PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Division 2A 2010/11

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

wild forest
12/07/2010, 12:47 PM
Start of new season lads time for predictions..:)

3 Heroes
12/07/2010, 1:54 PM
Where's a damn octopus when you need one:D

wild forest
12/07/2010, 3:06 PM
Where's a damn octopus when you need one:D
brilliant:Dwell have to borrow him for a few days!!!

vanpersie
12/07/2010, 4:37 PM
brilliant:Dwell have to borrow him for a few days!!!

kennedy park are training very hard.and a couple of new faces there as well.they should be pushing hard for promotion this year.if they can stop the infighting.

allab
12/07/2010, 9:14 PM

do you know all the teams that will be in the division?

wild forest
12/07/2010, 10:31 PM
do you know all the teams that will be in the division?
not too sure but as far as i know MOYROSS NEWPORT SHELBOURNE KILFINANE KENNEDY PARK ST PATS SUMMERVILLE HILL CELTIC AISLING CORBALLY AND HOLYCROSS..STICKY LEAGUE AGAIN THIS YEAR..

briancool21
12/07/2010, 10:56 PM
Aisling,Moyross, Kennedy Park and Kilifinan to make up the top four in no particlullar order its really difficult to call not really knowing much bout hill celtic and summerville

irishboy
13/07/2010, 11:52 AM
Aisling,Moyross, Kennedy Park and Kilifinan to make up the top four in no particlullar order its really difficult to call not really knowing much bout hill celtic and summerville

dont rule out summerville good footballing team also heard newport had a decent team aswell should be a good competetive league this season

wild forest
13/07/2010, 2:07 PM
aisling,moyross, kennedy park and kilifinan to make up the top four in no particlullar order its really difficult to call not really knowing much bout hill celtic and summerville
jesus brian im shocked you put kilfinane up there compliment or what:) your not far off either but summerville from when i remember them very strong hopefully big centre half is gone on holiday for a year:d dont know much about newport so cant comment same for moyross. Kennedy park will be as strong as usual..

AllBalls
13/07/2010, 3:11 PM
Winners : Moyross 2nd Newport or Aisling, Relagated: st Pats and Shels, Kilfinan, Summerville should be strong, Hill celtic could be anything, Usual Mid tablers for 2A - Corbally, Kenney Pk

wild forest
13/07/2010, 9:56 PM
winners : Moyross 2nd newport or aisling, relagated: St pats and shels, kilfinan, summerville should be strong, hill celtic could be anything, usual mid tablers for 2a - corbally, kenney pk
dont think shels will get relegated they finished up the tail end of the season quiet strong all depends if they have added more players.. 3 heroes??

3 Heroes
13/07/2010, 10:08 PM
dont think shels will get relegated they finished up the tail end of the season quiet strong all depends if they have added more players.. 3 heroes??
I'm trying to remain coy:cool:

CĂșlbaire
14/07/2010, 1:49 PM

Yeah, I'd have to agree with this. There were some great performances by Shels in the last few games of last season.
If they keep up that standard then there's no reason why they couldn't get at least a mid-table finish, in my opinion.

wild forest
15/07/2010, 3:19 PM
anyone know how kennedy park are set up this year?

kk11
20/07/2010, 11:00 AM
Best of Luck to all the teams competing in 2A this year.... from Athlunkard Villa, after many long years in 2A finally we got up and hopefully we can do well.
It'll be tough again in 2A this season but I must wish Aishling all the best especially as they were so unlucky not to go up last season.

francesco_1
20/07/2010, 2:33 PM
anyone know how kennedy park are set up this year?

They have a few handy lads training I think they could be strong.

thomas72
20/07/2010, 2:38 PM
moyross will have that league wrapped up by feb... there miles ahead of anyone in that league

wild forest
20/07/2010, 2:57 PM
moyross will have that league wrapped up by feb... there miles ahead of anyone in that league
jesus your very confident quiet a statement to make are you playing with moyross?

wild forest
20/07/2010, 2:59 PM
kennedy park are usually strong good to hear look forward to tough matches with them again this season.

Jofspring
20/07/2010, 5:16 PM
I would think Moyross will win this league too. Obviously there will be tough competition but they are way ahead of most teams quality wise. They are giving decent teams very good beatings in pre-season.

trigger 16
20/07/2010, 5:27 PM
dont forget this is just pre-season wait until the real thing starts and they have to travel
away to holycross corbally kennedy park or even kilfinane on a cold wet wintery day and
we will see how much quality they have then

francesco_1
20/07/2010, 6:06 PM
dont forget this is just pre-season wait until the real thing starts and they have to travel
away to holycross corbally kennedy park or even kilfinane on a cold wet wintery day and

I think it would be a shock if moyross did not win the league, sure they might drop a few points on a wet day in holycross or kilfinane but so will other teams. Its going to be a battle for second place behind moyross.

wild forest
20/07/2010, 6:15 PM
dead right trigger well be very much up for games against them it seems everyone is written off because moyross have showed up .. they might as well submit forms to ldmc to get promoted without playing a match because the likes of holycross kennedy park shelbourne kilfinane corbally are beneath them.. bull they will have to earn every point they get and it should be no problem for any team to up there game against them and we for one wont lie down against them we promise you that as will all the other teams in the league cant wait..

3 Heroes
20/07/2010, 6:43 PM
Moyross v Shels, local derby, anything can happen:p

francesco_1
20/07/2010, 6:45 PM
Moyross v Shels, local derby, anything can happen:p

How are shels these days? They lost a lot of players to other clubs in the last few years.

allab
20/07/2010, 8:00 PM
dead right trigger well be very much up for games against them it seems everyone is written off because moyross have showed up .. they might as well submit forms to ldmc to get promoted without playing a match because the likes of holycross kennedy park shelbourne kilfinane corbally are beneath them.. bull they will have to earn every point they get and it should be no problem for any team to up there game against them and we for one wont lie down against them we promise you that as will all the other teams in the league cant wait..

well lads just to let ye know that nobody writing in saying moyross are going to win the league are with us, we know ourselves that its gonna be another long hard season and we certainly arent expecting to turn every team over, hopefully it'll ba a good competitive league

wild forest
20/07/2010, 8:47 PM
lads anyone have an idea of opening day fixtures for 2a?

Jofspring
20/07/2010, 8:53 PM
Nobody thinks Moyross will walk the league by any means but over the course of the season they must be favourites. Anything can happen over the course of a season though.

Roadend
20/07/2010, 10:05 PM
lads anyone have an idea of opening day fixtures for 2a?

Holycross v St. Pats
Hill Celtic v Moyross
KP v Corbally
Summerville v Aisling
Newport v Kilfinnane
Shels v Knocklong (apparently herbertstown got put into 1B so they didn't go up)

wild forest
20/07/2010, 10:54 PM
Holycross v St. Pats
Hill Celtic v Moyross
KP v Corbally
Summerville v Aisling
Newport v Kilfinnane
Shels v Knocklong (apparently herbertstown got put into 1B so they didn't go up)
thanks roadend is that def about knocklong?

no17 fan
21/07/2010, 12:22 AM
you'd have to make moyross favourites for the league considering the incredible goal and point tally from previous seasons that said their team has a fair few hot heads in there and these boys are going to lumps taken out of them in places like kilfinanne,holycross,newport. hopefully it will be a good competetive league.

wild forest
21/07/2010, 5:07 AM
you'd have to make moyross favourites for the league considering the incredible goal and point tally from previous seasons that said their team has a fair few hot heads in there and these boys are going to lumps taken out of them in places like kilfinanne,holycross,newport. hopefully it will be a good competetive league.

what team are you representing no 17 summerville by any chance? quiet a small minded stupid comment to make about the country sides..

3 Heroes
21/07/2010, 7:14 AM
Us townies are well able to kick too y'know :P

Roadend
21/07/2010, 8:16 AM
Ya seems to be, the fixture list I was given has them in 2A and I heard elsewhere that Herbertstown were put into 1B.

allab
21/07/2010, 7:13 PM
who are the hot heads? cant think of any??

Begrudger
22/07/2010, 2:05 AM
what team are you representing no 17 summerville by any chance? quiet a small minded stupid comment to make about the country sides..

If he was dangling the bait over the edge of a cliff would you still grab it, Country teams are no different than teams from town but Kilfinan are no angels and thats for sure.

wild forest
22/07/2010, 7:35 AM
If he was dangling the bait over the edge of a cliff would you still grab it, Country teams are no different than teams from town but Kilfinan are no angels and thats for sure.
im well aware we are no angels like alot of other teams.

Red devil
22/07/2010, 12:53 PM

no hot heads on the moyross team no17 and we're well able to stand up for ourselves

Fairkop
22/07/2010, 1:32 PM
lads anyone got the story with herbertstown?were their two teams not thrown out of their respective leagues last season,yet their A,s now back in 1b.whats goin on?

francesco_1
22/07/2010, 1:42 PM
lads anyone got the story with herbertstown?were their two teams not thrown out of their respective leagues last season,yet their A,s now back in 1b.whats goin on?

The A's got relagated from 1A with about 4/5 games to go and they didnt bother playing the last few games They should of been dropped a few divisions but the LDMC though otherwise.

wild forest
26/07/2010, 10:53 AM
anyone want to have a crack at predicting the opening day fixtures??:)

TopperHarley
26/07/2010, 11:07 AM
Holycross 2 v St. Pats 1
Hill Celtic 1 v Moyross 2
KP 2 v Corbally 2
Summerville 1 v Aisling 1
Newport 1 v Kilfinnane 1
Shels 0 v Knocklong 2

wild forest
27/07/2010, 5:25 AM
Holycross 2 v St. Pats 1
Hill Celtic 1 v Moyross 2
KP 2 v Corbally 2
Summerville 1 v Aisling 1
Newport 1 v Kilfinnane 1
Shels 0 v Knocklong 2
pretty much the same as mine topper but with just one minor change i reckon shels will beat knoclong..

kingofkillteely
27/07/2010, 7:56 PM
pretty much the same as mine topper but with just one minor change i reckon shels will beat knoclong..

Why do you reckon Shels are any good? Same old story as last season i reckon.

foot2
27/07/2010, 8:43 PM
Heard ian bennis has signed for shels, can anyone from shels shed some light on this. Good signing if its true,

wild forest
27/07/2010, 10:30 PM
Why do you reckon Shels are any good? Same old story as last season i reckon.
as far as i know knoclong have lost a few players might not be as strong as last year also shels are starting on a clean slate for this season and towards end of last season showed they have got fight in them .. you could just say i have a suspicion they might nick a win..

CĂșlbaire
28/07/2010, 2:34 AM
Holycross v St. Pats
Hill Celtic v Moyross
KP v Corbally
Summerville v Aisling
Newport v Kilfinnane

Anyone know what date these games are fixed for?
Will they be Sunday fixtures or mid-week games, that kinda thing?

wild forest
28/07/2010, 12:31 PM
Anyone know what date these games are fixed for?
Will they be Sunday fixtures or mid-week games, that kinda thing?
last year i swear it was midweek usually its a week after the premier teams play not 100% on that but i think thats the way it works have to buy new boots :D

3 Heroes
28/07/2010, 1:40 PM
We played on a Saturday evening for our first game last year, hopefully the same this year

Jofspring
28/07/2010, 3:10 PM
Ya 3 heroes ye should be Saturday. Usually its the Premier and 1A on Thursday night. Some more divisions on Saturday and the rest Sunday. Something like that anyway.