PDA

View Full Version : Unity Cup

finlma
20/04/2004, 4:16 PM
Has anyone heard anything more on this tri-nation cup in London at the end of May? Someone suggested that it might be on in Southampton. The Nigerian FA seem to be the only ones who've said it's going ahead.

Ref
20/04/2004, 4:36 PM
Has anyone heard anything more on this tri-nation cup in London at the end of May? Someone suggested that it might be on in Southampton. The Nigerian FA seem to be the only ones who've said it's going ahead.

yeah apparently it's on in Southampton in early June with Jamaica as the third team.

i've tried for tickets but nothing confirmed yet.

Sheridan
20/04/2004, 4:39 PM
Southampton have denied any knowledge of the event. Sounds like a flyer from the Nigerian FA.

eirebhoy
20/04/2004, 4:59 PM
Southampton have denied any knowledge of the event. Sounds like a flyer from the Nigerian FA.
Every newspaper I've read about the Keane comeback have mentioned the Nigeria and Jamacia matches in their articles. All of them said they are going ahead.

Sheridan
20/04/2004, 5:01 PM
Every newspaper I've read about the Keane comeback have mentioned the Nigeria and Jamacia matches in their articles. All of them said they are going ahead.
No doubt the tournament is, but not at Saint Mary's according to Southampton.

Ref
20/04/2004, 5:04 PM
No doubt the tournament is, but not at Saint Mary's according to Southampton.

Upton Park was mentioned previously.

Give me Southampton's spanking new stadium any day.

ElSieteSecretos
20/04/2004, 5:18 PM
Do you think we Can we win ?

I think so !! :) :) :)

sylvo
20/04/2004, 8:59 PM
They are going to announce this week if it is on or not for us, the new venue that has been chucked into the hat is Loftus rd Shepards bush, Jamacia and Nigeria have confirmed they are deffently playing it.

lopez
20/04/2004, 10:08 PM
They are going to announce this week if it is on or not for us, the new venue that has been chucked into the hat is Loftus rd Shepards bush, Jamacia and Nigeria have confirmed they are deffently playing it.
This is more like it hombre. :D :D We can have some cassava, okra and curried goat with a few bottles of that 20% abv Guinness those geezers brew out in Lagos, before the games. All you get in Southampton is Fish 'n' f*cking chips and scrumpy. :rolleyes:

finlma
20/04/2004, 10:17 PM

Not Loftus Road, you can't see one of the goals when you're in the away end, terrible stadium. I'm hoping for Upton Park myself.

sylvo
21/04/2004, 11:51 AM
This is more like it hombre. :D :D We can have some cassava, okra and curried goat with a few bottles of that 20% abv Guinness those geezers brew out in Lagos, before the games. All you get in Southampton is Fish 'n' f*cking chips and scrumpy. :rolleyes:

It's not just curried goat that get's served up round that part of the hood, as our buddy DB has told us.
Yes i have to admit i'd prefer upton park myself, last time i was there was for that freindly Ireland played against west aaammm, and we took over their north bank, but in a nice way not a Boh's- Rover's kind of way.

Plastic Paddy
21/04/2004, 11:59 AM
Not Loftus Road, you can't see one of the goals when you're in the away end, terrible stadium. I'm hoping for Upton Park myself.

What? Loftus Road is the ideal choice. (Besides, I live ten minutes' walk away... ;) )

:D PP

Junior
21/04/2004, 12:09 PM
Yes i have to admit i'd prefer upton park myself, last time i was there was for that freindly Ireland played against west aaammm, and we took over their north bank, but in a nice way not a Boh's- Rover's kind of way.

remember bumping in to you outside that one Sylv, gathered the remains of our half swallyed bottles of buckie that we had stored safely in a bush.

Pre world cup 94 chants of 'gonna send you a postcard' went down well with the knuckeldragging locals :p ;)

finlma
21/04/2004, 12:22 PM
What? Loftus Road is the ideal choice. (Besides, I live ten minutes' walk away... ;) )

:D PP

The Valley would do nicely for me, a short train ride from my abode. Rather that than the Den anyway. Upton Park is a happy compromise, you west-siders can make the dangerous journey east.

lopez
21/04/2004, 12:29 PM
It's not just curried goat that get's served up round that part of the hood, as our buddy DB has told us.
Yeah DB likes his goat with more seasoning than my employers are willing to tolerate me having. As for West Ham? Don't like that part of the world although I used to do Tae Kwon Do down the road on some sink estate in Poplar in the eighties with a workmate who taught it and there was some interesting graffiti on the walls which wouldn't have looked out of place in nationalist West Belfast. It's just that it's thin on curried goat and heavy on pie'n'mash and jellied eels. No thanks!

sylvo
22/04/2004, 10:11 AM
remember bumping in to you outside that one Sylv, gathered the remains of our half swallyed bottles of buckie that we had stored safely in a bush.

Pre world cup 94 chants of 'gonna send you a postcard' went down well with the knuckeldragging locals :p ;)

That's right hoss met up with yer good self and mr keane, M Keane not R Keane that is and also if i remember the brother of a famous musical family that day, good craic that day if only LR could have half that buzz that was in Upton Park that day, and some of the native's were a little shocked to see their spot on the terrace already taken as well.