PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock Rovers on TV - North London

Stuttgart88
29/07/2010, 1:21 PM
Hi all, I know the game is on RTE2 tonight and many London pubs have the Irish SKY box. However, my own local Irish pub can't guarantee they'll be able to show it as the only other channel showing Liverpool is Setanta Ireland. They can't show both games simultaneously because they both use the Irish SKY box. They'll show Rovers only if they can get the Italian feed or if they can get another Liverpool feed.

Does anyone know of a pub in (preferably north) London that is definitely showing Rovers?

dcfcsteve
29/07/2010, 1:24 PM
You could try ringing the Sheephaven Arms in Mornington Crescent (near tube station).

They have the Irish channels, are run by a Donegal man, and it's the base for the London Derry City Supporters Club.

So you could aks them if they'll put it on for you. It would obviously help if you can tell them you'll bring a bit of a crowd

Stuttgart88
29/07/2010, 1:36 PM
Thanks Steve. In fact one of the guys joining will be our mutual academic friend - Sean H.

paul_oshea
29/07/2010, 1:38 PM
Mr logue, he is a very nice chap stutts, very helpful and a good supporter of the Aisling foundation. IM sure he will put it on its a great pub, and it does great food, its a bit away, so i doubt ill make it down there.

Its online worldwide so might go for that option.

cob655
29/07/2010, 1:39 PM
The game is also streamed live off the RTE website worldwide (except for italy).so you can either watch it on your comp or ask the pub can you/they hook a laptop up to one of their tv's...

cob655
29/07/2010, 1:41 PM
on a different note the game is on rte2 at 7.45 yea??
because i checked the website and it only says the stream is live and on the guide the game is fixed for 9pm...

???

Pauro 76
29/07/2010, 1:59 PM
Sheephaven's a cracking bar, I'm sure they'll have no hassle in showing it.

Stuttgart88
29/07/2010, 2:06 PM
I just rang Sheephaven and he said of course he'll show it, but then I mentioned that the 2 games require Irish SKY and he said he'd have to check.

Crown Bar in Cricklewood is showing Liverpool.

My local, Corrib Rest, wants to show it but will have to bow to demand. The game is also on Premium Calcio which he can't find (he has all the other Italian stations). The owner of the pub also owns several others and is aware that there's demand. He has promised to call me shortly to let me know what they're doing.

Stuttgart88
29/07/2010, 2:24 PM
Sheephaven just told me he'd like to show it but that he too may have to bow to demand. He advises getting their early as first come first served will apply. I'll keep you posted as I hear more.

dcfcsteve
29/07/2010, 2:33 PM
Thanks Steve. In fact one of the guys joining will be our mutual academic friend - Sean H.

Give Sean my regards !

I used to enjoy his open sessions up at Birkbeck, but haven't been for a while as I've got meetings most Wednesday's now. I'm also fairly sure he's got my old email address, so I don't even think I'm on the mailing list for his lectures any more. So if you fancy asking him for his email address to pass on to me then I'd be much obliged :o)

I'll be recording the game tonight and watching it after a meeting, otherwise I'd be up for joining you's to watch it somewhere.

paul_oshea
29/07/2010, 3:28 PM
ah the life of a councillor...stutts i wonder would a smaller irish pub show it in cricklewood where there wont be people in them like the brent tavern or barretts??

Will there be highlights tonight on the website as i dont think ill get to watch it either unfortunately :(

Rasputin
29/07/2010, 3:33 PM
and it's the base for the London Derry City Supporters Club.
I can imagine that could confusion.

pateen
29/07/2010, 3:54 PM
Mayfair in Tooting showing it
Hop pole in wandsworth showing it also if you fancy trendy south london.... :-P

Stuttgart88
29/07/2010, 3:56 PM
It's already too late - I'd have had to have set off by now!

dcfcsteve
29/07/2010, 4:55 PM
Mayfair in Tooting showing it
Hop pole in wandsworth showing it also if you fancy trendy south london.... :-P

I didn't realise the beautiful South was such a hot-bed of Irish televisual activity... :D

Whereabouts is the Mayfair pateen ?

dcfcsteve
29/07/2010, 4:56 PM
It's already too late - I'd have had to have set off by now!

If you can make Mornington Cresecnt from now, then surely you can make Tooting ?

Good luck in getting a spot to watch it in.

Stuttgart88
01/08/2010, 4:23 PM
Watched it in the Sheephaven. Good call, thanks. Sean H says hi.

Pauro 76
02/08/2010, 6:33 AM
Had no idea about the Mayfair, Tooting. Must check that one out. Ganley's in Morden is a good venue too.