PDA

View Full Version : Shels Thugs (their players that is)

SÓC
20/04/2004, 1:42 PM
Can some one explain how he was allowed stay on the pitch after this

http://www.eirways.com/citynet/gallery/20040412_shelbourne/9_G

and this

http://www.eirways.com/citynet/gallery/20040412_shelbourne/8_G

Éanna
20/04/2004, 1:47 PM
wouldn't expect any better from them

NorthoftheLee
20/04/2004, 1:54 PM
Can some one explain how he was allowed stay on the pitch after this

http://www.eirways.com/citynet/gallery/20040412_shelbourne/9_G

and this

http://www.eirways.com/citynet/gallery/20040412_shelbourne/8_G

ollie byrne and brown envelopes prehaps??? :eek: :D

Ref
20/04/2004, 2:43 PM
ah but did ye see http://www.eirways.com/citynet/gallery/20040412_shelbourne/12_G

SÓC
20/04/2004, 2:51 PM
ah but did ye see http://www.eirways.com/citynet/gallery/20040412_shelbourne/12_G

Yup saw it.

Nwankwo has cleared the ball, going for the ball, both the players are looking to where the ball is gone. He didnt connect with the Shels player. Lets be nitpicky and give an in-direct free to the Shels player for a high leg.

Harris (I think) has Bennett is a head lock trying to choke him. What the fcuk were the linesmans and the 4th Official doing during this? Why wasnt he sent off?

Ref
20/04/2004, 2:53 PM
Harris (I think) has Bennett is a head lock trying to choke him. What the fcuk were the linesmans and the 4th Official doing during this? Why wasnt he sent off?

send the pictures to the club and ask them to do something about it.

Colm
20/04/2004, 4:44 PM
As Dolan said in the Echo last week "Shelbourne is rotten to the core, there is a nastiness about them right from their chairman down".

Shels players are the biggest bunch of thugs in the league (rivalled very closely by Waterford), their manager is a little knacker and their chairman is a corrupt criminal and a real nasty piece of work. In fact Ollie Byrne is probably the single worst thing about the el.

adamcarr
20/04/2004, 5:01 PM
Nwankwo has cleared the ball, going for the ball, both the players are looking to where the ball is gone
How do you know Harris has not just slipped and started strangling Benno by mistake ;)

Blue Muff
20/04/2004, 5:21 PM
Its official CC are the biggest wingers in the league - yee are playing crap and blaming every other team for cheating. I thought it was just us but it seems yee are just following Fat Pats lead in making excuses.

Keep going the way yee are in up for relegation

A face
20/04/2004, 5:44 PM
Is there an authority in the league where fans can highlight this kinda stuff.

City try and play football and every is on their back for it, surely that isn't right.

jofyisgod
20/04/2004, 6:01 PM
http://www.eirways.com/citynet/gallery/20040412_shelbourne/12_G

:D :D Wouldn't we all love to do that sure. Dolan's right though, just a club of pure scum, from Oily in the boardroom to JuD£$ on the pitch.
That Banno pic is laughable, that's the kinda thing you'd expect in the WWF, no the eL.
I've said it before, but i'll say it again, Any other league in the world, something would have been done, etc...

jofyisgod
20/04/2004, 8:17 PM
Its the WWE now biy! :D

My sincerest apologies to the World Wildlife Fund and to World Wrestling Entertainment for any harrassment caused. :rolleyes:

SÓC
20/04/2004, 9:34 PM
Wasnt there something about video evidence last season.

Might have been the first division, but I think the eL used it to suspend someone.

Éanna
21/04/2004, 6:18 PM
Its official CC are the biggest wingers in the league - yee are playing crap and blaming every other team for cheating. I thought it was just us but it seems yee are just following Fat Pats lead in making excuses.

Keep going the way yee are in up for relegation
don't forget Pats, or is it ok for them to point out that your team is a shower of violent cheating thugs because Pat Dolan isn't their manager? :rolleyes:

Go home and stick your head in a Blah you moronic south leinster cretin

Éanna
21/04/2004, 6:20 PM
grand. suppose Nwankwo was karate-kicking the dublin filth. send him off for it and send the other rodent off as well. No city fans are looking for favouritism, we just want the officials to do their jobs.

what would you have done in those two cases ref? maybe if you explain it to us we might understand

Éanna
21/04/2004, 6:22 PM
bottom line is that Shels get away with things for two reasons:

1) their players are very good at doing these things when the refs not looking- can't fault the refs there.

2) Refs seem afraid of shels, probably because they know Ollie "Criminal" Byrne will be on their backs if they penalise his shower of thugs too much, and who'd want that

Colm
21/04/2004, 6:28 PM
Did anyone hear Dolan on el weekly? He was talking about the Shels game and out of the blue adopted a kinda sarcastic tone and said "you know at Shelbourne they're such lovely people". Brilliant! :D

SÓC
22/04/2004, 12:59 PM
grand. suppose Nwankwo was karate-kicking the dublin filth. send him off for it and send the other rodent off as well. No city fans are looking for favouritism, we just want the officials to do their jobs.

what would you have done in those two cases ref? maybe if you explain it to us we might understand

Thing is though if you look at it closely Nwankwo doesnt even touch the fella.

I suppose maybe Harris just finds Bennett very attractive.

The Sheliban
22/04/2004, 1:18 PM
Just a couple of points. Are Cork fans really so naive that its only Shels who indulge in off-the ball incidents? In my experience, every team does it.
No 2, I take great resentment to Dolan's statement that Shels are rotten from the Chairman down. In what way am I, and the rest of the fans rotten?
Sweeping generalisations might endear him to the fans, but cheap insults seem to indicate he's not much of a man.

SÓC
22/04/2004, 1:40 PM
Just a couple of points. Are Cork fans really so naive that its only Shels who indulge in off-the ball incidents? In my experience, every team does it.
No 2, I take great resentment to Dolan's statement that Shels are rotten from the Chairman down. In what way am I, and the rest of the fans rotten?
Sweeping generalisations might endear him to the fans, but cheap insults seem to indicate he's not much of a man.

God no. I dont think anyone said that only Shels are involved. Shels just do it more and get away with it more.

Fenlon won a lot playing the way he did. It's only a continuation that he'd get his sides to play in the same 'style'.

Remember Heary and the Ref at the Cross last season. Heary on Dolan on the side line. Harris caught on camera. Some of the "tackles" that Rodgers and Byrne put in. Alleged racists remarks directed at the City bench. Ollie Cahill giving the Shed the finger last season. Then yer Chairman. I dont know what Dolan ment by rotten from the chairman down, but if he ment the Chairman, the Coaching staff and the players I'd say he's bloody right.

I wouldnt agree if he included the fans. To be fair the Shels fans, whilst not being very noisy, had one of the best shows of colour we've seen at the Cross by an away team in a few seasons.

razor
22/04/2004, 1:41 PM

Relax Boy !
He was only referring to the people employed by the club not the other half dozen that support them.
;)

Colm
22/04/2004, 1:46 PM
In what way am I, and the rest of the fans rotten

Do ye condone Ollie Byrne's existence?

bigfoot
22/04/2004, 2:03 PM
Cork City fans are full of sour-grapes and always have been! Sore loosers who cant take yer beatings!

Up the Dublin teams!

Let the "Dublin Dominance" go on!

Éanna
22/04/2004, 2:11 PM
Its not only Shels, Waaaaaaaaaaterford, Longford and other do it too. Shels are just better at it and seem to get away with it more. Shels are rotten from the Chairman down- wouldn't surprise me if the tea-lady was a miserable oul **** :rolleyes: Look at it from an objective viewpoint:
Ollie Byrne- a violent bully who has attacked opposition fans.
Pat Fenlon (and before him Keely)- nasty individuals both who's footballing philosophy was based on kicking the opposition and ball as hard and as high as possible.
Players- Heary, Rogers (before them Geoghegan, Fenlon)- players who epitomised the Keely/Fenlon philosophy. masters at sly elbows, kicks and assault.
The Soul of Shelbourne FC- forever tainted by the continued relationship it shares with Man Utd, and hardly a whimper of protest from the fans.

SÓC
22/04/2004, 2:14 PM
Sore loosers who cant take yer beatings!

Thats the whole point my friend. We are here to play football, as are other teams. Shels are here to dish out beatings of the physcial kind and get away with it. How can we be expected to play football when Shels players get away with GBH on the pitch.

opps, the lawyers are watching....:rolleyes:

ConfusedBlue
22/04/2004, 2:55 PM
Cork City the biggest showers of moaning,whingeing c***s!!!Talk about sour grapes,look if ye can't hack the pace in the league withdraw from from it and go off and play in the Munster Senior League(sorry that should be Cork and District Senior League).That way ye'd have a Munster senior League title to go with yere Munster Senior Cup,the only silverware yere likely to see in a long while!!!!

Go home and stick your head in a Blah you moronic south leinster cretin
Would'nt ye just love that becuse then ye could actually rightly lay claim to being the best team in Munster!!!!!!!!!!

Fridy night the Blues take their rightful place at the pinnacle of Irish football,i hope you Cork boys will be watching!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

SÓC
22/04/2004, 3:36 PM
It is only those who have a liking for S&M who will enjoy watching Waaaahhhhherrrrrford play Shels are such are the 'styles of play' both teams use.

run along, I think your blaaaa is burning

tiktok
22/04/2004, 3:38 PM
i hope you Cork boys will be watching!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

nah! there's a real game on at the cross. thank god we only have to watch you lot four times a year.

razor
23/04/2004, 7:35 AM
withdraw from from it and go off and play in the Munster Senior League(sorry that should be Cork and District Senior League).

Cork clubs cannot be held responsible for the fact that Waterford teams are not good enough to play at senior level in the MSL.
I mean fair play to Tralee at least they gave it a go for a few seasons.
And if you think they are good enough then bring 'em on.
;)

Éanna
26/04/2004, 2:55 PM
Would'nt ye just love that becuse then ye could actually rightly lay claim to being the best team in Munster!!!!!!!!!!

we do lay claim to it and we are the best team in munster. last season's league table confirms that. now bog off

ConfusedBlue
26/04/2004, 3:10 PM
Cork clubs cannot be held responsible for the fact that Waterford teams are not good enough to play at senior level in the MSL.
Yeah which is why our own Carrick United are into the final of the FAI Junior Cup,semi-final of the Munster Senior Cup,quarter final of the Munster Junior Cup!!Now where are all those great Cork(Munster Senior League) teams?????

nah! there's a real game on at the cross. thank god we only have to watch you lot four times a year.
Must of been a great game to watch.Cork struggle against 10 man Drogheda to earn a point at home.That must of finally put paid to ye're title winning aspirations!!!!

Éanna
26/04/2004, 3:18 PM
Must of been a great game to watch.Cork struggle against 10 man Drogheda to earn a point at home.
its called supporting your team :rolleyes:

That must of finally put paid to ye're title winning aspirations!!!!
at least we have aspirations other than beating the nearest team to us in the league once or twice a season. :rolleyes:

razor
26/04/2004, 3:23 PM
Yeah which is why our own Carrick United are into the final of the FAI Junior Cup,semi-final of the Munster Senior Cup,quarter final of the Munster Junior Cup!!Now where are all those great Cork(Munster Senior League) teams!!

For starters Senior Teams don't play in junior cup competitions.
As for the MSC , City have eliminated all the MSL teams from this.
While Carrick took care of our neighbours from Cobh. :D

I think you'll also find Carrick are in the final of the Munster Junior Cup against Clonmel Town. Its in Ozier Park next weekend. ;)

Confused Blue is right.
:D

Gary
26/04/2004, 6:03 PM
Are those Waterford fans still celebrating beating City? :rolleyes:

Éanna
27/04/2004, 11:24 AM
Are those Waterford fans still celebrating beating City? :rolleyes:
what did you expect? its not like they had anything else to hope for this season. let them enjoy it

ConfusedBlue
28/04/2004, 7:03 PM
No we're celebrating the fact that we're 2nd in the table and to achieve that we did'nt need to spend the average GNP of a small African nation unlike some EL clubs!!!

patsh
28/04/2004, 7:54 PM
No we're celebrating the fact that we're 2nd in the table and to achieve that we did'nt need to spend the average GNP of a small African nation unlike some EL clubs!!!
As usual, when you don't have anything sensible to say, its always useful to fall back on some ridiculous, ill-informed sarcasm.... :rolleyes:

Éanna
29/04/2004, 2:24 PM
would i be right in thinking that City have not paid any transfer fees over the close season? What have we actually spent on players since Dolan arrived? All the speculation about us waving 500€ notes at every player we see is jealousy over our excellent sponsorship deal IMO

vito_golightly
29/04/2004, 3:26 PM
would i be right in thinking that City have not paid any transfer fees over the close season? What have we actually spent on players since Dolan arrived? All the speculation about us waving 500€ notes at every player we see is jealousy over our excellent sponsorship deal IMO

I was literally just thinking this yesterday - the cost of actually buying a player would far outweigh the combined extra money we have spent on new players wages - if you factor players who have moved on into the wage bill (ie they've helped to balance somewhat), then confused blue's GNP comment looks even more discrimantory than it already is.

it's these kind of rubbishy misconceptions that causes some of the ridiculous rants that have been dominating foot.ie of late.