PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Carr playing for Ireland

ElSieteSecretos
20/04/2004, 8:35 PM
What is the problem with Stephen Carr ? I belive he no longer wishes to play for Ireland..

so what does everyone belive?

scouser
20/04/2004, 8:41 PM
What is the problem with Stephen Carr ? I belive he no longer wishes to play for Ireland..

so what does everyone belive?

Where do your hear this from?

ElSieteSecretos
20/04/2004, 9:36 PM
its is my opinion, because he has left training twices now ! The rumour mill is in full swing

NigeSausagepump
20/04/2004, 9:41 PM
He was quoted in one of the Sunday papers saying he was delighted that Keane was back and that he was looking forward to playing with him. Whatever the rights and wrongs about that statement, its hardly the words of someone who'll never play for Ireland again. He's also pretty sure of his starting spot, so I can't really see why he'd opt to leave at this stage unless he's had a major spat with Kerr.

ElSieteSecretos
21/04/2004, 8:09 AM
Carr the first to drop out of squad

SPURS defender Stephen Carr became the first player to withdraw from the Ireland squad last night.

Within minutes of the 24-man squad being announced Carr was pulled out because he has had a back injection and won't be fit enough to travel as he needs rest.

In addition to Roy Keane, there are recalls for Nick Colgan, David Connolly, Andy O'Brien, John O'Shea and Sunderland duo Jason McAteer and Gary Breen.

Manchester City's Richard Dunne hasn't been selected at the request of his club. Dunne has a groin problem which prevents him training between matches and needs an operation this summer.

If Keane makes it on the plane to Poland next Monday afternoon he will be on course to make his first appearance in an away friendly international since the game against Wales in 1997. Prior to that his last friendly appearance outside these islands was in May 1994 against Germany in Hanover.

SQUAD - Given (Newcastle), Colgan (Hibernian), Kenny (Sheff Utd), Maybury (Hearts), Cunningham (Birmingham), Doherty (Tottenham), Harte (Leeds), Carr (Tottenham), O'Brien (Newcastle), Breen (Sunderland), O'Shea (Man Utd), Miller (Celtic), Roy Keane (Man Utd), Reid (Nottm For), Holland (Charlton), Delap (Southampton), McAteer (Sunderland), Kinsella (West Brom), Kilbane (Everton), Duff (Chelsea), Lee (Cardiff), Connolly (West Ham), Robbie Keane (Tottenham), Morrison (Birmingham).

Gerry McDermott

drummerboy
21/04/2004, 8:45 AM
David Pleat pulled Steve Carr out of the squad.

NeilMcD
21/04/2004, 9:22 AM
I have never heard so much rubbish, Carr has missed the last games for spurs he has a back injury what do u want players to play when they are injured in meaningless friendlies. If you have nothing contructive to say about players say nothing, this is just rubbish

Ozymandias
21/04/2004, 9:30 AM
Carr had a bust up with Ian Harte and Kerr before the last friendly but it was nothing serious...the guy has been struggling with a back injury for spurs (probably from carrying the team) and hasn't really ben playing.....

I wouldn't rush to any conclusions yet lads.....

Chris Hughton is Irelands coach and Spurs coach...i'm sure if there is a problem he will iron it out

only1kilbane
21/04/2004, 10:51 AM
Jesus people these days seem to be jumping to conclusions just cause someone withdraws from the squad. The bloke is not fit came off for spurs at the weekend get over it !

Why would Carr not continue to play for us ?

Lionel Ritchie
21/04/2004, 1:09 PM
Jesus people these days seem to be jumping to conclusions just cause someone withdraws from the squad. The bloke is not fit came off for spurs at the weekend get over it !

Why would Carr not continue to play for us ?

Christ!!! ...Nice work if you can get it I'm thinkin'... :D

ElSieteSecretos
22/04/2004, 8:37 AM
yeah, but the last time he went back to spurs with an injury he played !!

ElSieteSecretos
23/04/2004, 2:06 PM
What does everybody think about Alan Maybury challaging Carr for his position ? I felt he had a Sold performance against the cheq republic

drummerboy
23/04/2004, 2:18 PM
Although he played well against the Czech Republic he is simply not in the same class as Carr and Finnan.