View Full Version : Team for Derry

Colm
16/04/2004, 6:32 PM
I'd go with....

Devine
Greg Benno Dan Murphy
Colin Georgie Nwanko Woods
Doyle Fenn

It's a tough call between Kearney and Billy at left wing but I went with Billy as I think he'll add more physical presence to the side than Kearney would.
I was going to push Georgie up front but him and Fenn are so similar and may not work well as a partnership. Doyler and Fenn will combine well up front.
The back four picks itself imo despite Dans mistakes against Shels.
Georgie and Nwanko could do well in midfield if they are willing to get stuck in aswell as playing good football.

SÓC
16/04/2004, 11:46 PM
I like the look of your team Colm, only problem is every team that have beaten the shít out of us this year have beaten us on the score board too. If Derry are anything like last season I expect a lot of ice packs being used on the City bus on the way home.

I'd toughen it up a little in the middle with Sweeney.

Devine
Greg Dan Benno Danny Murf
Colin T George Sweeny Nwankwo
Fenn Dolyer

that way when Georgie goes and does his magic we still have 3 tough motherfúckers in midfield. I'd bring on the Conna Maradonna after 70 mins or so if we are losing/drawing for which ever midfielder isnt playing as well as the rest.

city 4 life
17/04/2004, 3:36 PM
yeah id like to see sweeny in the centre of midfield with nwankwo wide on the left. Sweeny looks like hes not afraid to get stuck in.