PDA

View Full Version : "El Grand Classico"

outspoken
12/07/2010, 10:00 AM
So big derby Saturday night whats going to happen?

I think a 1-1 draw with who ever's up front scoring for Longford and Athlone scoring through a set piece.

Acornvilla
12/07/2010, 12:44 PM
5-2 to longford

either way de town will get some points

De Town
12/07/2010, 8:06 PM
Town 0-5 Athlone. Shanahan with a hattrick of OG's.

Longfordian
12/07/2010, 9:19 PM
I'll go for 0-6 with 5 ogs. Oh and 4 sendings off. 3 injuries, 200 fans and a partridge in a pear tree.

outspoken
12/07/2010, 9:36 PM
and you give out to me for talking crap :confused:

De Town
12/07/2010, 9:52 PM
I'll go for 0-6 with 5 ogs. Oh and 4 sendings off. 3 injuries, 200 fans and a partridge in a pear tree.

200 fans?! Bit optimistic that!

sligoman
12/07/2010, 9:53 PM
Might be some of us going...it's been a while.

De Town
12/07/2010, 9:54 PM
Was talking to a few Sligo fans at Oxegen, they said they missed the Flansiro. One said he was your cousin as well sligoman.

Longfordian
12/07/2010, 10:04 PM
and you give out to me for talking crap :confused:

Who, me? Don't recall giving out to you particularly. May have pulled you up on your spelling once that I recall. I was just trying a bit of gallows humour. Not everything posted on here is serious.

Acornvilla
13/07/2010, 1:20 AM
Town 0-5 Athlone. Shanahan with a hattrick of OG's.

ah if it isn't himself, the lads have been talking about you a lot lately in the mervue/cork thread :)

L.T.F.C.
13/07/2010, 6:08 AM
ah if it isn't himself, the lads have been talking about you a lot lately in the mervue/cork thread :)
They've also been talking about him in the bull**** thread too.

Macy
13/07/2010, 8:06 AM
The more deliberate nonsense on here the better, it's the nonsense when the poster is serious is that's the problem. We haven't a Teak mention for months ffs...

outspoken
13/07/2010, 10:19 AM
Who, me? Don't recall giving out to you particularly. May have pulled you up on your spelling once that I recall. I was just trying a bit of gallows humour. Not everything posted on here is serious.

It was intended as a joke

De Town
13/07/2010, 10:59 AM

I know, I'm fairly popular by the looks of things. :) Poor L.T.F.C. is just jealous.

Longfordian
13/07/2010, 11:21 AM
Okey doke, we'll leave it there so Kieran.

pineapple stu
13/07/2010, 11:23 AM
Loive.

De Town
17/07/2010, 10:55 AM
Anyone hear whether Fabio got his international clearance in in time? Athlone website says it's touch and go.

outspoken
17/07/2010, 11:42 AM
Id say he did thursday to saturday seems like plenty of time

Martinho II
17/07/2010, 4:25 PM
Id say he did thursday to saturday seems like plenty of time

I was talking to rovers 1 earlier whos doing the match report for extratime tonight in flancare and he heard that clearance didnt come through for him! phew! we might have a chance so...

outspoken
17/07/2010, 9:27 PM
:dance::dance::

The linesman almost did us at the end , skully shouldnt have been on field when he scored but Shanahan didnt exactly cover himself in glory for that one.....but a win is a win and that goes double when its a derby.

Stand out performers : Niall O'Rielly , John Lester , Micheal Lee , Mark Salmon , Don Cowan was possibly man of the match when he came on and is getting closer and closr to that first Town goal

As for Hynes :mad:

RonnieB
18/07/2010, 7:31 AM
Great win. Was unable to make it sadly. Don't get to many games this year. My back is killing me. Slept on a wooden floor. Unsure if it was teak. my wallet is devoid of money. My brain useless.... but as I sad to the taxi driver last night "i may have followed through" funniest thing was he was completely covered in hair.

A set of pearls. A set of parakeets. A set of goals. Kids in the park.20 per team. Little mike has to to home for his tea and he is bringing his ball with him. Uproar. Scandal. Jumpers for goalposts. Marvellous.

De Town
18/07/2010, 9:41 AM
Crap game, great result.

Ash
18/07/2010, 9:58 AM
Was the attendence announced? Looked shockin low ... I could have counted them myself but the game pretty much took my will to live.

outspoken
18/07/2010, 11:35 AM
Was the attendence announced? Looked shockin low ... I could have counted them myself but the game pretty much took my will to live.

I reckon it was between 150 and 200 there was over 300 when we played ye in Athlone Town Stadium its shocking how bad our attendances are

De Town
18/07/2010, 1:16 PM
Interesting match report on the Athlone website. They were unlucky to lose apparently...thought we were the better team myself tbh, although we were both fairly rubbish. Also mentioned how at the final whistle it was like the Longford fans had won their cup final for the season :rolleyes:

Martinho II
18/07/2010, 1:33 PM
mick lee is gettin better with each passing game. we werent great for the majority of the first half. then hynes got booked for diving and rightly so.penalty was well earned. second goal came bout from a parry by the athlone goalie and victor scored! VICTORIOUS! yet again shanahan was poor for athlones goal.

fairplay to rovers 1 and his crew for comin down they are our lucky charms as last game they were at last season we beat athlone 5-2 and we went above for the first time that season. lightning struck last nite too!
was talkin to ash last nite at the game and he told me that ex players carmine russo and liam lynch are training with st peters in athlone at the moment.

poster
18/07/2010, 2:11 PM
fairplay to rovers 1 and his crew for comin down .

Rovers1 doesn't exist anymore. He imalgamated with Sligoman. I'm their love child.

Longfordian
18/07/2010, 2:13 PM
Interesting match report on the Athlone website. They were unlucky to lose apparently...thought we were the better team myself tbh, although we were both fairly rubbish. Also mentioned how at the final whistle it was like the Longford fans had won their cup final for the season :rolleyes:

Quelle surprise as they say in Spain...

Ash
18/07/2010, 7:09 PM
Interesting match report on the Athlone website. They were unlucky to lose apparently...

To be fair an official club site, no matter what team, will never say that the team are rubbish.

My own view was that it was 2 very poor teams. Apart from the goal I can only recall 1 other chance
on target from us with Ossies header clipping the bar in the 1st half. Yer 2nd was down to our keeper
not hanging on to the ball and the defence asleep fro the follow up. Draw would probably have been a
fair result but overall cant have too many complaints about loosing cos we are brutal bad at the moment,
no killer instinct, players afraid to be creative and about as much team spirit as bottles of booze at a hindu wedding!

Longfordian
18/07/2010, 7:18 PM
A certain M Stapleton's match report on our game v Mervue on ltfc.ie is obviously the exception that proves the rule!. Not that he was wrong by all accounts.

Martinho II
19/07/2010, 4:50 PM
A certain M Stapleton's match report on our game v Mervue on ltfc.ie is obviously the exception that proves the rule!. Not that he was wrong by all accounts.

the gas thing is longfordian it should have being censored ...:)

Martinho II
19/07/2010, 4:51 PM
Rovers1 doesn't exist anymore. He imalgamated with Sligoman. I'm their love child.

god help you so! where was your mum saturday night?and what is rovers1 new login name now?

poster
19/07/2010, 7:43 PM
god help you so! where was your mum saturday night?and what is rovers1 new login name now?

She works security at The Showgrounds.

He simply just doesn't exist now Marty.