PDA

View Full Version : Pete McMahon gone

Schumi
08/07/2010, 6:00 PM
He's off to Drogheda: http://www.ucdsoccer.com/airtricity-league/premier-division/795-st-patricks-athletic-v-ucd-afc Can't say I'm surprised, he hasn't got a game in ages

DeNiro
08/07/2010, 6:39 PM
Is he from around that area? Think he had to wait until 1 July to move, but may have left UCD a while back. Might be wrong on that. As you said, hasn't had a game in ages. Last time I saw him was v Bohs on 30 April

total hoofball
08/07/2010, 7:11 PM
Is he from around that area? Think he had to wait until 1 July to move, but may have left UCD a while back. Might be wrong on that. As you said, hasn't had a game in ages. Last time I saw him was v Bohs on 30 April

I think he is from Monaghan and he has previously played for Drogheda United at under 21 level before joining UCD.

pineapple stu
09/07/2010, 8:39 AM
I think we signed him from Drogheda alright; remember him being mentioned on the Drogs forum. Bit of a disappointment really; thought he was really developing as a player. Any ideas what happened? Falling out/failing exams/temperament?

Edit - I see Drogs have also signed Darren Meenan. He's really getting around! Harps, Monaghan, us, Shels, Sligo and Drogheda so far.

L.T.F.C.
12/07/2010, 5:15 AM
He does live in Monaghan. Played for Drogheda Boys. He wasn't happy in UCD.

pineapple stu
12/07/2010, 9:00 AM
Apparently he left at the end of May. From what I could find out on Friday, he was in the team, was dropped for some reason and preferred to move to another team where he'd get first-team football rather than fight for his place. But that's only me filling in gaps.

TheBoss
12/07/2010, 10:38 PM
Just wondering, has Gavin Falconer joined Waterford United ?

L.T.F.C.
13/07/2010, 5:16 PM
preferred to move to another team where he'd get first-team football rather than fight for his place. But that's only me filling in gaps.
Thats pure ********.

John83
13/07/2010, 6:36 PM
Thats pure ********.
So what was he unhappy about if playing time wasn't the issue?

L.T.F.C.
14/07/2010, 2:34 AM
So what was he unhappy about if playing time wasn't the issue?

He played most games! To say he didn't want to fight for his place is nonsense.

pineapple stu
14/07/2010, 8:37 AM
That wasn't the question asked though...

L.T.F.C.
15/07/2010, 1:48 AM
No it wasn't. And I'm not going to give the reason. For you to say that he didn't want fight for his place is still nonsense.

pineapple stu
15/07/2010, 8:51 AM
No, that's fair enough, and I did get your PM as well, so you don't need to explain it to me any more. But just - well, you can't get away with that kind of non sequitur in the UCD forum. :p