PDA

View Full Version : Kinnear says £10mil for Reid!

eirebhoy
18/04/2004, 5:48 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/nottm_forest/3636843.stm

This is bad news for Ireland IMO. I can't see any club paying that for him. Maybe a part exchange would be more realistic.

scouser
18/04/2004, 6:22 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/nottm_forest/3636843.stm

This is bad news for Ireland IMO. I can't see any club paying that for him. Maybe a part exchange would be more realistic.

Managers always talk big money about their best players. Its just to strengthen their position when the deal is being trashed out. I would not worry too much - in fact its a sign of two things:

Reid is big money and has generated a lot of interest from top clubs because of his consistently good performances. In that way it's great to see him develop and be talked about, just like Duff did at Blackburn.

ElSieteSecretos
18/04/2004, 7:04 PM
"I'd like to keep Reid here and build a team around him"

"He's a great player, very talented and with the ability to go all the way."

"He's got turn of pace, can curl a ball, use his right foot, has a bright brain and gives you that balance on the left side of the park."

Forest manager Joe Kinnear

it looks like he realises what a good player he is and he would like to keep him.

petef
18/04/2004, 8:15 PM
He doesnt, just talking him up, everyone knows hes on his way, probably Spurs, he's lacked a bit of interest lately because he knows he's off in the summer.

Furious George
18/04/2004, 11:09 PM
I've gotta agree with petef. He'll go this summer. Kinnear is just talking him up to extract as much money as possible from whoever buys him.

Kinnear's hardly gonna turn around and say Reid is worth crap all now is he? Especially since Ried has let it be known that he wants to play Premiership football next season.

John83
19/04/2004, 12:54 PM
AERTEL said that 17 premiership clubs watched him in the last Forrest match. If that's even half true, I'd be talking up his price too.

ElSieteSecretos
19/04/2004, 7:01 PM
Reid is a magnificant player and is going to bring balance and brillance to the Ireland team, he is worth a great deals more money than the proposed £10 Millions.

carnstien
19/04/2004, 9:28 PM
There is no way Forest will get 10 million for Ried, not that he isn't worth it, but they are a club in financial turmoil and possibly on the way to Division 2, they will be luck to get 5 for him, unless there is somekind of crazy biddding war between top clubs which is fairly unlikely

The Legend
19/04/2004, 11:05 PM
Spurs should pay the money... their midfield are the worst shower of useless w**kers i have ever seen

Ozymandias
20/04/2004, 9:31 AM
Forest are safe efeectively after last weekends esults so they will be in Div 1 next year.Spurs are **** but we need more than Andy reid....a few of our players need a few labotomy's.

Breen
20/04/2004, 10:40 AM
For ****'s sake don't let him go to Spurs... otherwise it's RIP Andy Reid's career. I'd be happy for him to go anywhere except there in the Premiership... they've got a very good record of ruining players at White Hart Lane.

Kinnear reckons there's not much difference between Reidy and Duff? Hmm...

eirebhoy
20/04/2004, 11:44 AM
Kinnear reckons there's not much difference between Reidy and Duff? Hmm...
He probably meant Duff at 21 and Reid at present.