PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 or HTC Desire

Dunny
02/08/2010, 11:11 PM
Straight to it, which would be better? After a new phone and it's between these two.

Cheers.

Magicme
02/08/2010, 11:25 PM
I have never had an iPhone so can't really compare but I have the HTC legend and it really is top class. My only complaint is the battery but since am pretty much on the phone all day work wise and email and browse a lot I am not surprised I have to charge it so much!

gael353
02/08/2010, 11:32 PM
The iphone 4 although it may have its reception problems is now being sorted by apple handing out a free rubber cover to try and sort the problem. HTCs are triumphed by meteor/eircom hence magicme having one. They are the nearest challengers to the iphone and many who i know have them (legend/hero/desire) swear by them. But no matter what smart phone you get the bigger the screan the worse the battery will be as it just drains the hell out of it

small edit: the htcs all have a lip at the end of them which makes getting a case for them difficult. there are official cases on htc.com but they cost a mint

Dunny
02/08/2010, 11:51 PM
Have heard about the reception issues, is it a big problem?

don ramo
03/08/2010, 12:10 AM
apparently its just if you hold it in a paticular way, they call it the death grip,

to be honest i would have a case on it regardless, i have the iphone 3Gs and personally id swear by it for a smart phone, although i hear the HTC Desire does support flash which would come in handy on some sites, but thats what my pc is for,

i dont think apple plan on allowing flash in the future as they look at it as security risk,

also at the moment apple have way more apps, the other phones are still cathing up, as apple incentivise writing apps by letting you kepp 60 or 70% of the money it makes, i dont know what way the others do it,

also the camera on the iphone is ****, i was alway a sony erricsson man, and only got the iphone cause sony didnt have any smart phones, i miss having a good camera in my pocket all the time, i dont know what the camera is like on the HTCs,

also the HTC desire is flat, it has no lip like the other HTC,

your choice,

Dunny
03/08/2010, 1:26 AM
Is it this small black strip on the side?

http://geniusgeeks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/iphone-4-antenna.jpg

Im pretty good with technology but the iPhone vs android topic confuses me

Would I be better maybe just getting a 3GS?

Magicme
03/08/2010, 4:04 PM
As Gael says the Legend has a lip on it but I got around that by putting it upside down into my old blackberry case and it fits perfectly. The great thing about the Legend is the camera and video, they are excellent and as it supports google etc its just like using a computer only pocket sized. Depends what you want it for mainly. Oh and there are loads of free apps coming online everyday for the Legend including Skype which is handy!

De Town
03/08/2010, 4:31 PM
Know absolutely nothing about the HTC, but I've got the the iPhone 3Gs and I couldn't speak highly enough of it. Definitely the best gadget I've ever had. Battery life is poor but I'm on it all day every day so it's hardly surprising I suppose.

dahamsta
03/08/2010, 6:22 PM
I have a Desire and it's the absolute berries, best handset I've had in a long line of excellent handsets. Android 2.2 is already available for unlocked Desires, and it should be coming soon on the networks. And the iPhone 4...

http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/iphone-4-antenna-decal-1.jpg