PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Setanta Channel

dcfcsteve
03/08/2010, 4:17 PM
Someone posted up here a few months back the frequency for a channel called 'MSK' or something, which was carrying most of the Setanta Ireland content.

The previous code doesn't work any more.

Does anyone know if they've got a new frequency now or what the story is ? I'd rather not have to renew my Setanta subscription unless I really have to, as it's poor value for money in my view.

Thanks.

londonhoop
03/08/2010, 4:28 PM
Its called Premier Sports now, www.premiersports.tv

Its going encrypted from this thursday so wont be available in ROI or NI.
Just shows GAA,NRL and Airtricity league into England,Scotland and Wales.

Mark
03/08/2010, 7:51 PM
It's an odd channel. I pick it up with the mini dish I got in Lidl!, It broadcasts on the Eutelsat satellite, and one of the Astra ones too. It shows any live GAA that Setanta shows live as well as old GAA from the RTE archives. Last Sunday it broadcast a GAA game from Toronto in the early 1990s, Cork against the GAA allstars - Dave Barry, with hair, was playing for Cork. It also shows The Sunday Game live. Londonhoop is correct there in that it will be encrypted within days.

monkey9
03/08/2010, 8:23 PM
It channel 480 on Sky. They were showing the Liverpool match in the Europa League last thursday as a pay per view event

Macy
04/08/2010, 10:00 AM
The FTA broadcasts were essentially the tests/ advertising run. I believe it's essentially going to be like setanta used to be (even some of the same people involved). No idea on costs, as I don't do pay tv.

dcfcsteve
04/08/2010, 3:12 PM
Its called Premier Sports now, www.premiersports.tv

Its going encrypted from this thursday so wont be available in ROI or NI.
Just shows GAA,NRL and Airtricity league into England,Scotland and Wales.

They claim to show Airtricity League games, but haven't listed the Bohs-Rovers Sunday game on their schedule, whereas Setanta are showing.

So not sure how much use they'll be.

Mark
05/08/2010, 11:20 AM
They did show a few of the games Setanta had earlier in the summer. Galway - Rovers was show live and repeated several times.