PDA

View Full Version : Best football game for the PS2

Countyman
19/04/2004, 1:22 PM
..either ISS Pro evo 3 , FIFA 2004 or TIF .

Personally for sheer playability then ISS wins it for me hands down although the licensing issue spoils it a bit ( just like real life ;)

FIFA is sooo slow compared to ISS although it has all the stadiums and correct player names and teams etc but when it comes down to kicking your mates ass then ISS is the best for all round believable action.

TIF is good too with some nice touches although the players movements and scoring can be a bit predictable.

any thoughts?

Éanna
19/04/2004, 1:28 PM
ISS Pro Evo without a doubt. I'll put up a poll for ya

Éanna
19/04/2004, 1:29 PM
thought a poll would do the trick here.

Éanna

brendy_éire
19/04/2004, 4:54 PM
I'm a FIFA man meself, always have been. TIF is decent as well, I've never loved ISS though.

Slash/ED
19/04/2004, 6:43 PM
Has to be PES, the others don't even come close imo.

Ruairi
20/04/2004, 12:36 PM
PES all the way. No other game I';ve ever played has come close to stealing as much of my life from me.

max power
20/04/2004, 10:06 PM
ehh x box......blows ps2 out of the water any day...

brendy_éire
20/04/2004, 10:10 PM
ehh x box......blows ps2 out of the water any day...

Disagree with ye there. The PS2 wins hands down, if even on the sheer number of games available for it. Plus, the XBox has head frying control pads.

Footie_Fan
20/04/2004, 10:14 PM
I haven't played the lastest version of TIF yet but I love Pro Evo. The gameplay is masterful only thing lacking is the offical rights.

max power
20/04/2004, 10:29 PM
the x box is more powerful and x box live rocks......i have both and the ps2 is covered in dust.......but i agree about the controller, i have the wireless one and its great, puls x box has championship manager and you can save music onto the 40gb hard drive.....

yur man
20/04/2004, 10:54 PM
xbox live is great for racing (pgr2) and shud be great with football too

ive always loved the iss games over fifa on all the previous platforms. cant beat 'em

max power
20/04/2004, 10:58 PM
one last thing and sorry for going off topic, but try out espn ice hockey, best game i've ever played....ever

adamcarr
21/04/2004, 2:34 PM
I dont have a clue how people like Pro Ev. **** Grafics, Fake players and fake teams. FIFA without a doubt and isnt the eircom league coming into FIFA 2005!

Neish
21/04/2004, 3:13 PM
PES is un challenged in the playability stakes. However FIFA is the one if you looking for all the players team and competitions etc.

TIF played the 2002 version it alright but nowhere near the other two. Got it shortly after I got the PS2 in a 3 for €50 deal.

Éanna
21/04/2004, 5:32 PM
I dont have a clue how people like Pro Ev. **** Grafics, Fake players and fake teams.
:rolleyes:

adamcarr
21/04/2004, 6:05 PM
:rolleyes:
I just dont no how a game like that could get so popular when man utd = Trad Brick. I agree it has better gameplay but you need to play proper competions etc...

Éanna
21/04/2004, 6:13 PM
the names make **** all difference, whats the point in man utd being called man utd if the playability is crap.

Slash/ED
21/04/2004, 6:56 PM
What difference does a few names, which you can edit, make? Basically what Éanna said

I even managed to get Shels into PES, I'm amazed with how good looking I got the shirt aswell.

adamcarr
21/04/2004, 8:06 PM
Im not saying its a bad game. I just rather playing with Van Nistlerooy instead of Van Nistleraum! It is a good game but I just think FIFA is better :cool:

Éanna
22/04/2004, 2:00 PM
Im not saying its a bad game. I just rather playing with Van Nistlerooy instead of Van Nistleraum!
How does it make a difference?! I can't understand your logic. If they were all fake players or you couldn't tell who was who fair enough, but you can tell who the players are so it makes **** all difference. Anyway, just get the patch and you can change the names with that

GavinZac
23/04/2004, 11:23 AM
i spent 3 or 4 or 7 ( ;) ) hours changing the names and club teams etc and then did all the transfers. i have all the teams correct and City and a National League XI put into it. by the way, its possible to make george perfectly, down to the designer stubble.

this game is incredible to play. the new fifas are pish poor in comparison. They go for the sky sports freaks who want to see o2 on arsenals jersey, or its not a good game. Sensible Soccer was the same, sometimes it didnt have the rights but no-one could dispute it being the king of soccer games.

Champ manager & pes (both SI games/Konami) beat FIFA Total Manager & 2004 (EA Sports "if its in the game, Its in last years game") hands down

jofyisgod
25/04/2004, 12:16 PM
by the way, its possible to make george perfectly, down to the designer stubble.
Yeh, my George even has the ever present long-sleeved shirt, great hair, boots, etc.

this game is incredible to play. the new fifas are pish poor in comparison. They go for the sky sports freaks who want to see o2 on arsenals jersey, or its not a good game.
Yeh, FIFA is a barstoolers paradise. "Wow, i can be my favourite Premiership players!", etc.

Champ manager & pes (both SI games/Konami) beat FIFA Total Manager & 2004 (EA Sports "if its in the game, Its in last years game") hands down

CM has got to be the greatest game ever, joint with the latest PES. Such playability and addictiveness. Nothing else seems to matter when that game comes on. :D

Ruairi
25/04/2004, 2:03 PM
CM has got to be the greatest game ever, joint with the latest PES. Such playability and addictiveness. Nothing else seems to matter when that game comes on. :D

well said mate. At the risked of being lynched, I messed around with City in the editor, gave meself 100 million quid, gave the cross a 100,000 capacity, created Nwankwo, signed Thierry henry on a free transfer, bought roy keane out of his contract, put john carew up front with henry...... anyways, it goes on and on, but i won the champions league.

and if anyone gives out to me for using an editor with CM, I was really bored that day.

GavinZac
26/04/2004, 9:48 AM
just surprised you could edit it all, my PC is so damn slow, it was just about bearable to play the CM3 series, but CM4 takes a minute per turn. i'm back playing CM97/98, i made a super league & put it instead of the belgian league, took a non-league scottish team to the premier division & cup winners cup victory, then moved to AC Milan (Shearer bangin them in) and then Real Madrid (raul & trezeguet with giggs and del piero providing :D )

the one side effect of my super league was that the UEFA, CL, & CW Cup go to strange teams. Also i made the Basque country a team and they finished last in their world cup qualifying group, then won the European Championships in Abbotstown Arena :D

but lets not dwell on CM, isnt there a thread devoted to it already?