PDA

View Full Version : The Return of King George Part 7

razor
12/07/2010, 10:14 PM
he has re-signed (http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2010/07/12/george-ocallaghan-returns-to-city/).

John83
12/07/2010, 10:21 PM
Good luck with that.

Longfordian
12/07/2010, 11:03 PM
The Madness of King George seems more appropriate.

superfrank
12/07/2010, 11:44 PM
Lmfao

Onefootednopace
13/07/2010, 7:51 AM
Let the fun and games begin as the Georgie show rolls into town again. He might just be the player we need in midfield to provide a bit of creativity although he didn't set the world on fire during his spell at Waterford. One thing is for sure, he will generate plenty debate amongst the City fans.

razor
13/07/2010, 8:53 AM
he has re-signed (http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2010/07/12/george-ocallaghan-returns-to-city/).Tune in two weeks from now for the removal of the hyphen.

yiddo
13/07/2010, 8:59 AM
Let the fun and games begin as the Georgie show rolls into town again. He might just be the player we need in midfield to provide a bit of creativity although he didn't set the world on fire during his spell at Waterford. One thing is for sure, he will generate plenty debate amongst the City fans.

Nothing to lose and everything to gain by signing him at this stage. We need to be fired up on and off the pitch and George might be just the man to do it. Interesting times ahead.

Magicme
13/07/2010, 9:27 AM
Let's hope he makes a similar impact to his last debut at Gortakeegan with Waterford. Oh and the same result for us would be dandy.

Dodge
13/07/2010, 9:31 AM
Nothing to lose and everything to gain by signing him at this stage. We need to be fired up on and off the pitch and George might be just the man to do it

That fire could burn you down fellah

razor
13/07/2010, 11:11 AM
That fire could burn you down fellahI think Georgies spark has long since gone out.
He might add a few to the gate but that could well even itself out based on the irate texts i've received.

I think this news has come too soon after Tommy 4-5-Dunnes contract extension
It could push some fans over the edge.

Onefootednopace
13/07/2010, 11:46 AM
I think Georgies spark has long since gone out.
He might add a few to the gate but that could well even itself out based on the irate texts i've received.

I think this news has come too soon after Tommy 4-5-Dunnes contract extension
It could push some fans over the edge.

He struggled to make an impact down in Waterford but beggars can't be choosers and we need someone in the team who can offer something different especially in midfield. However, I think Georgie needs City more than City need him, his name is mud on both sides of the Irish Sea so it's City or bust for him now. It's a brave move by Dunne considering the natives are getting restless after recent defeats. I hope his gamble pays off.

A face
13/07/2010, 12:56 PM
I hope his gamble pays off.

Gamble? Gamble? Did someone mention Joe Gamble? Now that would be a great signing

Onefootednopace
13/07/2010, 4:08 PM
Gamble? Gamble? Did someone mention Joe Gamble? Now that would be a great signing

Wishful thinking. :D

Georgie, Shane Barrett, Woods, Hoggy & Co will have to do for now.

skinny11
13/07/2010, 10:01 PM
as usual cork city makes a fool out of itself signing has beens like him so would tommy dunne have left one of his other players in the stand tonight if georgie was signed in time
cork city need to start from the bottom like dave hill has been doing at cobh getting in oung players working them hard not signin has beens

for me thats the last city game ill attend aslong and that prat is there

razor
14/07/2010, 8:05 AM
for me thats the last city game ill attend aslong and that prat is thereThats completely your call but as yiddo said above what have we got to lose?
As many will know i'm far from a fan of O'Callaghan but we are resigned now to a mid table finish so why not try out different players/formations?
Last night was our first win in the league since May 7th with Shane Barrett scoring as part of a 4-4-2.
No justification in starting George on Friday in Monaghan, a place on the bench is the best he can hope for.

joeSoap
14/07/2010, 9:17 AM
I've always been a big fan of Georgoe as a player, but even I was surprised that anyone has signed him. His track record speaks for itself...quite literally and every manager he has ticked off can't be wrong. Pat Dolan seemed to be the only one he got on with. Good luck with it, but I'd give it a month.

Hitman
14/07/2010, 1:34 PM
His track record speaks for itself...quite literally and every manager he has ticked off can't be wrong. Pat Dolan seemed to be the only one he got on with. I'm pretty sure they had a bust-up too around the time he was dropped for a league game away to Bohs in 2004. Trying to refresh my memory about it lead to stumbling across this (http://foot.ie/threads/17660-ccfc-statement?p=163674&viewfull=1#post163674) though, I only hope people are more patient these days with our Board of Management (who I think are doing a wonderful job by the way).

yiddo
14/07/2010, 2:48 PM
No justification in starting George on Friday in Monaghan, a place on the bench is the best he can hope for.

No decision for Tommy to make cos GOC is suspended for the Monaghan game. Will be available for selection for the Harps game on Friday week.

I'm pretty sure they had a bust-up too around the time he was dropped for a league game away to Bohs in 2004. Trying to refresh my memory about it lead to stumbling across this (http://foot.ie/threads/17660-ccfc-statement?p=163674&viewfull=1#post163674) though, I only hope people are more patient these days with our Board of Management (who I think are doing a wonderful job by the way).

He had a bust up with Dolan and was dropped to the bench for the next game but he came on after bout half an hour when Colin OBrien got injured.

Lim till i die
14/07/2010, 2:52 PM
cork city need to start from the bottom like dave hill has been doing at cobh getting in oung players working them hard not signin has beens

This in fairness.

Limerick FC (That much maligned jokeshop 60 miles up the road) are currently taking the pick of the young talent in Cork while Cork City FORAS sign Horgan, Woods and O'Callaghan. Is it part of some masterplan culminating in the deadline day purchase of a time machine or what??

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_03/RLittlejohnDM_228x351.jpg

"You couldn't make it up"

skinny11
14/07/2010, 4:41 PM
his track record the 1st time he had no problem sitting out games collecting his fat pay cheque him and other players are the reason ccfc went to ruins and the reason foras are stuck mid table in the 1st divison any other club would of told but no back to city to collect more money as if he didnt get enough the 1st time if he wanted to sign back sign on amatuer forms anfd show the board of management he worth getting paid

A face
14/07/2010, 4:52 PM
Limerick FC (That much maligned jokeshop 60 miles up the road) are currently taking the pick of the young talent in Cork

Yup, ye are gonna be keeping them match fit until they are ready to come home. Mind and look after them now y'hear yeah, we'll need them in good form for when they line out with City ;)

Lim till i die
14/07/2010, 5:29 PM
The Masterplan is going fantastic so far

A face
14/07/2010, 6:33 PM
The Masterplan is going fantastic so far

We know .... just keep it going and it'll be great ;)

razor
14/07/2010, 9:49 PM
No decision for Tommy to make cos GOC is suspended for the Monaghan game. Will be available for selection for the Harps game on Friday week.Thats fantastic news, a real chance for the home fans to give Georgie a good old Cork City welcome (again) :D

Limerick FC (That much maligned jokeshop 60 miles up the road) are currently taking the pick of the young talent in Cork while Cork City FORAS sign Horgan, Woods and O'Callaghan.
While ye can offer them scholarships then you'll continue to do so, we need a link up like that.
We have a lot of young players, we need these lads for a bit of experience

The Masterplan is going fantastic so farWe won't take these lads back next season, we've pencilled in the lads down in Waterford for then, give them another season in Division 1 and we'll have them back the year after.

Lim till i die
14/07/2010, 11:39 PM
Am lads, there's fella with Limerick from Cork that would walk on to your first team, it's not like we're developing young nobodies for ye.

We'll get our use out of them for a few years and then they'll return home. But they'd clearly add to Cork squad now. More so than a Billy Woods dare I say.

You're not actually a big club anymore. ;) :eek:

razor
15/07/2010, 11:18 AM
But they'd clearly add to Cork squad now. More so than a Billy Woods dare I say.Do you think we didn't try to sign these lads?
We'd never stand in any lads way thats getting a university education.
Billy has added more to our team than you would think.

A face
15/07/2010, 2:59 PM
You're not actually a big club anymore. ;) :eek:

Just bigger than ye, and that'll do for now ;)