PDA

View Full Version : JOF out

Ozymandias
15/04/2004, 3:06 PM
John o flynn is out for three weeks with ankle ligament damage...somehow three weeks and ligament damage don't really go together in my head.....i wonder

SÓC
15/04/2004, 3:16 PM
John o flynn is out for three weeks with ankle ligament damage...somehow three weeks and ligament damage don't really go together in my head.....i wonder
The three weeks is a quote from the man himself before people start talking about conspiricys and the likes.

pete
15/04/2004, 3:17 PM
Don't think anyone knows the truth but whatever happening O'Flynn ain't 100%

Ozymandias
15/04/2004, 3:30 PM
I wasn't on about a conspiracy like dolans normal injury doubts...I just think ligament damage is a serious enough injury and he could be gone a while

Ozymandias
15/04/2004, 3:47 PM
fair enuff

thecorner
15/04/2004, 6:17 PM
i wonder will it be the same length as the three weeks last season :confused:

Éanna
15/04/2004, 6:28 PM
I hope Dolan gives him all the time he needs to recover. We don't want him being rushed back too soon.........again

shedite
15/04/2004, 6:33 PM
"ligament Damage" could be anything from a minor sprain to a tear. Or 3-4 days to 7-8 months.

Hopefully it will show Dolan that the team works better with one less striker.

Gary
15/04/2004, 10:36 PM
i wonder will it be the same length as the three weeks last season :confused:

Sure we were told in Belfield last septmber he was only out for 2 wks MAX.

Please please please, dont rush him back. I know he probably wants to play every game, fully fit or not, but his injury is obviously nagging and a full 100% recovery is required before he can be even considered.

And after that, God help the rest of the eL defences.

jofyisgod
16/04/2004, 9:31 PM
Same sh1t, different season...

I´d rather wait ages for the fuly fit JOF, rather than this half ready version we keep being given.

rebelnorrie
18/04/2004, 12:15 PM
I hope Dolan gives him all the time he needs to recover. We don't want him being rushed back too soon.........again

like last year against longford....then AGAIN at s start of this year-pulled a stomach muscle.....and AGAIN last week and fúckd his ankle

does anybody see a patern here cos dolan certainly cant....jof needs REST mr dolan,just cos your payin him a fortune every week doesnt mean that he has to play and id say the same for feen and george when theyre off form.

niamh
18/04/2004, 1:24 PM
Is a pity about the injury because JOF was looking like his old self at times during the last few matches. He is still nowhere near fully fit, so hopefully three weeks is right and hopefully it will be just what he needs.

hally11
22/04/2004, 11:33 AM
i agree with dat niamh cause for da last 2 seasons he has been ur best player.give him time to heal properly and im sure he wil back to his old self.

best of luck JOF!!!:D

Jim Smith
22/04/2004, 12:55 PM
The rest and full recovery is particularly important as he is going to get the **** kicked out of him every game and I doubt very much that the officials will do anything to try and stop this. We are going to have a season of being "muscled-off the ball".

rolo
23/04/2004, 2:32 PM
i hope dolan uses this time to try some alternatives up front and try them well.

perhaps partnerships like:
fenn/behan
fenn/doyle
george/fenn

we have great attacking options but seem to score less than what we maybe should be expecting from such options.
i think john o flynn should be given a serious layoff to recover from this injury and then extra time just to rejuvinate himself fully, cos he seems very fragile - probably because he hasnt been given a chance to recover fully from his initial injury.

fenn is a fantastic finisher and great ball player, but doesnt have great pace. but if we had a player up with him capable of quality passing like georgie so fenn can pick up the ball facing goal i think he could do very well, rather than with his back to goal like when trying to play JOF in. plus george up front will let him confront defenders again where he did so well last season.
just a thought of course, but with a high proability of success i feel...
anyone else thought of this , or other attacking options?

behan and his right foot is a very viable option also...

Hitman
23/04/2004, 10:32 PM
Does anyone know when he's due back? It doesen't look like we're going to score without him, bar someone actually trying to support Doyle.

Peadar
26/04/2004, 6:09 PM
With Jason Byrne being called into the senior Ireland squad poor old Flynny must be thinking he'd have had a chance if he were fit.
Hope Byrne gets a twist on Wednesday and comes up trumps for Greener.

Éanna
27/04/2004, 11:21 AM
With Jason Byrne being called into the senior Ireland squad poor old Flynny must be thinking he'd have had a chance if he were fit.
Hope Byrne gets a twist on Wednesday and comes up trumps for Greener.
Yeah. Taking nothing away from Byrne (or Crowe) butwhen he's fit, Flynn is by far the best striker in this league. Pity for him he's having such rotten luck with injuries at the moment

razor
27/04/2004, 11:26 AM
Kerr has acknowledged this too in referring to Byrnes inclusion

"I’ve been impressed over a few seasons,” said Kerr. “Himself and Glen are the outstanding strikers in the League. John O’Flynn has been excellent but he’s obviously had a few injury problems lately"