PDA

View Full Version : Alan Moore to target Irish for Bury

showgies
11/07/2010, 3:16 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/moore-to-target-irish-for-bury-2254150.html

I wonder will he bring any of our young lads over?

ALAN MOORE, the former Republic of Ireland and Middlesbrough winger, has been appointed by Bury to take charge of their Centre of Excellence, writes Sean Ryan. He takes up his appointment tomorrow week.

Moore, who has been receiving high praise from Sligo Rovers' players for his coaching at the Showgrounds, is completing his 'A' licence and hopes to pursue his Pro licence with Bury.

"I hope to attract young Irish talent," he said yesterday, "as I feel they have a better chance to develop at a small friendly club with an Irish presence than with the big Premiership clubs."

red arrow
11/07/2010, 9:39 PM
yes he is going to be a big loss to the club. i heard about this a few weeks ago and it was confirmed in the papers today.

sligored
12/07/2010, 8:31 AM
just a question - why do we need such a big non playing staff? - cook , carr , moore , the physio and maurice monaghan.
I am disappointed to see alan moore go but i cant figure out his role- anytime i see them training it is gerry carr who is coaching.

poster
12/07/2010, 4:12 PM
Think Maurice is gone, his clipboard was offered a contract at Leeds.