PDA

View Full Version : Eddie gone..

centre mid
09/08/2010, 4:34 PM
Not surprising I suppose
here (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=1&tt_news=1077)

superfrank
09/08/2010, 4:36 PM
Now we'll see if anyone else can do any better with this squad.

outspoken
09/08/2010, 4:45 PM
I know alot of Bray fans didnt like him and wanted him out but I thought he did a good job especially in the circumstances and I had a feeling the 4-0 cup defeat would do him in but Id have him as Town manager any day

Cabinteelygull
09/08/2010, 4:47 PM
Will Devo or Keith Long be in charge so till the end of the season??

superfrank
09/08/2010, 4:53 PM
I imagine it'll have to be someone who won't mind Devo pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Cabinteelygull
09/08/2010, 4:57 PM
Should he not just be installed as manager then? If that's going to be the case

rocket
09/08/2010, 7:14 PM
Now we'll see if anyone else can do any better with this squad.
What we need now is somebody who can give this team a bit of belief and sort us out tactically, cant see many suitable candidates for the job throwing their names in the hat. Gary Zambra and Adrian Kearns are 2 top coaches associated with the club, maybe they could do a job for the remainder of the season.:confused:

tippex
09/08/2010, 7:56 PM
What we need now is somebody who can give this team a bit of belief and sort us out tactically, cant see many suitable candidates for the job throwing their names in the hat. Gary Zambra and Adrian Kearns are 2 top coaches associated with the club, maybe they could do a job for the remainder of the season.:confused:

As has been proven in the past good coaches don't neccessarily make good managers. Any chance rico would step in for the remainder?

Stevo Da Gull
09/08/2010, 9:47 PM
Thanks Eddie for everything you have given to the club and best of luck in the future. It's a shame that it had to end this way for a club legend but it doesn't take away from what he's given the club.

Moving forward, the manager's job is actually a good seat to be in between now and the end of the season. If the next manager saves us, they will be a hero, whereas if we finish bottom he won't get the blame. Previous to the Shels game this team had picked up in form (6 points from seven games as opposed to 4 points from 15 games) and we do have the players to increase our points tally by quite a way between now and the ned of the season.

Seagull
09/08/2010, 9:47 PM
As has been proven in the past good coaches don't neccessarily make good managers. Any chance rico would step in for the remainder?

Thanks to Eddie for his time at Wanderers, both as player and manager. I thought he got the team playing a good brand of football, but got a raw deal this season and now he's paid the price. The Shels game was probably the final straw really. The manager seemed to take all the blame this season, the players on the pitch absolved of responsibility. Some posters on this forum covered themselves in glory with personalized, vitriolic and barely literate abuse, the man deserved better.

The Fox
09/08/2010, 10:02 PM
Here Here - thanks to Eddie, he gave playing and managing his best shot.
I remeber him playing very well for us in 87/88 and then when he came back, the year we nearly won the league especially.
We should also remember that he had a great season as a manager a couple of years ago and was linked with bigger jobs at that stage.

Best of luck in the future Eddie

SupaJon
10/08/2010, 8:59 AM
Any chance of Robbie Doyle coming back?

lowflyingseagul
10/08/2010, 10:47 AM
think he was playing for one of the brayzil teams at the weekend along with collie james

Roo69
10/08/2010, 11:02 AM
think he was playing for one of the brayzil teams at the weekend along with collie james

Ardmore Rovers Senior Team

KK77
10/08/2010, 1:20 PM
Any chance of Robbie Doyle coming back?

Hopefully not. It's forward we are trying to go now not backwards. Eddie made the right call dumping him the first time just a pity he had no real choice but to bring him back. Suppose circumstances dictated he had no other choice. Hope to god we don't appoint Devo either but couldn't see him taking it. His time is long gone.

Roo69
10/08/2010, 1:24 PM
Hope to god we don't appoint Devo either but couldn't see him taking it. His time is long gone.

Who would you like to see take over Rafa?

KK77
10/08/2010, 2:35 PM
Who would you like to see take over Rafa?

Alan Matthews.

Roo69
10/08/2010, 2:53 PM
Alan Matthews.

Would have liked to have seen that myself but seeing as he is the new Shels manager i can't see that happening.

If Johnny McDonnell could incorperate the Faroe's job and Bray job easy then i think that could be a decent appointment too.

Bray Head
10/08/2010, 3:25 PM
Bray have never appointed a manager from outside. John Holmes, Tony McGuirke and Eddie all came from within. Maybe now is the time for an outsider. I don't think the timing is right for Keith Long or Adrian Cairns to take over as they are only new in management.

tippex
10/08/2010, 3:25 PM
what chance of that happening though? especially with qualifiers around the corner.

KK77
11/08/2010, 8:45 AM
Would have liked to have seen that myself but seeing as he is the new Shels manager i can't see that happening.

If Johnny McDonnell could incorperate the Faroe's job and Bray job easy then i think that could be a decent appointment too.

Didn't know he was the new Shels manager. Ahh well that's him gone so. McDonnell is a good shout and no reason why he couldn't do both.

Bry Boy
11/08/2010, 8:56 AM
I heard Devo was apointed yesterday must be no truth in that.

lowflyingseagul
11/08/2010, 10:56 AM
this club has learned nothing , in the last couple of seasons he was manager he missed quite a few games due to buisness commitments . long ball football

KK77
11/08/2010, 1:38 PM
this club has learned nothing , in the last couple of seasons he was manager he missed quite a few games due to buisness commitments . long ball football

Now you said it.

pineapple stu
11/08/2010, 2:01 PM
McDonnell is a good shout and no reason why he couldn't do both.
You don't see any reason why he couldn't work in Bray and in the Faroe Islands at the same time?

SupaJon
11/08/2010, 2:24 PM
You don't see any reason why he couldn't work in Bray and in the Faroe Islands at the same time?

The Dart runs from Bray to the Faroes now Stu.

KK77
11/08/2010, 2:56 PM

Sorry didn't realise he was living full time in the Faroe Islands all year round! Assumed he was based over there for games only!

KK77
11/08/2010, 2:57 PM

Does it really didn't know that!

Bry Boy
11/08/2010, 3:02 PM
is there any speculation of any manager taking over.

pineapple stu
11/08/2010, 3:17 PM
I suppose they are both cold, damp windswept hellholes with little going for them. :p

I'm assuming he's at least based a fair bit of the time in the Faroes; they're looking after the underage set up as well as far as I know (and doing a very good job of it, it seems)

KK77
11/08/2010, 3:36 PM
I suppose they are both cold, damp windswept hellholes with little going for them. :p

I'm assuming he's at least based a fair bit of the time in the Faroes; they're looking after the underage set up as well as far as I know (and doing a very good job of it, it seems)

Grand thanks for setting the record straight on that. Only thought of him myself assuming he wasn't living there full-time and they hadn't got summer football. So that's Johnny gone anyone for Roddy Collins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SupaJon
11/08/2010, 7:32 PM
anyone for Roddy Collins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure why not.

At least make our pending relegation more interesting!

peadar1987
11/08/2010, 10:05 PM
Sure why not.

At least make our pending relegation more interesting!

It'd also make the entire rest of the LOI hate us with a passion!

SupaJon
12/08/2010, 9:47 AM
It'd also make the entire rest of the LOI hate us with a passion!

It'd make a change from them feeling sorry for us.....

jonboy
13/08/2010, 3:50 PM
roddy will fire them up ....give em the job

Roo69
13/08/2010, 5:18 PM
AFAIK its Devo and Longer until the end of the season

peadar1987
13/08/2010, 8:14 PM
Who's wearing the trousers in the dugout tonight?

notever
13/08/2010, 10:32 PM
Me thinks that would be a good choice.Let them have a go and see what they can do.