PDA

View Full Version : Typical Shels crap

Éanna
15/04/2004, 1:37 PM
shelbourne fc official site (http://www.shelbournefc.ie) click on news, and scroll down

Buses to Cork
[7 April 2004 - 12:17]

Buses to Cork village for next Bank Holiday Monday’s away match, will depart from Tolka Park at 12.30 pm SHARP

Bus Fares: - Supporters Club members / non-members
Adults: €20 / €22
Children/OAPs/ Students: €10 / €12

To book your place phone:
Paul O'Rourke @ 087 6570618
John Reilly @ 086 3491860

Now I can understand a fanzine or unoffical site having crap like "Cork Village" on it, but for it to be carried on an offical club site is not on

Ozymandias
15/04/2004, 1:41 PM
we should all take turns in ringing the numbers and ask them (politely of course) what A***hole they crawled out of...we all know it was byrnes

pete
15/04/2004, 1:48 PM
Hmmm...reminds me of that spam thread...

rebelnorrie
15/04/2004, 2:13 PM
all we can do is laugh at them lads,shows their ignorance,never mind their sad little jabs at city....i remember myself,eric and SÓC went to the shels rovers match last year in tolka and at the end of the game over the p.a system "the shelbourne supporters club is organising a bus(just one) to the next away match in DALYMOUNT PARK against bohemians!"......the 3 of us nearly ****ed ourselves laughin,a bus to an away trip 15mins up the road!....so i wouldnt get to offended lads,they make árseholes of themselves.

Éanna
15/04/2004, 2:19 PM
sent them off an e-mail anyway, be interesting to see what kind of reply I get:

Dear Sir/Madam,
the use of the term Cork "Village" in reference to the city of Cork on an official website, is in my opinion unacceptable. Banter does play a great part in what makes football in this country so enjoyable, but I believe that representatives of a club when acting in an offical capacity should exercise caution in this regard. This league has seen far too much in the way of petty vendettas and squabbles which have tarnished the reputations of individuals, clubs and the league as a whole. With Shelbourne FC claiming to be at the forefront of professional football in this country, it is extremely disappointing that a website representing the club in an official capacity should stoop to this level. While referring to Cork as a village would certainly be acceptable, even humourous, in a fanzine or on an unofficial website, I think that the use of such language on an offical club website is childish and unprofessional. I trust that this was an oversight which will not be repeated.

Yours Sincerely,

É

SÓC
15/04/2004, 2:25 PM
Maybe you should remind them that Pats got fined by the FAI for something one of their fans wrote about UCD in their program.

Can you imagne the outrage if an official site called them jackeens/junkies etc.

Schumi
15/04/2004, 2:26 PM
Maybe you should remind them that Pats got fined by the FAI for something one of their fans wrote about UCD in their program.
Don't think they got fined, I'm sure Dr. Nightdub can confirm.

Éanna
15/04/2004, 7:17 PM
Credit where its due I got a mail back from one of the guys running the site who acknowledged that it might not have been a good idea, and that while meant in jest, an official site might not have been the right place.

ccfc till i die
15/04/2004, 9:00 PM
Jesus lads get over it. Long term city fan and proud Corkonian and I couldn't give a ****. This forum is constantly full of junkie this and scumbag that when talking about Dublin but they make one tiny wisecrack and everyone's up in arms.

Just give as good as you get and let's get on with it.

Dr.Nightdub
15/04/2004, 9:23 PM
Don't think they got fined, I'm sure Dr. Nightdub can confirm.

I was told by a club official that we were. And they declined to print an apology that mentioned the words "Paul Doolin" and "moany slaphead" in the same sentence. At the risk of re-stoking flames that have (thankfully) now gone out, I think that's why a reference in one of my earlier articles this season (not last Friday's) was changed from "some peasant village like Cork, Waterford or Longford" to "some pleasant village..." :D

Éanna
16/04/2004, 11:05 AM
Jesus lads get over it. Long term city fan and proud Corkonian and I couldn't give a ****. This forum is constantly full of junkie this and scumbag that when talking about Dublin but they make one tiny wisecrack and everyone's up in arms.

Just give as good as you get and let's get on with it.
the point i was making is that on a forum its grand, even funny, but on an official club site its very unprofessional. and as I said, I got an email back from one of the lads on the site and let that be the end of it

Schumi
16/04/2004, 11:49 AM
I was told by a club official that we were.Fair enough, seems seriously OTT.

And they declined to print an apology that mentioned the words "Paul Doolin" and "moany slaphead" in the same sentence.
Pity. :D

shedite
16/04/2004, 3:02 PM
For Fu€k sake lads, grow up. Well done Shelbourne. It's funny. Who cares if it's official or not. I'd love an official site that was funny.