PDA

View Full Version : Leinster Cup final

naoise kennedy
19/07/2010, 8:38 PM
We are in the cup final against shels, great for the lads and eddie, hopefully it will give a boost to the team, it really looks like these new players are making a difference to the team..

When and where will the final take place. well done all concerned..

rocket
19/07/2010, 9:49 PM
What a difference a couple of days make. Great hard fought win for eddie and the lads. we were by far the better team tonight, a final to look forward to, who would have believed it, smashing team performance, a great hat trick for shane, bring on shels, cant wait.

Bray Head
20/07/2010, 8:07 AM
We are in the cup final against shels, great for the lads and eddie, hopefully it will give a boost to the team, it really looks like these new players are making a difference to the team..

When and where will the final take place. well done all concerned..

It's a toss of a coin for home venue from what I heard.

SupaJon
20/07/2010, 9:17 AM
Cracking game last night!

Pity about the small crowd though.

Unusual tactic playing Jake at left back & bringing on Massey at left midfield...but it worked fine.
Jake Kelly played really well in defence.

Hopefully Mulroy's injury isn't too bad....

And as for that UCD miss near the end....:D

Nice to see the rainbows out near the end too!

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt148/Lt_Hutz73/19072010064.jpg

peadar1987
20/07/2010, 10:25 AM
When's the final?

Bray-Z
20/07/2010, 2:53 PM
When's the final?

The final of the Leinster Senior Cup will be played at either the Carlisle Grounds or Tolka Park.

The selection of the venue and the date for the final will be made next Wednesday 28th July.

Roo69
23/07/2010, 11:12 AM
Final Details Now Confirmed.

Bray Wanderers v Shelbourne will take place in the Carlisle Grounds on Monday 2nd August @ 3.30pm. This is the bank holiday Monday.

SupaJon
27/07/2010, 9:02 AM
Still no update on ticket news....

HarpoJoyce
27/07/2010, 9:08 AM
I was at a Leinster Senior Cup Final involving Bray Wanderers at Dalymount Park. St. Pat's fans described your team as "cockle-shell heroes" ( a movie reference, but I thought you should know).

Is this the first Leinster Senior Cup Final at Carlisle Grounds (HOWF)?

BrayUnknowns
27/07/2010, 9:52 AM
Yeah the cup final is in the Carlisle this coming Monday at 3.30pm. I would presume the Leinster FA will keep ticket prices the same as other rounds - €10 for adults and €5 for kids.

Stevo Da Gull
27/07/2010, 10:16 AM
I was at a Leinster Senior Cup Final involving Bray Wanderers at Dalymount Park. St. Pat's fans described your team as "cockle-shell heroes" ( a movie reference, but I thought you should know).

Yip, first LSC final at the Carlisle as far as I know.

SupaJon
30/07/2010, 9:37 AM
Still no news on tickets. I assume it's just pay at the gate as with the semi.

What's parking like around the Carlisle on a bank holiday?

BrayUnknowns
30/07/2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah pay on the gate. Parking should not be a problem really.

SupaJon
30/07/2010, 10:26 AM
Cheers!

Bry Boy
30/07/2010, 10:28 AM
15 for adults
5 for childeren
children under 12 free

not bad

Dodge
30/07/2010, 10:50 AM

Thats the first trophy I saw Pats win. As such I'm very fond of the LSC

Not strictly on topic but Pats beat Bray on penalties in the Presidents Cup Final in April 1991

Dundalkjames
30/07/2010, 11:25 AM
Are ye expecting a big crowd for this game?

BrayUnknowns
30/07/2010, 11:44 AM
Are ye expecting a big crowd for this game?

We can only hope !

KK77
30/07/2010, 11:58 AM
Still no update on ticket news....

Hardly going to be a sell out now!

SupaJon
30/07/2010, 1:32 PM
Hardly going to be a sell out now!

Probably not - given that there was only about 150 at the semi.

Still, with the free entry for kids and the fact that it's 3:30 on a bank holiday Monday should boost the crowd a bit.

I'd imagine Shels will bring a few down with them.

KK77
30/07/2010, 3:23 PM
Probably not - given that there was only about 150 at the semi.

Still, with the free entry for kids and the fact that it's 3:30 on a bank holiday Monday should boost the crowd a bit.

I'd imagine Shels will bring a few down with them.

You good call on the free entry for kids bringing the crowd up a bit.

KK77
30/07/2010, 3:25 PM
Great chance to get some silverware on the side board and bringing some joy to a disaster of a season so far. Could buy Eddie another season if we win it. Hope the board don't see it that way!

rocket
01/08/2010, 9:27 AM
Cup final in our home ground,on a bank holiday Monday afternoon, it dont get better than this, great move to let kids go free, hope the lads get a good crowd and the right result as some reward for keeping going in whats been a very difficult season for everybody involved.:o

historynut
01/08/2010, 4:13 PM
If programme produced for final and gives details of past finals, would someone be kind enough to post details of last past 10 finals (leading up to when cup was suspended)

SupaJon
01/08/2010, 8:49 PM
If programme produced for final and gives details of past finals, would someone be kind enough to post details of last past 10 finals (leading up to when cup was suspended)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leinster_Senior_Cup_(association_football) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leinster_Senior_Cup_(association_football))

All the way back to 1892.

Seagull
02/08/2010, 11:01 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leinster_Senior_Cup_(association_football) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leinster_Senior_Cup_(association_football))

Missing a bracket..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leinster_Senior_Cup_%28association_football%29

Roo69
02/08/2010, 4:54 PM
Time for Gormley to do the honurable thig and step down.

We are lucy that wasn't at least 7 or 8 nil, Shels played us off the park for 90 plus minutes.

naoise kennedy
02/08/2010, 5:08 PM

We are lucy that wasn't at least 7 or 8 nil, Shels played us off the park for 90 plus minutes.

Totally agree, that was a disgrace, fair play to shels they wanted to win but we did not..

Martinho II
02/08/2010, 5:19 PM

was the leinster senior cup not played in 2000/01 too? I remember that season us playing Kilkenny City in it..

SupaJon
03/08/2010, 9:05 AM
Well that was an utter disgrace.

Without Mitch & Pendergast at the back, we were cut open all too easily.

No one came out of that game with much credit - although Chris Shields put himself about as usual and never stopped running. John Mulroy showed some nice touches but his shooting was shocking. Danny O'Connor looked lost in the middle. Stephen Brennan did well when he came on, but it was too late at that stage. And throwing Shaun Houston up front just wasn't going to work.
I thought Shane O'Neill played a lot deeper after he picked up that knock in the first half and that kind of ruined Plan A (hoof the ball over the top for him to chase). There was no Plan B.

Could have done with Robbie Doyle yesterday!

Watched MNS last night. Hardly looked like the same team that beat Drogheda 2-0, or even UCD in the semi's.

Need top bounce back against Sligo next Friday.

jafrazer
05/08/2010, 9:19 AM
http://vimeo.com/13903217

If you're having trouble viewing the video, turn off the HD option in the top right corner.

SupaJon
05/08/2010, 9:47 AM
Cheers.

I'm having problems viewing the video alright...but it's nothing to with HD.:p

Didn't realize there were so few home fans there. I was in the home section just behind the dugouts and I could have sworn that the stand was mostly full.

Obviously not though!
Poor showing on & off the field from Bray.

KK77
05/08/2010, 1:39 PM

How come you think he should go now when you were a staunch backer of his not so long back and results were as they are now? Anything to do with the fact he's let Robbie Doyle go????

Roo69
05/08/2010, 2:09 PM
How come you think he should go now when you were a staunch backer of his not so long back and results were as they are now? Anything to do with the fact he's let Robbie Doyle go????

Because i think things have got steadily worse, i was willing to give Eddie time to get a young team playing and getting results but i can't see that happening, and while we still have a very outside chance maybe a new manager would possibly get more results than Eddie might. But in saying that, i hope he proves everyone of us wrong and gets enough points to finish in the play off spot

jafrazer
05/08/2010, 10:58 PM
Cheers.

I'm having problems viewing the video alright...but it's nothing to with HD.:p

Thanks!

It could be a buffering problem. Try clicking play and then pausing it while you go make a brew for 5 minutes or something. Then come back and try it again.

SupaJon
06/08/2010, 9:11 AM
Thanks!

It could be a buffering problem. Try clicking play and then pausing it while you go make a brew for 5 minutes or something. Then come back and try it again.

:D

No, I could see the video just fine....it was more to do with our performance that made it difficult to watch.

jafrazer
06/08/2010, 10:56 AM
:doh:

peadar1987
06/08/2010, 10:14 PM
That was pretty hard viewing alright. Congratulations to Shels though, it looks like ye well deserved the win