PDA

View Full Version : Transfer rumours - Summer 2010

Pages : [1] 2

elroy
16/07/2010, 3:47 PM
Today's latest 'rumours':

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has admitted it will take a £50m offer to persuade him to sell star striker Kevin Doyle.
"Look, if Manchester United come in and offer the club £50m and give him 200 grand a week, I can't keep him," said McCarthy.
"Doyle will be a player for us unless someone comes in offering the earth, moon and stars for him." (Press Association)

Bruce will have to pay £10m if he wants to sign midfielder Stephen Ireland from Manchester City. (Daily Mirror)

Colbert Report
17/07/2010, 1:22 AM
FIFTY MILLION for Doyle? He's not worth ten million! Great player but c'mon now!

Ten million is about right for Stephen Ireland. I'd love to see him at Sunderland and that's actually where I think he'll wind up.

elroy
17/07/2010, 11:29 AM
Forward Craig Bellamy could be on his way out of Manchester City to join Tottenham, who will make room for him by selling striker Robbie Keane to Aston Villa. Full story: Daily Mirror

Crosby87
17/07/2010, 2:40 PM
Keane and McGeady on Villa?

irishultra
17/07/2010, 5:45 PM
FIFTY MILLION for Doyle? He's not worth ten million! Great player but c'mon now!

Ten million is about right for Stephen Ireland. I'd love to see him at Sunderland and that's actually where I think he'll wind up.

its just manager talk wolves would love if a team made a 10 million pound bid for doyle.

irishfan86
17/07/2010, 8:51 PM
its just manager talk wolves would love if a team made a 10 million pound bid for doyle.

Wolves spent 6.5 million pounds, so 10 million wouldn't be a good enough profit, especially considering the money they'd lose if they got relegated, which they almost certainly would without Doyle.

If Doyle really wanted to move, and a team offered in the region of 13 to 15 million, I'm sure a deal would be made.

Doyle may not be worth 13 or 15 million in terms of how much other teams would spend on him, but he's absolutely priceless for Wolves.

As for McGeady/Keane to Villa, by the sounds of it they don't have much money to work with there. I'd be surprised if they both went there, but I could see one of them going....I think McGeady probably fits more into what they're trying to do there, as they have quite a lot of decent strikers already. Maybe if Milner goes they could both end up there, who knows?

Charlie Darwin
17/07/2010, 9:46 PM
I think Milner is almost certain to go - a part-exchange deal could be Ireland's out from City.

I think the Doyle situation is fairly clear. He's worth more to a team like Wolves than his reasonable market value, which probably is about 10 million.

stiffler
18/07/2010, 2:26 PM
Marc Wilson rumoured to be on the verge of a £3mil move to West Ham, as a long term replacement for Scot Parker in the Hammers Midfield.

Sullivinho
18/07/2010, 5:45 PM
Marc Wilson rumoured to be on the verge of a £3mil move to West Ham, as a long term replacement for Scot Parker in the Hammers Midfield.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/11/2020624/west-ham-united-will-replace-scott-parker-with-portsmouths

Seems to be down to the Avram Grant connection.

Charlie Darwin
18/07/2010, 6:13 PM
I can't see Scott Parker leaving, to be honest. He's a good player but not the standard required for a team with realistic ambitions of the Champions League.

irishfan86
18/07/2010, 6:42 PM
I can't see Scott Parker leaving, to be honest. He's a good player but not the standard required for a team with realistic ambitions of the Champions League.

I don't think the Man City link is realistic, but Aston Villa sounds like a realistic possibility if Milner moves on. I don't think Aston Villa are realistic contenders for a Champions League spot any more, with the emergence of Man City, and to a lesser extent, Tottenham. I realize Spurs have a Champions League spot now, but I think this is a temporary situation...

rebelmusic
20/07/2010, 4:49 PM
Robbie linked with fulham now aswell as aston villa, stevie ireland aswell.

Charlie Darwin
20/07/2010, 4:56 PM
Fulham link probably depends on Jol but I don't think they'd be able to afford him anyway.

irishfan86
21/07/2010, 1:27 AM
Charlie I was reading the Fulham owner is offering 20 million pounds for new signings to whoever they bring in as manager, which would be enough to get Keane and another player or two.

rebelmusic
21/07/2010, 1:28 AM
I dunno, the rumour said jol would have 20 million bucks to work with. Either way would love to see him play with duff, or with mcgeady at villa. One of the main thing's missing from the irish team i think is a decent partnership. Other than that, if keano was playing with stevie ireland, could be a good influence to get that fecker back playing for us.

irishfan86
21/07/2010, 1:33 AM
Jon Walters linked with QPR:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6271494,00.html

elroy
21/07/2010, 9:07 AM
In the Examiner today that Dave Mooney has been told he can find another club, also John O'Flynn's trial at Bristol City has ended without a contract offer.

elroy
02/08/2010, 9:52 PM
Blackpool boss Ian Holloway admits he is unlikely to be able to bring Everton defender Seamus Coleman back to the club after the 21-year-old Irishman impressed in the Toffees' pre-season games.

Aston Villa could be priced out of a move for Celtic winger Aiden McGeady, 24, after Spartak Moscow bid £9.5m for the Republic of Ireland international - with Villa unwilling to bid more than £7.5m.

gastric
04/08/2010, 11:04 PM
According to boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=558&fid=516...2... Tommy Amos has been released by Wigan. Another 'one for the future' losing his way.

gastric
06/08/2010, 12:16 AM
Rumours are that Christy Fagan has been taken off the transfer list at Lincoln. Good news!

irishfan86
06/08/2010, 12:49 AM
Stoke trying to bring in Jon Walters for three million pounds. I think he'd really suit Stoke's style of football with his physical style, and I'd like to see Trap give him a look. He's a versatile player who can play wide or up front:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1300624/Stoke-Ipswich-discussion-3m-Jon-Walters.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Colbert Report
06/08/2010, 3:39 AM
Unreal. 3 million pounds for Walters? I play with Ipswich all the time in FIFA and he's a half decent player. Listed as a central midfielder, not a striker as the article states. Does anyone know where his best position actually is?

gastric
06/08/2010, 8:22 AM
Daily Mail today, rumours Stephen Manchester to Villa as part payment for Milner and new offer for McGeady. Trap will be happy!

gastric
07/08/2010, 10:11 PM
Stephen Elliott in talks with Hearts. Could a good move for him and might ensure he gets a regular game like Stokes.

irishfan86
07/08/2010, 11:08 PM
Unreal. 3 million pounds for Walters? I play with Ipswich all the time in FIFA and he's a half decent player. Listed as a central midfielder, not a striker as the article states. Does anyone know where his best position actually is?

Can play as a centre forward or in the wide sides of a front 4-3-3.....he's quick and physical. I think he's got a similar sort of style to Shane Long.

Stuttgart88
08/08/2010, 9:17 AM
Thks IF86, that'd be a really interesting one. IMO Walters is the best attacking header of a ball we have, bar maybe Doyle. Not as mobile or athletic as Long but he's strong.

dr_peepee
10/08/2010, 9:37 AM
Marc Wilson linked with West Brom and Folan linked with Swansea according to Football365

Noelys Guitar
12/08/2010, 6:22 PM
Keanes says Walters can go. Great move and I agree with Stuttgart. Excellent header of the ball and much better first touch than Sheridan. http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/keane_is_happy_for_walters_to_go_1_581739

dr_peepee
15/08/2010, 6:25 PM
O'Dea Set for Ispwich according to Sky Sports!!!!

gastric
23/08/2010, 10:07 PM
West Brom have failed with a second bid for Marc Wilson.

irishfan86
24/08/2010, 9:05 AM
The Evening Standard reports that Keane may be on his way to West Ham or Aston Villa, to help finance Spurs getting in a new striker.

rebelmusic
24/08/2010, 9:37 AM
Looks set that Best will be going to Blackpool

Philly
24/08/2010, 10:08 AM
A few papers and websites have linked Darron Gibson with Stoke on a loan move. Would be interesting to see how he would do playing the full 90 week in, week out.

I think Best moving to Blackpool would be a good move. His Newcastle career just isn't going to get off the ground and he needs to start playing more football.

Sullivinho
24/08/2010, 2:21 PM
A few papers and websites have linked Darron Gibson with Stoke on a loan move. Would be interesting to see how he would do playing the full 90 week in, week out.

I wonder how his occasional 'relaxed' style of play would fit into an all-action XI like Stoke..

Brendan 82
24/08/2010, 2:46 PM
I wonder how his occasional 'relaxed' style of play would fit into an all-action XI like Stoke..

Pulis could be just the man to get his arse in gear a bit more

Razors left peg
24/08/2010, 6:13 PM
Pulis could be just the man to get his arse in gear a bit more

my thoughts exactly.he wouldnt get away with hiding on the pitch in that Stoke team

irishfan86
25/08/2010, 12:08 AM
In fairness Pulis sometimes surprises you. You'd expect a man with his sort of team to insist on playing strikers that harry the opposing teams defenders, but Ricardo Fuller is probably the laziest off the ball player you've ever seen in your life, and Pulis loves him.

I'm sure Gibson could slot into an advanced midfield role and given a bit more leeway a la Lampard at Chelsea under Mourinho.

jbyrne
25/08/2010, 8:40 AM
keogh off to cardiff it appears...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8941811.stm

Closed Account
25/08/2010, 9:04 AM
Stoke being linked with a move for Marc Wilson now after Portsmouth turned down overtures from West Brom
http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/sport/Stoke-City-Wilson-deal-overshadowed-Pulis-s-Begovic-fury/article-2567007-detail/article.html

http://www.tribalfootball.com/west-brom-make-swap-offer-portsmouth-defender-wilson-1069121

tricky_colour
25/08/2010, 10:51 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1305974/Stoke-City-moving-Portsmouth-captain-Marc-Wilson.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1306177/Stoke-beat-West-Brom-sign-Marc-Wilson-offering-3m-Dave-Kitson.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

So it seems Stoke have signed Wilson although the later story says 'set to bid'.?

irishfan86
26/08/2010, 10:58 AM
Lawrence in talks with Pompey (along with Kitson) as part of the proposed Wilson deal:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6339181,00.html

Philly
26/08/2010, 11:24 AM
Would be a bit of a step down for Lawrence, but then again he obviously hasn't got a future at Stoke. Pulis must rate Wilson very highly if he is willing to let two decent players go for him.

irishfan86
26/08/2010, 11:52 AM
Lawrence is third choice wide right midfielder and Kitson is well down the strikers' pecking order at Stoke, so it's probably a matter of dropping salary as much as anything.

I'd say this is one of those rare cases where it may end up being a good deal for both sides. Wonder where Pulis sees Wilson playing.

shakermaker1982
26/08/2010, 12:22 PM
Massive step down for Lawrence if he ends up at Pompey.

They haven't got the funds to challenge in the Championship and would probably find himself in a relegation battle. Can they even afford his wages?

Kingdom
26/08/2010, 3:36 PM
Lawrence going there must rate as a strange one. I can't understand it from his perspective at all. Surely he could have got a loan deal somewhere better?

That should really open the door for McGeady now, possibly Fahey or maybe even Treacy too.

irishfan86
26/08/2010, 4:07 PM
Lawrence going there must rate as a strange one. I can't understand it from his perspective at all. Surely he could have got a loan deal somewhere better?

That should really open the door for McGeady now, possibly Fahey or maybe even Treacy too.

Doubt Trap would drop him based on his club situation. St. Ledger has played every match when fit since breaking through near the end of the last campaign despite playing in the Championship, for example, and the likes of Paul Green seem to be getting a shot despite the "lower level" of league.

And of course the most blatant example of Trap's disregard for a player's club situation is Glenn Whelan, who Trap played to the bewilderment of most people at the time. "A Stoke bench player? Why doesn't this Italian go to matches?!"

Kingdom
26/08/2010, 4:58 PM
Doubt Trap would drop him based on his club situation. St. Ledger has played every match when fit since breaking through near the end of the last campaign despite playing in the Championship, for example, and the likes of Paul Green seem to be getting a shot despite the "lower level" of league.

And of course the most blatant example of Trap's disregard for a player's club situation is Glenn Whelan, who Trap played to the bewilderment of most people at the time. "A Stoke bench player? Why doesn't this Italian go to matches?!"

Whelan got into and stayed in the Stoke team on foot of performances for Ireland. I've been behind him all the way on here, even if I'm in a minority of about 6/7, he needed someone to take a shot on him, and when he was given the chance he grasped it.

Stuttgart88
26/08/2010, 5:29 PM
I think LL only has to continue playing well for Ireland to stay in contention. I think he's better than Portsmouth tbh, but glad to see Wilson stepping up.

Charlie Darwin
27/08/2010, 4:56 AM
Lawrence is injured at the moment so it'd be unusual for any club to buy him until that's cleared up. I think Portsmouth is a place he shouldn't want to go - but, then again, they can't be much worse than Celtic.

gastric
29/08/2010, 11:13 AM
Newcastle supposedly want Greg Cunningham on loan. This would be good news!