PDA

View Full Version : France -v- Ireland tickets?

eirebhoy
16/04/2004, 11:27 AM
I am planning on going to Paris for the Ireland -v- France match in October with about 7 others. I have to book the flights soon otherwise they will be gone (Ryanair and Airlingus are already sold out). If I book the flights is there a big chance that I won't get 8 tickets for the match and be stuck with 8 flights to France?

How does the applications work, first come first served? Is it possible to get 8 tickets or does it have to be 2 seperate applications? I can go ahead and book the flights now, would you recommend me doing so?

Cheers.

only1kilbane
16/04/2004, 11:33 AM
From the applications Ive done previously you can apply for for per application. Really depends on the game but would say 4 for france. The tickets are distributed to travel agents and block bookers first and then other punters can apply. For the switz game last year they took no applications from normal punters as all tickets went to block bookers and trav agents and so on.

For this game though our allocation will be hugely increased around 8,000 hopefully so should be better chance. But with the France game been such a draw might still be chancy.

eirebhoy
16/04/2004, 11:38 AM
DO you know of any travel agents with packages already? I don't mind paying the extra few quid to a travel agent ad long as I get there.

only1kilbane
16/04/2004, 11:45 AM
yeah ive been scouting around myself. Ray treacy are charging mad money so 829 for 3 night package ticket extra. Think at the moment either abbey travel or 747 are the cheapest.

eirebhoy
16/04/2004, 11:53 AM
I have been told that Abbey travel are charging €539 for 2 nights accom.., match tickets and flights. Do you have to pay the money straight up or can I pay every fortnight or so?

eirebhoy
16/04/2004, 12:05 PM
747 Travel are charging €499 for 2 nights. I couldn't get through to Abbey travel but I think I'll go with 747.

PaulB
16/04/2004, 12:10 PM
I have been told that Abbey travel are charging €539 for 2 nights accom.., match tickets and flights. Do you have to pay the money straight up or can I pay every fortnight or so?

Just be careful, they say match tickets, but if you look in the small print, they're not guaranteed. France will be a big demand game, so I'd try source them anywhere you can, don't count on the travel agent!

eirebhoy
16/04/2004, 12:41 PM
Any idea how much the deposit would be for the €499 deal?

Cheers.

SeanieBoy
16/04/2004, 2:21 PM
yeah ive been scouting around myself. Ray treacy are charging mad money so 829 for 3 night package ticket extra. Think at the moment either abbey travel or 747 are the cheapest.

I came across a flyer at the Czech game from Abbey Travel www.abbeytravel.ie with pricing for the France game of €539 + Taxes, inc Flight, 2 nites in 3* Hotel & Ticket, thats not bad!!

Junior
16/04/2004, 2:29 PM
Any idea how much the deposit would be for the €499 deal?

Cheers.

Mate check out the thread in the fans section. I seriously suggest you look in to travelling independently, say from one of the regional airports in the UK. I would estimate you could do an equivalent 2 night stop over including flights for 300 euros if not less.

Hopefully you'll get a ticket through the FAI, if not then keep an eye on the French Association website (link on the other thread) and you may be able to apply online or something similar, a final thought is try and find some French footie forums (national team or club sides based in or around Paris) and use your Irish charm to try and get some home end tickets (its worked for me on more than one occasion).

I would certainly suggest you tried the above before lining the pockets of Rat Treacy et al.....

only1kilbane
16/04/2004, 2:43 PM
just to let you know its 100euro deposit with 747!

eirebhoy
16/04/2004, 3:35 PM
I would estimate you could do an equivalent 2 night stop over including flights for 300 euros if not less.
I asked this on the other thread but it should get a quicker answer here. Where would I get the cheapest flights? ATM the cheapest I can find is €262 from Dublin-Paris for 8th-10th.

only1kilbane
16/04/2004, 3:40 PM
my mate was looking today found flights with ryanair and easyjet via london luton i think for €180 in total but think we gonna package deal anyway

eirebhoy
16/04/2004, 5:57 PM
just to let you know its 100euro deposit with 747!
I gave 747 another call and the €499 doesn't include taxes and match tickets. Taxes are €35 and they'll charge about €80 for the match ticket.