PDA

View Full Version : Harps on Friday/Saturday???

poster
10/08/2010, 2:07 PM
Lads, is yer game V Harps been switched to this Friday 8pm, or have I the wrong info?

De Town
10/08/2010, 4:04 PM
Apparently it's on Friday alright. I'm unsure of the kick off time though.

Battery Rover
10/08/2010, 4:44 PM
Apparently it's on Friday alright. I'm unsure of the kick off time though.

Friday 8pm as are all your home games from now

outspoken
10/08/2010, 7:51 PM
Longford Town v Finn Harps

Please be advised that the above Airtricity League First Division fixture, originally scheduled for Saturday August 14th, will now take place on Friday, 13th August at Flancare Park with a kick-off time of 8.00 pm.

taken from airtricity league website

this is blx imo il still be there but causes a huge inconvenience

Martinho II
10/08/2010, 7:57 PM
Friday 8pm as are all your home games from now

so this is for the rest of the season. It doenst effect me too much as I am out of work in time..but as for others...

Macy
11/08/2010, 7:48 AM
It'll be interesting to see how it goes, but I wouldn't be judging it on the first game given the apparent short notice. I guess we'll see how it plays out the next few months. Unless there's a really big drop off, the club should stick it out for the season. And good to see they've gone for an 8pm kick off time.

Sam_Heggy
11/08/2010, 7:52 AM
NOT HAPPY.

Ye are also losing out on a decent away gate as we had at least 50 going down for Saturday night but I would be surprised if there was over 10 (at max) there now from us.

After the numerous requests by Harps to keep this game on the Saturday (due to a big fundraiser on Friday night) it was still re-fixed for Friday. BALLS. :(

I hope even more so now that we hammer ye 10-0 and Cousins gets the boot for being a big hoorbag ;)

harpstilidie
11/08/2010, 4:11 PM
Very few fans are going to travel now because of our fundraiser at Finn Park on friday night. Better off supporting our vital fundraiser.

I was intending on travelling down on the Saturday but can't now and I'm not the only one!

Martinho II
11/08/2010, 7:51 PM
Very few fans are going to travel now because of our fundraiser at Finn Park on friday night. Better off supporting our vital fundraiser.

I was intending on travelling down on the Saturday but can't now and I'm not the only one!

I know how ye feel lads. We were scheduled to play youths on the sunday only found out in the week of the match that it was switched to the friday and I couldnt get time off work:mad:

RonnieB
13/08/2010, 8:09 AM
Wont make the game tonight, by the time I get out of work and down to Longford its a nono :( Friday nights are the worst night for me!

outspoken
13/08/2010, 10:49 AM
we might soon be under the 100 supporters mark the way things are going........anyone know how many was at the Salthill game last week?

Acornvilla
13/08/2010, 1:33 PM
we might soon be under the 100 supporters mark the way things are going........anyone know how many was at the Salthill game last week?
well over 200 anyway

outspoken
13/08/2010, 2:15 PM
not bad i suppose lets see how many we have tonight

L.T.F.C.
14/08/2010, 1:45 AM
Get in!

outspoken
14/08/2010, 11:20 AM
GET IN THERE!!!!!! and well done section O your in fine voice ya sound all ready for Rovers game

poster
14/08/2010, 12:33 PM
Harps right full was decent. We should beat them comfortably in the cup. Probably not though :( The standard in football between some of the teams in the Premier and the First is incredible :(

Acornvilla
14/08/2010, 12:49 PM
how do you rate us poster?

poster
14/08/2010, 1:18 PM
Don't think ye'll go anywhere with Cousin's tbh. Hope I'm wrong though, the LoI NEEDS a strong Longford Town. When John Lester's your key player, I wouldn't hold much hope for a few years. Cowen and the Jason lad look good, if ye can keep them. Still think ye should be 10 points or so further up that league.

Acornvilla
14/08/2010, 1:25 PM
well we have the habit of say drawing with salthill or loosing to mervue, athlone,wexford and harps at least once a season and until we cut that out were going nowhere, but i think 7th place would be a decent finish especially considering we came 9th last year

i hope we hold onto cousins for next season and keep the core of this team together and see what he can do next year and i think top 6 is achievable and lets see where we go from there

outspoken
14/08/2010, 4:51 PM
Overall it was a fairly dull game and we didn't play overly well but 3 points is 3 points and anything against Monaghan next week would be a huge bonus

Acornvilla
14/08/2010, 5:15 PM
i actually taught it was one of the better games i've seen this year both teams were playing some football in patches in between the hoofing game

we were very good after we got the goal

Martinho II
14/08/2010, 7:40 PM
the reason why section o was so good was that the elder statesmen were back together for the first time in ages.. I still can't believe that Harps missed that sitter and Hynes scored that screamer!

I thought that the two roches and mick lee were excellent and I think in Craig Walsh we have a serious passer of the ball some of his balls were a joy to watch!

whats even better is at long last in the league tables on aertel and the tabloids we are finally ahead of youths after youths finally got their points deducted! yes!:D

Acornvilla
14/08/2010, 9:38 PM
7th is the new 1st

pineapple stu
14/08/2010, 9:41 PM
So instead of "The League of Ireland's upside-down", is it now "The League of Ireland's fallen foul of that fog that turns people and league tables inside-out?" Bit hard to fit it into the meter though.

outspoken
15/08/2010, 9:13 AM
t
I thought that the two roches and mick lee were excellent and I think in Craig Walsh we have a serious passer of the ball some of his balls were a joy to watch!

I have to agree with you on the roches and lee but I thought Walsh was poor when he came on but remember hes only played 30 min of football for the Town so it would be unfair to judge him on just that , he can be a star for us!!!!

Acornvilla
15/08/2010, 3:12 PM
walsh was really good kieran, his positioning was fantastic he was always free and harps couldn't mark him

if his free had gone in you'd be saying how amazing he is, and he can pass the ball thats for sure

watching him at half time both the last 2 games his passing and touch are immaculate and he was pinging shots into the top corner and off the post from all angles

as for lee roach was he the lad who lived offside for the entire match??

outspoken
15/08/2010, 5:47 PM
Yes his free was good but that doesn't make a performance ....you reckon he was good I reckon not thats the beauty of football.

"watching him at half time both the last 2 games his passing and touch are immaculate and he was pinging shots into the top corner and off the post from all angles"

and ye sure his touch and accuracy is amazing but anyone can look good at half time having a bit of a kick around its what you do in the game that matters but like I said earlier im sure he can be a star 4 us.

Acornvilla
15/08/2010, 10:41 PM
well lets just say in the 30 minutes i've seen he looks a better player with a lot more potential than anyone else in the squad

Macy
16/08/2010, 8:19 AM
And how was the attendance - up, down or about the same?

Acornvilla
16/08/2010, 12:16 PM
same maybe 20 or 30 less than salthill game

outspoken
16/08/2010, 1:08 PM
were not going to get attendances up no matter what day we put it on only results/big games will bring in a crowd and we have Rovers and Liverpool coming up now so hopefully we can make a bit of dough...

Tallanted
16/08/2010, 4:52 PM
Yes his free was good but that doesn't make a performance ....you reckon he was good I reckon not thats the beauty of football.

"watching him at half time both the last 2 games his passing and touch are immaculate and he was pinging shots into the top corner and off the post from all angles"

and ye sure his touch and accuracy is amazing but anyone can look good at half time having a bit of a kick around its what you do in the game that matters but like I said earlier im sure he can be a star 4 us.

Are you serious??????
He played outta position for 30 minutes, has been on loan for 3 weeks now hasnt really played for us, he didn't do anything wrong in his performance, read the post again he never said the free made his performance he was talking bout his all round play and only mentioned what he was doing at half time. Hmmm to say he was poor is ridiculous to be honest. Also the beauty of football and opinions is you can be wrong too whether its an opinion or not!