PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Division 1B 2010/11

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

kk11
27/07/2010, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the new 1B season from the new boys Athlunkard Villa, I'd like to congratulate my team on their 2A success last year and wish them the best for this year. Anyone have the low down on the teams expectations for the season? As I disagree with managers posting during the season this will be one of few posts.
Best of luck to All.

ProEvo
27/07/2010, 9:24 PM
Welcome to the new 1B season from the new boys Athlunkard Villa, I'd like to congratulate my team on their 2A success last year and wish them the best for this year. Anyone have the low down on the teams expectations for the season? As I disagree with managers posting during the season this will be one of few posts.
Best of luck to All.

this lge will be a tough 1 id say villa would be happy to stay up this year...... but its v hard to predict at this stage... but i will stick my neck out and say lish and cappamore:D for promo. best of luck ........ whats the full line up and opening fixtures??

Oneinallin
27/07/2010, 10:40 PM
It will be tricky league..alot of good teams, caherconlish and athlunkard villa (the two promotion teams) hospital and cappamore again. Knockainey started poor but finished strong, cals were way better than the place they finished, pike have a good team from last year, pallasgreen have new management and went well in cup, murroe and bruff the other two sides, it will be hard to take points off them at home. If i had to pick two teams, probably caherconlish and hospital, cals outside chance.

jumping jac
31/07/2010, 7:44 PM
keep an eye on pike this year folks,some gud signins an rearin to go from last seasons cup success:)

abbeyvale
01/08/2010, 3:03 AM
keep an eye on pike this year folks,some gud signins an rearin to go from last seasons cup success:)

Where have you been hiding the last few months???? You gonna play this season or will you be too busy "trying" to play golf instead.??

ProEvo
01/08/2010, 7:44 PM
Does any one have the fixtures for round 1, 2 and 3. ??

Zizou
05/08/2010, 9:57 AM
Here we go again boys!! The most competitive and unpredictable division in Limerick looks every bit as tough as any other season, in fact a little tougher.

From a Pike perspective, we are training very hard under the strict regime of Herr Adolf Donavan!!! All jokes aside it is great training and a refreshing change from the last few years of run Forrest run.... I reckon we'll be in very good shape to have a go at this league this season, especially with the cup win as momentum, and despite the fact we have lost a couple of players, we have signed some excellent ones. Just a look at some of the names now in our squad should make people treat us with plenty of respect in this division: Frank Stewart, Danis Bokens, Cian Hanrahan, and possibly Dermot Phelan all with Premier experiance, aswell as last years solid performers, Dom Bourke, Shane Constable, Anthony Lee, Michael Geary, Craig Slattery, Frank Hogan and the remaining veterans, Darren Duffy, Kieran Stewart and myself. A few good young lads have also joined the ranks and are creating selection headaches for our management duo. So we should have a very strong starting 11, with a decent bench also. We're very optimistic for the season.

In terms of the other teams I don't know much about the promoted sides, or the sides coming down, but this is no walk in the park boys, and you have to battle for every point in this division. I expect 1B to be every bit as competitive as the last ten years. So bring it on....

ProEvo
06/08/2010, 9:36 PM
Here we go again boys!! The most competitive and unpredictable division in Limerick looks every bit as tough as any other season, in fact a little tougher.

From a Pike perspective, we are training very hard under the strict regime of Herr Adolf Donavan!!! All jokes aside it is great training and a refreshing change from the last few years of run Forrest run.... I reckon we'll be in very good shape to have a go at this league this season, especially with the cup win as momentum, and despite the fact we have lost a couple of players, we have signed some excellent ones. Just a look at some of the names now in our squad should make people treat us with plenty of respect in this division: Frank Stewart, Danis Bokens, Cian Hanrahan, and possibly Dermot Phelan all with Premier experiance, aswell as last years solid performers, Dom Bourke, Shane Constable, Anthony Lee, Michael Geary, Craig Slattery, Frank Hogan and the remaining veterans, Darren Duffy, Kieran Stewart and myself. A few good young lads have also joined the ranks and are creating selection headaches for our management duo. So we should have a very strong starting 11, with a decent bench also. We're very optimistic for the season.

In terms of the other teams I don't know much about the promoted sides, or the sides coming down, but this is no walk in the park boys, and you have to battle for every point in this division. I expect 1B to be every bit as competitive as the last ten years. So bring it on....

You should be up there by the sounds of it. Pallas are under new managment i here fancy them to go far this year. Lish won 2a I think so they will be a tough team to beat from what some lads are telling me, Athlunkard the other side coming up dont know much about them but im sure they will be causing the top teams to fight for every point.

blueboy2
07/08/2010, 6:46 PM
I wouldent be making any predictions yet lads the talk around is that at least 2 teams in 1A are in trouble and 2 more in 1B.
It will be interesting to see the fixtures after Tuesday nights Council meeting.

Zizou
10/08/2010, 12:02 PM
With the Clare lot and the Orange Lodge reserves going up, this thread is going to be awful quiet this season.. Any computers out in Caherconlish or Cappamore??

Roadend
10/08/2010, 12:53 PM
There's two caherconlishers, but I think they only post at the weekend when they get into town to an internet cafe

briancool21
10/08/2010, 6:53 PM
Very funny Roadend :), I'm from Caherconlish but more involved in the B team nowadays

rooney10
13/08/2010, 11:33 AM
I have seen caherconlish in pre season and they look a strong and confident team.without doubt there centre forward brendan hourigan is there strongest asset.hes powerfull in the air and a good eye for goal.i think they will be up there.hospital,herbertstown,knockainey and bruffs squads are going to be stretched until the gaa finished.

the bandit
13/08/2010, 1:15 PM
I have seen caherconlish in pre season and they look a strong and confident team.without doubt there centre forward brendan hourigan is there strongest asset.hes powerfull in the air and a good eye for goal.i think they will be up there.hospital,herbertstown,knockainey and bruffs squads are going to be stretched until the gaa finished.

Well said Brendan???????

rooney10
13/08/2010, 3:51 PM
no not brendan.im nothin to do wit caherconlish even.

Creid
14/08/2010, 12:55 AM
I wouldent be making any predictions yet lads the talk around is that at least 2 teams in 1A are in trouble and 2 more in 1B.
It will be interesting to see the fixtures after Tuesday nights Council meeting.

It seems to be common knowledge around the local soccer scene but just to confirm for all 1B teams, Pallas have pulled out of the league. Will not be competing at any level this season

villain10
14/08/2010, 12:46 PM
athlunkard won 2a last year, not the lish. we signed a few new players but the main thing was getting everyone to sign again this year, which we were successful in doing. good luck to all during the coming season, really looking forward to it! :D

mysteryman
17/08/2010, 2:58 PM
Thursday 19th
O’Neill’s Soccer Division 1B
Athlunkard Villa v Caherconlish, J Clancy
Knockainey v Caledonians, J Carey
Pike B v Cappamore, B Kelly
Murroe v Hospital, P O’Brien
Pallasgreen v Bruff, O Hayes
Dromore v Herbertstown, J Curran

Sunday 22nd
Caledonians v Athlunkard Villa, 10.30, O Hayes
Pike B v Caherconlish, 10.30, T Mannion
Hospital v Knockainey, 10.30, P O’Brien
Bruff v Cappamore, 10.30, K O’Driscoll
Herbertstown v Murroe, 10.30, J Clancy
Dromore v Pallasgreen, 2.00, M Prenderville

although im guessing Bruff and then dromore have the day off

Fairkop
17/08/2010, 9:07 PM
could be a right old scrap in this division lads top and bottom with pallas gone and still two to go down?

Oneinallin
18/08/2010, 6:45 PM
Predictions

Athlunkard Villa 1 v Caherconlish 2, J Clancy
Knockainey 1 v Caledonians 1, J Carey
Pike B 1 v Cappamore 1, B Kelly
Murroe 0 v Hospital 2, P O’Brien
Pallasgreen v Bruff, O Hayes OFF
Dromore 1 v Herbertstown 2, J Curran

Sunday 22nd
Caledonians 1 v Athlunkard Villa 3, 10.30, O Hayes
Pike B 2 v Caherconlish 1, 10.30, T Mannion
Hospital 2 v Knockainey 0, 10.30, P O’Brien
Bruff 0 v Cappamore 2, 10.30, K O’Driscoll
Herbertstown 0 v Murroe 1, 10.30, J Clancy
Dromore v Pallasgreen, 2.00, M Prenderville OFF

briancool21
19/08/2010, 8:03 PM
Caherconlish and athlunkard finished 1-1 far as i know and lish missed penalty in the first half

champs09
19/08/2010, 8:16 PM
pike 1 cappa 0
good game pike took the lead in the first half with a free kick. cappa pushed hard for a goal in the last 20 mins but pike held on for the win cappa and pike are both strong teams and will both be there abouts at the end of the season any other results

rooney10
19/08/2010, 8:44 PM
knockainey 3-2 cals

stevieg
19/08/2010, 8:49 PM
yes brian caherconlish and athlunkard finished 1-1 the lish missed a first half penalty or should i say it was a great save from the keeper and he also made a great save shortly after that athlunkards goal will probably dissapoint clish had a few oppertuinities to clear but they fought back well and got their reward either team could have won this game but a draw seems a fair result best of luck athlunkard for the season

Edgey
19/08/2010, 8:55 PM
Dromore 1 Herbertstown 1

mysteryman
19/08/2010, 9:15 PM
muroe 1 - 2 Hospital

Zizou
20/08/2010, 10:10 AM
Pike 1-0 Cappamore

A very tough contest this, between two strong sides. Cappamore are fit and physical and can play a bit too. They were only denied a point by an excellent second half defensive display by our boys. We took the lead around the half hour mark. A foul on the edge of the box gave Frank Hogan the chance to punish Cappamore, and he obliged with a lovely free-kick. We had a couple of long distance shots and one or two good crosses into the box, but nothing to trouble the Capp keeper, who was impressive. Capp were very quick on the counter and stretched our defence several times, but lacked that killer edge up front. In the second half we dug deep and were on the back foot a lot, but the best chance fell to us as Anthony Lee hit the bar with a super effort. The work rate from all 11 and 3 subs was top notch and the pre-season training is already paying dividends. Well done to Capp, a very good team and one to watch this season. Their right back was excellent. Best for the Hoops, Kieran Stewart, Craig Slattery and Dom Bourke.

ProEvo
20/08/2010, 1:48 PM
yes brian caherconlish and athlunkard finished 1-1 the lish missed a first half penalty or should i say it was a great save from the keeper and he also made a great save shortly after that athlunkards goal will probably dissapoint clish had a few oppertuinities to clear but they fought back well and got their reward either team could have won this game but a draw seems a fair result best of luck athlunkard for the season

good result for both teams maybe!!! I thought lish would win this 1 heard AV had missed a couple of 1 on 1's and missed sitter in last min. cappa were v unlucky not to get anything out of the game last night pike were super at the back could not break them down!! long season in a v tight leauge.

Oneinallin
22/08/2010, 12:55 PM
Cappamore 3 Bruff 2

Good competitive game from both sides. Both were missing few starters but both had strong sides. Bruff started the better and had a few half chances but nothing clean cut, then cappamore got into the game and had a few chances before the broke the dead lock before half time. Bruff responded in the second half with an early goal from the penalty spot and it was followed by a tap in to get them 2-1 ahead. Cappamore came back and scored from a free kick. Cappamore pushed on and got the winner with an excellent through ball and they finished well. Bruff hit the crossbar in the last 20mins also. Cappamore got a deserved penalty in the last kick of the game but the keeper made a good save. The referee had a poor game and booked anyone for any bit of back chat or chat in general, alot of decisions were poor. First game for bruff and they might have a few gaa players back in the future will be hard to beat.

stevieg
22/08/2010, 3:17 PM
caherconlish v pike didnt go ahead both teams ready but......no ref

mundener
22/08/2010, 4:39 PM

and there was 1 ref watching on the sideline cals v Athlunkard Villa this morning.

cals 2 - 5 AV

stevieg
22/08/2010, 7:32 PM
hope he enjoyed it

rooney10
22/08/2010, 8:03 PM
hospital 3-1 knockainey
herbertstown 2-1 murroe

Fairkop
22/08/2010, 10:45 PM

saw that this morning,both teams had full squads are made wait over half an hour and no ref present ,joke.

villain10
23/08/2010, 12:20 AM
I ws talking to Paddy Collins bout pike vs lish today. the ldmc had the game fixed for a 2 o'clock k.o. A's and B's from a single club do not tend play at the same time, but can in rare cases. The mistake was the limerick leader printing the wrong k.o. time. A referee was on his way out to do it, and had arrived 5 mins after lish had left the ground. The reason the ref on the side could not have done it watchin the A match was that he'd have to go home first, then back, whereas the other ref had one journey to make.

Zizou
23/08/2010, 10:57 AM
Pike-Caherconlish

Off due to no ref...

Glorious morning, two full squads, pitch in perfect nick. What could possibly go wrong???

Ya....

Jofspring
23/08/2010, 2:47 PM
I ws talking to Paddy Collins bout pike vs lish today. the ldmc had the game fixed for a 2 o'clock k.o. A's and B's from a single club do not tend play at the same time, but can in rare cases. The mistake was the limerick leader printing the wrong k.o. time. A referee was on his way out to do it, and had arrived 5 mins after lish had left the ground. The reason the ref on the side could not have done it watchin the A match was that he'd have to go home first, then back, whereas the other ref had one journey to make.

This is ridiculous. Happens way too often too. One thing i will ask though was did anybody get onto the LDMC or Paddy Collins to ask if the ref was coming? Surely they should have been able to say there was a mistake and he was on his way.

trigger 16
23/08/2010, 4:46 PM
just a shout out to briancool21 and all the other lish boys just to let you know
that "limited ability" from the forest scored at weekend

stevieg
23/08/2010, 5:16 PM
pity it didnt go ahead but the lish were told to go that no game would be played anyway nothing lost or gained so just have to get on with it

Oneinallin
24/08/2010, 5:01 PM
Thursday 26th
Athlunkard Villa v Pike B, J Carey
Caledonians v Hospital, O Hayes
Caherconlish v Bruff, B Kelly
Knockainey v Herbertstown, T Mannion
Dromore v Cappamore, T Meagher

Sunday 29th
Murroe v Cappamore, 10.30, F O’Neill
Hospital v Athlunkard Villa, 10.30, M Kiely
Bruff v Pike B, 10.30, M Bourke
Herbertstown v Caledonians, 10.30, T Mannion
Dromore v Caherconlish, 10.30, P O’Brien

Thursday 2nd
Athlunkard Villa v Bruff
Hospital v Herbertstown
Pike B v Dromore
Caherconlish v Murroe
Knockainey v Cappamore

villain10
26/08/2010, 7:45 PM
Athlunkard 2-1 Pike Rvs

Good win for us against a tough Pike side. Worked hard for it and probably deserved it in the end. Had a few chances to make it more. Breakthrough came when the ref gave us a debatable penalty. 1-0 the ref made amends by giving Pike an even more debatable peno. The winner came halfway through the 2nd half, when a corner was eventually turned in from close range. Must be said, Pike almost got the equiliser only for a fantastic save from our keeper who then collided with the post, great save B!

stevieg
26/08/2010, 8:20 PM
caherconlish 1 bruff 2 dissapointing result for the lish we missed a penalty and a few glorious chances but in saying that bruff also missed a peno and hit the post and crossbar its a good bruff side and they will be able opponents for most teams but still a long way to go just look at athlunkard last season

rooney10
26/08/2010, 8:40 PM
knockainey 5-3 herbertstown
danger reffed it and he tried to ruin watwas a good match....

Fairkop
26/08/2010, 10:27 PM
saw most of the lish v bruff game,lively enough match but disappointed with the football played,too much long ball and to be fair bruff just about deserved it.caherconlish had a few regulars on the bench ,whats the story there lads ?

paddy
26/08/2010, 11:15 PM
Dromore 2 - 4 Cappamore Celtic

abbeyvale
27/08/2010, 12:29 AM
Hospital 3 3 0 0 8 3 9
Athlunkard Villa 3 2 1 0 8 4 7
Cappamore 3 2 0 1 7 5 6
Knockainey 3 2 0 1 9 8 6
Herbertstown 3 1 1 1 6 7 4
Bruff Utd 2 1 0 1 4 4 3
Pike Rvs B 2 1 0 1 2 2 3
Caherconlish 2 0 1 1 2 3 1
Dromore Celtic 2 0 1 1 3 5 1
Murroe 2 0 0 2 2 4 0
Caledonians 3 0 0 3 5 11 0

Results
Thursday 26th
Athlunkard Villa 2-1 Pike B,
Caledonians 1-3 Hospital,
Caherconlish 1-2 Bruff,
Knockainey 5-3 Herbertstown,
Dromore 2-4 Cappamore,

Fixtures
Sunday 29th
Murroe v Cappamore, 10.30, F O’Neill
Hospital v Athlunkard Villa, 10.30, M Kiely
Bruff v Pike B, 10.30, M Bourke
Herbertstown v Caledonians, 10.30, T Mannion
Dromore v Caherconlish, 10.30, P O’Brien

Thursday 2nd
Athlunkard Villa v Bruff
Hospital v Herbertstown
Pike B v Dromore
Caherconlish v Murroe
Knockainey v Cappamore

bruffunited
27/08/2010, 6:00 AM
saw most of the lish v bruff game,lively enough match but disappointed with the football played,too much long ball and to be fair bruff just about deserved it.caherconlish had a few regulars on the bench ,whats the story there lads ?
the referee wrecked the game alot of bad decisions and very inconsistant.very scrappy game all long balls over the top from both teams

rooney10
27/08/2010, 9:17 AM
cals 1-3 hospital

champs09
27/08/2010, 1:24 PM
pike were missing a few players last night with 2 called up to the the a team and 2 injured, but looked like a tough game athlunkard look to be a strong side and will do well this season. as usual the ref was poor

mysteryman
27/08/2010, 1:29 PM
agree with champs09, from the games iv seen so far refs have been poor. u expect one or two wrong decisions but there seems to be far too many, refs making more of challenges than they actually are, ruinin games, its as if they see the teams playing and presume its going to be a dirty game when its actually not.