PDA

View Full Version : UCD game

peadar1987
16/07/2010, 9:23 PM
All I can say is, at least Kilduff is in my fantasy football team.

Hopefully we can build next season in the first division, and get rid of the memory of this year.

Roo69
16/07/2010, 9:27 PM
All i can say is the ref's are even worse in the first division. Just totally inept preformance by the officials tonight, really really poor decision making from them.

Bry Boy
16/07/2010, 10:18 PM
All I can say is what drives a manager to take off his striker when we are loosing 4 nil in the 88th minute to bring on a midfielder ????
another thing that rohna daly one shouldnt be lineswomen in another game,where do the fai get these fools from.

did anyone else see derk foran there is he back ??

The Fox
16/07/2010, 10:23 PM
While Ucd definitely deserved to win i have to agree that the ref and linespeople were very poor. I couldnt tell if the first ucd goal was offside from where i was sitting. In the build up to the second goal it was definitely a bray throw in and Daly definitely got it wrong. The rest is history as we were chasing the game at that stage.

In the first half the ucd no. 8 was very lucky to stay on - he took an off the ball kick at Dave Webster - guess what the officials missed it!!!! The ref gave some very soft frees to ucd, and he was very inconsistant with yellow cards also.

I thought that Chris Shields was unlucky - he seemed to get the ball - i want to see it again on monday. It was staight red????

The Fox
16/07/2010, 10:24 PM
All I can say is what drives a manager to take off his striker when we are loosing 4 nil in the 88th minute to bring on a midfielder ????
another thing that rohna daly one shouldnt be lineswomen in another game,where do the fai get these fools from.

did anyone else see derk foran there is he back ??

The only thing about taking Shane off is to make sure he doesnt get injured - the game was lost.

Bry Boy
16/07/2010, 10:46 PM
yes but throw on a striker .

rocket
16/07/2010, 10:53 PM
The only thing about taking Shane off is to make sure he doesnt get injured - the game was lost.
Looked to be limping pretty badly after the game. At times we played some good football ,we just cant keep possession of the ball at all, to many hit and hope for the best passes.Robbie had a stinker,doesnt look fit.

SupaJon
16/07/2010, 11:18 PM
Where does this leave us for Monday night?

With the Boro friendly on Wednesday and the Bohs home game on Friday, what sort of team are we likely to field on Monday night for the Leinster semi?

Anyway, all is not lost for this season.

pineapple stu
17/07/2010, 5:01 AM
Had a quick look at the video this morning; pretty sure there was no offside for our first; couple of Bray heads were complaining about that after. Didn't look like a foul on the keeper for the second either; he just dropped the ball, more under pressure from his own defender than Killer. Going to be a long half-season for Bray unfortunately if you keep collapsing like that; ye played ok for the first half I thought.

SupaJon
19/07/2010, 1:48 PM
What's the weather down there like at the moment?

What time do they usually make the pitch inspection at?

KK77
19/07/2010, 3:38 PM
Blaming refs and officials now where have i heard that before! Sure get this season behind us and Eddie will sort us out next season!

Roo69
19/07/2010, 4:04 PM
Cheers for that Pinneapple, he looked about 4 or 5 yards offside from were i was but footage never lies :D 2nd goal was a goalkeeping mistake in the end but it came from a throw in that should have been Bray's but was given to UCD so that was an error from the lino, they also missed Ward's lash out just before half time too were he should have been sent off, another major official error and probably would have been a different game with UCD down to 10 men.

It was a strange match as i though UCDs first and second goals kind of went against the run of play, we had a few chances and were applying a bit of pressure. After the 2nd one went in our heads dropped and there was only one winner.

I think at this stage our only hope of staying in the Premier is if that another club does a Cork City on it or they decide to turn the premier into a 16 team league.... other than that it's too much of an ask for us.

Roo69
19/07/2010, 4:05 PM
What's the weather down there like at the moment?

What time do they usually make the pitch inspection at?

Tis not to bad at the moment, stopped raining and starting to dry up a bit. Game will defo go ahead unless the dargle breaks its banks !

pineapple stu
29/07/2010, 12:15 PM
Cheers for that Pinneapple, he looked about 4 or 5 yards offside from were i was but footage never lies :D 2nd goal was a goalkeeping mistake in the end but it came from a throw in that should have been Bray's but was given to UCD so that was an error from the lino
Highlights if ye want!

C99luTE-R3o
Hard to tell for sure with angles and what have you, but it looks like definitely onside for the first goal, definitely no foul on the keeper for the second and impossible to tell about the throw.

Roo69
29/07/2010, 1:02 PM
Highlights if ye want!

C99luTE-R3o
Hard to tell for sure with angles and what have you, but it looks like definitely onside for the first goal, definitely no foul on the keeper for the second and impossible to tell about the throw.

I'm still convienced he was off side ! hahaha :D the second one though Killduff admitted himself that he fouled our keeper. I was talking with Brian De Salvo on the Monday night in the cup semi final and we were talking about the match on the Friday. He said that he thought the first one was off side that that he had been speaking to Killduff and he said that he pulled the keepers arm when he grabed the ball, hence forcing him to drop it.

pineapple stu
29/07/2010, 1:06 PM
I should have actually put in the freeze frame replay I sometimes do. But you can stop it on 2:53 and see that they're both on the edge of the box when the shot comes in. The angle's not great as I said, but it does look like he's onside.

Very hard to make out any tug on the keeper obviously.

Roo69
29/07/2010, 1:08 PM
I'm more having ao at our defence really for the 1st goal, for a player to have that much space so close to the goal he just looks miles offside. Yeah pretty much impossible to make any tug out, its not very often that a player owns up to a foul so i'll take his word on it this time

pineapple stu
29/07/2010, 1:17 PM
I'm more having ao at our defence really for the 1st goal, for a player to have that much space so close to the goal he just looks miles offside.
Definitely true. It reminds me of our first goal last season (can't find the video now; mayn't have uploaded it) where Killer looked way offside but the replay shows he was on. Similar in a way to our third as well, where the defence jsut watches him go by into space.