PDA

View Full Version : Salthill home

outspoken
03/08/2010, 9:24 AM
Salthill at home this weekend you'd like to think we can win it and win it by more than three goal's

Was just talking to Don Cowan he said he is recovering from his injury (hamstring) nicely but he hasn't trained this week so more than likely he will be out of Salthill game.

And he's very happy with the craig walsh signing :)

De Town
03/08/2010, 1:20 PM
Salthill at home this weekend you'd like to think we can win it and win it by more than three goal's

1-0 will do just fine.

Would be disappointing if we didn't pick up 3 points, but Salthill will see it as a game where they can get something out of.

Massop 10
03/08/2010, 6:45 PM
I'd be very happy with a good performance and a win no matter what the score. Was down in waterford and wexford and thought we played ok in patches down in waterford but we played really well in wexford so i am hopefull of a good game and positive result. We all have to remember though that this is a huge game for salthill cos they will want and even think they could get at least a point if they play well and defend like hell ! All of us that were up on the mountain in drom when we played them will remember how they will put as many behind the ball as possible to keep the score down and try to hit us on the break. Just another point how about trying to get everyone try and bring a pal or workmate or a family member or two to the game and have a bit of a crowd there ! It is a disgrace to see the crowds going down week in week out !

outspoken
03/08/2010, 7:29 PM
Just another point how about trying to get everyone try and bring a pal or workmate or a family member or two to the game and have a bit of a crowd there ! It is a disgrace to see the crowds going down week in week out !

I'm doing well in that regard this season ive already converted 2 barstoolers and I have brought back my mate who had given up on us and I usualy give a lift to 2 other lads so like massop said if everyone just brought 1 person with them that would double the attendance and we could really do with that.

Tallanted
05/08/2010, 12:43 PM
3 points i don't mind how good or bad we play aslong as we get the result

Acornvilla
06/08/2010, 1:20 PM
3 points and 300 fans would be nice

outspoken
07/08/2010, 9:04 PM
The back 4 were a disgrace communication was awful especially with Shanahan , midfield were to slow at times and forwards were caught off way too many time's basically we were sh1t and hynes should be shot along with a few others once again Micheal Lee was motm!!!

Acornvilla
07/08/2010, 9:06 PM
learn how to defend set pieces boys.......

Massop 10
07/08/2010, 11:16 PM
Kieran you should have listened better as it was the ref (if that is what you could call him) that Section O was having a go at when the final whistle went !!!! We actually gave the team an applause at the end ! To be honest Lester needs a few weeks on a fitness camp as he looked WAY off the pace tonight and Hynes....... terminate his contract ! He ducked away from a free header that if it hit off him would have went in and again he wouldn't run to warm himself !!!!!!!!!!

The Insider
07/08/2010, 11:35 PM
Someone said to me this eve that if Hynes was a horse he'd be put down long ago to put him out of his misery. Oh how much do we need Cowan and Glynn back. That miss was absolutely brutal, any decent centre forward would be putting them away. Lester's penalty miss was a bad one but we had so many chances to win that game, we have to be putting them away. As for the match officials, the ref was a joke and I thought Roche's goal was legit. What was the 4th official doing putting up the board for injury-time when a player was down injured, no way was there enough time played but would we have got the winner? A bad two points dropped and just saw we have moved back down the table, good thing is we're 5 pts ahead of Athlone.

De Town
08/08/2010, 8:12 AM
Very poor defensive performance last night. We actually played very well up until they went 1-0 up, good football and dominated the game, and then their goal knocked the stuffing completely out of us. Lester had a very poor game. The penalty was a brutal effort, perfect height for the keeper and not very far into the corner. Time to take him off penaltys imo, he never inspires confidence when he's taking them. First time I've seen Aidan Roche playing, and I was very impressed. Faded out of the game as it went on but he had a cracking first 60 minutes or so.

We've lost to Mervue and drawn with Salthill now. 5 points dropped that would have us 4 points ahead of both Harps and Wexford. We can't be dropping points against those teams.

Town Legend
08/08/2010, 10:33 AM
Missed the game last night as I had a GAAAAAAA match. Disappointing result alright. Need to step things up for next week another match I'm going to miss because I'm playing another GAAAAAAA game. Bring back winter soccer I say so me and my mates can get out to the games.

outspoken
08/08/2010, 11:03 AM
1 goal was defo legit as for roaches i think he was ahead of the ball maybe not im not sure but the first goal we had dissalowed was perfect but i dont think we deserved to win anyway.......as for Lester sure he didnt play well but terminate his contract thats way ott ......at the moment until glynn comes back we dont really have a better peno taker maybe roachey could give it a try apart from that i wouldnt trust jayo with 1 and hynes like someone said should have been put down a long time ago......

Keen2win
08/08/2010, 11:22 AM
Jesus, has Oladele become possessed or something, he seems to be scoring for fun?

outspoken
08/08/2010, 4:23 PM
Jayo seemed to stop running towards the end that would be my only criticism of him last night apart from that Rovers should be worried :)

Cabs88
08/08/2010, 8:17 PM
very disapointed with the result last night, definately a case of two points dropped. I said 10 mins before Salthill scored that lester is not able for it and so it proved. He was very poor and was not able to keep up with the play, and meant our defensive line had to retreat to allow for his lack of pace. Salthill tried to play very narrow which meant we should have been playing more balls along the flank, esp to roche on the left who had the beating of the fullback every time, however this was not exploited often enough. I thought vik had an awful game in central midfield, and had no spatial awareness or awareness of his job whatsoever. Oladele took his goals well, and was a welcome addition to the very poor Hynes. As I said disapointing result, and the referee was dire also.

outspoken
09/08/2010, 1:37 PM
In fairness to Lester he is only filling in at center half when/if byrne comes back he will slot in their and Johhny will play CM again.

Cabs88
09/08/2010, 2:02 PM
doesnt matter where he plays he will be a liability unless his fitness improves!

The Insider
09/08/2010, 3:02 PM
doesnt matter where he plays he will be a liability unless his fitness improves!

Totally agree with you there Cabs. Someone said to me the other nite that they thought he'd put on weight. As for only filling in at centre half he had played there before at other clubs so its not a new position for him, his pace is letting him and us down. Saw that Byrne was back training so hopefully he will be able to play against Harps though he's going to be rusty.. Why not play Peter Hynes in defence, hes great at not scoring goals so he might help us prevent them :)

outspoken
09/08/2010, 4:41 PM
Ye hes played their before but players eventually lose their pace hes lost his thats not his fault hes one of our best players and if he goes hed be a huge loss , just cause your not as quick as you use to be dsnt mean your not fit

The Insider
09/08/2010, 5:19 PM
Ye hes played their before but players eventually lose their pace hes lost his thats not his fault hes one of our best players and if he goes hed be a huge loss , just cause your not as quick as you use to be dsnt mean your not fit

If you're not as quick as you used to be you're not as fit as you use to be, eh figures. Nobody is slating Lester or saying hes not a good player we were commenting about his lack of pace due to his lack of fitness. He was caught very badly Sat nite. Eh and where did you get the notion about supporters wanting him to go??

Martinho II
09/08/2010, 7:51 PM
yet again I couldnt make the match cos of commitments elsewhere but whats goin on with Oladele scorin for fun ? at this rate he will overtake Hynes and deans as top scorers.. Looks like a frustratin night last saturday. I really hope that they will cop on for friday night when it will be my first game in three long weeks!

outspoken
09/08/2010, 11:35 PM
If you're not as quick as you used to be you're not as fit as you use to be, eh figures. Nobody is slating Lester or saying hes not a good player we were commenting about his lack of pace due to his lack of fitness. He was caught very badly Sat nite. Eh and where did you get the notion about supporters wanting him to go??

Somebody here said he should have his contract terminated Lester is top class thats all im saying and hes just as fit as the rest of them imo

The Insider
10/08/2010, 12:12 AM
Somebody here said he should have his contract terminated Lester is top class thats all im saying and hes just as fit as the rest of them imo

Kieran you are entitled to your opinion that Lester is fit the same way as myself and other supporters believe his fitness needs to improve. And no one said his contract should be terminated, read the post again it was Hynes.. Read and think before you post things, you already said Section O were having a go at the team after the game when it was the ref they were venting their frustations at. Read stuff carefully like a good lad..

Cabs88
10/08/2010, 12:37 AM
ah come off it kieran.. can you honestly say he's as fit as the likes of mick lee, jay oladele, etc?! Anyone could see he wasnt able for it the other night, he is carrying too much weight and was visibly fatigued in the first half.. Top class?! Your havin a laugh

outspoken
10/08/2010, 9:09 AM
hes as fit as hynes anyway we will all agree on that hahaa

Acornvilla
10/08/2010, 11:26 AM
at least hynes ain't a stone r 2 overweight

The Insider
10/08/2010, 12:09 PM
The problem with Hynes isn't fitness, it's the fact he's bloody lazy...

Town Legend
12/08/2010, 4:13 PM
If Lester was only a stone or 2 overwieght he'd be flying!! Last I seen him he looked like he was carrying an extra 3 stone at least!!!!