PDA

View Full Version : NI fans proposals for All-Ireland team

Pages : [1] 2

Lionel Ritchie
20/04/2004, 9:14 AM
As the possibility of an All-Ireland football team was dscussed at a powerless talking shop in Killarney a thread started up about it on our northern cousins board. http://www.ourweecountry.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35362#35362

Made for an interesting read. Below is a quote from it for those of you who'd rather not cross to "the dark side". There's enough in there for me to be very interested. All hypothetical I know but sure...

I'm for an All Ireland team if.......

1 in every 3 internationals played at Windsor or a new stadium on a proper rota so we don't just get ****ty friendlies.

Play under the St Pats cross with the tricolour and NI flag or Union (for Peter and co) flown beside and below it.

A new anthem (might be presuded with Irelands Call.)

Used the original IFA badge, which we still use but with nothing across the centre. Celtic cross 4 shamrocks etc

Home shirt green and white, away orange, only joking, St Pats blue. The flags of both countries on shirts.

Seems sensible enough doesn't it, wonder if our friends in the south and the TD's agree? :wink:

A good **** take but my answer would still be NO. :roll: :roll:

OK I'm first and foremost a GAA man. I support the Irish soccer team though intensily dislike those gobdaws who think Glasgow Celtic are an Irish team and turn up to support Ireland in Celtic gear. Supported NI in 82 & 86, wonderful team. But was very put off by the events of Windsor Park 93.

If there was ever an All-Ireland team, I would support:

a) HQ (IFA) in Belfast. Disband FAI. Granted both organisations leave a lot to be desired, but IFA were the original body.

b) Keep NI crest (much nicer badge than ours and an ancient celtic cross I think is acceptable to all)

c) games shared between Belfast and Dublin (bit like the way Spain and Holland play in different cities)

d) new anthem (no God Save Queen or amhran na bhfiann)

e) new flag (possibly green background with same celtic cross to mimic jersey)

Don't know how many of my countryman would support all that, but I'd have no problem. Would essentially be the original Ireland team before the split minus flags and anthems).

Plastic Paddy
20/04/2004, 9:39 AM
Nice try,LR....seems now unless you're a member you can't even read the paranoid planters' ramblings.....eg.'B*ggars Belief'thread).......so much for FOS(Freedom Of Speech)!Given their previous intolerance on these MB's.....their enthusiasm is as about as likely as RMK opening a prawn sambo factory in his back garden.........!

We all have a political view on the osc....would be willing to compromise with them re.an A-I.team.....but the reality is,from DG et al......They don't want to....Sh*t as they are!As BE says.....thus let them rot....& encourage their players to play for us!

So "compromise" isn't your middle name then, eh Davros?

;) PP

lopez
20/04/2004, 9:40 AM
Amazingly, Marty (aka the Army Groupie) IMO is talking sense here, although no surprise from Dog Breath's reaction. Also I think he's taking a chance coming out with this statement - if it's his honest opinion - and could lead him to charges of Lundyism for what is to many the acceptance of the destruction of the Northern Ireland team (in reality it is the reunification of two national teams divided for 83 years). I haven't looked into ourweeminds since it went private and you needed to log on, so thanks for posting Lionel.

Personally I'd accept all his proposals although I'd prefer the sash followed/preceded by the Soldier's song or some decent new anthem rather than Ireland's call. I'd also prefer just the two flags: no need for our matches to look like the front of the UN HQ. Also Connacht Man's suggestion that the IFA remain as the right body is also acceptable although it must be fully democratic. Belfast as home of the association means no difference here either. It's got my approval.

sylvo
20/04/2004, 10:00 AM
Think army groupie is on a bit of a wind up there. Poor fella's, this obbsession with us can't be good for them. :confused:

Breen
20/04/2004, 10:37 AM
I like the idea in the theory but I can't see it happening in practise.

ElSieteSecretos
20/04/2004, 10:59 AM
I took long time before I could type a response, because the fact of the matter was I could not belive my eyes when I read such a crazy post.

Since their country is so small and worthless how can they make such fantastic claims, for example : -

HQ (IFA) in Belfast. Disband FAI. Granted both organisations leave a lot to be desired, but IFA were the original body.

1 in every 3 internationals played at Windsor or a new stadium on a proper rota

games shared between Belfast and Dublin

new anthem

new flag

Maybe they are having a joke ? Or they are a little crazy. Let me be most clear, the Northern Ireland futball teams are one of the worstest teams in the world, they are pathetic, and the only record the own is for the most games without scoring a goal.

THe FAI in Dublin has undergone some Major reforms and is now implementing the Genesis Report and has a CEO (Mr Fran Rooney ). They want to disband this organisation for the likes of the IFA in northern Ireland ?HAHAHAHA

They only have 1 or 2 good (certainly NOT world class) so if there is ever a 1 "all Irelands" futball team then simply they have this option :-

Request (beg) from the FAI and the Republic of Ireland to join our team.

There can be NO change to : -

our magnificant anthem,

flag,

or sharing of any games, apart from maybe a friendly every 2 years.

Éanna
20/04/2004, 11:12 AM
I'd be all in favour of an all-ireland league, and team, but not on terms like that.

lopez
20/04/2004, 12:00 PM
Think army groupie is on a bit of a wind up there. Poor fella's, this obbsession with us can't be good for them. :confused:That's why I suggested 'if it's his honest opinion.' Remember him complaining about too much symbols at NI matches. No flags, no foreign club shirts (Rangers and er that's it) no nothing. He thought I was tooting Diego Maradona's hay fever remedy for suggesting that Nationalists brought their own flags (the tricolour) to NI matches if he wanted them to follow the side. Now he want's three flags when 2 will be enough. :confused:

I'd be all in favour of an all-ireland league, and team, but not on terms like that.An all-Ireland league would be more feasible and get better support for it. It would undoubtedly improve football in Ireland higher than Scotland (which IMO is the case re much of the EL). Talk about violence is redundant with the Bohs/Rovers game ending with a riot and a pig's head on the pitch.

I'll always support an all-Ireland team but I am realistic to see that this is not going to happen. However, IF Marty is being serious, then his suggestions are more than going half way on the unionist side.

Paddy Ramone
20/04/2004, 12:47 PM

our magnificant anthem,

flag,

I thought Marty sounded reasonable, which is quite surprising. There would have to be come compromises over flags and anthems. If there was a political united Ireland there would be compromise anyway. I don't see why football should be any different.

Bowsy
20/04/2004, 12:56 PM
There would be benefits to this. Very little to the International squad as only Lennon and Maik Taylor(would he even qualify being Anglo-German or whatever he is?) would be good enough to make squad IMO. A united league could only be good for Irish domestic soccer though. Bit of a pie in the sky subject though to be honest as i can't see it ever happening. Also wouldn't fancy travelling to Windsor Park for matches.

Lionel Ritchie
20/04/2004, 1:06 PM
I took long time before I could type a response, because the fact of the matter was I could not belive my eyes when I read such a crazy post.

Since their country is so small and worthless how can they make such fantastic claims, for example : -

[/i]

Maybe they are having a joke ? Or they are a little crazy. Let me be most clear, the Northern Ireland futball teams are one of the worstest teams in the world, they are pathetic, and the only record the own is for the most games without scoring a goal.

THe FAI in Dublin has undergone some Major reforms and is now implementing the Genesis Report and has a CEO (Mr Fran Rooney ). They want to disband this organisation for the likes of the IFA in northern Ireland ?HAHAHAHA

They only have 1 or 2 good (certainly NOT world class) so if there is ever a 1 "all Irelands" futball team then simply they have this option :-

Request (beg) from the FAI and the Republic of Ireland to join our team.

our magnificant anthem,

flag,

That's quite broadminded and generous of you. Strikes me Marty hadn't intended raising a kite on this so much as he was expecting us all to have exactly the reaction you're coming out with now. Expecting a northern unionist to cheer a team under the tricolour is unfair. I's unfair that it happens in rugby and it's unfair in this instance too. I'd have no problem with a neutral flag and anthem (actually while i quite like the tune of SS -the lyrics suck -and it's long past time we stopped defining ourselves in terms of hostility towards all things anglo). I also happen to agree with whoever said their crest is much nicer than ours. IFA/FAI? Vaze vase váse IMO? How about AIF? or FAA-I?
I'd like to see LOTS of Ireland matches played outside Dublin. Not just in Belfast, But in Derry, Limerick, Cork, Galway, Waterford, Midlands etc... all of which will be perfectly feasible when the Gaelic glass-spreaders-on-other-codes-pitches Association cop themselves on and borrow a calculator.

The only thing in there I'd have a problem with is the concept of a minimum representation from either jurisdiction. That's plain silly, devisive and utterly unworkable anyway.

ElSieteSecretos
20/04/2004, 3:01 PM
Lionel Ritchie you are right, they took the nicest crest, so that should remains the new crest, should we ever have a 1 futball team.

As for everything else you said, I cannot agree. They have only 1 or 2 good players, everybody else in their team is pathetic. So why must we bend our backs too accomadate these peoples?

The only other place Irish futball should be played is in "Croke Park" so I can get a tickets more easier. Who wants to visit that ugly town Belfast in that racist stadium "Winsor parks"??

There is nothing wrong with our beautiful flag, but it was hijacked in Northern Ireland by extremests.

If want to join our country national football team without blackmail or strings attacted then there is no problem. Other wise they can remain support Northern Ireland (and watch them loose hahaahaha:D)

lopez
20/04/2004, 3:51 PM
The only other place Irish futball should be played is in "Croke Park" so I can get a tickets more easier. Who wants to visit that ugly town Belfast in that racist stadium "Winsor parks"??Sí, si, sí gilipollas. Todos queremos a jugar al parque de Croke! :rolleyes:

As for Saxe-gotha-coburg Park being racist, it's improved. It's also got a far better atmosphere than Lansdowne Road, having witnessed last year there Irlanda del norte contra la patria. But then what can you do when you haven't scored for ages!

Stuart
20/04/2004, 4:14 PM

Don't know about yourself but my choice of supporting a football team doesn't have anything to do with how successful they are. As you have said NI is a small country, therefore we don't ever expect to be that sucessful. We aren't one of the "worstest" teams in the world, yes we're going through a bad spell but we will come out of it.
As for our record of most games without a goal being our only record, what about the fact that we're the smallest country to ever qualify for a World Cup - 3 times. Same number of times as the Republic?? And that we produced the youngest player to ever play in a World Cup.

Fair enough the Republic are the better of the two teams nowadays but just remember we did used to be good. Here's hoping those sort of days aren't too far away for us again!

Stuart
20/04/2004, 4:22 PM
The only other place Irish futball should be played is in "Croke Park" so I can get a tickets more easier. Who wants to visit that ugly town Belfast in that racist stadium "Winsor parks"??

Have you been to a Northern Ireland match at WP recently. I find it amazing the number of people who constantly complain about "sectarian" NI supporters but haven't even been to an NI game recently. Firstly i think you'll find many NI supporters want out of WP. Its a terrible stadium for internationals and is in a bad area. I'll also be the first to admit that 10+ years ago WP did have its sectarian elements. But the IFA have come along way since then, in particular our Community Relations Office, and going to watch NI is now more like a carnival atmosphere. I can't remember the last time i heard supporters singing songs which may offend others within the stadium. Maybe until you do get along to a NI match you will think about the abuse your going to give us. Somehow i doubt it.

The Legend
20/04/2004, 4:26 PM
There should only be an All Ireland team, when there is an All Ireland.
Everytime i hear that stupid rugby anthem it makes me sick!

4tothefloor
20/04/2004, 4:29 PM
I agree completely with ElSieteSecretos - Northern Irish football is a joke, both the national side and the Irish league. There is absolutely no way that I would be prepared to say goodbye to the tri-colour and the soldiers song. The Irish rugby team singing 'Irelands Call' instead of the national anthem is a joke. Signs on, on their biggest day in years V Scotland for the triple crown, what did they play? The national anthem, and rightly so. As an Irishman I would regard it my right to stand to the national anthem, in front of the tri-colour, for Ireland games. Not some mickey mouse Phil Coulter ditty, or a UN like flag.

We are the bigger nation, bigger population, better team, better players, have more supporters, have a far higher standing in world football and will have a far better stadium(s). We're complaining about LR as it stands, yet ye are proposing to take games to Windsor park in Belfast. FFS, you must be having a laugh! Aesthetically, its a hole of a place, plus we want to EASE the ticketing situation, not make it worse. To think that the republic would bow to all those NI demands is, quite frankly, embarassing.

Absolutely no way, a complete non-starter. What would we gain, as republic supporters? Neil Lennon, a player we don't need anyway? The romance of having an all ireland team, maybe? Something which would bring its own problems regarding violence etc I reckon. An all Ireland team, if we have an all Ireland island, absolutely yes. But otherwise no, as we have have nothing to gain from it except grief. If it were to happen, it should be them joining us, not the other way around, the thought of which is ridiculous :rolleyes:

Lionel Ritchie
20/04/2004, 4:44 PM
We are the bigger nation

So you think NI is a nation then 4tothefloor?

Aside from that I find your insistance on forcing our anthem and our flag down the throats of Irish rugby supporters who happen to be unionist mean spirited in the extreme. It actually runs in direct parrallel with the muppet element over on their site who insist that Northern nationalists should be proud to stand under the union Jack and sing GSTQ at Windsor. It's the prevailance of attitudes like that which ensure that an All Ireland team (never even mind an All Ireland nation) is a long, long way off if indeed it's ever happening.

Slash/ED
20/04/2004, 5:35 PM
What do we get out of it? I can't think of a single NI player who'd get into our starting XI, all squad players at best.

4tothefloor
20/04/2004, 6:01 PM
So you think NI is a nation then 4tothefloor?

In footballing terms, ya knob. Do you have to be so pedantic and PC all the time? In footballing terms, we are seperate nations. :rolleyes:

Aside from that I find your insistance on forcing our anthem and our flag down the throats of Irish rugby supporters who happen to be unionist mean spirited in the extreme. It actually runs in direct parrallel with the muppet element over on their site who insist that Northern nationalists should be proud to stand under the union Jack and sing GSTQ at Windsor. It's the prevailance of attitudes like that which ensure that an All Ireland team (never even mind an All Ireland nation) is a long, long way off if indeed it's ever happening.

A minority in both cases. Northern Nationalists by and large support the Republic, and those few that do support the North know the score beforehand. You're comparison is poor anyway, as we don't have a sectarian divide\problem down here, a significent issue in the politics of Northern Irish football, especially with regard to the Loyalist element. I practice what I preach, I don't go to Irish rugby games because Irelands Call is so pathetic. This is also why the Irish rugby team will NEVER play in Croke Park - no GAA person is going to stand for that drivvle replacing our national anthem at Croke Park, should it ever open to other sports. As I said, as an Irish person I would be completely against the abolition of our national flag and national anthem - you're taking away our bloody identity FFS! Just so we can join up with a two bit organisation that has, as of now, nothing to offer us! My arguement is, if they want an AI team, they will be joining up with us, not us with them. I can't believe i'm having to even argue this point, its so ridiculous...

And to finish, I explicitly stated that this should only happen if there is a united Ireland first.....and that is a whole other story\arguement.

ElSieteSecretos
20/04/2004, 6:30 PM
I agree totally with 4tothefloor!!!!!!!

sylvo
20/04/2004, 8:51 PM
Come on fella's, ould army groupie on ourweemind's is having a wind up with his post, chill. :cool:

brendy_éire
20/04/2004, 8:59 PM
Don't like the idea of getting rid of the tricolour or Amhrán na bhFiann, but otherwise it's a decent idea.

Won't ever happen though. The IFA would never agree and there's too many bigots following the 6 county team.

lopez
20/04/2004, 9:58 PM
Have you been to a Northern Ireland match at WP recently. I find it amazing the number of people who constantly complain about "sectarian" NI supporters but haven't even been to an NI game recently...I'll also be the first to admit that 10+ years ago WP did have its sectarian elements. But the IFA have come along way since then, in particular our Community Relations Office, and going to watch NI is now more like a carnival atmosphere.Neil Lennon getting booed at an international was not 10 years ago.

As I said, I was at WP last year to see NI against probably the most Catholic country in the world (thanks to Torquemada and co). I found nothing that day that offended me: No surrender by a few eejits during the Brenda; the odd 1690 scarf; but nothing that truly offended me. In fact, I saw one of the best supports for an international side in ages.

Few people here will have been to WP outside a Republic game. And that's when the sectarianism is at it's most ferocious, so people have only yours, mine and perhaps a few others here like Gary Spain's, word that things are improving, or are sufficiently better than when the Republic is in town.

The argument about an all-Ireland team is really pie in the sky, but it's always good for a discussion. However, the FAI can just about organise a p*ss up in a bar and a bunk up in a brothel, but fairly little else. And if our northern contributors are to be believed, it's the IFA's limit as well. Even in an all-Ireland state there is no guarantee that the Northern Ireland team will be dissolved if, as would be most likely, the North would be given huge autonomy. What IMO is the only thing that will change the scenario is the creation of a UK team. And for that, the FAI do not need anyone's permission to pick Northern Irish players - all those born there eligible for Irish citizenship - because none of them will make it into the UK team. And of course, like Brenda's gongs, the invitation can always be declined.

As for an all-Ireland competition: Now there's something more realistic to aim for.

Footie_Fan
20/04/2004, 10:02 PM
It would be of no benefit to Irish football team to unite with the North. All that would be created would be hassle. Give up our flag, anthem etc... no way! What would be the benefit?

ElSieteSecretos
21/04/2004, 8:49 AM
One good idea (as someone said on another boards) is maybe, to have an all irelands league, instead of 2. So we can have 1 full time professional preimer division.

This would help Bohs(and the like etc) to get into europe

Paddy Ramone
21/04/2004, 9:21 AM
One good idea (as someone said on another boards) is maybe, to have an all irelands league, instead of 2. So we can have 1 full time professional preimer division.

This would help Bohs(and the like etc) to get into europe

That's much realistic and more likely to get Northern support. Read a four four two article where the supporters of clubs such as Linfield and Glentoran were in favour of it. Only problem would be security but it would be excellent for Irish football.

lopez
21/04/2004, 9:37 AM
That's much realistic and more likely to get Northern support. Read a four four two article where the supporters of clubs such as Linfield and Glentoran were in favour of it. Only problem would be security but it would be excellent for Irish football.Well what I've been reading and hearing the EL isn't all supporter fraternity. The Hoops v Bohs game on Friday proved that. Leaving besided El7Secretos pig's head on the pitch, it was interesting to hear from Sylvo it even spread to a hostelry with an Irish Sky card on the Finchley Road in London. There a punch-up outside was only prevented from turning into a riot when some of the lads remembered they didn't have the right Burberry baseball hats on. The Portadown/Linfield v Rovers/Bohs games may be a bit tasty, but if everybody pulls their socks up - away fans strictly monitored; bans for violent behaviour; proper policing, etc. - this sort of thing could be minimised.

Andyh
21/04/2004, 5:52 PM
Lopez, you seem to talk an awful lot of sense these days, are you ok?

As for Marty's proposals for a reunited i could go along with them all. I think like him i would be most anxious on keeping the st patricks cross as the badge (with no name across it) and keeping the admin with the Irish Football Association in Belfast. There is a lot of history there, and it's the forth oldest association in the world.

Also in terms of players who couldmake it into an all Island team

Maik Taylor
Aaron Hughes
George McCartney
Damien Johnson
Tommy Doherty

Also promising younger players such as Clyde, Baird, Capaldi

Plastic Paddy
21/04/2004, 6:18 PM
Also in terms of players who couldmake it into an all Island team

Maik Taylor
Aaron Hughes
George McCartney
Damien Johnson
Tommy Doherty

Also promising younger players such as Clyde, Baird, Capaldi

It's spelled "Ireland", not island. ;)

I doubt any of those you have listed would make an all-Ireland team. I'd maybe have Taylor (were he in any way connected with the island, which AFAIK he ain't), Hughes and Johnson as squad players, and that's it. Honestly.

:) PP

liam88
21/04/2004, 7:31 PM
Green, White, Orange stands for unity between Catholics and Protestants.
I say if we have a united team we fly the tri :D
In favour of an all Ireland competition to, great for Irish football as has been said.

Someone mentioned 1690 scarves so mabye a can have flags with 191690 on them and please everyone ;)

lopez
21/04/2004, 9:58 PM
Lopez, you seem to talk an awful lot of sense these days, are you ok?Look us fascists have needed to reform because our message wasn't getting through. Read your uni leaflets: We try to look respectable, but you can't trust us? Same for the commies. What are they called in Spain? United Left? Tut! Bit like Democratic Left. ;)

As for Marty's proposals for a reunited i could go along with them all. I think like him i would be most anxious on keeping the st patricks cross as the badge (with no name across it) and keeping the admin with the Irish Football Association in Belfast.?
I like the St Pat's badge on a blue shirt. It reminds me of the one my great uncle Eoin wore before he went out to see my other great uncle in Spain, Fat Frank! :rolleyes: Seriously, two footballing nations, two flags. Yes? And the badge that was worn on partition (Celtic cross with harp in the middle) is pretty cool itself.

There is a lot of history there, and it's the forth oldest association in the world.
Exactly amigo. Just don't forget that pre 1921, half of it is ours!

Isn't the NI badge about to be changed/Banned by UEFA,as it is similar to a neo-Fascist emblem...........?Check the date of the report as filed by moi! First day of the month with the special intention (unsuccessfully) of making DG spit out his Estonian cornetto. :D

lopez
22/04/2004, 12:30 AM
Know that....Irony.....is that a fenian saying,dont want to cause offence?As for DG & his gelatto leaving his oral eating receptacle,more chance of RMK saying........'Sumimasen'!Just testing! ;)

Paddy Ramone
22/04/2004, 8:41 AM
Green, White, Orange stands for unity between Catholics and Prodestants. It's spelled "Protestant" not "Prodestant".

Someone mentioned 1690 scarves so mabye a can have flags with 191690 on them and please everyone ;) Great idea! We might have to wait until that year before there is an all-Ireland side. :D

Paddy Ramone
22/04/2004, 8:51 AM
I like the St Pat's badge on a blue shirt. It reminds me of the one my great uncle Eoin wore before he went out to see my other great uncle in Spain, Fat Frank! :rolleyes:

Wasn't there a rumour that your uncle Eoin was in a homosexual relationship with the gay actor Michael MacLiammoir. Which wouldn't surpise me since opposites do attract and those fascists do tend to be gay and into pervy S&M stuff. I don't think it was April fool's day when I heard it. :D

lopez
22/04/2004, 9:00 AM
Wasn't there a rumour that your uncle Eoin was in a homosexual relationship with the gay actor Michael MacLiammoir. Which wouldn't surpise me since opposites do attract and those fascists do tend to be gay and into pervy S&M stuff. I don't think it was April fool's day when I heard it. :DA good Catholic boy like Eoin? A citizen of Sodom? :eek:

Andyh
22/04/2004, 5:45 PM
exactly amigo. Just don't forget that pre 1921, half of it is ours!
Check the date of the report as filed by moi! First day of the month with the special intention (unsuccessfully) of making DG spit out his Estonian cornetto. :D

In theory yes... but in practice the matches played as 'Ireland' are credited to what is now Northern Ireland, as the stats in every match programme show.

And Davros... as for the ginger pregnant one... you're having a laugh aren't you?.... I wouldn't have him over any of ROI's current crop of midfielders. He's useless and you'd soon realise that....Michael Hughes... now there's a player....

Plastic Paddy
22/04/2004, 6:28 PM
And Davros... as for the ginger pregnant one... you're having a laugh aren't you?.... I wouldn't have him over any of ROI's current crop of midfielders. He's useless and you'd soon realise that....Michael Hughes... now there's a player....

:D

I take it you've not seen too many Celtic games this season, Andy? After a dreadful spell last season, Lurgan's finest has been outstanding this time out. And, let's face it, you have missed him terribly ever since the numpties from the Village made that phone call...

:D PP

liam88
22/04/2004, 7:15 PM
It's spelled "Protestant" not "Prodestant".

Sorry....just a typo :rolleyes:
Been corrected

lopez
22/04/2004, 9:01 PM
In theory yes... but in practice the matches played as 'Ireland' are credited to what is now Northern Ireland, as the stats in every match programme show.....No denying that, but the country was at least united. Plus a good few Southerners played, hence my grab. I think the 1914 British Champions was 6 to 5 both sides of what later became the border while Shels and Bohs were both winners of the IFA cup.

No comment on 'the ginger pregnant one!' :D

Paddy Ramone
23/04/2004, 9:31 AM
A good Catholic boy like Eoin? A citizen of Sodom? :eek:
Yeah Eoin leader of Blueshirts was a Sodomist alright just like Ernst Rohm leader of the Brownshirts. Seethis (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eoin_O'Duffy) at the end of the page. There are rumours too that Hitler himself may have been gay.

Paddy Ramone
23/04/2004, 10:11 AM
I forgot to mention Johnny "Mad Dog" Adair another fascist who may have gay tendencies.

lopez
23/04/2004, 2:32 PM
I forgot to mention Johnny "Mad Dog" Adair another fascist who may have gay tendencies.Anyone see the Newkee v Marseille game last night. I nearly dropped my Occupied Six County Fry on the carpet when I saw what I thought was 'Mad Dog' managing Olympique, complete with Armani suit, double Saxe-Gotha-Coburg tie knot and steroid infused upper torso: Only thing missing was the tatoos and Gina. :eek:

SÓC
23/04/2004, 2:57 PM
Occupied Six County Fry

I can see that name catching on, you should trade mark it;)

lopez
23/04/2004, 3:04 PM
I can see that name catching on, you should trade mark it;)I think it's been done already. :( :D

brendy_éire
23/04/2004, 3:38 PM
Occupied Six County Fry

People always seem to leave out Monaghan and Cavan from 'Ulster'. (I'll forgive ye for leaving out Donegal though. ;))

Plastic Paddy
23/04/2004, 4:36 PM
Occupied Six County Fry

Mock ye not. They really know their pork products in the North. :)

The best fry-up I ever had was out of a mobile cafe parked by the old British Enkalon Trading Estate in Antrim town. I was supervising a load of loyal Ontrum boys on an environmental project, and two of them (both good Glens men as it later transpired) said "there's no way we'll change yar religiun nar yur football, ya Feenyun basturt, but we'll show you the best fry you'll ever eyot". And they did. Heart-attack-fast-track! Mmm-mmm-mmm! :D

the 12 th man
23/04/2004, 4:48 PM
Mock ye not. They really know their pork products in the North. :)

The best fry-up I ever had was out of a mobile cafe parked by the old British D PP

but the big question ,were the sausages the irish ones or the yakky english type ??

Plastic Paddy
23/04/2004, 4:55 PM
but the big question ,were the sausages the irish ones or the yakky english type ??

Cookstown's finest, Father. And damned good, too. :)

the 12 th man
23/04/2004, 5:00 PM
Cookstown's finest, Father. And damned good, too. :)

the sausages that were so good they even got pat (the haircut :rolleyes: )
jennings to advertise them).