PDA

View Full Version : gardai film the crowd at dalymount

the 12 th man
20/04/2004, 7:41 AM
was watching chorus sports last night and they showed highlights of the bohs rovers match on friday.the highlights showed a fair bit of footage of both sets of supporters taunting each other throughout the match (good old fashioned fun).
uniformed gardai could be seen filming the crowd probably in the hope of deterring trouble as in "we have you on film here boyo so you better behave"
well if the reports about the after match ding dong are correct it didnt work.

i thought liam o briens behaviour at the final whistle was a disgrace,bearing in mind his position at the club.what kind of example is that to the players ??.
id say he will be hearing from merrion sq.

Maz
20/04/2004, 10:03 AM
was watching chorus sports last night and they showed highlights of the bohs rovers match on friday.the highlights showed a fair bit of footage of both sets of supporters taunting each other throughout the match (good old fashioned fun).
uniformed gardai could be seen filming the crowd probably in the hope of deterring trouble as in "we have you on film here boyo so you better behave"
well if the reports about the after match ding dong are correct it didnt work.

i thought liam o briens behaviour at the final whistle was a disgrace,bearing in mind his position at the club.what kind of example is that to the players ??.

we saw the gardai with the camara outside the grounds before the match when travellin to our game vs shels! nothing but squad cars flyin round the place.....they ment action!! :D

Éanna
20/04/2004, 11:40 AM
Nothing less than I'd expect from scum like him. that said i think they were entitled to be annoyed- didn't look like penalty to me

the 12 th man
20/04/2004, 11:53 AM
that said i think they were entitled to be annoyed- didn't look like penalty to me

annoyed or not eanna,players are lectured about not giving any grief to the
ref,so a member of the senior staff :rolleyes: does exactly that and physically man handles the ref.while we all feel like getting heavy with (bad) refs its just not a runner.

Éanna
20/04/2004, 12:05 PM
as I said, nothing would surprise me with that fellow. he grabbed me by the throat in Dalymount for calling him Judas before

pete
20/04/2004, 12:07 PM
he grabbed me by the throat in Dalymount for calling him Judas before

I don't belive he could have out run Derek & Ollie to get to you ;)

WeAreRovers
22/04/2004, 3:24 PM
Nothing less than I'd expect from scum like him.

:D :D :D :D

Liam O'Brien - total ****ing Hoops legend. Funny how he didn't seem to give as much of a **** at Bohs or Cork. ;)

KOH