PDA

View Full Version : Trialists

The Fox
21/07/2010, 10:11 PM
A few new names tonight - anyone know if any of them have signed and if so does anyone have any info on them?
Gary Dempsey - had a good game and would give great experience to the midifeld
Sean Houston - looked promising at full back.
Darragh Satalle? - forward
Neil McManus? - goalkeeper

total hoofball
21/07/2010, 11:58 PM
Dempsey and Satalle are training with Bohs so I guess they got gametime as a favour. I'm sure you know of Dempsey, Satalle is a former Celtic and Hull youth player

Sean Houston plays for UCD, think he's an attacking centre-mid/forward. He's from Donegal and was with Finn Harps before joining UCD last summer. He was part of UCDs under 20 team that won their league but hasn't got a look in with the first team

Not even google throws anything up on the other guy

Roo69
22/07/2010, 8:50 AM
A few new names tonight - anyone know if any of them have signed and if so does anyone have any info on them?
Gary Dempsey - had a good game and would give great experience to the midifeld
Sean Houston - looked promising at full back.
Darragh Satalle? - forward
Neil McManus? - goalkeeper

Dempsey would be a brilliant signing alright but he is looking for a move back to the UK so was playing to up his match sharpness.

McManus in nets is the WFTA keeper AFAIK

Dodge
22/07/2010, 9:00 AM
Think its fair to assume that Dempsey won't be signing for Bohs now lads...

SupaJon
22/07/2010, 9:15 AM
Dempsey and Satalle are training with Bohs so I guess they got gametime as a favour.
Sean Houston plays for UCD,

How does that work then?

Is there a chance that any of these could sign for us?

If not, it seems strange to give them a game.

Roo69
22/07/2010, 11:46 AM
Think its fair to assume that Dempsey won't be signing for Bohs now lads...

Can't see him signing for us either though, i don't think we could afford he's wages?

Conor Sinnott was also released frmo Pats a few weeks back, another good passing midfielder and would be good for our squad i feel. Watched him for Pats A team against Bray a few weeks back and he totally ran the show.

On another note about last nights friendly match with Boro, I have to say i thought Leroy Lita was a complete and utter tosser. I was running the mini game at half time for St. Anthony's Kilcoole Under 8s and after it had finished, i asked Lita and another Boro sub as well as our own Danny O'Connor to jump in the photo with them. Lita wouldn't get in the photo with the kids, thought he was so arrogant about it all. Just really annoyed me that he thought he was above the whole occasion. Anyway, rant over :p

KK77
22/07/2010, 1:39 PM
Can't see him signing for us either though, i don't think we could afford he's wages?

Conor Sinnott was also released frmo Pats a few weeks back, another good passing midfielder and would be good for our squad i feel. Watched him for Pats A team against Bray a few weeks back and he totally ran the show.

On another note about last nights friendly match with Boro, I have to say i thought Leroy Lita was a complete and utter tosser. I was running the mini game at half time for St. Anthony's Kilcoole Under 8s and after it had finished, i asked Lita and another Boro sub as well as our own Danny O'Connor to jump in the photo with them. Lita wouldn't get in the photo with the kids, thought he was so arrogant about it all. Just really annoyed me that he thought he was above the whole occasion. Anyway, rant over :p

Did you ask him why he wouldn't get in for the photo?

Roo69
22/07/2010, 2:59 PM
Did you ask him why he wouldn't get in for the photo?

Nope, i asked him very nicely, he said no and turned his back. He was just standing there doing nothing. It wasn't as if he was being put out or being asked to do any thing major. IMO he was a p*ick about it.

Stevo Da Gull
22/07/2010, 8:56 PM
I don't think Lita impressed anyone last night. He got under one of his team mates' skin, and they were having a good go at each other. It certainly ****ed off some of the 'Boro fans.

tippex
23/07/2010, 12:39 PM
In fairness to one of the other Boro players they had no problem.
Lita just came across as a c**k.....

KK77
23/07/2010, 1:51 PM
Nope, i asked him very nicely, he said no and turned his back. He was just standing there doing nothing. It wasn't as if he was being put out or being asked to do any thing major. IMO he was a p*ick about it.

Manners cost nothing.