PDA

View Full Version : Bray vs. Sporting

SupaJon
09/07/2010, 10:50 AM
Veteran Colm Tresson and midfielder Stephen Brennan who both picked up calf injuries against Galway Utd. on Monday will miss the visit of Sporting Fingal to the Carlisle Grounds on Friday night, as will long term injury victims David Tyrrell and Richie Baker. Shane O' Neill who has scored in Bray's last two games picked up an ankle injury but is expected to be fit but no decision on his availability will be made until just before kick-off.

Speaking ahead of the game manager Eddie Gormley said his side did well in Galway having gone a goal down. He said " We rallied well but we could have lost it and then we could have won it at the end, but it keeps our unbeaten run going and we will take the positives from it". He added "Fridays game will be a tough one, they are a top side and a fulltime outfit and it wll be a big test for us, but our players are showing belief and will be anxious to keep our good run going and we can do it if we just get the bounce of the ball".

*****Bray will be looking for their first ever win over Sporting Fingal on Friday.

***** They were beaten twice last season, in the F.A.I. cup Semi-Final and in the first leg of the League play-off while drawing the second leg.

****** This season Fingal won 3-1 at Carlisle Grounds in March and won 1-0 at Santry in May.

Vincent Kirwan

This will be my first game since the Drogs 2-2, for various reasons....

Can't wait!

Roo69
09/07/2010, 12:51 PM
This will be my first game since the Drogs 2-2, for various reasons....

Can't wait!

Should be a decent game. They were far better than us earlier in thye season but we matched them in Santry put went down 1 nil.

Brennan will be a big loss for us but they are missing a few players too.

Grasshopper 99
09/07/2010, 2:14 PM
According to Derby county's website new signing Graham kelly could be playing tonight.

SupaJon
10/07/2010, 7:02 AM
Well it was men against boys last night.

Fingal were very good but I felt they didn't need to get out of 2nd gear for their win.

We did play some better football last night compared to the start of the season, but we were muscled off the ball all too easily.

Still, I was proud of the effort the lads made at times.

Bit uncharacteristic of Massey to get skinned so easily for the first goal.

Roo69
10/07/2010, 10:03 AM
We played 5 in midfield last night against their 4 and they passed the life out of us. We created plenty of chances and should have scored a few but they should have scored 3 or 4 more themselves.

I think the starting line up was wrong too - 2 lads making their debuts playing beside eachother in defence...... Zambra starting ahead of the 2 Doyles starting on the bench...... We are the creators of our own downfall unfortnatually

Seagull
10/07/2010, 12:22 PM
We played 5 in midfield last night against their 4 and they passed the life out of us. We created plenty of chances and should have scored a few but they should have scored 3 or 4 more themselves.

I think the starting line up was wrong too - 2 lads making their debuts playing beside eachother in defence...... Zambra starting ahead of the 2 Doyles starting on the bench...... We are the creators of our own downfall unfortnatually

Incredible that Zambra spent 85 minutes on the pitch...

dublinwanderer
10/07/2010, 5:03 PM
2 lads making their debuts playing beside eachother in defence...... Zambra starting ahead of the 2 Doyles starting on the bench...... We are the creators of our own downfall unfortnatually

who were the 2 lads making debuts beside eachother in defence??? Prendergast has played twice already... O'Connor made his debut but he is experienced enough to be able to cope... Mitchell came on after 20mins or so and did ok, didnt look any worse than anyone else...

Zambra should not be playing at this level. He is a nice lad and that but defo not up to it... Either of the doyles should have started. Really missed Stephen Brennans presence in the middle of the park too though.

BrayUnknowns
11/07/2010, 4:59 PM
Fully agree with you about Zambra, lovely bloke but out of hes depth at this level, the whole game just passes him by. I really hope Gormley just does whats best for the team and stop trying to prove points that he is the gaffer and will do things he's way even when everyone else knows its the wrong way. Brennan was sorely missed alright, can't wait to get him back in the team.

superfrank
11/07/2010, 5:05 PM
Disappointing first match of the season for me.

I thought Prendergast and Danny, in particular, were our leading lights, though there wasn't much competition. Mulroy had some good flashes out wide and his pace should be used a lot more, imo. I feel sorry for O'Neill. He had a tough and thankless job the other night.

I was disappointed with Massey. It's probably the worst defensive performance I've seen from him. Like everyone else, I think the midfield was completely overrun. I hope Brennan can do bette when he's back.

On the whole game, Fingal destroyed us. There was only ever going to be one winner. I just hope we put up more of a fight against weaker sides.

KK77
12/07/2010, 9:10 AM
Just not good enough end of.