PDA

View Full Version : Galway make plans for Licence

A face
20/04/2004, 11:48 PM
Galway make plans for Licence

Galway United have announced plans to upgrade the facilities at Terryland Park in order for the club to become only the second club in the eircom League to obtain a Uefa ’A’ licence.

The club will host the Under-21 friendly between the Republic of Ireland and Scotland on May 25th and they are confident that the upgrade will be complete.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/first/story.asp?newsid=11013)

HarpoJoyce
21/04/2004, 12:16 AM
"I would like to thank everyone who helped most especially Philip Duffy from Nightguard and Peter Gilhooly who’s construction company have been most helpful," said Nagle.

This quote reads only a little bit disingenerous by Facilities Manager Foncie Nagle. Surely Peter Nagle's company built most of the improvements.

BTW what type of a name is Foncie anyway, I never came across it before.

Is he related to The Fonze of " The Happy Days"?

Can away supporters take Terryland Park seriously when their Facilities Manager is named Foncie?

As everyone knows with all Cat. 'A' grounds in this country. The only thing Cat 'A' about them is the inmates inside. That will please the "Mudja, the Mudja, the Mudjahideen".

Insha'llah I hope to be in Terryland Park in late June.

The Donie Forde
21/04/2004, 9:53 AM
[QUOTE=HarpoJoyce]"[I]BTW what type of a name is Foncie anyway, I never came across it before.

QUOTE]

Alphonsus, I assume - which is prob why he is happy to be called Foncie...

Donie