PDA

View Full Version : If you won the euromillions...

dong
15/07/2010, 1:41 PM
and got 20 million and decided to allocate 5 mill of that to put towards your club. What way would you want it to be spent? What developments would you make to your club's ground and what players would you want to see brought in?
I am aware that this is juvenile but it is something that has crossed my mind so any thoughts???
PS: Although it is a fantasy topic try to keep the ideas in some way realistic!!:D

Real Rover
15/07/2010, 2:00 PM
Weird. I had this day dream only yesterday! Now i wasn't on for giving 25% of my winnings but what I was going to give was to be spent on players.

Acornvilla
15/07/2010, 2:01 PM
well firstly i'd put a roof the whole way around the seating in flancare and fix those blasted polls obscuring everyones view in the main stand and finish the rest of the seating, and make the bathrooms stop smelling of urisne, tarmac the carpark, and get rid of the wrecked ticket office, and put in a big screen.

and emm build our own training facilitys to the right of the ground (those little astro pitches are no use)

poster
15/07/2010, 2:05 PM
Sign back Mark Doninger and give Joey Ndo the rest of it.

danthesaint
15/07/2010, 2:17 PM
build one of those acedemy thingys dundalk are doing.

SkStu
15/07/2010, 2:44 PM
wages, f*ck yeah!

Macy
15/07/2010, 2:49 PM
Pay off the debts and build a decent ground and infrastructure.

passerrby
15/07/2010, 3:12 PM
four new tyres for the van

pauliek
15/07/2010, 3:17 PM
Worst millionare ever.

Id buy Joey Ndo a house and yaught

Boo_Boy
15/07/2010, 3:18 PM
Buy Chris Turner just so I could be the one to fire his ass.

Mr A
15/07/2010, 3:31 PM
I's spend a lot on the facilities and improve the general off field structure and also clear the debt of the club. Only once all that was in place would I think about spending bucks on players.

dcfcsteve
15/07/2010, 3:38 PM
I wouldn't let an Irish club anywhere near that kind of money unless I owned it and could force sensible ongoing decisions onto the feckers...... :D

Acornvilla
15/07/2010, 3:38 PM
build an army of super solider... i mean footballers in the lab

Sam_Heggy
15/07/2010, 3:42 PM
What to do with my imaginary millions?

Any Bohs fans care to help?

danthesaint
15/07/2010, 3:52 PM
wages, f*ck yeah!

you only have 5million........ :)

SkStu
15/07/2010, 4:11 PM
What to do with my imaginary millions?

Any Bohs fans care to help?

please see post #6 :)

you only have 5million........ :)

its my 20 million and if i want to blow it all on bar staff and groundskeeper wages, i will, thank you very much! ;)

danthesaint
15/07/2010, 9:08 PM
can i donate a couple of grand to dundalk so they can buy a bus and park it on their goal line. ha

it will be sent up after sunday obviously

Magicme
15/07/2010, 9:13 PM
I would lodge it into a bank account and only let the club use the interest for the developments as slow improvements is the way forward. I would continue with our development of our new stand and build the futsal hall we want and put a new bar in there called after me. If Billy Bagster gets a pub called after him so should I!!!

Longfordian
15/07/2010, 9:20 PM
I'd appoint Roddy as manager then hire a few old stagers from England to get the punters in.

KianD
15/07/2010, 10:48 PM
Clear debts, bribe whoever is required to get the shagging stadium started... or at least I'd hope I could do that rather than blowing it all on wages trying to get promoted and in to Europe. Temptation would be the problem...

Riddickcule
15/07/2010, 11:20 PM
Repeating other posts here, but first I'd sort out our new development, then construct a class training facility.

Then I'd pay half of bray to attend games, and beg them to come to games regularly

Darkglasses
16/07/2010, 1:26 AM
Build the stand and bring back Conor Sinnott and Patsy...That's about all you could do with the Youths!

El-Pietro
16/07/2010, 2:07 AM
build one of those acedemy thingys dundalk are doing.

put the whole lot into facilities and youth development/coaching

Spudulika
16/07/2010, 6:06 AM
Put half a million into facilities, half a million into setting up a proper administrative structure from top to bottom and draw down the interest on the remaining 4million. Get the infrastructure right and there's no need to spend much more.

Aberdonian Stu
16/07/2010, 11:40 AM
Fully seat the UCD Bowl, all the way around but keep the total low enough. Ideally 3k, max 4k, yes that is doable without looking odd. I have long been interested in stadium so asked an architectural technologist I know to work out how many seats, minimum, would work for an all-seater stadium. She did the rough calculations at 2k, so 3k or 4k would be perfect. Oh and I'd stick a roof on it.

If there was any change left from that I'd put it into pitch maintenance and youth development/training and medical facilities. Nope not a penny on player wages.

pineapple stu
16/07/2010, 11:41 AM
Apart from buying Ronan Finn back.

Guinney
16/07/2010, 1:29 PM
Really no idea what the following will cost so bare with me even if estimates are all wrong. So this is how I'd improve Dundalk FC.

- €2 million into developing the ground and stands, this would include improving the away stand (ie roofing it mainly amongst other things), and building a 'family stand' behind either of the posts, something like Newry have (link: http://www.newrycityfc.com/Latest-News/Newry-City-FC-new--Family-Stand--nears-completion---).

- €800,000 to improve General facilities around the club, better toilets facilities for both home and away fans, larger and better merchandise shop, also a VIP/corporate box and better media facilities which look out onto the stand.

- €1.3 million into training facilities both for youth development and first team. Even though this new €5million youth development centre is being built, I'm sure another 1.4 million wouldn't go amiss to help improve the training facilities. Would be good if certain aspects could be open up to the public to use - like a gym and astro turf pitches. Would be a good source of revenue for the club.

- €300,000 extra to be invested - wisely - into the first team over the next three years. To help the team qualify for Europe each year.

- €200,000 clear last years debts.

- €200,000 hire new youth and first team coaches.

- €200,000 for other things, administration, web-site design, rainy day fund, maintanance, etc

bloody hell I could do with another €5 million :)

Dodge
16/07/2010, 1:39 PM
1) Sign Maradona for a month. See can I persuade Gormley to come back to play beside him and we can finally settle who has the better left foot.

2) Have the seat colours arranged to say "**** Off!"

3) Sponsor the league so its called the "Everyone but Pats sucks balls League of Ireland"

4) Build a "Subway" sandwich place in Richmond

5) Waste the rest

ped_ped
16/07/2010, 2:45 PM
4) Build a "Subway" sandwich place

This :p

Can be put in the Market's Field, which I would buy and develop.

Rest (however little that may be) into Youth Development.

fionnsci
16/07/2010, 8:08 PM
Move the pitch back to allow more space to have a redeveloped shed, move floodlights so people can see the match. Perhaps rebuild the main stand with fewer seats (but more space) and no obstructed views.

Buy properties to be offered to players as part of wages. It seems much wiser (as you can reuse the properties indefinately) than ****ing the money away on actual wages.

If possible build some sort of delux training centre with a pool, gym, bar (all the works) and operate it as a business to the public.

Spudulika
18/07/2010, 5:06 AM
While we'd all stick to long term views on the net, I can just see what would happen if a windfall like this came our way. Surrounded by agents, "experts" and franchise players the money would be blown in an attempt to qualify for the group stages of the Champions, Runners up, 3rd and 4th place league!