PDA

View Full Version : Roddy Collins - Pikey Extraordinaire

A face
19/04/2004, 11:23 PM
Man,

Was it just me of did he sound like a real wheelin' and dealin' pikey ..... i buy and sell ya .... and there wanna be bought and sold. Real DelBoy character .... No club in their right mind would give him a job, unless they were really stuck.

Maybe i do him an injustice but that is the way he came across .... what did everyone else think ??

Countyman
20/04/2004, 8:38 AM
I agree. It thought it was extremely arrogant to be touting for a job the way he did last night implying that a position was going to arise due to a number of managers being under pressure.

But then to turn around and say "I want to go back to england or even scotland" was hugely insulting to the eircom league. Why bother having him on TV3 if he just wants to go back to division 3 in the UK??

I wonder was he pushing for Dykes job as he made a big deal about Kingers comments about derry being happy to be ahead of dublin city at this stage while Collins thought they should be challenging for the league?

drummerboy
20/04/2004, 8:44 AM
The way things are going lads, he could be on his way to Cork!!! You seem to like loud, arrogant big mouths down there.

As regards Noel King, watch this space. Finn Harps will be looking for a new manager in the next 3 weeks.

dcfc_legend9
20/04/2004, 8:57 AM
lads i agree with youse all. Collins and King are two arrogant *******s and they dont deserve jobs in football management. also thought noel king was a bit of a bitter ******* last night as he couldnt hear anything said about derry.

FINN HARPS F.C FOREVER IN OUR SHADOWS!

COME ON THE CANDYSTRIPES

Plastic Paddy
20/04/2004, 9:13 AM
I have a friend over here who supports Darlington, and when he heard that Roddy and some friends were trying to put together a consortium to take that club out of administration and assume control, he said he'd rather see his club go to the wall. That's a measure of how popular Collins is in that part of the world.

:) PP

the 12 th man
20/04/2004, 9:17 AM
Darlington, and when he heard that Roddy and some friends were trying to put together a consortium to take that club out of administration and assume control

:) PP

that was roddy and the carpet king syndicate.no takers hombre :D

Maz
20/04/2004, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=Countyman]I agree. It thought it was extremely arrogant to be touting for a job the way he did last night QUOTE]

yeah and while he and the other know-nothin-at-all were wasting time "touting" for jobs, tv3 could have fitted in coverage of another game......it was a total shambles last night

nesovic
20/04/2004, 10:27 AM
Himself and the turd just gave each other compliments through the whole of EL Weekly last night. they ruined the show with the whole "Noel Your great, harps are great". Oh no roddy your better, you've been there and done it". Ya he has, he couldn't get a win at Carlisle this season and they fired him and now they are close to saftey.

How funny when he started saying that managers in the L are currently under pressure after only 7 games! He's just trying to stir **** and get one of their jobs! Did I hear correctly when he said he wants a job here first and then get recognised in England and then go get a top job over in England, what a w*****. Apparently he has players in England lined up to join whatever EL job he will get. Well I can tell him that he waon't get any job imon in this country.
couldn't agree more they were totally up each other's a***s, then when roddy collins started going on about his louis copeland suits!! pleeeaassee!!

pete
20/04/2004, 10:31 AM
...he started saying that managers in the L are currently under pressure after only 7 games!...

Roddy was totally touting himself for a job & who knows maybe a few of his sly comments here & there might have heaped a little extra pressure on an existing manager.

I really can't see any Premier division team taking him. Roddy would spend loads of cash which would limit the available clubs + he would never be asked back to Bohs.

Bring back Rico!

nesovic
20/04/2004, 11:06 AM
really can't see any premier division club taking him, after all he couldn't even get the athlone town managers job!!

Éanna
20/04/2004, 11:27 AM
they're both full of ****e, but then we all knew that. the idea of 2 panellists is a good one, but any chance we could be spared the del boy jackeen types for once?

corkharps
20/04/2004, 12:31 PM
The way things are going lads, he could be on his way to Cork!!! You seem to like loud, arrogant big mouths down there.

As regards Noel King, watch this space. Finn Harps will be looking for a new manager in the next 3 weeks.

Have you got an exclusive for us? :confused:

Slash/ED
20/04/2004, 6:01 PM
As regards the show, there was good and bad. Good being two panelists is far better than one, even if one is Roddy Collins. The other good being the presentation of the Rvers Bohs match was top drawer, the only thing it lacked was proper commentary which would make it better imo, otherwise it was class.

The bad, it only showed two bloody premier division matches, two ffs, that's a joke. While seing more first division is a good thing, two premier league matches, unless I miscounted, is a disgrace.

Stevo Da Gull
20/04/2004, 8:49 PM
[QUOTE=xtreme rebel] Did I hear correctly when he said he wants a job here first and then get recognised in England and then go get a top job over in England, what a w*****.

Yeah I don't agree with him just wantin a job over here just so he can get recognised for a job in UK (don't know why any1 in their right mind would leave EL for SPL) but there is just sometin about Roddy I like, the dude's a bit crazy but I thought it made for a good show (combined with Kinger they just about made sence) , I just wished that yar man had of let them go at it when they started debating Derry City, that might of turned nasty.

But I do agree that if I were a Chairman over here I would'nt employ him long term if all he wants to do is Flip off back to England at the first chance, but I would'nt mind to see he and Rico go at it and fight on the show. :D Nah but in all seriousness I did'nt think the show was that bad.

P.S. where is Damien Richarson lately? and will P. Scully be back? :confused:

Stevo Da Gull
20/04/2004, 8:51 PM
Sorry about the mistake with the quoting :o

drinkfeckarse
21/04/2004, 1:00 PM
yeah I don't agree with him just wantin a job over here just so he can get recognised for a job in UK (don't know why any1 in their right mind would leave EL for SPL)

Eh money :rolleyes: and the fact you get to play in front of decent crowds might have something to do with it. I know the SPL isn't a great league but you're dreaming if you think the eL is on a par!! I know, I played in the eL.

LukeO
21/04/2004, 5:25 PM
I actually thought Collins and King were quite funny together. Roddy may be a waffler and sometimes a ****-stirrer, but still a legend none the less.

In relation to the SPL; Apart from Rangers and Celtic, the gap between the standard of football is now quite small. The eL has come along hugely over the past 4/5 years, while the SPL is getting crapper and half the clubs there are facing a financial disaster.

If only we had their stadia :(

Deboez Online http://www.deboez.ipfox.com

Stevo Da Gull
23/04/2004, 11:24 PM
yeah I don't agree with him just wantin a job over here just so he can get recognised for a job in UK (don't know why any1 in their right mind would leave EL for SPL)

Eh money :rolleyes: and the fact you get to play in front of decent crowds might have something to do with it. I know the SPL isn't a great league but you're dreaming if you think the eL is on a par!! I know, I played in the eL.

*Bohemians nock Aberdeen out of Uefa Cup.
*In my opinion (besides Celtic/Rangers) the EL is better quality football to watch and the two leagues (without the 2 Glasgow teams) are more a less even.
*Money.... so thats why Dundee had to release 24 people at the beginning of the Season.
*EL is improving all the time, hopefully attendances will continue to clime allso.
*When did you play in EL(Year/s)?

drinkfeckarse
24/04/2004, 9:24 AM
*Bohemians nock Aberdeen out of Uefa Cup.
*In my opinion (besides Celtic/Rangers) the EL is better quality football to watch and the two leagues (without the 2 Glasgow teams) are more a less even.
*Money.... so thats why Dundee had to release 24 people at the beginning of the Season.
*EL is improving all the time, hopefully attendances will continue to clime allso.
*When did you play in EL(Year/s)?

The SPL is poor but other than Bohs and Shels, no other SPL team would survive the Premier Division so it wasn't a shock for me when they put Aberdeen out.The rest would more than hold their own own in the 1st against the likes of Falkirk, Inverness etc.

You forgot to mention Livingston releasing players also but you don't see any clubs releasing managers and that was what we were talking about. You only have to look at clubs like Dundee Utd and Hibs paying their managers £5k a week to realise that's a different scale than the EL.
Also EL clubs like Shels,Pats and Shamrock Rovers have all said before the season started that they would have to implement cost cutting measures so it's only a matter of time before an EL club finds itself going to the wall/administration due to over-inflated wages for over-rated players and underwhelming crowds.
I played Premier Division football for 2 years from 93-95.

lefty
24/04/2004, 5:13 PM
Dunno why all you people are slating off Roddy Collins. This is the man who won the double with Bohs, got Bohs into the UEFA Cup proper after knocking out Aberdeen, beat Kaiserslautern in their own backyard.

In his first season with Carlisle he took them to a really high finish for Carlisle (mid table) and in his second season he brought them to the LDV Vans Final. Quite an achievement for a low ranked 3rd Division outfit. This season he was sacked after losing a couple of games.

Who is the gob****e that said that Carlisle are better off without him?? Well let me ask that fool where Carlisle are now? On the verge of coming last and leaving the Football League for the first time since i dont know when. I can never remember Carlisle being a Conference outfit maybe they never have. With Roddy still at the helm they wouldnt ever be.

He may not be the nicest guy but as a manager his record speaks for itself

Maz
25/04/2004, 4:23 PM
Himself and the turd just gave each other compliments through the whole of EL Weekly last night. they ruined the show with the whole "Noel Your great, harps are great". Oh no roddy your better, you've been there and done it". Ya he has, he couldn't get a win at Carlisle this season and they fired him and now they are close to saftey.

how interesting now that king has resigned an all!!!!! :eek:

Maz
25/04/2004, 7:00 PM
3 days would be precise almost! Kings resigns due to the excess travel!!

What odds on Collins taking over? Are Harps big enough for him???

it was nicely set up.......

corkharps
25/04/2004, 9:01 PM
No it won't be Collins,more than likely Sean 'Wizzie' McGowan,the assistant manager.
BTW Drummerboy, whats the story? :eek:

LukeO
25/04/2004, 9:18 PM
Dunno why all you people are slating off Roddy Collins. This is the man who won the double with Bohs, got Bohs into the UEFA Cup proper after knocking out Aberdeen, beat Kaiserslautern in their own backyard.

In his first season with Carlisle he took them to a really high finish for Carlisle (mid table) and in his second season he brought them to the LDV Vans Final. Quite an achievement for a low ranked 3rd Division outfit. This season he was sacked after losing a couple of games.

Who is the gob****e that said that Carlisle are better off without him?? Well let me ask that fool where Carlisle are now? On the verge of coming last and leaving the Football League for the first time since i dont know when. I can never remember Carlisle being a Conference outfit maybe they never have. With Roddy still at the helm they wouldnt ever be.

He may not be the nicest guy but as a manager his record speaks for itself

Agree 100%

Roddy Collins is a legend. ;)

drummerboy
26/04/2004, 3:13 PM

Don't say I'd didn't tell you