PDA

View Full Version : Bohs V Rovers Friday Night

addnsouth
17/04/2004, 11:08 AM
Can anyone explain to me why some of the Rovers are just such scum.

Why did they start ripping up seats after Bohs 2nd goal
Why did the start throwing objects at the police

Now Rovers fans, dont try and tell me you are all Angels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BiffTannen
17/04/2004, 11:53 AM
The pigs head was a good laugh I thought. Though we should have won, I am delighted by the manner of our comeback.

Gary
17/04/2004, 12:23 PM
The pigs head was a good laugh I thought.

Hardly original was it? :rolleyes:

And doesnt that tallaght scumbag hoop know now that he is depriving his family of food for God knows how long?

thecorner
17/04/2004, 1:34 PM
And the threw a pigs ahead at Tony Grant. Scumbags. Kick them cnuts out off the league.

IF WE DONE THAT TO REYNOLDS, WE WOULD LOVE IT AND U CANT SAY OTHERWISE

been done before but still class

first time i agree with rovers fans

eoinh
17/04/2004, 1:38 PM
And the threw a pigs ahead at Tony Grant. Scumbags. Kick them cnuts out off the league.

How i want to know did the LOI column on Aertel know that was going to happen? I read the article before the match.

max power
17/04/2004, 1:44 PM
keddy was quoted on elevenaside as saying he was thinkin the rovers "fans" would treat him as the barca fans treated figo on his return to them

Footie_Fan
17/04/2004, 4:14 PM
And doesnt that tallaght scumbag hoop know now that he is depriving his family of food for God knows how long?

:D

Rovers have again disgraced themselves, truly a club for the dregs of society.

patsh
17/04/2004, 4:27 PM
Lads, to be fair, some of the Bohs fans are hardly angels either, there are 2 groups of them in it.
It also seems a rovers fan was assaulted by stewards for no reason at all.

Anto
17/04/2004, 4:28 PM
Hey "addnsouth" surely you can explain it if it happened beside you no?

As you said you saw it happen, then why are you questioning yourself.

Idiot.

addnsouth
17/04/2004, 4:35 PM
Hey "addnsouth" surely you can explain it if it happened beside you no?

As you said you saw it happen, then why are you questioning yourself.

Idiot.

ANTO

I never said I was at the match, I saw it on TV last night.

I was not there, but if you were there or are a Rovers Head maybe you can explain

Robinski
17/04/2004, 4:43 PM
How i want to know did the LOI column on Aertel know that was going to happen? I read the article before the match.

There was talk of it on the ultras MB all last week.

This match has been building and building, it being the rivals first meeting of the season and all.

The atmosphere at the match was brilliant. Both sets of fans desperately trying to out-sing each other and kept it up for most of the match.

Anto
17/04/2004, 7:21 PM
Didn't see any of that carry on any television station.

Saw some till rolls thrown in anger, not seats or any projectiles of any kind.

Gary
17/04/2004, 7:25 PM
That was some peno decision alright! No way in the world was it a penalty.

Will Rovers get into trouble for their players actions after the game? I know they were probably justified, but they totally surrounded McKeown. He must have shat himself!

A face
17/04/2004, 9:14 PM
they totally surrounded McKeown. He must have shat himself!

Liam O'Brien A.K.A. The Blob was right up into his face, i thought he was going to deck him. He never got that hyper at the cross.

addnsouth
18/04/2004, 12:22 PM
Didn't see any of that carry on any television station.

Saw some till rolls thrown in anger, not seats or any projectiles of any kind.

TV3 had it on Sports Tonight on Friday.

Watch Eircom League on Monday and you will see

LukeO
18/04/2004, 5:04 PM
Directors from both sides counted the broken seat before in the Connaught St. side of the ground, there was 3.

A director from Bohs counted 27 seats broken in the Connaught St. side after the game. :mad:

In fairness to Rovers, I didn't see them throwing anything major onto the pitch when Hunt scored, but I was too busy celebrating anyway :p , but I recorded Sports Tonight on Friday and didn't see anything being thrown onto the pitch. :confused:

Deboez Online - the unofficial home of Bohemian FC - http://www.deboez.ipfox.com

Colm
18/04/2004, 5:23 PM
IF WE DONE THAT TO REYNOLDS, WE WOULD LOVE IT AND U CANT SAY OTHERWISE

been done before but still class

Exactly. I thought it was class, all that tension adds a bit of spice to the fixture. I just hope that City and Waterford becomes as passionate and heated a game. I think it's heading in that direction alright.

Don't get me wrong though, I still think Rovers are homeless scum!

liamon
19/04/2004, 8:12 AM
I do enjoy a bit of tension in a game.
But if the fans are throwing things onto the pitch and ripping out seats, then it's gone too far.

How do we expect people to bring kids to a game if it's going to turn into a scene like that?

corkharps
19/04/2004, 10:08 AM
There is something very wrong, when these ******* can carry on the same way week in week out.Somebody knows who they are and unless its sorted............ :mad:

pete
19/04/2004, 10:33 AM
And the threw a pigs ahead at Tony Grant.

Think everyone can see that for the joke it was.

:rolleyes:

Éanna
19/04/2004, 12:02 PM
They've been talking about it for weeks on their message boards. I think it was brilliant, I'd have loved to have had one for the rat when he came back. From what I've read about what happened there was a lot of shapes thrown by scumbags on both sides. Nothing too serious happened by all acounts apart from a rovers fan (allegedly) being attacked by a Bohs steward. if what the rovers fans are saying is true the security arrangements were a mess.

wws
19/04/2004, 12:17 PM
Nothing too serious happened by all acounts apart from a rovers fan (allegedly) being attacked by a Bohs steward.

they're not bohs stewards. like all dublin ties security is done by the fai who employ their own stewards and use the same firm always

Éanna
19/04/2004, 12:25 PM
Oh right. thats that jackbooted shower from frontline is it? What do they do- give them a choice between solitary in mountjoy or stewarding eirom League games? Thugs :rolleyes:

wws
19/04/2004, 12:32 PM
yeah they used to be called frontline than changed their name : the big guy pictured in all the papers protecting the ref at rovers bohs/ protecting brian kerr in georgia / protecting ollie byrne in derry is the boss of the whole thing

SÓC
19/04/2004, 1:02 PM
No surprise that security at the match was a mess if Frontline were involved.

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Goons

Goons Who?

Hired Goons

WeAreRovers
19/04/2004, 1:13 PM

Grow up you baby. Even the Bohs fans thought it was funny and it made 5 national papers over the weekend. Unlike other fans we actually do what we say we're going to do. Usual hysterical Corkie nonsense on here. :rolleyes:

KOH

Éanna
19/04/2004, 1:39 PM
Usual hysterical Corkie nonsense on here. :rolleyes:
don't tar us all with the same brush. I'm sure most football fans saw the funny side of it. BTW, whats the story with the guy who got slapped by the steward?

pete
19/04/2004, 2:09 PM
whats the story with the guy who got slapped by the steward?

Is he the guy with Balkan paramilitary links? ;)

Colm
19/04/2004, 2:16 PM
yeah they used to be called frontline than changed their name : the big guy pictured in all the papers protecting the ref at rovers bohs/ protecting brian kerr in georgia / protecting ollie byrne in derry is the boss of the whole thing

Yeah, I know of the guy you're talking about.
He was trying to have a go at a few City fans in Inchicore after the game against Pats a few weeks ago. And I've seen him wandering around like he owns the place and treating fans like sh!t at numerous Dublin grounds. He's as bad as the goons that work for him.

sadloserkid
19/04/2004, 2:56 PM
Yeah but what about the poor pig? Am I the only one thinking of him? What a noble sacrafice! :p

Macy
19/04/2004, 3:29 PM
Yeah but what about the poor pig?
From what I've read, a few more pigs could do with beheading around Phibsboro....

Dodge
19/04/2004, 3:44 PM
I got good head from a pig in Phibsboro before...

Sorry, couldn't resist (her or the joke...)

bohs til i die
19/04/2004, 4:46 PM

The guy in the paper with the beard isnt in charge of the whole operation. Things have changed there.

As for the security, the FAI and the Gardai took full control of Friday night's operation. It had nothing to do with the clubs and the only Bohs stewards involved were those who did the mesh thing at half time in the Jodi.

Gary
19/04/2004, 4:53 PM
There was talk in the Mirror today that all future fixture between Shams and Boez will be played at 11am saturday morning in order to avaoid crowd trouble.

It also mentioned that the residents of Inchicore may not allow Shams have their home games against Boez happen at Richmond!

I know all of the above is a bit hysterical, but the situation needs addressing. But to be fair, from the coverage i have read and what Ive seen on each clubs forums, it seems to main culprits here were the supposed security.

Dodge
19/04/2004, 4:57 PM
Keep that to yourself. Some guy in England just got 12 months for 'messing around' with a horse...
In this case I was the horse...

Really, sorry about these...

bohs til i die
19/04/2004, 6:12 PM
There was talk in the Mirror today that all future fixture between Shams and Boez will be played at 11am saturday morning in order to avaoid crowd trouble.

It also mentioned that the residents of Inchicore may not allow Shams have their home games against Boez happen at Richmond!

I know all of the above is a bit hysterical, but the situation needs addressing. But to be fair, from the coverage i have read and what Ive seen on each clubs forums, it seems to main culprits here were the supposed security.

Security inside the ground was ok. Apart from ONE incident involving a Rovers fan being assaulted it went ok, it was outside that was the problem and thats the fault of those involved.

lefty
19/04/2004, 6:36 PM
The pigs head thing was brilliant :D But how the fúck did they get a pigs head passed all the security that was at the match.

Thats gonna take some beating. Any ideas how any set of supporters is going to beat throwing a pigs head onto the pitch at a match?

GavinZac
19/04/2004, 7:17 PM
The pigs head thing was brilliant :D But how the fúck did they get a pigs head passed all the security that was at the match.

Thats gonna take some beating. Any ideas how any set of supporters is going to beat throwing a pigs head onto the pitch at a match?

tripping a law man onto the pitch at the cross ;)

John83
19/04/2004, 8:16 PM

Thats gonna take some beating. Any ideas how any set of supporters is going to beat throwing a pigs head onto the pitch at a match?You think that's impressive? Some fans in Italy dropped a motorcycle off the top tier of their stadium a couple of years back. Think how hard it would be to get a motorbike into a ground.

eoinh
19/04/2004, 9:13 PM
You think that's impressive? Some fans in Italy dropped a motorcycle off the top tier of their stadium a couple of years back. Think how hard it would be to get a motorbike into a ground.

I saw that on TV. They dropped it onto the tier below them. How nobody was killed was beyond me

WeAreRovers
20/04/2004, 11:24 AM
Security inside the ground was ok. Apart from ONE incident involving a Rovers fan being assaulted it went ok, it was outside that was the problem and thats the fault of those involved.

Total ****** and you know it. Security inside the ground was appalling. You weren't on the Connacht St side so you don't know what happened. A number of our fans were assaulted, one very seriously. There are criminal and civil actions pending.

As for outside the ground, more terrible policing. If the powers that be can't police one flashpoint they have no right to bleat about trouble. Closing the Dalymount bars and allowing Bohs fans to congregate outside the Bohemian are both decisions made by the police. They are directly responsible.

KOH

Schumi
20/04/2004, 2:26 PM
Thought they were to be in Dalymount anyway. :confused:

lefty
24/04/2004, 5:24 PM
Yeh i knew about the motorbike case in Italy. But then again they are all mad *******s over there when it comes to football. Just look at what happened when Roma played Lazio.

As for throwing a motorbike onto the pitch, that might be a bit difficult but you could deffinetely get away with it in Belfield Park

Anyone got a motorbike/moped handy? :D