PDA

View Full Version : rovers scum

rebelnorrie
20/04/2004, 12:40 PM
anybody that was watchin el weekly last nite would've seen the scum that follow rovers at their very best.....what complete and utter knacker rats follow that excuse for a team....no other team in the league needs riot police in full gear standing in amoungst the supporters.

soccer and the league to these thugs is only an excuse and a front to fight and cause trouble......this isnt a new revelation,they threw numerous missiles onto the pitch at players and the ref,they fought with the guards and with fans outside the ground.....i would urge the FAI to look at their supporters,enforce bans,fines and prosecute offenders....AND i would also urge everybody that will be at the drogs game this friday to catch whatever scumbags are throwning bottles/cans onto the pitch at players to either self-police the problem or bring it to stewards attention before we can be branded with a similar name of having troublesome fans

Éanna
20/04/2004, 12:44 PM
by all accounts bohs fans were involved in the trouble outside the ground as well. The whole thing was a mess and its high time somebody sorted it out. the FAI should sit down with the gardaí supporters and the clubs and try and get this sorted for once and for all. Its terrible publicity for the clubs and for the whole league. As for what you said about bottles at the Cross, it just goes to prove that all clubs have their problems- and i agree whatever we can do to stop this crap must be done

rebelnorrie
20/04/2004, 1:02 PM
but then u have tossers like noel king and collins on the tv saying that it was only emotions of supporters during these matches between dublin teams that causes this trouble,complete rubbish,its scum that causes trouble no football.....but then u look on the pitch at what happened after the match,assaulting of the ref by players was in my eyes no different to assaulting the guards as the supporters did,the FAI need to look deeper then the terracres to find the problem at rovers

ConfusedBlue
20/04/2004, 1:28 PM
i think the fai are talking about banning both supporters for away games.although im totally in favour of banning the culprits i still would like to see both sets of fans at the cross.you need away fans to get the home fans singing and improves the atmosphere.
I think you'll find what they meant was banning away fans from the ground for games between Bohs and Rovers,not as you seem to think all away games involving either side.
As for the trouble that took place,I don't believe that is actually the genuine Bohs-Rovers fans involved.Some of those involved in what took place probably donat attend another game all year but just show up for this one looking for trouble.There was talk all last week of Rovers scum after arranging to join up with Cliftonville supporters to arrange a "meet" with some of the Bohs pond-scum!!It was the same for the FAI cup final 2 years back between Derry and Rovers.The Gardai arrested Millwall "supporters" just after stepping off the ferry on their way to a "meet" with Rovers scum again! :confused:

Éanna
20/04/2004, 1:39 PM
but then u have tossers like noel king and collins on the tv saying that it was only emotions of supporters during these matches between dublin teams that causes this trouble,complete rubbish,its scum that causes trouble no football.....but then u look on the pitch at what happened after the match,assaulting of the ref by players was in my eyes no different to assaulting the guards as the supporters did,the FAI need to look deeper then the terracres to find the problem at rovers
the majority of what happened was heat of the moment stuff. look at the dan connor incident at the cross last season! its the stuff outside the ground that is the real worry IMO.