 PM
i think the biggest issue here is that clubs are not being made aware or are not making themselves aware of the rules at the start of each season. As a result, no club is aware that a rule may be broken until such time as it is too late & they are deducted points or thrown out of a competition.

How many clubs have been deducted points in the league this year in both junior & senior divisions? I do not think they were all trying to 'cheat' & i think it's not a coincidence that so many teams have lost points & i think many of them have lost points over playing players who may have been suspended at the time & clubs were totally unaware at the time. I know 100% this was the case for 2 different clubs.

I think the MSL should be a little more pro-active & understanding on this front & not automatically deduct & fine amateur clubs who were genuinely caught unawares.

freddieflinston
20/04/2012, 12:40 PM
My oh my .I'm surprised at how some clubs dont know the rules - the youths league is a DIFFERENT LEAGUE. If the under 19s were REGISTERED also as JUNIOR players then there would be no problem!!!!!

freddieflinston
20/04/2012, 1:08 PM
ha red and white - i dont make the rules - but dont call me a clown just because the club secretaries dont know them!!! Its an FAI rule anyway not that i'd expect you to know ;)

This RULE came into effect when the AUL and MSL formed a new youths league

Shinguard
20/04/2012, 2:04 PM
ha red and white - i dont make the rules - but dont call me a clown just because the club secretaries dont know them!!! Its an FAI rule anyway not that i'd expect you to know ;)

This RULE came into effect when the AUL and MSL formed a new youths league

Well said Freddie but unfortunately you are probably wasting your time trying to explain that rules are not meant to be broken.

Mighty almighty
20/04/2012, 6:20 PM
Freddie boy...That sounds very like what was coming out of a meeting with midleton club with Msl....no wonder ur supporting this stupid rule stopping young players from getting expierence at adult level...all because ur one of these little hitlers up there putting in these ridiculous rules informing nobody that they are there,there is no way on earth you can blame a secretary,they can't possibly know every single rule that's out there....especially one's that ye make up,to make life hard for clubs,especially country clubs....stand back and think for minute will ya....tut tut...

archie
20/04/2012, 8:53 PM
Freddie boy...That sounds very like what was coming out of a meeting with midleton club with Msl....no wonder ur supporting this stupid rule stopping young players from getting expierence at adult level...all because ur one of these little hitlers up there putting in these ridiculous rules informing nobody that they are there,there is no way on earth you can blame a secretary,they can't possibly know every single rule that's out there....especially one's that ye make up,to make life hard for clubs,especially country clubs....stand back and think for minute will ya....tut tut...

Local Cup Rules, The John Hayes Cup, "Only players registered in the Junior First Division​ are eligible to play in this competition"I think this is straight forward enough,
Get your club to submit a "change of rule proposal for the AGM" to the MSL (re youth players or whatever)before 30th April as per rule 42, Thats the way to go, and stop ranting about the MSL and every rule in the book on here.

Mighty almighty
21/04/2012, 6:55 AM
It's called a forum Archie,were people debate incidents and opinions.everyone entitled to there opinion,and speak there own voice.....just like you have,😃so don't be telling anyone what they can and can't do.

freddieflinston
21/04/2012, 7:23 AM

Now listen here BOY . Where did i say i agreed with the rule??? I just stated what the infringement was BOY. I have nothing to do with the MSL committee and will never have . But sorry it is the job of the secretary of ANY club to know the rules BOY! Especially one like that BOY .

freddieflinston
21/04/2012, 7:35 AM
It's called a forum Archie,were people debate incidents and opinions.everyone entitled to there opinion,and speak there own voice.....just like you have,so don't be telling anyone what they can and can't do.

Ah so you are entitled to your opinion but i'm not entitled to mine is it ?? Calling me a little hitler and a boy. I'll just call you a hypocrite so in this case ;) TUT TUT

AvondaleNutter
21/04/2012, 8:39 AM
If the MSL just put up a PDF of the rules on the MSL website then at least we could see it in black and white. If there are any New rules or amendments of existing rules then these should be highlighted more clearly than others. It would solve a lot of the issues that clubs have whether or not that this player can play. I'm pretty sure the MSL look at this forum so hopefully they'll post the rule book on their website

archie
21/04/2012, 11:30 PM
It's called a forum Archie,were people debate incidents and opinions.everyone entitled to there opinion,and speak there own voice.....just like you have,so don't be telling anyone what they can and can't do.

I'm not telling anyone what to do on this forum Mighty, just advising the way to go about rule changes and how there done, so as to hopefully put an end to this pointless debate. rules are rules, and we have to abide by them to the best of our ability until there changed to suite everyone,( which doesn't really happen, as you can't please everyone). Years ago a keeper could be shouldered into the goal, the rules changed in time, now you can't touch a keeper, (Good or bad?). Don't be slating the powers that be, because they need the clubs to act in order to change the rules.
Let yourself or someone in your club represent the club at delegate meetings and you'll receive all the information and knowledge of the rules etc.then. Now, take a chill pill:pill:

Eric
23/04/2012, 9:18 AM
Anyone at the Super Cup game between the two Everton sides yesterday? Heard there was 4 red cards!!

Shinguard
23/04/2012, 5:20 PM
Anyone at the Super Cup game between the two Everton sides yesterday? Heard there was 4 red cards!!

Yes,4 red cards and 11 yellow cards and there wasn't a dirty tackle in the whole game. This game had everything, great goals,a missed penalty, hard tackling but unfortunately a referee who got over excited and started dishing out the cards much to the bebefit of the MSL. Not for the first time this season a great game to watch spoiled by the match official.

magpie
23/04/2012, 8:01 PM
Midleton juniors promoted back to the premier division over the weekend with 5 games to spare, they beat st marys 5-1 without getting out of 1st gear. Congratulations to all involved.

magpie
23/04/2012, 8:02 PM
Midleton juniors promoted back to the premier division over the weekend with 5 games to spare, they beat st marys 5-1 without getting out of 1st gear. Congratulations to all involved.
sorry 4 games to spare.

Eric
23/04/2012, 11:20 PM
Yes,4 red cards and 11 yellow cards and there wasn't a dirty tackle in the whole game.

Yeah I was surprised when I heard about the cards considering it was 2 teams from the same club. Some of the officials at this level really do leave a lot to be desired.

razor
24/04/2012, 7:34 AM
Yeah I was surprised when I heard about the cards considering it was 2 teams from the same club.There goes their gate money from the Avondale game.

ringmahon4ever
28/04/2012, 10:27 AM
Big game down Ringmahon today.playing against Douglas hall.race for the league hotting up nicely

Corinthians 365
28/04/2012, 4:57 PM
Big game down Ringmahon today.playing against Douglas hall.race for the league hotting up nicely

Ringmahon ranger 1-2 Douglas Hall. Hall scored the winning goal in the last 3 mins to keep their league title ambitions intact. Played the whole of te second half with 10 men to boot. Looked hungrier side throughout to be fair.

Eric
29/04/2012, 1:05 PM
We beat Carrigaline this morning to clinch promotion.

Play-off to decide league winners is fixed for 11th May in Mayfield at 7pm

footiefanatic
30/04/2012, 12:57 PM
Corinthians seem to have the junior premier in the bag, think last 2 fixtures are at home to rockmount, and away to ringamhon! All they need for the title is to beat rockmount at home in their next fixture. Should be a formality the way they have played this season!

AvondaleNutter
01/05/2012, 6:25 AM
i assume the league were looking for a corentians ringmahon game as a decider so that could be a dead rubber now. I dont think the league should do that to be fair. Is it fair on other teams in the league? I know you have to play every team regardless but keeping big games until the very end is actually scheduling what should be a random draw of games
I saw the second half of this game. Douglas hall were worth their win despite being down to 10 men early in the second. Their centre half struck out at the ringmahon striker. Douglas hall looked very strong with two senior quality players in strachan and deccy who'd get on most senior teams in the country. One win for Corinthians and its over

Corinthians 365
09/05/2012, 6:23 PM
I saw the second half of this game. Douglas hall were worth their win despite being down to 10 men early in the second. Their centre half struck out at the ringmahon striker. Douglas hall looked very strong with two senior quality players in strachan and deccy who'd get on most senior teams in the country. One win for Corinthians and its over

College Corinthians 1-0 Rockmount. In a hugely competitive encounter, one rocket like strike from Mark Murphy after 20 mins was sufficient to give Corinthians the 3 points and MSL jnr prem title. Rory O'Neill, Ricky Sullivan and Philip Brady were outstanding for Cors on their big night. The team, made up of almost 100% home grown players, played some wonderful football this season and are deserved champions. Congrats to all the players and the management team on this achievement. You are a credit to the club.

fifa
10/05/2012, 12:16 PM
Mark Murphy? Isn't he a senior player?

Shilts
10/05/2012, 1:40 PM
Congrats to College Corinthians

AvondaleNutter
10/05/2012, 3:56 PM
College Corinthians 1-0 Rockmount. In a hugely competitive encounter, one rocket like strike from Mark Murphy after 20 mins was sufficient to give Corinthians the 3 points and MSL jnr prem title. Rory O'Neill, Ricky Sullivan and Philip Brady were outstanding for Cors on their big night. The team, made up of almost 100% home grown players, played some wonderful football this season and are deserved champions. Congrats to all the players and the management team on this achievement. You are a credit to the club.
Bit unfair to be playing the likes of mark Murphy and leaving players who've played all season on the bench.

Two Touch
10/05/2012, 4:09 PM
Bit unfair to be playing the likes of mark Murphy and leaving players who've played all season on the bench.

Is there not a rule that says that once a player has played 'x' amount of Senior games then they can no longer play junior games?

Or maybe i have got that wrong?

AvondaleNutter
10/05/2012, 4:21 PM
Is there not a rule that says that once a player has played 'x' amount of Senior games then they can no longer play junior games?

Or maybe i have got that wrong?
Once you play 5 senior games then you're a senior player. Only 2 seniors can be named in the junior teams first 11

townhall tez
10/05/2012, 4:37 PM

Agreed,playing the likes of Murphy and O Sullivan who would get in to most senior sides is unfair,but i suppose their not breaking any rules. They have about ten subs every week but play two seniors anyway. This league win is tainted as many of the squad are not happy with the way they were treated.However there were no rules broken,many teams use two seniors.

Corinthians 365
10/05/2012, 5:04 PM
Agreed,playing the likes of Murphy and O Sullivan who would get in to most senior sides is unfair,but i suppose their not breaking any rules. They have about ten subs every week but play two seniors anyway. This league win is tainted as many of the squad are not happy with the way they were treated.However there were no rules broken,many teams use two seniors.

Show me a team that has won the junior league in recent years without playing one or two senior players in the big games v mount, hall, mayfield, etc, You do what you have to get across the winning line. The reason the juniors had so many subs is that the players are dedicated club men who put the club first and not themselves. They didn't pack it in or head off to other clubs like subs in some other squads. In any case, O'Sullivans heart is with the juniors. Plays senior only to keep the club happy!!

fifa
10/05/2012, 6:17 PM
Typical of Corinthians win at all costs attitude that seems to run right through the club well done all the same

townhall tez
10/05/2012, 8:22 PM
Show me a team that has won the junior league in recent years without playing one or two senior players in the big games v mount, hall, mayfield, etc, You do what you have to get across the winning line. The reason the juniors had so many subs is that the players are dedicated club men who put the club first and not themselves. They didn't pack it in or head off to other clubs like subs in some other squads. In any case, O'Sullivans heart is with the juniors. Plays senior only to keep the club happy!!

His heart must be at junior level alright,he won plenty at junior level with Douglas Hall!

ringmahon4ever
11/05/2012, 3:57 PM
do you not think its unfair on the two players that played all season ,get the team right up the top and then for the biggest game there dropped for two seniors.just doesnt seem right.why bother playing them if ye have around ten subs all ready.pointless really or was it just that ye wanted trophy that bad.congrats to the junior players on yere junior team for winning the league

ringmahon4ever
11/05/2012, 3:59 PM
final out the cross tomor night against everton a.should be a good game because there was nothing in the league games.i see cashmans are giving odds of ringmahon 5/4,,everton 7/4 and the draw is 9/4. anyone taking a trip out

Clifford
11/05/2012, 11:18 PM
Fermoy juniors beat Midleton 1-0 tonight up in Mayfield to win the Div 1 league title showdown. Fantastic season for the lads, great cup run and title now to go with promotion.

rebelraider
13/05/2012, 12:20 AM
well done to Ringmahon on their cup win against everton should have won the game in 90 minutes.from the start of extra time Everton were playing to take the game to penaties.

ringmahon4ever
13/05/2012, 12:13 PM
Yeah great win .it could of been a cricket.we had most of possession but missed some sitters.there keeper made some great saves during the game.your right they wanted penalties.kept slowing the game down and time wasting.horrible way to loose a match though.great sporting game but pity there wasn't a bigger crowd.onwards and upwards. Come on the Ringmahon :-)

Glenbuck
13/05/2012, 5:46 PM
Mark Murphy? Isn't he a senior player?Ricky O Sullivan as well but I think they are ok to play.

bluey
14/05/2012, 9:14 PM
Was up at the midleton game other night, well deserved win for Fermoy. There was a lot of unused bottles of champagne in the boot of a few midleton managment, i hope you kept the receipt for them Mighty Almighty!!!!!!!! My god that centre half has some mouth on him, if he had put more into his defending than mouthing that goal wouldnt of been conceded. Galaticos ended up with nothing after such a promising season.

villaman10
15/05/2012, 5:32 PM
Galaticos ended up with nothing after such a promising season.
didn't they gain promotion??

Mighty almighty
16/05/2012, 12:15 PM
Was up at the midleton game other night, well deserved win for Fermoy. There was a lot of unused bottles of champagne in the boot of a few midleton managment, i hope you kept the receipt for them Mighty Almighty!!!!!!!! My god that centre half has some mouth on him, if he had put more into his defending than mouthing that goal wouldnt of been conceded. Galaticos ended up with nothing after such a promising season.

Was at it aswell bluey,wouldn't exactly say Fermoy were well deserved,midleton did miss 3 1v1's in first 45min,or did ya not c the first half, keeper kept them in it,Fermoy worked really hard,can't reemember many chances created by Fermoy,midleton didn't create too many either in second half,knowing the midleton lads,alot if them had champagne in d car,why wouldn't they be confident of winning,there a good side.to be honest bluey if i was part of that team this year I would hav had some too,I'm lost over the centre-halv,didn't take much notice!!

carrigrock
17/05/2012, 8:00 PM
we did offer to buy the champagne from the midelton lads but they said no !!! :)

Clifford
04/06/2012, 11:24 AM
Congrats to the Fermoy junior team on being named MSL Junior team of the year. Incredible season for the lads.

Mighty almighty
04/06/2012, 4:02 PM
Congrats to the Fermoy junior team on being named MSL Junior team of the year. Incredible season for the lads.
Ya Clifford a great achievement for any clubs second team to reach a Munster junior cup final,and also winning the league as well....congrats on team of the year.

magpie
19/06/2012, 8:54 PM
East Cork Super Cup 5 a side Tornament.
Begins tuesday 10th of july at 7pm on Midleton grass pitches,each team gets a min of 4 games. A maximum of 2 senior players per team. Teams of 7 at 10 euro per man. All are welcome cobh lads are defending champions and it will take a good team to beat them. To enter email eastcorksupercup@gmail.com. A great tornament if your interested.

magpie
19/06/2012, 9:14 PM
East Cork Super Cup 5 a side Tornament.
Begins tuesday 10th of july at 7pm on Midleton grass pitches,each team gets a min of 4 games. A maximum of 2 senior players per team. Teams of 7 at 10 euro per man. All are welcome cobh lads are defending champions and it will take a good team to beat them. To enter email eastcorksupercup@gmail.com. A great tornament if your interested.
there is also an over 35 section included this year.